Does any fan really care who wins the Fedex Cup?

manku

> @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > @Bad9 said:

> > > @nichho said:

> > > It seems that on WRX there can only be two schools, for or against. But I'm willing to bet that the vast majority are taking the middle ground.

> > >

> > > There are two tremendous tournaments taking place, The Northern Trust and The BMW, both have stellar fields and both have superb venues (Liberty for the views if nothing else). These two events can be taken in isolation and enjoyed for what they are, top class golf tournaments.

> > >

> > > The Tour Championship is slightly different in that while it will be a stellar field it is an extremely limited one, but the quality of the golf should in theory be significantly higher. Quality of courses is a subjective matter and East Lake doesn't particularly float my boat, but it will not detract from the quality of the golf.

> > >

> > > Which leads me to the Fed-Ex Cup. While I will watch all of the golf I will have zero interest in the standings or the outcome of the Fed-Ex Cup. I noticed the changes in position up on the screen during this weeks broadcast but I didn't register them . I know that the final is handicapped and I know that there are 10 shots involved but I don't know how they will be applied, it may become unintentionally apparent during the TC. The fact is I'm just not engaged with the outcome of something that I don't find particularly relevant.

> > >

> > > So in a nutshell, a person can just enjoy the golf, enjoy both that and the supplementary competition that is the FX Cup or if none of this is doing anything for you why not go out and enjoy a round, next April is only 8 months away.

> >

> > This pretty much nailed how I feel, even though I watch very little of pro golf in general. The tournaments themselves are great with great fields but the whole faux drama over who wins the FC is ridiculous and many of us could care less about.

>

> Correct, and that's kind of what has been said in this thread a few times. The actual winner of the, now, $15M doesn't really matter, but watching a bunch of the top guys on tour play for 3 weeks, does.

Looks like you get it!!

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > > @Bad9 said:

> > > > @nichho said:

> > > > It seems that on WRX there can only be two schools, for or against. But I'm willing to bet that the vast majority are taking the middle ground.

> > > >

> > > > There are two tremendous tournaments taking place, The Northern Trust and The BMW, both have stellar fields and both have superb venues (Liberty for the views if nothing else). These two events can be taken in isolation and enjoyed for what they are, top class golf tournaments.

> > > >

> > > > The Tour Championship is slightly different in that while it will be a stellar field it is an extremely limited one, but the quality of the golf should in theory be significantly higher. Quality of courses is a subjective matter and East Lake doesn't particularly float my boat, but it will not detract from the quality of the golf.

> > > >

> > > > Which leads me to the Fed-Ex Cup. While I will watch all of the golf I will have zero interest in the standings or the outcome of the Fed-Ex Cup. I noticed the changes in position up on the screen during this weeks broadcast but I didn't register them . I know that the final is handicapped and I know that there are 10 shots involved but I don't know how they will be applied, it may become unintentionally apparent during the TC. The fact is I'm just not engaged with the outcome of something that I don't find particularly relevant.

> > > >

> > > > So in a nutshell, a person can just enjoy the golf, enjoy both that and the supplementary competition that is the FX Cup or if none of this is doing anything for you why not go out and enjoy a round, next April is only 8 months away.

> > >

> > > This pretty much nailed how I feel, even though I watch very little of pro golf in general. The tournaments themselves are great with great fields but the whole faux drama over who wins the FC is ridiculous and many of us could care less about.

> >

> > Correct, and that's kind of what has been said in this thread a few times. The actual winner of the, now, $15M doesn't really matter, but watching a bunch of the top guys on tour play for 3 weeks, does.

>

> Looks like you get it!!

Whoever wins the Tour Championship wins the Fedex Cup. So if you are interested in the tournament and who wins it, then by default you are interested in who wins the Fedex Cup.

> @LICC said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > > > @Bad9 said:

> > > > > @nichho said:

> > > > > It seems that on WRX there can only be two schools, for or against. But I'm willing to bet that the vast majority are taking the middle ground.

> > > > >

> > > > > There are two tremendous tournaments taking place, The Northern Trust and The BMW, both have stellar fields and both have superb venues (Liberty for the views if nothing else). These two events can be taken in isolation and enjoyed for what they are, top class golf tournaments.

> > > > >

> > > > > The Tour Championship is slightly different in that while it will be a stellar field it is an extremely limited one, but the quality of the golf should in theory be significantly higher. Quality of courses is a subjective matter and East Lake doesn't particularly float my boat, but it will not detract from the quality of the golf.

> > > > >

> > > > > Which leads me to the Fed-Ex Cup. While I will watch all of the golf I will have zero interest in the standings or the outcome of the Fed-Ex Cup. I noticed the changes in position up on the screen during this weeks broadcast but I didn't register them . I know that the final is handicapped and I know that there are 10 shots involved but I don't know how they will be applied, it may become unintentionally apparent during the TC. The fact is I'm just not engaged with the outcome of something that I don't find particularly relevant.

