Jason and Stevie

MountainGoat

> @munichop said:

> Without a healthy back he will never regain the form he once had. He is another example of what I believe is the biggest legacy of Tiger's career- the shortening of golf careers due to the all out commitment to bomb and gouge golf. Certain guys will last longer than others but in general the bodies will wear out sooner from the speeds these guys generate.

Yep. Lotta truth to this. Although I think the biggest legacy of Tiger's career is the fact that a ton of golfers who had great careers are not looked upon as such because Tiger basically won 1 out of every 2 or 3 tournaments he entered.

Day had a great start to the season too, but his year all unraveled at Bay Hill when he had to WD with the back injury. He had a decent showing at the Players and backdoored a good finish at Augusta, but his season has been basically all downhill since that WD.

> @munichop said:

> Without a healthy back he will never regain the form he once had. He is another example of what I believe is the biggest legacy of Tiger's career- the shortening of golf careers due to the all out commitment to bomb and gouge golf. Certain guys will last longer than others but in general the bodies will wear out sooner from the speeds these guys generate.

I think you are seeing a movement away from the swing that these guys were using for years that has been killing their backs. Rotating against your hips is an injury waiting to happen.

Bottom line the caddie doesn't make the player. The player controls how he plays and that includes practice, etc. to getting better. JD has a few younger kids and probably can't practice as much as he'd like and combining that with injuries he's just not as good as he once was. All understandable. If he wants to get better then he needs to recommit to the game and maybe even get his original caddie/ coach back on the bag. The others at the top of the ranking are all fully committed to the game and getting physically ready to play but it takes a lot of time and it's hard to do with a family I would imagine. Either that or he's just not that good anymore (ha ha).

Stevie, "I'm at the range, where are you?"

JD, "Had a little cramp in my foot, not sure I should risk it"

Stevie, "You better be out here in 10 minutes you millennial snowflake. TW once got kicked in the throat playing Navy Seal and was out here at 5am"

JD, "My nose is stuffy, can't concentrate"

"&**^%$#@!!!!"

> @wkuo3 said:

> This sports wears on you at the competitive level, next to American football. Recreational play is fine if not done excessively.

Ummm...No....not even close. Football players are done physically for the most part by 32-35. Many of them have ailments including CTE, memory loss, very arthritic joints, etc. by their mid forties. I'm not saying that competitive tour golf isn't taxing physically and mentally, but it's closer to tennis than football. It's not even a close comparison.

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 driver AV Raw White 65g 

Titleist TSi3 3W AV Raw White 65g

Titleist TSi3 3H  AV Raw HY 75g

PXG Gen 5, 0311T 6-AW, 0311P 4-5

Taylormade MG4 54*

Taylormade MG4 58*

Argolf Putter

Vice Pro-Soft balls

> @physasst said:

> > @wkuo3 said:

> > This sports wears on you at the competitive level, next to American football. Recreational play is fine if not done excessively.

> Ummm...No....not even close. Football players are done physically for the most part by 32-35. Many of them have ailments including CTE, memory loss, very arthritic joints, etc. by their mid forties. I'm not saying that competitive tour golf isn't taxing physically and mentally, but it's closer to tennis than football. It's not even a close comparison.

>

All sports which do NOT involve being slammed up against the head thousands of times in a career are less damaging than American football.

> @physasst said:

> > @wkuo3 said:

> > This sports wears on you at the competitive level, next to American football. Recreational play is fine if not done excessively.

> Ummm...No....not even close. Football players are done physically for the most part by 32-35. Many of them have ailments including CTE, memory loss, very arthritic joints, etc. by their mid forties. I'm not saying that competitive tour golf isn't taxing physically and mentally, but it's closer to tennis than football. It's not even a close comparison.

>

Not trying to turn this into a which debate is more taxing argument but tennis is very high up there as far as as physical demand. They play all around the world in a sport that you are constantly starting and stopping, each time putting stress on the joints. Most of their tournaments are played on concrete and when they get to the summer in the US they often play in oppressive heat. I could make an argument it's got a strong argument for #2 most physically demanding sport behind football. Now's a bad time because there are some exceptions to the rule with Roger, Rafa, Serena but you historically saw fewer good players in their 30s than most other sports.

> @Cincy_Ken said:

> > @physasst said:

> > > @wkuo3 said:

> > > This sports wears on you at the competitive level, next to American football. Recreational play is fine if not done excessively.

> > Ummm...No....not even close. Football players are done physically for the most part by 32-35. Many of them have ailments including CTE, memory loss, very arthritic joints, etc. by their mid forties. I'm not saying that competitive tour golf isn't taxing physically and mentally, but it's closer to tennis than football. It's not even a close comparison.

> >

>

> Not trying to turn this into a which debate is more taxing argument but tennis is very high up there as far as as physical demand. They play all around the world in a sport that you are constantly starting and stopping, each time putting stress on the joints. Most of their tournaments are played on concrete and when they get to the summer in the US they often play in oppressive heat. I could make an argument it's got a strong argument for #2 most physically demanding sport behind football. Now's a bad time because there are some exceptions to the rule with Roger, Rafa, Serena but you historically saw fewer good players in their 30s than most other sports.

