106-115 MPH swing speed, can't hit driver more than 200 yds

Matadorb32

I think some launch monitor data is definitely needed. If you "really" got that figure from a Golf Galaxy monitor, you could have them print off the impact data for you and it would show you everything about the strike.

Driver: Ping G430 Max (Ventus Velocore TR Red 6x)

4W: Titleist Tsi2 16.5* (Hazardus Smoke RDX 70)

7W: Titleist 910 21* (UST Mamiya Attas 75)

Irons: Handmade Stix LB-1 4-PW (Dynamic Gold X100)

Wedges: 50*, 54* & 60* Vokey SM9 (Dynamic Gold S400)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

> @SNIPERBBB said:

> > @Three_Jack said:

> > > @carrera said:

> > > Agree - get on a good monitor and post the results. Most folks don't have 9 mph range on their normal driver swing speeds....it is a big gap from 106-115 and that suggests that the measurements aren't reliable.

> >

> > Even @ 106, hitting ANYWHERE on the face will carry 200. I just plugged in an absolute HORRIBLE shot for 106 swing speed into the flightscope traj optimizer. 159 ballspeed, 20 degrees launch, 5000rpm spin, and it still carried 237.

> >

> > With 3000 rpms the same shot carries 256.

>

> I put in 5* horizontal spin, 160 ball speed, 35* launch, 4000 spin and got 207 carry. Not sure if it's possible to get those numbers with driver at 115 club speed

35* launch would be square off the top line...not sure if you can get 160 ball speed hitting it there lol

> @Matadorb32 said:

> > @DLev45 said:

> > What irons are you playing, @Matadorb32 ?

>

> Mizuno JPX 900 forged, .25" short

Well that pretty much cements it.

That's a 24 degree 5-iron you're hitting 175-180, a 31 degree 7-iron that's carry 150-160, and a 45 degree PW that you hit 115-120. You just don't swing as fast as you think you do. Those distances with those lofts put you somewhere between 93-100. And an open-face, OTT pull-slice with the driver is only going to go 200 in that speed range. ![see this chart.](http://wpmediars.golfwrx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/CarryDistanceSwingSpeedChart-600x218.jpg "")

Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Ping Alta CB 55 Stiff (44.5")

Fairway: Ping G410 SFT 3W w/ Ping Alta CB 65 Stiff

Hybrids: Titleist 818 H1 3H/4H w/ Aldila Rogue Black 85 Stiff

Irons: Ping i210 5i-UW w/ Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff (+0.5"/1.5* upright)

Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 54 SS / 58 ES w/ Ping AWT 2.0 Wedge Flex

Putter: Taylormade Spider X Navy (35")

I'd say the swing plays a part in it - out to in with the face open will definitely get you that pull fade and will lose some distance. You might try lofting down your driver/putting a lower spinning shaft in it for a quick "fix". It is hard to tell from the video, but I would say the driver swing speed is closer to 95-100 mph with those iron yardages. You might try working on taking it away more to the inside - maybe practicing with some exaggerated in-to-out swings to start. It looks like you were at least thinking about that with the pre-swing motion on the 2nd swing.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

> @cvhookem63 said:

> I'd say the swing plays a part in it - out to in with the face open will definitely get you that pull fade and will lose some distance. You might try lofting down your driver/putting a lower spinning shaft in it for a quick "fix". It is hard to tell from the video, but I would say the driver swing speed is closer to 95-100 mph with those iron yardages. You might try working on taking it away more to the inside - maybe practicing with some exaggerated in-to-out swings to start. It looks like you were at least thinking about that with the pre-swing motion on the 2nd swing.

Thanks, yeah I am "feeling" in-to-out in my swing but clearly on the video you can see me coming pretty far the opposite way. I guess I'm leaving the face open too so I don't have a crazy pull and wiping across the ball for contact. I need to figure out how to do that but I always feel my shoulders flinging up pre-impact which may be causing that.

I am already at the lowest loft that driver offers, 9 degrees.

