> @J13 said:

> > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > @FootWedge16 said:

> > > > > > > @padget said:

> > > > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > > I'm hoping the Korn Ferry Tour turns into the Purple Haze Indica Tour next

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Well that would separate the pack lol. A couple guys “in the zone” and everyone else spraying it everywhere and asking if anyone has any snacks.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Golf is surprisingly easy to play while high. Helped me with my tempo back when I used to partake when I was younger.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's inevitable. Within 10 years a chain of dispensaries will sponsor a tour event in some sport, in a state where it is legal, which may be most of them soon.

> > > >

> > > > Until it's federally legal, I don't see that happening. Even then, especially given the stance that has been taken on tobacco companies, it's very, very unlikely to happen. .

> > >

> > >

> > > I don’t disagree but it’s a much safer and less physically damaging substance than alcohol. Alcohol through clever lobbying and marketing has maintained a clean image for sports events especially since they all make a fortune on beer sales at events.

> > >

> > > Funny story I was at a winery for an event and had a guy tell me that cannabis is a gateway drug and horrible for people. Meanwhile he was on his 5th glass of wine haha. There are some real special morons out there

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I'm certainly not going to disagree with anything you said, just more going off of what the tobacco industry has faced with professional sports and see that as something that will likely be what is going to be faced by the marijuana industry even after becoming federally legal.

>

> You are probably right. Im in the medical world and there are various medications that are prescribed by inhaling a smoke or vapor. Funny how the general public reacts to something because it's "smoked". For thousands of years that was one of the main ways humans ingested medicines and treatments now (thanks to big tobacco) it's taboo haha.

>

> Although i have to think that if Cannabis was sold instead of alcohol at PGA Tour events you would have a lot less people yelling things in players swings haha. :smiley:

I don’t know anyone who reacts negatively to weed because it’s smoked.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @CCTxGolf said:

> Someone reps their own vineyard on their bag? Can’t remember who... maybe Louis O. For some reason I’m thinking South Africa .

Goosen reps his own wine on his bag

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Ventus Black 8-X

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

> @JohnnyCashForever said:

> Back in the day...The Michelob Championship at Kings Mill

>

> 2sijk9sc4m60.png

>

> And now a gratuitous pic of the Merry Mex as Pancho Villa. Good luck getting this pic past an editor today!

>

>

> p3z6susiyppe.png

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Oh my gosh, the SJWs and Twitter would go nuts if a photo like that were released today.

• Haha 1

won't be log before we see adds for these two and their adventure ...

_SPECIAL REPORT: Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods's New Startup Quietly Unveils Their 100% Legal CBD Miracle Oil and Big Pharma is Furious_

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

> @mocokid said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > Roger Maltbie with Michelob.

> >

> > ofnvnh0ezjm2.jpg

> >

>

> Maltbie probably flattened a couple of cans or more after a round, lots of players had the Michelob logo hat/cap/visor.

Roger enjoyed himself in his playing days. Recall reading that at one time Michelob had nearly 20 players on the PGA/LPGA Tours wearing their logo.

• 2 years later...

Holy thread revival batman!!

Thinking about it though, I come and go when it comes to whether advertising alcohol creates an issue or not.

Growing up, I was used to watching all manner of sports which were sponsored by alcohol or cigarettes companies. Now in the UK at least it seems that all of those have now been replaced by gambling adverts. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, my wife jokes that when I buy a twelve pack of beer that I will buy the next pack when I have to throw the previous one out for it going out of date and the only time I ever but a bet on is when The Masters and The Open are on.

It’s strange where we draw our lines when it comes to morals and what is right and wrong. Two minutes of adverts encouraging viewers to throw money down the drain on a betting website is OK so long as they include something about gambling awareness but two minutes of beer adverts would be a no no. 

• Like 3

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

On 8/13/2019 at 6:57 AM, J13 said:

> @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > @FootWedge16 said:

> > > > > > @padget said:

> > > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > I'm hoping the Korn Ferry Tour turns into the Purple Haze Indica Tour next

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well that would separate the pack lol. A couple guys “in the zone” and everyone else spraying it everywhere and asking if anyone has any snacks.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Golf is surprisingly easy to play while high. Helped me with my tempo back when I used to partake when I was younger.