> > > > >

> > > > > So in a nutshell, a person can just enjoy the golf, enjoy both that and the supplementary competition that is the FX Cup or if none of this is doing anything for you why not go out and enjoy a round, next April is only 8 months away.

> > > >

> > > > This pretty much nailed how I feel, even though I watch very little of pro golf in general. The tournaments themselves are great with great fields but the whole faux drama over who wins the FC is ridiculous and many of us could care less about.

> > >

> > > Correct, and that's kind of what has been said in this thread a few times. The actual winner of the, now, $15M doesn't really matter, but watching a bunch of the top guys on tour play for 3 weeks, does.

> >

> > Looks like you get it!!

>

> Whoever wins the Tour Championship wins the Fedex Cup. So if you are interested in the tournament and who wins it, then by default you are interested in who wins the Fedex Cup.

I can actually care who is playing well in the Northern Trust, BMW and Tour Championship without caring a single iota about the bonus check that they get based on how they finish.

• Like 1

> @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > > > > @Bad9 said:

> > > > > > @nichho said:

> > > > > > It seems that on WRX there can only be two schools, for or against. But I'm willing to bet that the vast majority are taking the middle ground.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There are two tremendous tournaments taking place, The Northern Trust and The BMW, both have stellar fields and both have superb venues (Liberty for the views if nothing else). These two events can be taken in isolation and enjoyed for what they are, top class golf tournaments.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The Tour Championship is slightly different in that while it will be a stellar field it is an extremely limited one, but the quality of the golf should in theory be significantly higher. Quality of courses is a subjective matter and East Lake doesn't particularly float my boat, but it will not detract from the quality of the golf.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Which leads me to the Fed-Ex Cup. While I will watch all of the golf I will have zero interest in the standings or the outcome of the Fed-Ex Cup. I noticed the changes in position up on the screen during this weeks broadcast but I didn't register them . I know that the final is handicapped and I know that there are 10 shots involved but I don't know how they will be applied, it may become unintentionally apparent during the TC. The fact is I'm just not engaged with the outcome of something that I don't find particularly relevant.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So in a nutshell, a person can just enjoy the golf, enjoy both that and the supplementary competition that is the FX Cup or if none of this is doing anything for you why not go out and enjoy a round, next April is only 8 months away.

> > > > >

> > > > > This pretty much nailed how I feel, even though I watch very little of pro golf in general. The tournaments themselves are great with great fields but the whole faux drama over who wins the FC is ridiculous and many of us could care less about.

> > > >

> > > > Correct, and that's kind of what has been said in this thread a few times. The actual winner of the, now, $15M doesn't really matter, but watching a bunch of the top guys on tour play for 3 weeks, does.

> > >

> > > Looks like you get it!!

> >

> > Whoever wins the Tour Championship wins the Fedex Cup. So if you are interested in the tournament and who wins it, then by default you are interested in who wins the Fedex Cup.

>

> I can actually care who is playing well in the Northern Trust, BMW and Tour Championship without caring a single iota about the bonus check that they get based on how they finish.

What fans ever care about the dollar amount of winnings any golfers get for any tournament?

> @LICC said:

> > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > > > > > @Bad9 said:

> > > > > > > @nichho said:

> > > > > > > It seems that on WRX there can only be two schools, for or against. But I'm willing to bet that the vast majority are taking the middle ground.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There are two tremendous tournaments taking place, The Northern Trust and The BMW, both have stellar fields and both have superb venues (Liberty for the views if nothing else). These two events can be taken in isolation and enjoyed for what they are, top class golf tournaments.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The Tour Championship is slightly different in that while it will be a stellar field it is an extremely limited one, but the quality of the golf should in theory be significantly higher. Quality of courses is a subjective matter and East Lake doesn't particularly float my boat, but it will not detract from the quality of the golf.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Which leads me to the Fed-Ex Cup. While I will watch all of the golf I will have zero interest in the standings or the outcome of the Fed-Ex Cup. I noticed the changes in position up on the screen during this weeks broadcast but I didn't register them . I know that the final is handicapped and I know that there are 10 shots involved but I don't know how they will be applied, it may become unintentionally apparent during the TC. The fact is I'm just not engaged with the outcome of something that I don't find particularly relevant.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So in a nutshell, a person can just enjoy the golf, enjoy both that and the supplementary competition that is the FX Cup or if none of this is doing anything for you why not go out and enjoy a round, next April is only 8 months away.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This pretty much nailed how I feel, even though I watch very little of pro golf in general. The tournaments themselves are great with great fields but the whole faux drama over who wins the FC is ridiculous and many of us could care less about.

> > > > >

> > > > > Correct, and that's kind of what has been said in this thread a few times. The actual winner of the, now, $15M doesn't really matter, but watching a bunch of the top guys on tour play for 3 weeks, does.

> > > >

> > > > Looks like you get it!!

> > >

> > > Whoever wins the Tour Championship wins the Fedex Cup. So if you are interested in the tournament and who wins it, then by default you are interested in who wins the Fedex Cup.

