2 Rules That Need To Be Enforced On Tour

40 seconds start when you arrive at your ball, if you're the 1st one to go or after the guy behind you hit his/her shot, clock starts. Doesn't matter what tournament or what position you're in, if you're in tough spot, then tough luck, don't go there in the 1st place, that's part of the punishment for hitting horrible shot.

Need this enforced badly.

TM M3 9.5*
Cobra King Ltd 15*
Callaway XR 18* 

Cobra Fly Z+ 4-P

Bridgestone J15 50*

Callaway MD2 56/60*

TM Spider X Navy Blue
Srixon Z Star

> @LICC said:

> > @"sui generis" said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > >

> > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > >

> > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > >

> > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> >

> > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

>

> Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > >

> > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > >

> > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > >

> > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> >

> > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

>

> Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

> @LICC said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > >

> > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > >

> > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > >

> > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> >

> > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

>

> I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

Considering he explained what he’s doing is what he has done since the ban for anchoring was put in place he’s sating what he has been doing and it doesn’t sound like the criticism or questioning bothers him since he’s been cleared by the tour as not anchoring. The rule doesn’t state how far away it has to be from the chest as long as it’s not anchored to it.

> @LICC said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > >

> > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > >

> > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > >

> > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> >

> > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

>

> I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @Shilgy said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > > >

> > > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > > >

> > > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > > >

> > > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> > >

> > > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> >

> > I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

>

> When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

He is making a mockery of the rules and the spirit of the game. He should be making sure there is no contact whatsoever with his chest, his shirt, nothing, and that it is apparent to all.

> @LICC said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> > > >

> > > > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> > >

> > > I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

> >

> > When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

>

> He is making a mockery of the rules and the spirit of the game. He should be making sure there is no contact whatsoever with his chest, his shirt, nothing, and that it is apparent to all.

You have an axe to grind with him...did he steal your lunch money or something?

The only thing that matters is that he is making a stroke according to the rules and the tour has confirmed this so he’s good. You don’t like the way it looks don’t watch but to say he is making a mockery is a joke.

> @gvogel said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > Allow range finders and 1/2 the problem is solved

> >

> > Even if they used rangefinders they would still need to know distance to back/front/bunker carry/backstop yardage etc.

>

> They could use the pin sheet to get those calculations.

My thought on range finders is that it will be another thing the pros and caddies fumble with. Would it kill me if they were allowed? Of course not, but DMDs are not going to help the tours' slow players speeding up. The slow play "problem" on tour has little to do with getting yardages.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @LICC said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> > > >

> > > > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> > >

> > > I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

> >

> > When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

>

> He is making a mockery of the rules and the spirit of the game. He should be making sure there is no contact whatsoever with his chest, his shirt, nothing, and that it is apparent to all.

Tell us what problem you are seeking to solve? The ruling bodies solved their "problem" with Rule 10. Players and golf administrators all get it and are fully compliant. Then there's you.

Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play competitive golf.

> @"sui generis" said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> > > > >

> > > > > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> > > >

> > > > I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

> > >

> > > When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

> >

> > He is making a mockery of the rules and the spirit of the game. He should be making sure there is no contact whatsoever with his chest, his shirt, nothing, and that it is apparent to all.

>

> Tell us what problem you are seeking to solve? The ruling bodies solved their "problem" with Rule 10. Players and golf administrators all get it and are fully compliant. Then there's you.

Do you not know that it was other players complaining about it?

> @LICC said:

> > @"sui generis" said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> > > > >

> > > > > I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

> > > >

> > > > When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

> > >

> > > He is making a mockery of the rules and the spirit of the game. He should be making sure there is no contact whatsoever with his chest, his shirt, nothing, and that it is apparent to all.

> >

> > Tell us what problem you are seeking to solve? The ruling bodies solved their "problem" with Rule 10. Players and golf administrators all get it and are fully compliant. Then there's you.

>

> Do you not know that it was other players complaining about it?

Sour grapes and envy.