> > > >

> > > > It's inevitable. Within 10 years a chain of dispensaries will sponsor a tour event in some sport, in a state where it is legal, which may be most of them soon.

> > >

> > > Until it's federally legal, I don't see that happening. Even then, especially given the stance that has been taken on tobacco companies, it's very, very unlikely to happen. .

> >

> >

> > I don’t disagree but it’s a much safer and less physically damaging substance than alcohol. Alcohol through clever lobbying and marketing has maintained a clean image for sports events especially since they all make a fortune on beer sales at events.

> >

> > Funny story I was at a winery for an event and had a guy tell me that cannabis is a gateway drug and horrible for people. Meanwhile he was on his 5th glass of wine haha. There are some real special morons out there

> >

> >

>

> I'm certainly not going to disagree with anything you said, just more going off of what the tobacco industry has faced with professional sports and see that as something that will likely be what is going to be faced by the marijuana industry even after becoming federally legal.

You are probably right. Im in the medical world and there are various medications that are prescribed by inhaling a smoke or vapor. Funny how the general public reacts to something because it's "smoked". For thousands of years that was one of the main ways humans ingested medicines and treatments now (thanks to big tobacco) it's taboo haha.

Although i have to think that if Cannabis was sold instead of alcohol at PGA Tour events you would have a lot less people yelling things in players swings haha. 😃

If we’re gonna revive this thread then let’s revive it!  Although I didn’t see it being sold by vendors, the smell of weed was prevalent at the Phoenix Open. 

16 minutes ago, golfandfishing said:

If we’re gonna revive this thread then let’s revive it!  Although I didn’t see it being sold by vendors, the smell of weed was prevalent at the Phoenix Open. 

Ya, weed is the new booze.

Was in DC this weekend and I had thought people were cavalier about smokin doobies in NY.

But DC was nuts. From walking the halls of the hotel, to the streets around institutions of government, and all around the National Mall and all the Museums! I got contact stoned just walking around 🤣

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Ya, weed is the new booze.

Was in DC this weekend and I had thought people were cavalier about smokin doobies in NY.

But DC was nuts. From walking the halls of the hotel, to the streets around institutions of government, and all around the National Mall and all the Museums! I got contact stoned just walking around 🤣

Yup. It didn’t do anything to keep the crowd from screaming obviously. Turns out that stupid people don’t become less stupid when high. No matter the intoxicant, if someone is prone to being loud they are gonna get loud as soon as that guard goes down. 

12 minutes ago, golfandfishing said:

Yup. It didn’t do anything to keep the crowd from screaming obviously. Turns out that stupid people don’t become less stupid when high. No matter the intoxicant, if someone is prone to being loud they are gonna get loud as soon as that guard goes down. 

At least with weed they are generally stupid but happy

As opposed to that “angry drunk” people tend to get. 

Be funny if all the people at the 16th hole at the WM were  just stoned and no beer.

Even on bad shots they be like,

Yayyyyyyy!

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2019 at 3:57 PM, J13 said:

> @MidwestGolfBum said:

I don’t disagree but it’s a much safer and less physically damaging substance than alcohol.

The reality is that compared to alcohol and especially tobacco there is very little credible research available on the full range of potential harms, since weed has been illegal until recently in most places. There has been no tax/lawsuit settlement pot of gold to fund studies, whereas anti-tobacco money is everywhere. Just from a logical POV since both tobacco and weed are typically smoked by the user one would expect some degree of similarity in the effect on the respiratory system, but there are few such results out there that are trustworthy.

All that said, didn't Bubba, P. Reed and maybe even Phil display CBD product logos for a while? Even if that isn't administered by smoking it would appear to violate the Tour policy provisions posted above.

1 hour ago, Greg_B said:

The reality is that compared to alcohol and especially tobacco there is very little credible research available on the full range of potential harms, since weed has been illegal until recently in most places. There has been no tax/lawsuit settlement pot of gold to fund studies, whereas anti-tobacco money is everywhere. Just from a logical POV since both tobacco and weed are typically smoked by the user one would expect some degree of similarity in the effect on the respiratory system, but there are few such results out there that are trustworthy.

