Morning Drive...What Happened?

DRRicks

What happened to Landon Dowdy? She was on MD all the time. Her last tweet and Instagram post were in Feb. 2018. Her LinkedIn still shows she's a reporter at CNBC but now they have others doing her check-in routine.

![](https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/935d04ffcf19375882eba19d84bed40e/5DDDFA3B/t51.2885-15/e35/12224286_1619714414960727_299147963_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com "")

Ping 410 LST. Diamana ZF (X)
Callaway Epic Flash Sub zero 3W. Diamana ZF (X)
Mizuno 3i Fli-Hi. KBS Graphite (X)
Honma 4-PW TW-X. Modus 120 (X)
Evnroll
Vokey SM7s. Modus 120 (X)
ProV1

> @Hou_Hater said:

> What happened to Landon Dowdy? She was on MD all the time. Her last tweet and Instagram post were in Feb. 2018. Her LinkedIn still shows she's a reporter at CNBC but now they have others doing her check-in routine.

> ![](https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/935d04ffcf19375882eba19d84bed40e/5DDDFA3B/t51.2885-15/e35/12224286_1619714414960727_299147963_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com "")

>

lol thats the chick that does my clubs upcoming event videos (bailey)

what does she do at GC? I dont have a subscription...

edit: just looked and shes married to chamblee! holy....almost 30 years her senior...

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

> @third-times-a-charm said:

> > @Hou_Hater said:

> > What happened to Landon Dowdy? She was on MD all the time. Her last tweet and Instagram post were in Feb. 2018. Her LinkedIn still shows she's a reporter at CNBC but now they have others doing her check-in routine.

> > ![](https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/935d04ffcf19375882eba19d84bed40e/5DDDFA3B/t51.2885-15/e35/12224286_1619714414960727_299147963_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com "")

> >

>

> lol thats the chick that does my clubs upcoming event videos (bailey)

>

> what does she do at GC? I dont have a subscription...

>

> edit: just looked and shes married to chamblee! holy....almost 30 years her senior...

She's a reporter for GC. Married Brandel. Don't actually see her much on the network.

Ping 410 LST. Diamana ZF (X)
Callaway Epic Flash Sub zero 3W. Diamana ZF (X)
Mizuno 3i Fli-Hi. KBS Graphite (X)
Honma 4-PW TW-X. Modus 120 (X)
Evnroll
Vokey SM7s. Modus 120 (X)
ProV1

> @Soloman1 said:

> Oh, I’m a capitalist through and through, but the PGA Tour is a tax-exempt non-profit and not a for-profit business.

Bingo.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

This question may have been asked but I haven’t read all the previous posts so I will ask anyway-why is Gary Williams no longer on the show during the week? I only see him on the weekend shows. Also, what is the show’s fascination with British hosts? First Cara, and now Anna. I have trouble understanding both of them.

• Like 1

> @"Young Tommy" said:

> This question may have been asked but I haven’t read all the previous posts so I will ask anyway-why is Gary Williams no longer on the show during the week? I only see him on the weekend shows. Also, what is the show’s fascination with British hosts? First Cara, and now Anna. I have trouble understanding both of them.

Seriously? Turn on closed captioning then. They are not difficult to understand.

Titleist TSi2 10*, Ventus Velo Red 6S
Cobra SZ Tour 5W, Oban Kiyoshi HB 75
Cobra F9 hybrid 19*, Atmos TS 6S

New Level NLU-01 Driving Iron, 21*, Mitsubishi MMT UT 105 TX
Srixon 585/785/Z-Forged, 4-PW, Aerotech SF 110X
TM MG2, 50*/8 and 56*/12, KBS High Rev 2.0 115
Cobra King MIM Wedge, 60*, KBS $-Taper 120

Logan Olson Timeless, 35 inches, SS 1.0 pistol. 

> @"Young Tommy" said:

> This question may have been asked but I haven’t read all the previous posts so I will ask anyway-why is Gary Williams no longer on the show during the week? I only see him on the weekend shows. Also, what is the show’s fascination with British hosts? First Cara, and now Anna. I have trouble understanding both of them.

They are very easy to understand. Also of the hosts they are some of the better ones the show has had.

> @"Young Tommy" said:

Can’t believe they let that Faldo guy on - get me?

So hard to understand.

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> I could see RDD with a good Scottish accent.

RDD is Appalachian american. You can’t cross that with anything. ( I am too). Once had a customer service guy in India say “ I’m sorry sir , I can’t understand your accent “. His was the thickest I’d ever heard too. Lol. I said “ I’m sorry , I realize I have a distinct accent, but ironically enough I’m having the same issue with yours. “ he laughed historically, and we both just slowed down a touch and worked through it. Funny how that works if both sides are willing.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Soloman1 said:

> OK, so the Morning Drive folks were talking about the long drive guy hitting a ball 342 yards from Canada to the US across the Niagara River. They were amazed, since it was so foggy and> @bladehunter said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > I could see RDD with a good Scottish accent.