> @LICC said:

> > @"sui generis" said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> > > > >

> > > > > I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

> > > >

> > > > When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

> > >

> > > He is making a mockery of the rules and the spirit of the game. He should be making sure there is no contact whatsoever with his chest, his shirt, nothing, and that it is apparent to all.

> >

> > Tell us what problem you are seeking to solve? The ruling bodies solved their "problem" with Rule 10. Players and golf administrators all get it and are fully compliant. Then there's you.

>

> Do you not know that it was other players complaining about it?

I have not heard of any of his FC's (in his group) or markers confronting him on it, nor have I heard of any of his FC's or markers bringing it to the Rules officials attention. If they have, I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @Vindog said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

> > > > >

> > > > > When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

> > > >

> > > > He is making a mockery of the rules and the spirit of the game. He should be making sure there is no contact whatsoever with his chest, his shirt, nothing, and that it is apparent to all.

> > >

> > > Tell us what problem you are seeking to solve? The ruling bodies solved their "problem" with Rule 10. Players and golf administrators all get it and are fully compliant. Then there's you.

> >

> > Do you not know that it was other players complaining about it?

>

> I have not heard of any of his FC's (in his group) or markers confronting him on it, nor have I heard of any of his FC's or markers bringing it to the Rules officials attention. If they have, I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

>

>

“It was curious to me,” Chamblee said. He added that at least 10 PGA Tour Champions players had contacted him by phone or text message to express concern.

“There is no shortage of players who are aghast,” Chamblee said. “I realized there was a great deal of animosity and suspicion, and it needed to be talked about.” ...

“But at a players’ meeting in June, during the Principal Charity Classic in Iowa, Langer demonstrated his putting technique to his peers. It was an effort to quell the doubts, ...”

> @Vindog said:

> > @gvogel said:

> > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > Allow range finders and 1/2 the problem is solved

> > >

> > > Even if they used rangefinders they would still need to know distance to back/front/bunker carry/backstop yardage etc.

> >

> > They could use the pin sheet to get those calculations.

>

>

> My thought on range finders is that it will be another thing the pros and caddies fumble with. Would it kill me if they were allowed? Of course not, but DMDs are not going to help the tours' slow players speeding up. The slow play "problem" on tour has little to do with getting yardages.

>

Agreed.

Even once they know an exact yardage, there's still lots of time spent talking and thinking about where they want the ball to land (not in the cup, lol) how much spin or release they want, what the wind is doing, air temps/humidity/altitude effect on the shot...

Most of the "problem" that a DMD would solve is in situations like we just saw where DeChambeau walked 70 yards up to the green and back. That only happens a couple of times in a tournament, and costs maybe a minute. It's not much of the problem, although it looks awful when it happens.

> @LICC said:

> > @Vindog said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

> > > > >

> > > > > He is making a mockery of the rules and the spirit of the game. He should be making sure there is no contact whatsoever with his chest, his shirt, nothing, and that it is apparent to all.

> > > >

> > > > Tell us what problem you are seeking to solve? The ruling bodies solved their "problem" with Rule 10. Players and golf administrators all get it and are fully compliant. Then there's you.

> > >

> > > Do you not know that it was other players complaining about it?

> >

> > I have not heard of any of his FC's (in his group) or markers confronting him on it, nor have I heard of any of his FC's or markers bringing it to the Rules officials attention. If they have, I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

> >

> >

> “It was curious to me,” Chamblee said. He added that at least 10 PGA Tour Champions players had contacted him by phone or text message to express concern.

>

> “There is no shortage of players who are aghast,” Chamblee said. “I realized there was a great deal of animosity and suspicion, and it needed to be talked about.” ...

>

> “But at a players’ meeting in June, during the Principal Charity Classic in Iowa, Langer demonstrated his putting technique to his peers. It was an effort to quell the doubts, ...”

>

>

They had doubts, he showed them what he was doing, no more doubts and no cheating, so only you are left doubting his integrity and saying he is making a mockery of the game.

