Gankas In Person Lesson

vsproto

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > @proguy said:

> > > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> > > >

> > > > I get it. We are slobs in CA. When I went to Manhattan and dressed up I looked like **** compared to the locals. Their style was sharp and I must admit I was a little jealous until I got home and enjoyed the ocean breeze between my toes.

> > >

> > > LOL not even what I was saying, and I apologize if it came across that way. Trust me I know what it’s like to live in sandals and I lived in SD for 4 years. Cali just has a natural laid back style that only they can get away with. It’s not right or wrong, it just is what it is. I have no doubts that GG is a heII of an instructor and an equal gentleman to boot, and I’m not saying that I would not go to him because of his casual dress style. I was just simply stating that it looks unprofessional to me, given the clientele he caters to and the profession he is in. I’d feel the same way if he was my investment banker, real estate agent or primary care physician.

> > >

> > > Now obviously people are gonna give me a rash of sh*t about it because it probably comes across as me being some elitist **** or something. And if that’s the case, oh well.

> >

> > lol, this is where you're losing me. Are you comparing the appropriate attire of an investment banker to that of a golf instructor? Ironically, I'm an investment banker sitting here in a polo and skinny khakis on a Friday, haha.

>

> I didn’t say anything about his attire, just about him wearing sandals. Are you wearing sandals to the office today?

not taking sides here...haha ... but is the investment banker meeting with clients as well today?

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

> @HoosierMizuno said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > @proguy said:

> > > > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> > > > >

> > > > > I get it. We are slobs in CA. When I went to Manhattan and dressed up I looked like **** compared to the locals. Their style was sharp and I must admit I was a little jealous until I got home and enjoyed the ocean breeze between my toes.

> > > >

> > > > LOL not even what I was saying, and I apologize if it came across that way. Trust me I know what it’s like to live in sandals and I lived in SD for 4 years. Cali just has a natural laid back style that only they can get away with. It’s not right or wrong, it just is what it is. I have no doubts that GG is a heII of an instructor and an equal gentleman to boot, and I’m not saying that I would not go to him because of his casual dress style. I was just simply stating that it looks unprofessional to me, given the clientele he caters to and the profession he is in. I’d feel the same way if he was my investment banker, real estate agent or primary care physician.

> > > >

> > > > Now obviously people are gonna give me a rash of sh*t about it because it probably comes across as me being some elitist **** or something. And if that’s the case, oh well.

> > >

> > > lol, this is where you're losing me. Are you comparing the appropriate attire of an investment banker to that of a golf instructor? Ironically, I'm an investment banker sitting here in a polo and skinny khakis on a Friday, haha.

> >

> > I didn’t say anything about his attire, just about him wearing sandals. Are you wearing sandals to the office today?

>

> not taking sides here...haha ... but is the investment banker meeting with clients as well today?

Which brings up an interesting question. Why is it acceptable in some high dollar professions to be super casual, where as others, say an investment banker, have a “professional” attire that is more often than not strictly adhered to. Even Chi’s polo and khakis are “business casual” but still maintains a level of professionalism that is expected in his line of work. But chances are, he can’t wear a pair of board shorts, a muscle tee and flip flops to the office.

Going back to a previous post, I didn’t know GG wasn’t a PGA (although hindsight pretty much shows that there’s no way they’d let him teach like that) but just assumed as a golf professional his attire would be different.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > @proguy said:

> > > > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> > > >

> > > > I get it. We are slobs in CA. When I went to Manhattan and dressed up I looked like **** compared to the locals. Their style was sharp and I must admit I was a little jealous until I got home and enjoyed the ocean breeze between my toes.

> > >

> > > LOL not even what I was saying, and I apologize if it came across that way. Trust me I know what it’s like to live in sandals and I lived in SD for 4 years. Cali just has a natural laid back style that only they can get away with. It’s not right or wrong, it just is what it is. I have no doubts that GG is a heII of an instructor and an equal gentleman to boot, and I’m not saying that I would not go to him because of his casual dress style. I was just simply stating that it looks unprofessional to me, given the clientele he caters to and the profession he is in. I’d feel the same way if he was my investment banker, real estate agent or primary care physician.