I'm sure tennis is physically taxing, but it does not include having a very large, angry man hit you. Although some tennis players grunt and scream like they are being hit.

> @Cincy_Ken said:

> > @physasst said:

> > > @wkuo3 said:

> > > This sports wears on you at the competitive level, next to American football. Recreational play is fine if not done excessively.

> > Ummm...No....not even close. Football players are done physically for the most part by 32-35. Many of them have ailments including CTE, memory loss, very arthritic joints, etc. by their mid forties. I'm not saying that competitive tour golf isn't taxing physically and mentally, but it's closer to tennis than football. It's not even a close comparison.

> >

>

> Not trying to turn this into a which debate is more taxing argument but tennis is very high up there as far as as physical demand. They play all around the world in a sport that you are constantly starting and stopping, each time putting stress on the joints. Most of their tournaments are played on concrete and when they get to the summer in the US they often play in oppressive heat. I could make an argument it's got a strong argument for #2 most physically demanding sport behind football. Now's a bad time because there are some exceptions to the rule with Roger, Rafa, Serena but you historically saw fewer good players in their 30s than most other sports.

Umm, again no. While I suck at golf, I was a very good tennis player as a junior, and played D1 in college. Sports similar to football include hockey, MMA/UFC, boxing, etc. Basketball is up there as well. I've seen more than my fair share of professional athletes as patients, and basketball players are almost as bad as football players in their older years...and by older years, I mean 50's. I do agree that tennis is definitely higher than golf in physical wear from load and demand. Point is, golf is behind all of them. Doesn't mean you can't get injured or that there is no physical wear and tear from golf, there is...but let's keep a realistic perspective is all.

Titleist TSi3 driver AV Raw White 65g 

Titleist TSi3 3W AV Raw White 65g

Titleist TSi3 3H  AV Raw HY 75g

PXG Gen 5, 0311T 6-AW, 0311P 4-5

Taylormade MG4 54*

Taylormade MG4 58*

Argolf Putter

Vice Pro-Soft balls

> @physasst said:

> > @Cincy_Ken said:

> > > @physasst said:

> > > > @wkuo3 said:

> > > > This sports wears on you at the competitive level, next to American football. Recreational play is fine if not done excessively.

> > > Ummm...No....not even close. Football players are done physically for the most part by 32-35. Many of them have ailments including CTE, memory loss, very arthritic joints, etc. by their mid forties. I'm not saying that competitive tour golf isn't taxing physically and mentally, but it's closer to tennis than football. It's not even a close comparison.

> > >

> >

> > Not trying to turn this into a which debate is more taxing argument but tennis is very high up there as far as as physical demand. They play all around the world in a sport that you are constantly starting and stopping, each time putting stress on the joints. Most of their tournaments are played on concrete and when they get to the summer in the US they often play in oppressive heat. I could make an argument it's got a strong argument for #2 most physically demanding sport behind football. Now's a bad time because there are some exceptions to the rule with Roger, Rafa, Serena but you historically saw fewer good players in their 30s than most other sports.

>

> Umm, again no. While I suck at golf, I was a very good tennis player as a junior, and played D1 in college. Sports similar to football include hockey, MMA/UFC, boxing, etc. Basketball is up there as well. I've seen more than my fair share of professional athletes as patients, and basketball players are almost as bad as football players in their older years...and by older years, I mean 50's. I do agree that tennis is definitely higher than golf in physical wear from load and demand. Point is, golf is behind all of them. Doesn't mean you can't get injured or that there is no physical wear and tear from golf, there is...but let's keep a realistic perspective is all.

>

Yeah, I don't disagree with you that tennis doesn't compare to football. And I completely agree on the combat sports, i was thinking more along the lines of the higher profile sports. Two boxers just died recently so if we're including boxing it would be top of the list.

There is really no comparison to golf. Watson almost won the British at 59. Phil is 49 and hasn't been out of the top 50 since his early 20s. You can pick up injuries that can derail your career, mostly back, but it's the only sport you have any real chance of competing at at an advanced age.

so can we chalk Steve up as over rated now??

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Let's not vompare American Football to other non- contact sports, please.

Any competitive sports will be taxing if one trys hard at it. American Football add another dimension to the sports with full contact element.

Don;t need to look far to find evidence that competitive golf can cause debilitating injury. Count all those whom showed up on the tournament leader board, almost all of them have serious injury with surgery repairs. Especially in the last couple decades when "science" maximized the human potential thus maximized the harm could have done to human body.

> @Cincy_Ken said:

> > @physasst said:

> > > @wkuo3 said:

> >

>

I've always thought tennis must be one of the more mentally taxing professional sports. I can't imagine playing such a repetitive sport like that week-in-week-out for years without losing my mind. Add in the physical toll and it's amazing any of the players make it out of their 20s. At least with a sport like golf you're playing new courses every week and get to enjoy a nice walk even on your bad days