> @Matadorb32 said:

> Thanks everyone, for looking at my swing. I agree, I must have some inflated numbers. After looking at my video, I can see the over the top wipe contact. How do I fix that?

Quite a few things going on. Your initial pump/rehearsal seems off, seems like you are intentionally sucking the club way inside, but that might actually work against you on the way down. Back swing is way too long as well.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Matadorb32 said:

> > Thanks everyone, for looking at my swing. I agree, I must have some inflated numbers. After looking at my video, I can see the over the top wipe contact. How do I fix that?

>

> Quite a few things going on. Your initial pump/rehearsal seems off, seems like you are intentionally sucking the club way inside, but that might actually work against you on the way down. Back swing is way too long as well.

I just went out in the back yard to practice a few dry swings. Something I remembered I was doing back when I was hitting the ball well was having a lot of secondary tilt. Like feeling like I'm leaning 90 degrees from the target -- but in reality nowhere near that. On video I've found this to help the in-to-out path and it also helps keep my backswing at or before parallel.

> @chigolfer1 said:

> Yeah, sorry, honestly this doesn't add up. I don't see how you are truly swinging 106-115 with driver but getting those distances with irons. Those are just above mine and I know I'm not swinging close to that. OTOH, with those distances, I have a very hard time believing you can't hit any driver 200 yards. And, if you really are swinging a driver 106-115, I don't care how bad the impact position is, on anything that isn't just a complete mishit, I don't see how it doesn't go over 200 yards.

I ask the same question. My son is around 112 mph right now and he launches his 8 iron in the high 160 carry range. His driver is around 300 total

> @Matadorb32 said:

> 106-115 MPH swing speed verified with multiple devices. For some back story, used to have a Cobra Fly-Z with a stiff black tie in, had no problem carrying it 240-260. Decided to sell it stupidly, and experimented for about a year with an XR 15 Pro and a XR16 (non-pro) with a myriad of shaft options, was able to knock one out there maybe 230 every once in a while, sold one of them and broke the other one. So I decided to get back into a Cobra and got a sweet deal on a brand new Cobra f8 with the stock Aldila NV 2KXV blue Stiff shaft. Verifying with GPS, I've used this club on course and I'm hitting it almost exactly 200 yards (+/- 5yds) on every drive. It's always in the fairway but hitting hybrids or long irons into every green is a struggle. I've tried messing with all of the loft/lie settings and weight settings, and while this does change the ball flight quite a bit, the distance remains around 200 yards with absolutely 0 roll. Often finding my drives a foot behind the pitch mark even in somewhat dry conditions. This thing launches into orbit and basically just appears to fall 90 degrees straight into the ground. Useful shot I suppose for a 200 yard par 3. But I really want more out of my driver.

>

> Things I've checked or tried:

> **1. center face contact -** my impact pattern seems pretty consistent, and I can reasonably control where on the face I'm trying to impact it. Move it out towards the toe for some more draw, towards the heel for more fade, etc.

> **2. swing speed** - The faster I swing, the higher the ball goes. swing 90mph and it's a lower trajectory out to 200 yards. Swing 115 - super high trajectory, dive bomb right at 200 yards...

> **3. attack angle -** I've tried hitting down on the ball, lowers trajectory quite a bit, a bit more erratic. I've moved the ball way up in my stance, and verifed with video that I am in fact hitting up on the ball... doesn't matter -- 200 yards.

>

> other distances for reference:

> 3h - 225-235

> 5i - 175-180

> 7i - 150-160

> PW - 115-120

>

> My current theory is that the Aldila NV 2KXV blue Stiff shaft may be a bit too whippy for me and I need something stiffer. But as I understand, if the shaft is too weak it has more of an impact on shot dispersion... if anything, a weaker shaft would actually be longer just more erratic, right?

>

> Anything I can do to get back some distance?

