2019 Titleist MB irons

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

> @BirdieBob said:

> https://youtu.be/8TUrgO2pyu0

Those two irons couldn't possibly perform more similarly. The shortest carry from both was within a yard, the longest was within a yard and the averages are identical. This is exactly why I play these types of clubs and not the hollow, thin, fast faced irons. You know exactly what you're going to get with them. I see a combo set in my future.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

> @Notorious22 said:

> These vs MP20 will be tough

I couldn't agree more. The MP18 are the closet thing to the 690s I have hit. Straight butter on both accounts!

Ping G430 10.5° LST Ping Tour 2.0 Black

Titleist TSR2 15° HZRDUS Black

Titleist TSR3 19° HZRDUS Black

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

I hit the 620mb's this aft ... awesome

Titleist had a fitting today before league

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Hate to admit it as a long-time Mizuno blade guy but these look better to me than the MP-20 blade. I like the higher, beefier muscle back. I like the generous leading ending relief. I like the size and the top line. If only these feel half as good as the Mizunos they will make my bag. I think it's funny that the MP-20 copied the 718 mb with half chrome, half satin, and Titleist copies the MP-18 satin with a chrome line under the muscle. Imitation the sincerest form of flattery right? For me it's between Titleist and Mizuno for best blade and while Mizuno has been in the driver's seat for quite a while, these look like Titleist is serious about catching them and giving the blade player exactly what we're looking for--total shot control, especially being able to flight the ball lower with all clubs.

I just got back from Golf Galaxy and hit the T100, 620 CB and MB. All are really nice irons. I had slightly better dispersion results with the MB than the CB but numbers were almost identical. I definitely hit the T100 the worse but I think that had more to do with starting with them (not warmed completely up) and finishing with them (tired).

Aesthetically, they all look fantastic from the top. The T100 looked to have a longer blade length but they did a nice job making the top line visually the same across the 3 lines. From a bag appeal standpoint, the CB and MB will be hard to beat. I will refrain from giving an opinion on feel because the MaxFli balls they use are awful. I typically carry my 7 iron 170-175 yards on the course and struggle to get a shot to go 165 on their GC2. The balls are flat out awful.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Had a fitting at Titleist today. In the end fitter was happy with this setup

CB 4/5 and MB 6-PW with Project X 6.0 +1/2". Also got the TS3 19* hybrid set at 18* with Hzrdus Smoke

Lovely consistent numbers time after time, flight and carry exactly where I want it, easy to shape

Hit the MB and CB at GG last night. Absolutely loved them, considering ordering a combo set of sorts. However, I was spinning both 7-irons at around 8k on Trackman and they were a good 10-15 yards short of my existing 7-iron (MP-18 MB). The guy next to me was about 6'6", swung at 98 mph with 7-iron (mine was ~93mph), and he was topping out around 170 yards with 8k+ spin using P760. Anyone else experiencing this off their mats with maxfli balls or should I be hesitant about ordering?

> @rouski12 said:

> Hit the MB and CB at GG last night. Absolutely loved them, considering ordering a combo set of sorts. However, I was spinning both 7-irons at around 8k on Trackman and they were a good 10-15 yards short of my existing 7-iron (MP-18 MB). The guy next to me was about 6'6", swung at 98 mph with 7-iron (mine was ~93mph), and he was topping out around 170 yards with 8k+ spin using P760. Anyone else experiencing this off their mats with maxfli balls or should I be hesitant about ordering?

Did you hit MP-18 and 620 MB/CB side by side? Then you can easily compare Spin, Launch and Ballspeed. I would be very surprised if the carry distance would be that significant. BTW, target spin would be 7k. Your mentioned spin look high.

The ball is stupid, so I would compare both on same simulator with Ballspeed, Launch and Spin.

> @andfri said:

> > @rouski12 said:

> > Hit the MB and CB at GG last night. Absolutely loved them, considering ordering a combo set of sorts. However, I was spinning both 7-irons at around 8k on Trackman and they were a good 10-15 yards short of my existing 7-iron (MP-18 MB). The guy next to me was about 6'6", swung at 98 mph with 7-iron (mine was ~93mph), and he was topping out around 170 yards with 8k+ spin using P760. Anyone else experiencing this off their mats with maxfli balls or should I be hesitant about ordering?

>

> Did you hit MP-18 and 620 MB/CB side by side? Then you can easily compare Spin, Launch and Ballspeed. I would be very surprised if the carry distance would be that significant. BTW, target spin would be 7k. Your mentioned spin look high.

>

> The ball is stupid, so I would compare both on same simulator with Ballspeed, Launch and Spin.

>

I did not, but my 7-iron flies 170. I've played enough golf to know the guy next to me was at least a club longer than me. Plus he was hitting a completely different club.. So I'm not sure what to think other than the monitor or situation being off.