> > >

> > > Now obviously people are gonna give me a rash of sh*t about it because it probably comes across as me being some elitist **** or something. And if that’s the case, oh well.

> >

> > lol, this is where you're losing me. Are you comparing the appropriate attire of an investment banker to that of a golf instructor? Ironically, I'm an investment banker sitting here in a polo and skinny khakis on a Friday, haha.

>

> I didn’t say anything about his attire, just about him wearing sandals. Are you wearing sandals to the office today?

No, but I thought about it!

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @HoosierMizuno said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > > @proguy said:

> > > > > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I get it. We are slobs in CA. When I went to Manhattan and dressed up I looked like **** compared to the locals. Their style was sharp and I must admit I was a little jealous until I got home and enjoyed the ocean breeze between my toes.

> > > > >

> > > > > LOL not even what I was saying, and I apologize if it came across that way. Trust me I know what it’s like to live in sandals and I lived in SD for 4 years. Cali just has a natural laid back style that only they can get away with. It’s not right or wrong, it just is what it is. I have no doubts that GG is a heII of an instructor and an equal gentleman to boot, and I’m not saying that I would not go to him because of his casual dress style. I was just simply stating that it looks unprofessional to me, given the clientele he caters to and the profession he is in. I’d feel the same way if he was my investment banker, real estate agent or primary care physician.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now obviously people are gonna give me a rash of sh*t about it because it probably comes across as me being some elitist **** or something. And if that’s the case, oh well.

> > > >

> > > > lol, this is where you're losing me. Are you comparing the appropriate attire of an investment banker to that of a golf instructor? Ironically, I'm an investment banker sitting here in a polo and skinny khakis on a Friday, haha.

> > >

> > > I didn’t say anything about his attire, just about him wearing sandals. Are you wearing sandals to the office today?

> >

> > not taking sides here...haha ... but is the investment banker meeting with clients as well today?

>

> Which brings up an interesting question. Why is it acceptable in some high dollar professions to be super casual, where as others, say an investment banker, have a “professional” attire that is more often than not strictly adhered to. Even Chi’s polo and khakis are “business casual” but still maintains a level of professionalism that is expected in his line of work. But chances are, he can’t wear a pair of board shorts, a muscle tee and flip flops to the office.

>

> Going back to a previous post, I didn’t know GG wasn’t a PGA (although hindsight pretty much shows that there’s no way they’d let him teach like that) but just assumed as a golf professional his attire would be different.

I'd actually compare me wearing polo and khakis to GG wearing sandals relative to what is "expected" on our jobs.

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @HoosierMizuno said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > > @proguy said:

> > > > > > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I get it. We are slobs in CA. When I went to Manhattan and dressed up I looked like **** compared to the locals. Their style was sharp and I must admit I was a little jealous until I got home and enjoyed the ocean breeze between my toes.

> > > > >

> > > > > LOL not even what I was saying, and I apologize if it came across that way. Trust me I know what it’s like to live in sandals and I lived in SD for 4 years. Cali just has a natural laid back style that only they can get away with. It’s not right or wrong, it just is what it is. I have no doubts that GG is a heII of an instructor and an equal gentleman to boot, and I’m not saying that I would not go to him because of his casual dress style. I was just simply stating that it looks unprofessional to me, given the clientele he caters to and the profession he is in. I’d feel the same way if he was my investment banker, real estate agent or primary care physician.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now obviously people are gonna give me a rash of sh*t about it because it probably comes across as me being some elitist **** or something. And if that’s the case, oh well.

> > > >

> > > > lol, this is where you're losing me. Are you comparing the appropriate attire of an investment banker to that of a golf instructor? Ironically, I'm an investment banker sitting here in a polo and skinny khakis on a Friday, haha.

> > >

> > > I didn’t say anything about his attire, just about him wearing sandals. Are you wearing sandals to the office today?

> >

> > not taking sides here...haha ... but is the investment banker meeting with clients as well today?