>

> RDD is Appalachian american. You can’t cross that with anything. ( I am too). Once had a customer service guy in India say “ I’m sorry sir , I can’t understand your accent “. His was the thickest I’d ever heard too. Lol. I said “ I’m sorry , I realize I have a distinct accent, but ironically enough I’m having the same issue with yours. “ he laughed historically, and we both just slowed down a touch and worked through it. Funny how that works if both sides are willing.

First... love your post

Second... stupid autocorrect... should be “hysterically”

How to play golf.
Hit the ball.
Find the ball
Repeat until the ball is in the hole.
Have fun.
...Chuck Hogan

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @"Young Tommy" said:

> > This question may have been asked but I haven’t read all the previous posts so I will ask anyway-why is Gary Williams no longer on the show during the week? I only see him on the weekend shows. Also, what is the show’s fascination with British hosts? First Cara, and now Anna. I have trouble understanding both of them.

>

> They are very easy to understand. Also of the hosts they are some of the better ones the show has had.

I’m looking forward to Paige Mackenzie returning. She would push back with good views where warranted. Whitely seems fine, probably needs some more experience. Hack is good as a moderator, not so much with golf analysis.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Soloman1 said:

> > Oh, I’m a capitalist through and through, but the PGA Tour is a tax-exempt non-profit and not a for-profit business.

>

> Bingo.

Not sure if this is tongue in cheek but read the PGA Tour's annual report and then let me know if you still think they're a non-profit. Not only are they're salaries/bonuses outrageous but their retirement program is something we would all BEG to have.

Not only that , but 65% contribution of revenue back to society is considered normal for non-profit that pays no taxes at all. PGA Tour contribution is a pathetic 16%. I think the deputy assistant sub-manager of Twitter posting for the tour makes over a million per year...

Any other organization that low would be hounded by the press. The Tour, though, spends probably over $500,000 on lobbying Congress to keep the non-profit gold mine going. And their PR people massages the messages with incredible skill.

Remember that Finchem was a lawyer lobbyist by trade.

I think one tournament “charity hospital “ actually lost over $5 million one year! The Tour spun it as a win for them because of the publicity. Ha!

Bottom line is the Tour isn’t the altruistic entity it presents itself to be. Plenty of players have been extremely generous in their sponsorship of foundations and charitable organizations. The Tour itself is interested in doing as little as possible while blowing its PR horn as loud as possible.

There, that should make quite a few people here upset. They’ll be coming out of the woodwork, spouting the Tour PR of X dollars over Y years.

If you gave back only 16% as a tax exempt entity, and paid salaries and expenses in a similar structure, the IRS would pull your status. :)

• Like 1

bought out by private equity.

capitalization, grammar and reasoning slashed as a cost reduction.

> @"Young Tommy" said:

Since the outset Gary Williams has consistently been a voice worth listening to even when MD was struggling to find its identity, its pity he's rarely on. Yes there are several contributors I like but RDD is the dependable host as far as insightful/knowledgeable golf analysis goes.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

Maybe it’s just me but I turn the channel when Gary Williams is on. Something about his speaking manner and faux-seriousness that does it.

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @"Young Tommy" said:

> > This question may have been asked but I haven’t read all the previous posts so I will ask anyway-why is Gary Williams no longer on the show during the week? I only see him on the weekend shows. Also, what is the show’s fascination with British hosts? First Cara, and now Anna. I have trouble understanding both of them.

>

> Since the outset Gary Williams has consistently been a voice worth listening to even when MD was struggling to find its identity, its pity he's rarely on. Yes there are several contributors I like but RDD is the dependable host as far as insightful/knowledgeable golf analysis goes.

> @LICC said:

> Maybe it’s just me but I turn the channel when Gary Williams is on. Something about his speaking manner and faux-seriousness that does it.

>

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @"Young Tommy" said:

> > > This question may have been asked but I haven’t read all the previous posts so I will ask anyway-why is Gary Williams no longer on the show during the week? I only see him on the weekend shows. Also, what is the show’s fascination with British hosts? First Cara, and now Anna. I have trouble understanding both of them.

> >

> > Since the outset Gary Williams has consistently been a voice worth listening to even when MD was struggling to find its identity, its pity he's rarely on. Yes there are several contributors I like but RDD is the dependable host as far as insightful/knowledgeable golf analysis goes.

>

>

I find myself agreeing with this. Gary seems like a great guy, but he gets so shrill and when he attempts interviews his rambling on and on and on with his "question" which is usually just telling the other person all sorts of stuff gets old pretty quick. But, I don't have a voice for television or radio either, so who am I to talk, lol. Can't question his sincerity and love for the game and he always treats people with respect and handles the studio role well. But some of these things just aren't life or death, either. Pretty minor issues, I guess, overall.