>

First off, I'm not even sure how this is possible. 115mph swing with a ball flight of only 200 BUT rather than focus on that, you need a different shaft in your driver. Go to a golf shop and hit multiple shafts on their simulator. Try to find a setup that give you about 2000-2300 rpm spin. That should help tremendously. If you find that missing the sweet spot of your driver is the primary cause, try choking up or shortening your driver by 1/2 or 1".

Your pre-swing rehearsal looks like your trying to hold off the release. In your mind maybe you think this will help 'lag' or forward shaft lean but in reality your programming a fall back wipe sort of move. Nicklaus said you can't release the club to early. Try and make your hands release over your left foot and see what happens.

> @glk said:

> Way across line. Open face. Big wipe - out to in. Got to be high launch with lots of loft added. Put 135 ball speed(flightscope traj optimizer) 4000 spin and with fade spin got 201 with no roll with launch of 25* - ball went 160 feet high. Lol. Ball speed of 150 requires more spin and higher launch and goes over 200 feet high - really doubt this is happening. It is your swing and not equipment. And it’s not just fixing one thing.

This ^^^. You can hit center with loads of speed and an open face and cut across path and go nowhere. Spin north of 4K etc. some refuse to believe this. But it’s doable. I’ve done it. Not anymore. Go see somebody OP. Get fixed.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @glk said:

> > Way across line. Open face. Big wipe - out to in. Got to be high launch with lots of loft added. Put 135 ball speed(flightscope traj optimizer) 4000 spin and with fade spin got 201 with no roll with launch of 25* - ball went 160 feet high. Lol. Ball speed of 150 requires more spin and higher launch and goes over 200 feet high - really doubt this is happening. It is your swing and not equipment. And it’s not just fixing one thing.

>

> This ^^^. You can hit center with loads of speed and an open face and cut across path and go nowhere. Spin north of 4K etc. some refuse to believe this. But it’s doable. I’ve done it. Not anymore. Go see somebody OP. Get fixed.

No... you cannot hit center with 115 clubhead speed and carry the ball 200 yards. I just put in 160ball speed(which is really low for 115 clubhead speed), 24* vertical launch, 4330 backspin, 30 degrees of spin axis and STILL got 234 yards of carry. This ball flight had a 200 foot peak. Not sure why people believe that you can hit a modern driver on the face with 115 mph clubhead speed and not get 250+ yards of carry with garbage contact.

> @Matadorb32 said:

> Just want to clear up any further argument. I'm pretty sure my SSR and the flightscope at GG were giving me false/inflated readings. Realistically I think I'm swinging maybe 100-105 MPH with a wide open face and a slap across the ball.

I’d say right now you are 90 -95 and, with sound mechanics and positions, you could get to 100

> @Three_Jack said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > Way across line. Open face. Big wipe - out to in. Got to be high launch with lots of loft added. Put 135 ball speed(flightscope traj optimizer) 4000 spin and with fade spin got 201 with no roll with launch of 25* - ball went 160 feet high. Lol. Ball speed of 150 requires more spin and higher launch and goes over 200 feet high - really doubt this is happening. It is your swing and not equipment. And it’s not just fixing one thing.

> >

> > This ^^^. You can hit center with loads of speed and an open face and cut across path and go nowhere. Spin north of 4K etc. some refuse to believe this. But it’s doable. I’ve done it. Not anymore. Go see somebody OP. Get fixed.

>

> No... you cannot hit center with 115 clubhead speed and carry the ball 200 yards. I just put in 160ball speed(which is really low for 115 clubhead speed), 24* vertical launch, 4330 backspin, 30 degrees of spin axis and STILL got 234 yards of carry. This ball flight had a 200 foot peak. Not sure why people believe that you can hit a modern driver on the face with 115 mph clubhead speed and not get 250+ yards of carry with garbage contact.

Don’t you think that “ 200 yards “ is likely hyperbole to exclaim how “ less than optimized” the shot is ???

Come on.

Swinging 115 ( I’m not saying he is that fast just in general ) and carrying it 234 feels like it goes 150.