>

> Which brings up an interesting question. Why is it acceptable in some high dollar professions to be super casual, where as others, say an investment banker, have a “professional” attire that is more often than not strictly adhered to. Even Chi’s polo and khakis are “business casual” but still maintains a level of professionalism that is expected in his line of work. But chances are, he can’t wear a pair of board shorts, a muscle tee and flip flops to the office.

>

> Going back to a previous post, I didn’t know GG wasn’t a PGA (although hindsight pretty much shows that there’s no way they’d let him teach like that) but just assumed as a golf professional his attire would be different.

Being pga certified means nothing.

> @pinhigh27 said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > > @HoosierMizuno said:

> > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > > > @proguy said:

> > > > > > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > > > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I get it. We are slobs in CA. When I went to Manhattan and dressed up I looked like **** compared to the locals. Their style was sharp and I must admit I was a little jealous until I got home and enjoyed the ocean breeze between my toes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > LOL not even what I was saying, and I apologize if it came across that way. Trust me I know what it’s like to live in sandals and I lived in SD for 4 years. Cali just has a natural laid back style that only they can get away with. It’s not right or wrong, it just is what it is. I have no doubts that GG is a heII of an instructor and an equal gentleman to boot, and I’m not saying that I would not go to him because of his casual dress style. I was just simply stating that it looks unprofessional to me, given the clientele he caters to and the profession he is in. I’d feel the same way if he was my investment banker, real estate agent or primary care physician.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now obviously people are gonna give me a rash of sh*t about it because it probably comes across as me being some elitist **** or something. And if that’s the case, oh well.

> > > > >

> > > > > lol, this is where you're losing me. Are you comparing the appropriate attire of an investment banker to that of a golf instructor? Ironically, I'm an investment banker sitting here in a polo and skinny khakis on a Friday, haha.

> > > >

> > > > I didn’t say anything about his attire, just about him wearing sandals. Are you wearing sandals to the office today?

> > >

> > > not taking sides here...haha ... but is the investment banker meeting with clients as well today?

> >

> > Which brings up an interesting question. Why is it acceptable in some high dollar professions to be super casual, where as others, say an investment banker, have a “professional” attire that is more often than not strictly adhered to. Even Chi’s polo and khakis are “business casual” but still maintains a level of professionalism that is expected in his line of work. But chances are, he can’t wear a pair of board shorts, a muscle tee and flip flops to the office.

> >

> > Going back to a previous post, I didn’t know GG wasn’t a PGA (although hindsight pretty much shows that there’s no way they’d let him teach like that) but just assumed as a golf professional his attire would be different.

>

>

> Being pga certified means nothing.

Dress code standards

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @pinhigh27 said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > @HoosierMizuno said:

> > > > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > > > > @proguy said:

> > > > > > > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > > > > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I get it. We are slobs in CA. When I went to Manhattan and dressed up I looked like **** compared to the locals. Their style was sharp and I must admit I was a little jealous until I got home and enjoyed the ocean breeze between my toes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > LOL not even what I was saying, and I apologize if it came across that way. Trust me I know what it’s like to live in sandals and I lived in SD for 4 years. Cali just has a natural laid back style that only they can get away with. It’s not right or wrong, it just is what it is. I have no doubts that GG is a heII of an instructor and an equal gentleman to boot, and I’m not saying that I would not go to him because of his casual dress style. I was just simply stating that it looks unprofessional to me, given the clientele he caters to and the profession he is in. I’d feel the same way if he was my investment banker, real estate agent or primary care physician.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now obviously people are gonna give me a rash of sh*t about it because it probably comes across as me being some elitist **** or something. And if that’s the case, oh well.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > lol, this is where you're losing me. Are you comparing the appropriate attire of an investment banker to that of a golf instructor? Ironically, I'm an investment banker sitting here in a polo and skinny khakis on a Friday, haha.

> > > > >

> > > > > I didn’t say anything about his attire, just about him wearing sandals. Are you wearing sandals to the office today?

> > > >

> > > > not taking sides here...haha ... but is the investment banker meeting with clients as well today?