> >

> > I can actually care who is playing well in the Northern Trust, BMW and Tour Championship without caring a single iota about the bonus check that they get based on how they finish.

>

> What fans ever care about the dollar amount of winnings any golfers get for any tournament?

You made the statement that I am, by default, interested in who wins the FedEx Cup based on my interest in who wins the tournament. I am telling you that, that isn't true. A win of the TC means you won a tournament, which there is going to be some money attached to, if that also means you get some other bonus money too, I don't care, was more of my point.

Fans just want to watch the best golfers in the world compete. If a huge purse is required to get that talent there, then so be it. As for the money, fans don't really care. Unless you know it's somebody whose potentially going to be out of a job the next year if he doesn't make the putt, it really doesn't matter. A lot of the guys with a good chance to win it are already flying around in private jets.

> @LICC said:

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > Really soft TV ratings last week. Thus far not as interesting as some would promote.

>

> Stop trolling with wrong information:

> "Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6"

Please stop with the empty accusations.... You've been reported.

But back to facts:

Final round coverage of The Northern Trust, the first event in the PGA Tour FedEx Cup playoffs, averaged a 1.7 rating and 2.54 million viewers on CBS Sunday afternoon — down 11% in ratings and 7% in viewership from last year (1.9, 2.75M) and down 19% in both measures from 2017 (2.1, 3.14M). Prior to this year, the tournament took place later in August.

The 1.7 rating is tied as the lowest for final round coverage of the tournament since 2005 (1.3). That excludes 2011, when the round was canceled due to Hurricane Irene.

Third round coverage on Saturday had a 1.4 (flat) and 1.97 million (-4%), marking the lowest rated and least-watched third round since 2016 (1.3, 1.83M). Lead-in coverage on Golf Channel had a 0.50 (-14%) and 707,000 (-16%) on Saturday and a 0.46 (-30%) and 678,000 (-29%) on Sunday.

• Like 1

The FedEx cup is just a big corporate money-grab sponsorship. You know it's a flawed system when a guy could win 20 pre-playoff events on Tour, enter the FedEx Cup Playoffs, and not walk away with the $15M grand prize because of the higher points and bracket restructuring. Didn't they say that basically whoever wins the Tour Championship wins the entire thing now?

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > Really soft TV ratings last week. Thus far not as interesting as some would promote.

> >

> > Stop trolling with wrong information:

> > "Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6"

>

> Please stop with the empty accusations.... You've been reported.

> But back to facts:

> Final round coverage of The Northern Trust, the first event in the PGA Tour FedEx Cup playoffs, averaged a 1.7 rating and 2.54 million viewers on CBS Sunday afternoon — down 11% in ratings and 7% in viewership from last year (1.9, 2.75M) and down 19% in both measures from 2017 (2.1, 3.14M). Prior to this year, the tournament took place later in August.

>

> The 1.7 rating is tied as the lowest for final round coverage of the tournament since 2005 (1.3). That excludes 2011, when the round was canceled due to Hurricane Irene.

>

> Third round coverage on Saturday had a 1.4 (flat) and 1.97 million (-4%), marking the lowest rated and least-watched third round since 2016 (1.3, 1.83M). Lead-in coverage on Golf Channel had a 0.50 (-14%) and 707,000 (-16%) on Saturday and a 0.46 (-30%) and 678,000 (-29%) on Sunday.

"Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6"

> @LICC said:

> > Really soft TV ratings last week. Thus far not as interesting as some would promote.

>

> Stop trolling with wrong information:

> "Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6"

You are quoting Austin Karp's figures from the Nielsen overnights from an article on August 12. I assume you read a piece at Geoff Shackleford's site.

Mr. Karp's headline on August 14 at the Sports Business Journal when all the data is in is "Northern Trust Down."

All of his articles are behind a paywall, the figures from the Sports Market Watch (quoted above by BlackDiamondPar5) are found here.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/nfl-preseason-ratings-us-gymnastics-biles-fedex-cup/

• Like 1

> > @LICC said:

> > > Really soft TV ratings last week. Thus far not as interesting as some would promote.

> >

> > "Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6"

>

> Please stop with the empty accusations.... You've been reported.

> But back to facts:

> Final round coverage of The Northern Trust, the first event in the PGA Tour FedEx Cup playoffs, averaged a 1.7 rating and 2.54 million viewers on CBS Sunday afternoon — down 11% in ratings and 7% in viewership from last year (1.9, 2.75M) and down 19% in both measures from 2017 (2.1, 3.14M). Prior to this year, the tournament took place later in August.

>

> The 1.7 rating is tied as the lowest for final round coverage of the tournament since 2005 (1.3). That excludes 2011, when the round was canceled due to Hurricane Irene.

>

> Third round coverage on Saturday had a 1.4 (flat) and 1.97 million (-4%), marking the lowest rated and least-watched third round since 2016 (1.3, 1.83M). Lead-in coverage on Golf Channel had a 0.50 (-14%) and 707,000 (-16%) on Saturday and a 0.46 (-30%) and 678,000 (-29%) on Sunday.