I can say that cause I’ve been there. I won’t post my actual numbers because that will start a separate war. But let’s just say that I was 40 % short of optimum numbers at one point. And through the winter to now I gained and average of 40 yards carry. And I was hitting the middle of the face the whole time. Swinging harder or faster with these other flaws will not make the ball go farther. Just spins up more .

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

That's certainly more than adequate swing speed, so unless you're consistently missing the sweetspot, one might first uspect an equipment failure of some type.....(i. e. a cracked driver face, or a shaft that is over-tipped or so 'stiff' that it won't flex enough to properly convert swing speed to to ball speed).

However, there are other possibilities to consider...

Another thought would be that you are producing 'way too much spin', with your driver, which once again leads me to believe you might benefit from a different driver clubhead,; and possibly a different shaft. Ideally a clubhead that produces less spin and possibly has less loft. As for the shaft, If spin is actually 'the distance-robbing issue', then forget my earlier remarks about the shaft, because in that case, you may be using a shaft that is too 'whippy' and therefore contributing to a very high spin rate. If this is the case, you may actually need a stiffer shaft, or at least some tipping of the one you now have. (You can always use a shaft extension on the butt end to recover the lost shaft length).

A launch monitor session would be the best way to sort all this out!

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

1) You are not swinging that fast

2) > @Three_Jack said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > Way across line. Open face. Big wipe - out to in. Got to be high launch with lots of loft added. Put 135 ball speed(flightscope traj optimizer) 4000 spin and with fade spin got 201 with no roll with launch of 25* - ball went 160 feet high. Lol. Ball speed of 150 requires more spin and higher launch and goes over 200 feet high - really doubt this is happening. It is your swing and not equipment. And it’s not just fixing one thing.

> >

> > This ^^^. You can hit center with loads of speed and an open face and cut across path and go nowhere. Spin north of 4K etc. some refuse to believe this. But it’s doable. I’ve done it. Not anymore. Go see somebody OP. Get fixed.

>

> No... you cannot hit center with 115 clubhead speed and carry the ball 200 yards. I just put in 160ball speed(which is really low for 115 clubhead speed), 24* vertical launch, 4330 backspin, 30 degrees of spin axis and STILL got 234 yards of carry. This ball flight had a 200 foot peak. Not sure why people believe that you can hit a modern driver on the face with 115 mph clubhead speed and not get 250+ yards of carry with garbage contact.

I could hit it one yard out of the middle with that much speed. I do think the point has been made though that he is not swinging that fast.

> @"rich s" said:

> 1) You are not swinging that fast

> 2) > @Three_Jack said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @glk said:

> > > > Way across line. Open face. Big wipe - out to in. Got to be high launch with lots of loft added. Put 135 ball speed(flightscope traj optimizer) 4000 spin and with fade spin got 201 with no roll with launch of 25* - ball went 160 feet high. Lol. Ball speed of 150 requires more spin and higher launch and goes over 200 feet high - really doubt this is happening. It is your swing and not equipment. And it’s not just fixing one thing.

> > >

> > > This ^^^. You can hit center with loads of speed and an open face and cut across path and go nowhere. Spin north of 4K etc. some refuse to believe this. But it’s doable. I’ve done it. Not anymore. Go see somebody OP. Get fixed.

> >

> > No... you cannot hit center with 115 clubhead speed and carry the ball 200 yards. I just put in 160ball speed(which is really low for 115 clubhead speed), 24* vertical launch, 4330 backspin, 30 degrees of spin axis and STILL got 234 yards of carry. This ball flight had a 200 foot peak. Not sure why people believe that you can hit a modern driver on the face with 115 mph clubhead speed and not get 250+ yards of carry with garbage contact.

>

> I could hit it one yard out of the middle with that much speed. I do think the point has been made though that he is not swinging that fast.

Can you explain how you could hit it one yard hitting the middle of the clubface with a 115mph clubhead speed?