> > >

> > > Which brings up an interesting question. Why is it acceptable in some high dollar professions to be super casual, where as others, say an investment banker, have a “professional” attire that is more often than not strictly adhered to. Even Chi’s polo and khakis are “business casual” but still maintains a level of professionalism that is expected in his line of work. But chances are, he can’t wear a pair of board shorts, a muscle tee and flip flops to the office.

> > >

> > > Going back to a previous post, I didn’t know GG wasn’t a PGA (although hindsight pretty much shows that there’s no way they’d let him teach like that) but just assumed as a golf professional his attire would be different.

> >

> >

> > Being pga certified means nothing.

>

> Dress code standards

I think dress code standards in general are being relaxed (at least around here in the Silicon Valley). There are still a few old guard type professions that require them, with PGA professionals obviously being part of that. Pleated khakis and polos with sleeves down to the elbows on deck!

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > > @pinhigh27 said:

> > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > @HoosierMizuno said:

> > > > > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > > > > > @proguy said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > > > > > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I get it. We are slobs in CA. When I went to Manhattan and dressed up I looked like **** compared to the locals. Their style was sharp and I must admit I was a little jealous until I got home and enjoyed the ocean breeze between my toes.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > LOL not even what I was saying, and I apologize if it came across that way. Trust me I know what it’s like to live in sandals and I lived in SD for 4 years. Cali just has a natural laid back style that only they can get away with. It’s not right or wrong, it just is what it is. I have no doubts that GG is a heII of an instructor and an equal gentleman to boot, and I’m not saying that I would not go to him because of his casual dress style. I was just simply stating that it looks unprofessional to me, given the clientele he caters to and the profession he is in. I’d feel the same way if he was my investment banker, real estate agent or primary care physician.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Now obviously people are gonna give me a rash of sh*t about it because it probably comes across as me being some elitist **** or something. And if that’s the case, oh well.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > lol, this is where you're losing me. Are you comparing the appropriate attire of an investment banker to that of a golf instructor? Ironically, I'm an investment banker sitting here in a polo and skinny khakis on a Friday, haha.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I didn’t say anything about his attire, just about him wearing sandals. Are you wearing sandals to the office today?

> > > > >

> > > > > not taking sides here...haha ... but is the investment banker meeting with clients as well today?

> > > >

> > > > Which brings up an interesting question. Why is it acceptable in some high dollar professions to be super casual, where as others, say an investment banker, have a “professional” attire that is more often than not strictly adhered to. Even Chi’s polo and khakis are “business casual” but still maintains a level of professionalism that is expected in his line of work. But chances are, he can’t wear a pair of board shorts, a muscle tee and flip flops to the office.

> > > >

> > > > Going back to a previous post, I didn’t know GG wasn’t a PGA (although hindsight pretty much shows that there’s no way they’d let him teach like that) but just assumed as a golf professional his attire would be different.

> > >

> > >

> > > Being pga certified means nothing.

> >

> > Dress code standards

>

> I think dress code standards in general are being relaxed (at least around here in the Silicon Valley). There are still a few old guard type professions that require them, with PGA professionals obviously being part of that. Pleated khakis and polos with sleeves down to the elbows on deck!

And I’m all for that. I think it’s ludicrous that it requires pretty much an act of Congress to let PGA professionals wear shorts. I’m in the desert and it gives heat stroke seeing our pros having to wear slacks out here.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @"Fort Worth Pro" said:

> > @Soloman1 said:

> > No shorts, (except in some sections in the desert in summer), no sandals, no collarless shirts, jacket and ties for interviews, must dress like a cliche. :)

>

>

> Yeah...that’s not even close. Every facility sets their own dress code for their pros. Has nothing to do with a section or national.

>

>

Thanks for the update. It was by section when I was last a member 27 years ago.

bought out by private equity.

capitalization, grammar and reasoning slashed as a cost reduction.

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> >

> > You can't be serious.

>

> 100% serious. I can’t really explain why it’s a bother to me other than I’ve just always believed in the mantra of “act as if, dress as if”. Now I’m not saying I expect him to be in slacks, a collared shirt and looking like he just walked out of the Titleist tour van, but sandals just aren’t professional unless you’re a lifeguard or a beach bum. Once again, simply my opinion and even without the sandals I’d never be able to afford his lessons in 10 lifetimes.