Have had both mizzy and titleist

I think there is some method to Mizuno grain forging - from a steel making perspective , love Their clubs , but the smaller titleist footprint keeps me coming back

• Like 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

> @desaille said:

> Anyone get better look at the short irons 8-pw

> That topline and the way it bulges looks weird. I know it’s all preference but if you don’t like how the short irons look, it’s hard to get comfortable with them

Received my preorder in today. I can’t see much difference in the top line in light. In fact I think the 8-pw look smaller than ever. The biggest difference is coming from the 716 MB’s to these is how the actual face look on the 5 and 6. They APPEAR to have more loft and a taller face, but narrower face heel to toe. However when I hold them side by side it looks like there is no difference. Also you can notice less offset for sure, which is great IMO. For me they seem to launch higher with less spin. Definitely a different flight for me, which is good because my long irons in the past didn’t give me good gapping due to too much spin. Feel is the exact same IMO. Can’t speak to the sole or turf interaction because I haven’t hit enough. Over all though, they look great and the slight changes in appearances is nothing that I’m sure anyone’s eyes wouldn’t adjust to with a few range sessions or rounds. With that being said, after seeing the difference in offset of these, it’s very hard not to notice how much offset my other irons have when picking up a 716 now. If you’re someone like myself who likes everything about the previous MB’s and just want a classic looking club and some fresh grooves, then look no further.

Titleist TSR2 10* Ventus Black 6X
Ping 430 LST 15* Ventus Black 7X

Ping G430 Max 5w ADIZ 8X 
Titleist U500 4 DG TI X100
Titleist T100 5-Pw DG TI S400
Titleist SM9 Raw 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04T DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X7
WITB

> @rouski12 said:

> Hit the MB and CB at GG last night. Absolutely loved them, considering ordering a combo set of sorts. However, I was spinning both 7-irons at around 8k on Trackman and they were a good 10-15 yards short of my existing 7-iron (MP-18 MB). The guy next to me was about 6'6", swung at 98 mph with 7-iron (mine was ~93mph), and he was topping out around 170 yards with 8k+ spin using P760. Anyone else experiencing this off their mats with maxfli balls or should I be hesitant about ordering?

> @rouski12 said:

Something wrong with your strike or the tech. I was consistently seeing 6600rpm with the 7i in 620mb. Distance right where i wanted it

> @Tony_Ireland said:

> > @rouski12 said:

> > Hit the MB and CB at GG last night. Absolutely loved them, considering ordering a combo set of sorts. However, I was spinning both 7-irons at around 8k on Trackman and they were a good 10-15 yards short of my existing 7-iron (MP-18 MB). The guy next to me was about 6'6", swung at 98 mph with 7-iron (mine was ~93mph), and he was topping out around 170 yards with 8k+ spin using P760. Anyone else experiencing this off their mats with maxfli balls or should I be hesitant about ordering?

>

> > @rouski12 said:

>

> Something wrong with your strike or the tech. I was consistently seeing 6600rpm with the 7i in 620mb. Distance right where i wanted it

Perfect, good to know. Strike was fine so I'm assuming something with the Maxfli balls or mats or both.

I hit the 620 MBs last night and now am considering ordering them. I, admittedly, love Titleist blades. I currently game the 680s and, before that, had the 716 MBs. Less offset is the main difference I noticed from both the 716 and 680s (only hit the 7 iron, so not sure what the "progressive blade length" looked like in the longer irons). I could be crazy, but I thought these felt slightly softer than the 716s, and I was hitting them both with the same 2019 Pro V1. I didn't notice any increased spin compared to my other irons; in fact, they seemed a little lower, given that the 620 MB 7 iron was 1 degree weaker than my 680 and 716 MBs, and the 620 I hit was with a $-Taper 120s, versus the lower-spinning X7s in the 680s and X100s in my 716s.

My only complaint is that they seem pricey to me, especially when looking at non-stock shafts (DG X7s and $ Tapers), vs the MP 20s.

Driver: Epic  Max LS  - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5 - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Ping Blueprints - X100
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: 21' Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: 21' TP5X

• 2 weeks later...

This forum is great. I too hit the MB and CB today at local golf shop. Playing MP 18 now and love the grain flow feel. MP 20 look gorgeous so waiting until my other shop has them to compare. I really thought I'd find the MB hard to hit. Smaller head, almost scary in the past and everyone always said the clubs are only meant for tour pros. Harder feeling club than Mizuno. I am wrong for now. Was striking MB and CB's pure dead center. Feel was amazing. The look of the MB is just timeless. Love the thinner top line compared to mizzy. Can easily blend MB, CB possibly T100 and a utility long iron. I love the look of the new MP 20 though. The one thing I've noticed about my current MP 18, maybe a softer metal. They get banged up. Not the face. I've got dents and bruises all over back and around my clubs. They look borderline sh*t now. I'd almost hate to invest in the MP20 if the softer metal just gets like that. Any other Mizuno owners see this with their clubs? I dunno have to look at the numbers and feel to compare apples to apples. I think this Thursday Mizzy drops. The one thing that really pissed me off, this old guy at the store telling me I shouldn't be playing the MB's, said I should go with a more forgiving club. Oh really? I'm a 10 HCP and its still dropping. Only thing that is killing me is my putting but thats my fault. Here's a guy who's never seen me play only took a few swings off a mat (I won't name the retailer-annoying) Was hitting every shot pure and he's trying to get me into a more forgiving club. He even said Titleist is not for me. Said they make clubs hard to hit. Wtf....get the hell outta here.