> @Three_Jack said:

> > @"rich s" said:

> > 1) You are not swinging that fast

> > 2) > @Three_Jack said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > Way across line. Open face. Big wipe - out to in. Got to be high launch with lots of loft added. Put 135 ball speed(flightscope traj optimizer) 4000 spin and with fade spin got 201 with no roll with launch of 25* - ball went 160 feet high. Lol. Ball speed of 150 requires more spin and higher launch and goes over 200 feet high - really doubt this is happening. It is your swing and not equipment. And it’s not just fixing one thing.

> > > >

> > > > This ^^^. You can hit center with loads of speed and an open face and cut across path and go nowhere. Spin north of 4K etc. some refuse to believe this. But it’s doable. I’ve done it. Not anymore. Go see somebody OP. Get fixed.

> > >

> > > No... you cannot hit center with 115 clubhead speed and carry the ball 200 yards. I just put in 160ball speed(which is really low for 115 clubhead speed), 24* vertical launch, 4330 backspin, 30 degrees of spin axis and STILL got 234 yards of carry. This ball flight had a 200 foot peak. Not sure why people believe that you can hit a modern driver on the face with 115 mph clubhead speed and not get 250+ yards of carry with garbage contact.

> >

> > I could hit it one yard out of the middle with that much speed. I do think the point has been made though that he is not swinging that fast.

>

> Can you explain how you could hit it one yard hitting the middle of the clubface with a 115mph clubhead speed?

I can pull this shot off, no problem. This used to be my stock drive. Basically you just miss the ball with the driver and the wind from the driver will propel the ball forward. Another alternative way, which only works in really damp conditions is to hit -30 degrees down on a driver and plug it hard.

> @Matadorb32 said:

> > @Three_Jack said:

> > > @"rich s" said:

> > > 1) You are not swinging that fast

> > > 2) > @Three_Jack said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > Way across line. Open face. Big wipe - out to in. Got to be high launch with lots of loft added. Put 135 ball speed(flightscope traj optimizer) 4000 spin and with fade spin got 201 with no roll with launch of 25* - ball went 160 feet high. Lol. Ball speed of 150 requires more spin and higher launch and goes over 200 feet high - really doubt this is happening. It is your swing and not equipment. And it’s not just fixing one thing.

> > > > >

> > > > > This ^^^. You can hit center with loads of speed and an open face and cut across path and go nowhere. Spin north of 4K etc. some refuse to believe this. But it’s doable. I’ve done it. Not anymore. Go see somebody OP. Get fixed.

> > > >

> > > > No... you cannot hit center with 115 clubhead speed and carry the ball 200 yards. I just put in 160ball speed(which is really low for 115 clubhead speed), 24* vertical launch, 4330 backspin, 30 degrees of spin axis and STILL got 234 yards of carry. This ball flight had a 200 foot peak. Not sure why people believe that you can hit a modern driver on the face with 115 mph clubhead speed and not get 250+ yards of carry with garbage contact.

> > >

> > > I could hit it one yard out of the middle with that much speed. I do think the point has been made though that he is not swinging that fast.

> >

> > Can you explain how you could hit it one yard hitting the middle of the clubface with a 115mph clubhead speed?

>

> I can pull this shot off, no problem. This used to be my stock drive. Basically you just miss the ball with the driver and the wind from the driver will propel the ball forward. Another alternative way, which only works in really damp conditions is to hit -30 degrees down on a driver and plug it hard.

And impale your groin on the shaft after it snaps?

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

> @Three_Jack said:

> > @"rich s" said:

> > 1) You are not swinging that fast

> > 2) > @Three_Jack said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > Way across line. Open face. Big wipe - out to in. Got to be high launch with lots of loft added. Put 135 ball speed(flightscope traj optimizer) 4000 spin and with fade spin got 201 with no roll with launch of 25* - ball went 160 feet high. Lol. Ball speed of 150 requires more spin and higher launch and goes over 200 feet high - really doubt this is happening. It is your swing and not equipment. And it’s not just fixing one thing.

> > > >

> > > > This ^^^. You can hit center with loads of speed and an open face and cut across path and go nowhere. Spin north of 4K etc. some refuse to believe this. But it’s doable. I’ve done it. Not anymore. Go see somebody OP. Get fixed.