It’s kind of the point. If you miss that then don’t know what to tel you

> @chigolfer1 said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > > @proguy said:

> > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> > >

> > > I get it. We are slobs in CA. When I went to Manhattan and dressed up I looked like **** compared to the locals. Their style was sharp and I must admit I was a little jealous until I got home and enjoyed the ocean breeze between my toes.

> >

> > LOL not even what I was saying, and I apologize if it came across that way. Trust me I know what it’s like to live in sandals and I lived in SD for 4 years. Cali just has a natural laid back style that only they can get away with. It’s not right or wrong, it just is what it is. I have no doubts that GG is a heII of an instructor and an equal gentleman to boot, and I’m not saying that I would not go to him because of his casual dress style. I was just simply stating that it looks unprofessional to me, given the clientele he caters to and the profession he is in. I’d feel the same way if he was my investment banker, real estate agent or primary care physician.

> >

> > Now obviously people are gonna give me a rash of sh*t about it because it probably comes across as me being some elitist **** or something. And if that’s the case, oh well.

>

> lol, this is where you're losing me. Are you comparing the appropriate attire of an investment banker to that of a golf instructor? Ironically, I'm an investment banker sitting here in a polo and skinny khakis on a Friday, haha.

I get what he’s trying to say but majority of his clientele is juniors, college kids, and GolfWRX people. Not so much the husband and wife from the swanky country club. So no one cares how he talks or dresses.

I do think it’s odd when people try to talk like him and have been to California for one weekend

I think it depends on where your game is. If you are a 15+ capper like me, it makes sense to spend tha $500 on 6 lessons spread out over half a year. That’s what I’m doing. And once you get your handicap down and get stuck at a certain number, maybe then pay top dollar for some specialized lessons. That’s my gameplan right now anyways. I have Andrew Rice in my city, but just don’t think it would be worth paying him that until I need a more advanced teacher. My $80 an hour teacher has really helped me. He anwers follow up questions through emails. I send him videos and he analyzes them. You probably won’t get that from the elites. JMO.

> @Divdevil said:

> I think it depends on where your game is. If you are a 15+ capper like me, it makes sense to spend tha $500 on 6 lessons spread out over half a year. That’s what I’m doing. And once you get your handicap down and get stuck at a certain number, maybe then pay top dollar for some specialized lessons. That’s my gameplan right now anyways. I have Andrew Rice in my city, but just don’t think it would be worth paying him that until I need a more advanced teacher. My $80 an hour teacher has really helped me. He anwers follow up questions through emails. I send him videos and he analyzes them. You probably won’t get that from the elites. JMO.

You are probably absolutely correct...some elite coaches like Andrew and I know I heard Chris Mason say that he can’t remember when he last coached a beginner.

The last time I saw Iteach he just finished attending one of those “coach” camps. 2 of the instructors gave a sample lesson to the same guy if I understood the story correctly ..one had the guy shanking by the end and one “that isn’t exactly popular on this site at the moment” had the guy hitting good shots for his level.

I give gg all the credit in the world because it’s like he’s teaching a beginner from the start on every lesson because his setup etc is so different from what it normally taught.

His choice of attire doesn't bother me at all. I grew up in Virginia Beach where the dress code and linguistics are almost identical to GG's. Its a surf/skate town culture thing, I guess. When I moved to Richmond in 2002 I stood out with my attire and the way I spoke, so I understand where Shipwreck is coming from. Not that Richmond is NYC by any means, but the business casual look of khakis, collared shirts and loafers are the norm. I showed up in baggy jeans, a Billabong t-shirt, Etnies (skate shoes) and a Volcom hat for the first day of the fire academy and got some weird looks from people. I still say "bro" a lot at 48 years old and prefer jeans, a t-shirt and skate style shoes - its hard to shake 30 years of living in a surf/skate culture.

As far as the $500 an hour fee, I say good for him, he's taking advantage of all the hard work he's put in to get to this point.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

GG works hard, delivers results, and seems to be a really good guy. There's only so many hours in a day, so if demand exceeds supply, price has to move. Seems reasonable and well deserved to me.