Flagging my post for what? Because I asked you to stop harassing me and others and you've been reported? Because more recent facts from sports media watch don't agree with your outdated quote?

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > Really soft TV ratings last week. Thus far not as interesting as some would promote.

> > >

> > > Stop trolling with wrong information:

> > > "Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6"

> >

> > Please stop with the empty accusations.... You've been reported.

> > But back to facts:

> > Final round coverage of The Northern Trust, the first event in the PGA Tour FedEx Cup playoffs, averaged a 1.7 rating and 2.54 million viewers on CBS Sunday afternoon — down 11% in ratings and 7% in viewership from last year (1.9, 2.75M) and down 19% in both measures from 2017 (2.1, 3.14M). Prior to this year, the tournament took place later in August.

> >

> > The 1.7 rating is tied as the lowest for final round coverage of the tournament since 2005 (1.3). That excludes 2011, when the round was canceled due to Hurricane Irene.

> >

> > Third round coverage on Saturday had a 1.4 (flat) and 1.97 million (-4%), marking the lowest rated and least-watched third round since 2016 (1.3, 1.83M). Lead-in coverage on Golf Channel had a 0.50 (-14%) and 707,000 (-16%) on Saturday and a 0.46 (-30%) and 678,000 (-29%) on Sunday.

>

> Flagging my post for what? Because I asked you to stop harassing me and others and you've been reported? Because more recent facts from sports media watch don't agree with your outdated quote?

Guys got to be the President of Fed-Ex, or his lacky.

Mizuno ST-X 220 10.5 Aldila Ascent Stiff

Mizuno ST230 16*  UST LINQ

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #4 20* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #5 22.5* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno MP 5 5- PW TTDG 95 stiff

Mizuno T22 50 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno T22 56 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno M Craft OMOI #1

> @LICC said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > > > @Bad9 said:

> > > > > @nichho said:

> > > > > It seems that on WRX there can only be two schools, for or against. But I'm willing to bet that the vast majority are taking the middle ground.

> > > > >

> > > > > There are two tremendous tournaments taking place, The Northern Trust and The BMW, both have stellar fields and both have superb venues (Liberty for the views if nothing else). These two events can be taken in isolation and enjoyed for what they are, top class golf tournaments.

> > > > >

> > > > > The Tour Championship is slightly different in that while it will be a stellar field it is an extremely limited one, but the quality of the golf should in theory be significantly higher. Quality of courses is a subjective matter and East Lake doesn't particularly float my boat, but it will not detract from the quality of the golf.

> > > > >

> > > > > Which leads me to the Fed-Ex Cup. While I will watch all of the golf I will have zero interest in the standings or the outcome of the Fed-Ex Cup. I noticed the changes in position up on the screen during this weeks broadcast but I didn't register them . I know that the final is handicapped and I know that there are 10 shots involved but I don't know how they will be applied, it may become unintentionally apparent during the TC. The fact is I'm just not engaged with the outcome of something that I don't find particularly relevant.

> > > > >

> > > > > So in a nutshell, a person can just enjoy the golf, enjoy both that and the supplementary competition that is the FX Cup or if none of this is doing anything for you why not go out and enjoy a round, next April is only 8 months away.

> > > >

> > > > This pretty much nailed how I feel, even though I watch very little of pro golf in general. The tournaments themselves are great with great fields but the whole faux drama over who wins the FC is ridiculous and many of us could care less about.

> > >

> > > Correct, and that's kind of what has been said in this thread a few times. The actual winner of the, now, $15M doesn't really matter, but watching a bunch of the top guys on tour play for 3 weeks, does.

> >

> > Looks like you get it!!

>

> Whoever wins the Tour Championship wins the Fedex Cup. So if you are interested in the tournament and who wins it, then by default you are interested in who wins the Fedex Cup.

If nohin> @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > > > > @Bad9 said:

> > > > > > @nichho said:

> > > > > > It seems that on WRX there can only be two schools, for or against. But I'm willing to bet that the vast majority are taking the middle ground.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There are two tremendous tournaments taking place, The Northern Trust and The BMW, both have stellar fields and both have superb venues (Liberty for the views if nothing else). These two events can be taken in isolation and enjoyed for what they are, top class golf tournaments.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The Tour Championship is slightly different in that while it will be a stellar field it is an extremely limited one, but the quality of the golf should in theory be significantly higher. Quality of courses is a subjective matter and East Lake doesn't particularly float my boat, but it will not detract from the quality of the golf.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Which leads me to the Fed-Ex Cup. While I will watch all of the golf I will have zero interest in the standings or the outcome of the Fed-Ex Cup. I noticed the changes in position up on the screen during this weeks broadcast but I didn't register them . I know that the final is handicapped and I know that there are 10 shots involved but I don't know how they will be applied, it may become unintentionally apparent during the TC. The fact is I'm just not engaged with the outcome of something that I don't find particularly relevant.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So in a nutshell, a person can just enjoy the golf, enjoy both that and the supplementary competition that is the FX Cup or if none of this is doing anything for you why not go out and enjoy a round, next April is only 8 months away.