> > >

> > > No... you cannot hit center with 115 clubhead speed and carry the ball 200 yards. I just put in 160ball speed(which is really low for 115 clubhead speed), 24* vertical launch, 4330 backspin, 30 degrees of spin axis and STILL got 234 yards of carry. This ball flight had a 200 foot peak. Not sure why people believe that you can hit a modern driver on the face with 115 mph clubhead speed and not get 250+ yards of carry with garbage contact.

> >

> > I could hit it one yard out of the middle with that much speed. I do think the point has been made though that he is not swinging that fast.

>

> Can you explain how you could hit it one yard hitting the middle of the clubface with a 115mph clubhead speed?

If the club face is dead square (0 degrees face to path) to the ball, it imparts max energy. The more tilted the face of the driver is the less energy it imparts to the ball. If the face is at 89.9 degrees to path and it hits the ball in the middle of the face, how far do you think it will go? If you had a 85 degree wedge with the same length shaft as your driver, how far do you think the ball will go? Same principal. My guess is his face is wide open and he is wiping across it so his smash factor is insanely low.

Any golf galaxy I have been to uses a GC2 (no HMT) or some other ball censor that calculates estimated swing speed based on ball speed. I swing driver around 110 and I was getting 126 mph in my data one day, but I knew the unit had no way of actually calculating head speed. It was giving me an "estimated" smash of 1.3 that it gives for the 7 iron setting with a 165 ball speed and viola, I'm Matthew Wolff. FWIW it was giving an estimated smash factor of 1.45 when we switched to driver setting.

If OPs machine was set to seven iron, his 115 on-screen swing speed with a 1.3 smash factor would be a 150 ball speed, which is a little more in line with what he is explaining. That would put him around 100 mph which it sounds like he has deduced himself a few posts above.

> @"rich s" said:

> > @Three_Jack said:

> > > @"rich s" said:

> > > 1) You are not swinging that fast

> > > 2) > @Three_Jack said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > Way across line. Open face. Big wipe - out to in. Got to be high launch with lots of loft added. Put 135 ball speed(flightscope traj optimizer) 4000 spin and with fade spin got 201 with no roll with launch of 25* - ball went 160 feet high. Lol. Ball speed of 150 requires more spin and higher launch and goes over 200 feet high - really doubt this is happening. It is your swing and not equipment. And it’s not just fixing one thing.

> > > > >

> > > > > This ^^^. You can hit center with loads of speed and an open face and cut across path and go nowhere. Spin north of 4K etc. some refuse to believe this. But it’s doable. I’ve done it. Not anymore. Go see somebody OP. Get fixed.

> > > >

> > > > No... you cannot hit center with 115 clubhead speed and carry the ball 200 yards. I just put in 160ball speed(which is really low for 115 clubhead speed), 24* vertical launch, 4330 backspin, 30 degrees of spin axis and STILL got 234 yards of carry. This ball flight had a 200 foot peak. Not sure why people believe that you can hit a modern driver on the face with 115 mph clubhead speed and not get 250+ yards of carry with garbage contact.

> > >

> > > I could hit it one yard out of the middle with that much speed. I do think the point has been made though that he is not swinging that fast.

> >

> > Can you explain how you could hit it one yard hitting the middle of the clubface with a 115mph clubhead speed?

>

> If the club face is dead square (0 degrees face to path) to the ball, it imparts max energy. The more tilted the face of the driver is the less energy it imparts to the ball. If the face is at 89.9 degrees to path and it hits the ball in the middle of the face, how far do you think it will go? If you had a 85 degree wedge with the same length shaft as your driver, how far do you think the ball will go? Same principal. My guess is his face is wide open and he is wiping across it so his smash factor is insanely low.

I feel like you don't even realize what your suggesting. You're basically asking someone to swing a club at 115 mph and hit the center of the clubface while having the clubface parallel to the swing plane. You would have a way better chance to hit the hosel if the clubface was this far open.