All that said, didn't Bubba, P. Reed and maybe even Phil display CBD product logos for a while? Even if that isn't administered by smoking it would appear to violate the Tour policy provisions posted above.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say smoking three packs of cigarettes a day for 30 years affects the respiratory system in a much different way than randomly hitting a joint throughout the day.  Chronic "heads" maybe not so much.  🥳 

What we learned about the tobacco industry is when they had to release their own scientific studies that showed they genetically altered their tobacco plants to increase nicotine levels, which increased addiction, and they also added other chemical compounds to their cigarettes to increase addiction.  "As Phillip Morris Principal Scientist W.L. Dunn said in 1972, “No one has ever become a cigarette smoker by smoking cigarettes without nicotine.”  https://truthinitiative.org/research-resources/harmful-effects-tobacco/how-big-tobacco-made-cigarettes-more-addictive

As for CBD, it's totally different than THC and typically lacks psychoactive effects.  There is a legal distinction between hemp and marijuana and "The FDA approves the use and distribution of CBD products with less than 0.3% THC."  https://www.healthcanal.com/is-cbd-legal-state

It will be hilarious when 10 years from now we all realize the most accurate movie at predicting the future was Demolition Man

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

1 hour ago, oikos1 said:

What we learned about the tobacco industry is when they had to release their own scientific studies that showed they genetically altered their tobacco plants to increase nicotine levels, which increased addiction, and they also added other chemical compounds to their cigarettes to increase addiction.  "As Phillip Morris Principal Scientist W.L. Dunn said in 1972, “No one has ever become a cigarette smoker by smoking cigarettes without nicotine.”  https://truthinitiative.org/research-resources/harmful-effects-tobacco/how-big-tobacco-made-cigarettes-more-addictive

As for CBD, it's totally different than THC and typically lacks psychoactive effects.  There is a legal distinction between hemp and marijuana and "The FDA approves the use and distribution of CBD products with less than 0.3% THC."  https://www.healthcanal.com/is-cbd-legal-state

Comparisons with the behavior of the tobacco industry are non sequitur although I do note with interest that weed growers have altered plant characteristics as well over the last decade or two to produce much higher THC content, so really not that much different. A schoolkid today getting high for the first time is dealing with a much different experience than one in the '70s.

My CBD comment was in connection with the Tour's policy directive, not the FDA.

5 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

Comparisons with the behavior of the tobacco industry are non sequitur although I do note with interest that weed growers have altered plant characteristics as well over the last decade or two to produce much higher THC content, so really not that much different. A schoolkid today getting high for the first time is dealing with a much different experience than one in the '70s.

My CBD comment was in connection with the Tour's policy directive, not the FDA.

CBD, THC and nicotine are all totally different chemical properties.  Too say "really not that much different" is an uneducated position.  I'll leave it at that.

4 hours ago, oikos1 said:

CBD, THC and nicotine are all totally different chemical properties.  Too say "really not that much different" is an uneducated position.  I'll leave it at that.

Leave CBD out of it as I only referenced IRT PGA Tour policy statements.  THC is the reason most weed users use the substance, and nicotine is the reason most people smoke cigarettes.  They are very comparable in the context of this discussion, unless someone is being obtuse. 

TA III carried a Casamigo Tequila bag before Clooney and Gerber sold it for $$$$$...I think Cristie Kerr touts her own winery Kerr Cellars on her bag...Faldo has a winery , Frost wears  his wine brand on his hat, Norman has his wine brand, so does Goosen, and I think Duffy Waldorf had his hand in the wine business

there are a couple of pros touting CBD products and if MJ ever gets legalized nationwide the marketing floodgates may open with it

Fun fact: the US is one of only two countries where it's legal to advertise prescription medications on television. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

19 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

It will be hilarious when 10 years from now we all realize the most accurate movie at predicting the future was Demolition Man

I think about this all the time in regards to advertisements drilling their jingles into your head, and the "brands" fighting on twitter. I wish there was somewhere for me to put money down on Taco Bell winning the franchise wars!