> > > > >

> > > > > This pretty much nailed how I feel, even though I watch very little of pro golf in general. The tournaments themselves are great with great fields but the whole faux drama over who wins the FC is ridiculous and many of us could care less about.

> > > >

> > > > Correct, and that's kind of what has been said in this thread a few times. The actual winner of the, now, $15M doesn't really matter, but watching a bunch of the top guys on tour play for 3 weeks, does.

> > >

> > > Looks like you get it!!

> >

> > Whoever wins the Tour Championship wins the Fedex Cup. So if you are interested in the tournament and who wins it, then by default you are interested in who wins the Fedex Cup.

>

> I can actually care who is playing well in the Northern Trust, BMW and Tour Championship without caring a single iota about the bonus check that they get based on how they finish.

And I dn't cae> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> The FedEx cup is just a big corporate money-grab sponsorship. You know it's a flawed system when a guy could win 20 pre-playoff events on Tour, enter the FedEx Cup Playoffs, and not walk away with the $15M grand prize because of the higher points and bracket restructuring. Didn't they say that basically whoever wins the Tour Championship wins the entire thing now?

Pre-Playoff events just gets you there, it doesn't necessarily guarantee you anything.....I remember the Patriots winning 16 regular season games and losing the Super Bowl.....LOL!

> @Titleist99 said:

> Pre-Playoff events just gets you there, it doesn't necessarily guarantee you anything.....I remember the Patriots winning 16 regular season games and losing the Super Bowl.....LOL!

And to me that's the beauty of real playoffs where regular season results don't mean anything(other than perhaps a first round bye). Get in and win, no points carryover, getting strokes, etc. Round 1-top 125 points earners get in. Round 2-top 75 finishers in round 1 tournament. Round 3 TC-top 30 finishers from round 2 tournament. Winner of TC wins it all.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Bad9 said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > Pre-Playoff events just gets you there, it doesn't necessarily guarantee you anything.....I remember the Patriots winning 16 regular season games and losing the Super Bowl.....LOL!

>

> And to me that's the beauty of real playoffs where regular season results don't mean anything(other than perhaps a first round bye). Get in and win, no points carryover, getting strokes, etc. Round 1-top 125 points earners get in. Round 2-top 75 finishers in round 1 tournament. Round 3 TC-top 30 finishers from round 2 tournament. Winner of TC wins it all.

You have to remember though, golf is not a team sports so it has to be tailored to individuals. It also has to be interesting enough so average fans takes notice and it has to be structured so the gambling public can wager their hard earned cash....and that is the most important thing! …..

> @Bad9 said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > Pre-Playoff events just gets you there, it doesn't necessarily guarantee you anything.....I remember the Patriots winning 16 regular season games and losing the Super Bowl.....LOL!

>

> And to me that's the beauty of real playoffs where regular season results don't mean anything(other than perhaps a first round bye). Get in and win, no points carryover, getting strokes, etc. Round 1-top 125 points earners get in. Round 2-top 75 finishers in round 1 tournament. Round 3 TC-top 30 finishers from round 2 tournament. Winner of TC wins it all.

If they incorporated match play at least partially in the Tour Championship, the prior rankings can be used to determine the matches. But the networks fear match play in case the biggest names get eliminated early.

> @LICC said:

> > @Bad9 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > Pre-Playoff events just gets you there, it doesn't necessarily guarantee you anything.....I remember the Patriots winning 16 regular season games and losing the Super Bowl.....LOL!

> >

> > And to me that's the beauty of real playoffs where regular season results don't mean anything(other than perhaps a first round bye). Get in and win, no points carryover, getting strokes, etc. Round 1-top 125 points earners get in. Round 2-top 75 finishers in round 1 tournament. Round 3 TC-top 30 finishers from round 2 tournament. Winner of TC wins it all.

>

> If they incorporated match play at least partially in the Tour Championship, the prior rankings can be used to determine the matches. But the networks fear match play in case the biggest names get eliminated early.

It’s also why they won’t do a real playoff format

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> > @LICC said:

> >

>

> You are quoting Austin Karp's figures from the Nielsen overnights from an article on August 12. I assume you read a piece at Geoff Shackleford's site.

>

> Mr. Karp's headline on August 14 at the Sports Business Journal when all the data is in is "Northern Trust Down."

>

> All of his articles are behind a paywall, the figures from the Sports Market Watch (quoted above by BlackDiamondPar5) are found here.

>

> https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/nfl-preseason-ratings-us-gymnastics-biles-fedex-cup/

>

>

So in other words I was right and he was wrong :)

• Like 1

> @LICC said:

> > @Bad9 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > Pre-Playoff events just gets you there, it doesn't necessarily guarantee you anything.....I remember the Patriots winning 16 regular season games and losing the Super Bowl.....LOL!