His Como segment is really good for those who are interested in some of his fundamentally different teaching concepts. The "aha" moment for me was the right foot rotation versus pushing piece. I certainly don't have it down, but when executed correctly, it adds a solid 10 - 15 yards.

SIM2 Graphite Design Ventus TR 60X

PXG Gen 3, Project X

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55D / 60T

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

Good for GG. In person, he is not a cocky egotistical jerk. He is actually very humble and sincerely genuine. He works beyond hard. What you see online is him having fun. He likes to laugh and have fun and a lot of the online stuff is a joke. I like turtles.

When I worked with George I think I paid $150 back then. I would pay $500 now. He taught me enough about what he teaches to be able to teach myself his stuff, which was by design since I lived half way across the country. I can't tell you how many phone calls we had on his day off, Monday, that lasted over an hour of him explaining stuff. If he didn't charge $500 per hour he literally would be booking guys out two years in advance and that is with him working 80 hours a week.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @pinhigh27 said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > @HoosierMizuno said:

> > > > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > > > > @proguy said:

> > > > > > > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > > > > > It’s a very minor thing and I can’t even believe it’s something that would come to my attention, but I just find it extremely unprofessional that he’s wearing sandals in some of his instruction videos. I get that it’s SoCal and it’s obviously a culture and style out there.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I get it. We are slobs in CA. When I went to Manhattan and dressed up I looked like **** compared to the locals. Their style was sharp and I must admit I was a little jealous until I got home and enjoyed the ocean breeze between my toes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > LOL not even what I was saying, and I apologize if it came across that way. Trust me I know what it’s like to live in sandals and I lived in SD for 4 years. Cali just has a natural laid back style that only they can get away with. It’s not right or wrong, it just is what it is. I have no doubts that GG is a heII of an instructor and an equal gentleman to boot, and I’m not saying that I would not go to him because of his casual dress style. I was just simply stating that it looks unprofessional to me, given the clientele he caters to and the profession he is in. I’d feel the same way if he was my investment banker, real estate agent or primary care physician.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now obviously people are gonna give me a rash of sh*t about it because it probably comes across as me being some elitist **** or something. And if that’s the case, oh well.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > lol, this is where you're losing me. Are you comparing the appropriate attire of an investment banker to that of a golf instructor? Ironically, I'm an investment banker sitting here in a polo and skinny khakis on a Friday, haha.

> > > > >

> > > > > I didn’t say anything about his attire, just about him wearing sandals. Are you wearing sandals to the office today?

> > > >

> > > > not taking sides here...haha ... but is the investment banker meeting with clients as well today?

> > >

> > > Which brings up an interesting question. Why is it acceptable in some high dollar professions to be super casual, where as others, say an investment banker, have a “professional” attire that is more often than not strictly adhered to. Even Chi’s polo and khakis are “business casual” but still maintains a level of professionalism that is expected in his line of work. But chances are, he can’t wear a pair of board shorts, a muscle tee and flip flops to the office.

> > >

> > > Going back to a previous post, I didn’t know GG wasn’t a PGA (although hindsight pretty much shows that there’s no way they’d let him teach like that) but just assumed as a golf professional his attire would be different.

> >

> >

> > Being pga certified means nothing.

>

> Dress code standards

Unless something has changed, dress code is setup by the club you work for, not by being certified.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

The reason he wears slides is because he often needs to exaggerate what the footwork is doing in the swing. He has said this many times as the reason he wears them. He is big on torquing the ground and using it as a power source.

I talked to him recently at a local course, he was genuinely surprised when I told him he was booked until October (now December apparently). He does have 2 guys that coach alongside him now at Westlake, they are each around $200 an hour. Obviously not the same as seeing the man himself, but they are his disciples so they should be teaching the same philosophy. I'm planning on seeing GG in Nov just to get the full experience, and then do followups with his other dudes. If you can't wait until Dec he offers "after hours" lessons for $650!

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
UW 17* Smoke 70s

Fli-Hi 19* Smoke 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0