Except for catching up on Yellowstone via computer while on vacation and the most recent episode night before last when got home, have not watched one second of television since August 7, enjoying music and elbow/knee recuperation this fine Saturday morning and ignoring texts from golf buddies because I can't play (at least I shouldn't).

Maybe catch MD Monday morning if the pup wants to watch. I know after a couple weeks of boarding he's missing his RDD!

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @LICC said:

> > Maybe it’s just me but I turn the channel when Gary Williams is on. Something about his speaking manner and faux-seriousness that does it.

> >

> > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > @"Young Tommy" said:

> > > > This question may have been asked but I haven’t read all the previous posts so I will ask anyway-why is Gary Williams no longer on the show during the week? I only see him on the weekend shows. Also, what is the show’s fascination with British hosts? First Cara, and now Anna. I have trouble understanding both of them.

> > >

> > > Since the outset Gary Williams has consistently been a voice worth listening to even when MD was struggling to find its identity, its pity he's rarely on. Yes there are several contributors I like but RDD is the dependable host as far as insightful/knowledgeable golf analysis goes.

> >

> >

>

> I find myself agreeing with this. Gary seems like a great guy, but he gets so shrill and when he attempts interviews his rambling on and on and on with his "question" which is usually just telling the other person all sorts of stuff gets old pretty quick. But, I don't have a voice for television or radio either, so who am I to talk, lol. Can't question his sincerity and love for the game and he always treats people with respect and handles the studio role well. But some of these things just aren't life or death, either. Pretty minor issues, I guess, overall.

>

> Except for catching up on Yellowstone via computer while on vacation and the most recent episode night before last when got home, have not watched one second of television since August 7, enjoying music and elbow/knee recuperation this fine Saturday morning and ignoring texts from golf buddies because I can't play (at least I shouldn't).

>

> Maybe catch MD Monday morning if the pup wants to watch. I know after a couple weeks of boarding he's missing his RDD!

Get better soon! You and Tiger can get back on the links injury free soon.

> @DRRicks said:

> I haven’t watched too frequently lately, but what used to be a fairly happy, multi-topical show is now a dour mess. Gary Williams tries to pull off this weird serious anchor role with minimal success. Charlie isn’t funny and has bd ecome less interesting over time. Paige is ok, but very LPGAcentric. Damon Hack is actually punchable. What the **** happened to this show? Is it just because of NBC’s involvement?

I watched Stuart Applebee this morning and was very entertained by his knowledge, Humor and delivery. More of this guy would be a welcomed asset and a great addition to the show. Stuart had a good take on slow play today, he said that the issue is a gray area and definitely not cut and dry.

>

> Since the outset Gary Williams has consistently been a voice worth listening to even when MD was struggling to find its identity, its pity he's rarely on. Yes there are several contributors I like but RDD is the dependable host as far as insightful/knowledgeable golf analysis goes.

I would agree that Gary Williams is the better host for the show but something happened and he has been pushed back to weekendds only (anyone know?). Anna is pretty good but Damon is pretty bad. And the other contributors are hit or miss. Paige is fair, RDD is good, Cook is good, Matt G is good, but some others aren't really interesting. There doesn't seem to be any rythym to the show or regular spots that would keep you interested. They really need to re-evaulate and make it more interesting with news, lessons, off beat stuff sections.

> @jimb6golf said:

> > > This question may have been asked but I haven’t read all the previous posts so I will ask anyway-why is Gary Williams no longer on the show during the week? I only see him on the weekend shows. Also, what is the show’s fascination with British hosts? First Cara, and now Anna. I have trouble understanding both of them.

> >

> > Since the outset Gary Williams has consistently been a voice worth listening to even when MD was struggling to find its identity, its pity he's rarely on. Yes there are several contributors I like but RDD is the dependable host as far as insightful/knowledgeable golf analysis goes.

>

> I would agree that Gary Williams is the better host for the show but something happened and he has been pushed back to weekendds only (anyone know?). Anna is pretty good but Damon is pretty bad. And the other contributors are hit or miss. Paige is fair, RDD is good, Cook is good, Matt G is good, but some others aren't really interesting. There doesn't seem to be any rythym to the show or regular spots that would keep you interested. They really need to re-evaulate and make it more interesting with news, lessons, off beat stuff sections.

Anna has been pretty boring so far. Give me Damon over Williams any day. Cara, Ginella, Damron, and Paige all do a good job.

• 1 year later...

I can’t make sense of this soap opera if I don’t know who RDD is!

Who is RDD?

PING G430 max 9° Ventus black 6x 
PING  G430 max 15º Ventus blue 7x

PING  G430 19º Ventus blue HB 9x

PING i230 4-AW PX 6.0

Vokey SM7 56.10° DGS400

Vokey SM7 60.04° DGS400

PING Ketsch 

"I still wear full spikes so people know when I show up to the course, I am there to ball out."-Bigmean

/thread

Taylormade Qi10 9*, GD AD-VF 6X
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade P790 4i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"