> >

> > And to me that's the beauty of real playoffs where regular season results don't mean anything(other than perhaps a first round bye). Get in and win, no points carryover, getting strokes, etc. Round 1-top 125 points earners get in. Round 2-top 75 finishers in round 1 tournament. Round 3 TC-top 30 finishers from round 2 tournament. Winner of TC wins it all.

>

> If they incorporated match play at least partially in the Tour Championship, the prior rankings can be used to determine the matches. But the networks fear match play in case the biggest names get eliminated early.

agree...which is why the final 4 should move on to match play to be played on the west coast in prime time. likely never to happen as money and logistics would be too much to put on a 4 man tournament. i'd be good with walking cameras. no towers needed. no booth announcers. I'm even good with small PPV fee if they did this right... cypress fri/sat night tournament. sign me up.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

A lot of people championing matchplay here. While I do like matchplay I think that it is best reserved for national amateur championships, Ryder Cups and the odd WGC.

So far the golf has been excellent if not particularly exciting so it will be interesting to see how we fare this week in both categories.

Mizuno ST-X 220 10.5 Aldila Ascent Stiff

Mizuno ST230 16*  UST LINQ

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #4 20* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #5 22.5* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno MP 5 5- PW TTDG 95 stiff

Mizuno T22 50 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno T22 56 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno M Craft OMOI #1

> > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > Really soft TV ratings last week. Thus far not as interesting as some would promote.

> > >

> > > "Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6"

> >

> > You are quoting Austin Karp's figures from the Nielsen overnights from an article on August 12. I assume you read a piece at Geoff Shackleford's site.

> >

> > Mr. Karp's headline on August 14 at the Sports Business Journal when all the data is in is "Northern Trust Down."

> >

> > All of his articles are behind a paywall, the figures from the Sports Market Watch (quoted above by BlackDiamondPar5) are found here.

> >

> > https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/nfl-preseason-ratings-us-gymnastics-biles-fedex-cup/

> >

> >

>

> So in other words I was right and he was wrong :)

Yep. You quoted someone who was wrong.

> > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > >

> >

> > You are quoting Austin Karp's figures from the Nielsen overnights from an article on August 12. I assume you read a piece at Geoff Shackleford's site.

> >

> > Mr. Karp's headline on August 14 at the Sports Business Journal when all the data is in is "Northern Trust Down."

> >

> > All of his articles are behind a paywall, the figures from the Sports Market Watch (quoted above by BlackDiamondPar5) are found here.

> >

> > https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/nfl-preseason-ratings-us-gymnastics-biles-fedex-cup/

> >

> >

>

> So in other words I was right and he was wrong :)

Looks like @BlackDiamondPar5 keeps getting it wrong:

"Moving out of the NFL’s shadow paid off for the BMW Championship.

Sunday’s final round of the PGA Tour BMW Championship, the second event in the FedEx Cup, averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.15 million viewers on NBC — marking the highest rated and most-watched round of the tournament since the final round in 2012 (2.5, 3.6M). That year, Phil Mickelson won and Tiger Woods finished third.

Not counting majors, Justin Thomas‘ win was the most-watched PGA Tour telecast since Saturday coverage of the WGC Match Play in March (3.18M). It also tied as the highest rated, matching the final round of the Memorial in June.

Ratings increased 65% (from 1.25) and viewership 68% (from 1.87M) compared to 2017. Last year’s final round was postponed to Monday due to rain."

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/bmw-championship-ratings-nbc-golf-channel/

> @LICC said:

> > > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > Really soft TV ratings last week. Thus far not as interesting as some would promote.

> > > >

> > > > Stop trolling with wrong information:

> > > > "Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6"

> > >

> > > You are quoting Austin Karp's figures from the Nielsen overnights from an article on August 12. I assume you read a piece at Geoff Shackleford's site.

> > >

> > > Mr. Karp's headline on August 14 at the Sports Business Journal when all the data is in is "Northern Trust Down."

> > >

> > > All of his articles are behind a paywall, the figures from the Sports Market Watch (quoted above by BlackDiamondPar5) are found here.

> > >

> > > https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/nfl-preseason-ratings-us-gymnastics-biles-fedex-cup/

> > >

> > >

> >

> > So in other words I was right and he was wrong :)

>

> Looks like @BlackDiamondPar5 keeps getting it wrong:

>

> "Moving out of the NFL’s shadow paid off for the BMW Championship.

>

> Sunday’s final round of the PGA Tour BMW Championship, the second event in the FedEx Cup, averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.15 million viewers on NBC — marking the highest rated and most-watched round of the tournament since the final round in 2012 (2.5, 3.6M). That year, Phil Mickelson won and Tiger Woods finished third.

>

> Not counting majors, Justin Thomas‘ win was the most-watched PGA Tour telecast since Saturday coverage of the WGC Match Play in March (3.18M). It also tied as the highest rated, matching the final round of the Memorial in June.

>

> Ratings increased 65% (from 1.25) and viewership 68% (from 1.87M) compared to 2017. Last year’s final round was postponed to Monday due to rain."

>

> https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/bmw-championship-ratings-nbc-golf-channel/

You're confusion is amusing. I was talking about the previous tournament ratings which were low, not the BMW. So that would make you wrong yet again!

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/nfl-preseason-ratings-us-gymnastics-biles-fedex-cup/

• Like 1

> > @LICC said:

> > > > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > Really soft TV ratings last week. Thus far not as interesting as some would promote.

> > > > >

> > > > > Stop trolling with wrong information:

> > > > > "Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6"

> > > >

> > > > You are quoting Austin Karp's figures from the Nielsen overnights from an article on August 12. I assume you read a piece at Geoff Shackleford's site.

> > > >

> > > > Mr. Karp's headline on August 14 at the Sports Business Journal when all the data is in is "Northern Trust Down."

> > > >

> > > > All of his articles are behind a paywall, the figures from the Sports Market Watch (quoted above by BlackDiamondPar5) are found here.

> > > >

> > > > https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/nfl-preseason-ratings-us-gymnastics-biles-fedex-cup/

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > So in other words I was right and he was wrong :)

> >

> > Looks like @BlackDiamondPar5 keeps getting it wrong:

> >

> > "Moving out of the NFL’s shadow paid off for the BMW Championship.

> >

> > Sunday’s final round of the PGA Tour BMW Championship, the second event in the FedEx Cup, averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.15 million viewers on NBC — marking the highest rated and most-watched round of the tournament since the final round in 2012 (2.5, 3.6M). That year, Phil Mickelson won and Tiger Woods finished third.

> >

> > Not counting majors, Justin Thomas‘ win was the most-watched PGA Tour telecast since Saturday coverage of the WGC Match Play in March (3.18M). It also tied as the highest rated, matching the final round of the Memorial in June.

> >

> > Ratings increased 65% (from 1.25) and viewership 68% (from 1.87M) compared to 2017. Last year’s final round was postponed to Monday due to rain."

> >

> > https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/bmw-championship-ratings-nbc-golf-channel/

> You're confusion is amusing. I was talking about the previous tournament ratings which were low, not the BMW. So that would make you wrong yet again!

> https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/nfl-preseason-ratings-us-gymnastics-biles-fedex-cup/

"Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6" - There are two conflicting reports. Show me the actual ratings. Otherwise, you are not right on this one.

And:

"Moving out of the NFL’s shadow paid off for the BMW Championship.

Sunday’s final round of the PGA Tour BMW Championship, the second event in the FedEx Cup, averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.15 million viewers on NBC — marking the highest rated and most-watched round of the tournament since the final round in 2012 (2.5, 3.6M). That year, Phil Mickelson won and Tiger Woods finished third.

Not counting majors, Justin Thomas‘ win was the most-watched PGA Tour telecast since Saturday coverage of the WGC Match Play in March (3.18M). It also tied as the highest rated, matching the final round of the Memorial in June.

Ratings increased 65% (from 1.25) and viewership 68% (from 1.87M) compared to 2017. Last year’s final round was postponed to Monday due to rain."

Which shows that your view that interest in the Fedex playoffs is "tepid" (your exact word), is, well, wrong. Wrong.

> @LICC said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > Really soft TV ratings last week. Thus far not as interesting as some would promote.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Stop trolling with wrong information:

> > > > > > "Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6"

> > > > >

> > > > > You are quoting Austin Karp's figures from the Nielsen overnights from an article on August 12. I assume you read a piece at Geoff Shackleford's site.

> > > > >

> > > > > Mr. Karp's headline on August 14 at the Sports Business Journal when all the data is in is "Northern Trust Down."

> > > > >

> > > > > All of his articles are behind a paywall, the figures from the Sports Market Watch (quoted above by BlackDiamondPar5) are found here.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/nfl-preseason-ratings-us-gymnastics-biles-fedex-cup/

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So in other words I was right and he was wrong :)

> > >

> > > Looks like @BlackDiamondPar5 keeps getting it wrong:

> > >

> > > "Moving out of the NFL’s shadow paid off for the BMW Championship.

> > >

> > > Sunday’s final round of the PGA Tour BMW Championship, the second event in the FedEx Cup, averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.15 million viewers on NBC — marking the highest rated and most-watched round of the tournament since the final round in 2012 (2.5, 3.6M). That year, Phil Mickelson won and Tiger Woods finished third.

> > >

> > > Not counting majors, Justin Thomas‘ win was the most-watched PGA Tour telecast since Saturday coverage of the WGC Match Play in March (3.18M). It also tied as the highest rated, matching the final round of the Memorial in June.

> > >

> > > Ratings increased 65% (from 1.25) and viewership 68% (from 1.87M) compared to 2017. Last year’s final round was postponed to Monday due to rain."

> > >

> > > https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/bmw-championship-ratings-nbc-golf-channel/

> > You're confusion is amusing. I was talking about the previous tournament ratings which were low, not the BMW. So that would make you wrong yet again!

>

> "Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6" - There are two conflicting reports. Show me the actual ratings. Otherwise, you are not right on this one.

> And:

> "Moving out of the NFL’s shadow paid off for the BMW Championship.

>

> Sunday’s final round of the PGA Tour BMW Championship, the second event in the FedEx Cup, averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.15 million viewers on NBC — marking the highest rated and most-watched round of the tournament since the final round in 2012 (2.5, 3.6M). That year, Phil Mickelson won and Tiger Woods finished third.

>

> Not counting majors, Justin Thomas‘ win was the most-watched PGA Tour telecast since Saturday coverage of the WGC Match Play in March (3.18M). It also tied as the highest rated, matching the final round of the Memorial in June.

>

> Ratings increased 65% (from 1.25) and viewership 68% (from 1.87M) compared to 2017. Last year’s final round was postponed to Monday due to rain."

>

> Which shows that your view that interest in the Fedex playoffs is "tepid" (your exact word), is, well, wrong. Wrong.

Austin Karps comments regarding the Northern Trust you posted was with older data than the article I posted from Sports Media Watch, therefore your article was wrong. Additionally I was never talking about the BMW because it hadn't been played yet, so the tepid comment was spot on as it was based on the NT tournament. So now you're wrong a couple more times!

• Like 1

> > @LICC said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > > Really soft TV ratings last week. Thus far not as interesting as some would promote.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Stop trolling with wrong information:

> > > > > > > "Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You are quoting Austin Karp's figures from the Nielsen overnights from an article on August 12. I assume you read a piece at Geoff Shackleford's site.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Mr. Karp's headline on August 14 at the Sports Business Journal when all the data is in is "Northern Trust Down."

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All of his articles are behind a paywall, the figures from the Sports Market Watch (quoted above by BlackDiamondPar5) are found here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/nfl-preseason-ratings-us-gymnastics-biles-fedex-cup/

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > So in other words I was right and he was wrong :)

> > > >

> > > > Looks like @BlackDiamondPar5 keeps getting it wrong:

> > > >

> > > > "Moving out of the NFL’s shadow paid off for the BMW Championship.

> > > >

> > > > Sunday’s final round of the PGA Tour BMW Championship, the second event in the FedEx Cup, averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.15 million viewers on NBC — marking the highest rated and most-watched round of the tournament since the final round in 2012 (2.5, 3.6M). That year, Phil Mickelson won and Tiger Woods finished third.

> > > >

> > > > Not counting majors, Justin Thomas‘ win was the most-watched PGA Tour telecast since Saturday coverage of the WGC Match Play in March (3.18M). It also tied as the highest rated, matching the final round of the Memorial in June.

> > > >

> > > > Ratings increased 65% (from 1.25) and viewership 68% (from 1.87M) compared to 2017. Last year’s final round was postponed to Monday due to rain."

> > > >

> > > > https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/bmw-championship-ratings-nbc-golf-channel/

> > > You're confusion is amusing. I was talking about the previous tournament ratings which were low, not the BMW. So that would make you wrong yet again!

> > > https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/08/nfl-preseason-ratings-us-gymnastics-biles-fedex-cup/

> >

> > "Austin Karp reports that the 2019 Northern Trust was up to a 2.0 final round rating on CBS in spite of fan not-favorite Patrick Reed, compared to 2018’s 1.6" - There are two conflicting reports. Show me the actual ratings. Otherwise, you are not right on this one.

> > And:

> > "Moving out of the NFL’s shadow paid off for the BMW Championship.

> >

> > Sunday’s final round of the PGA Tour BMW Championship, the second event in the FedEx Cup, averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.15 million viewers on NBC — marking the highest rated and most-watched round of the tournament since the final round in 2012 (2.5, 3.6M). That year, Phil Mickelson won and Tiger Woods finished third.

> >

> > Not counting majors, Justin Thomas‘ win was the most-watched PGA Tour telecast since Saturday coverage of the WGC Match Play in March (3.18M). It also tied as the highest rated, matching the final round of the Memorial in June.

> >

> > Ratings increased 65% (from 1.25) and viewership 68% (from 1.87M) compared to 2017. Last year’s final round was postponed to Monday due to rain."

> >

> > Which shows that your view that interest in the Fedex playoffs is "tepid" (your exact word), is, well, wrong. Wrong.

>

> Austin Karps comments regarding the Northern Trust you posted was with older data than the article I posted from Sports Media Watch, therefore your article was wrong. Additionally I was never talking about the BMW because it hadn't been played yet, so the tepid comment was spot on as it was based on the NT tournament. So now you're wrong a couple more times!

What older data? Show the data; otherwise your conclusion is nonsense.

@HoosierMizuno commented about lack of interest in the Fedex playoffs and you said interest was "tepid". He didn't comment on the NT only, he commented on the Fedex playoffs. Therefore, no matter how much you are trying to spin and dodge now, you are wrong.