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @Vindog said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He is making a mockery of the rules and the spirit of the game. He should be making sure there is no contact whatsoever with his chest, his shirt, nothing, and that it is apparent to all.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tell us what problem you are seeking to solve? The ruling bodies solved their "problem" with Rule 10. Players and golf administrators all get it and are fully compliant. Then there's you.

> > > >

> > > > Do you not know that it was other players complaining about it?

> > >

> > > I have not heard of any of his FC's (in his group) or markers confronting him on it, nor have I heard of any of his FC's or markers bringing it to the Rules officials attention. If they have, I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

> > >

> > >

> > “It was curious to me,” Chamblee said. He added that at least 10 PGA Tour Champions players had contacted him by phone or text message to express concern.

> >

> > “There is no shortage of players who are aghast,” Chamblee said. “I realized there was a great deal of animosity and suspicion, and it needed to be talked about.” ...

> >

> > “But at a players’ meeting in June, during the Principal Charity Classic in Iowa, Langer demonstrated his putting technique to his peers. It was an effort to quell the doubts, ...”

> >

> >

>

> They had doubts, he showed them what he was doing, no more doubts and no cheating, so only you are left doubting his integrity and saying he is making a mockery of the game.

I didn’t know you had the ability to read the minds of Champions Tour players ...

> @LICC said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @Vindog said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > > > > > > > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He is making a mockery of the rules and the spirit of the game. He should be making sure there is no contact whatsoever with his chest, his shirt, nothing, and that it is apparent to all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tell us what problem you are seeking to solve? The ruling bodies solved their "problem" with Rule 10. Players and golf administrators all get it and are fully compliant. Then there's you.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you not know that it was other players complaining about it?

> > > >

> > > > I have not heard of any of his FC's (in his group) or markers confronting him on it, nor have I heard of any of his FC's or markers bringing it to the Rules officials attention. If they have, I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > “It was curious to me,” Chamblee said. He added that at least 10 PGA Tour Champions players had contacted him by phone or text message to express concern.

> > >

> > > “There is no shortage of players who are aghast,” Chamblee said. “I realized there was a great deal of animosity and suspicion, and it needed to be talked about.” ...

> > >

> > > “But at a players’ meeting in June, during the Principal Charity Classic in Iowa, Langer demonstrated his putting technique to his peers. It was an effort to quell the doubts, ...”

> > >

> > >

> >

> > They had doubts, he showed them what he was doing, no more doubts and no cheating, so only you are left doubting his integrity and saying he is making a mockery of the game.

>

> I didn’t know you had the ability to read the minds of Champions Tour players ...

Considering it’s not a topic of discussion on tour or golf channel or any of the mentioned players raising the issue to the rules committee it’s a safe bet their concerns were addressed and unlike you they’ve moved on

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @Vindog said:

> > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He is making a mockery of the rules and the spirit of the game. He should be making sure there is no contact whatsoever with his chest, his shirt, nothing, and that it is apparent to all.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Tell us what problem you are seeking to solve? The ruling bodies solved their "problem" with Rule 10. Players and golf administrators all get it and are fully compliant. Then there's you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do you not know that it was other players complaining about it?

> > > > >

> > > > > I have not heard of any of his FC's (in his group) or markers confronting him on it, nor have I heard of any of his FC's or markers bringing it to the Rules officials attention. If they have, I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > “It was curious to me,” Chamblee said. He added that at least 10 PGA Tour Champions players had contacted him by phone or text message to express concern.

> > > >

> > > > “There is no shortage of players who are aghast,” Chamblee said. “I realized there was a great deal of animosity and suspicion, and it needed to be talked about.” ...

> > > >

> > > > “But at a players’ meeting in June, during the Principal Charity Classic in Iowa, Langer demonstrated his putting technique to his peers. It was an effort to quell the doubts, ...”

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > They had doubts, he showed them what he was doing, no more doubts and no cheating, so only you are left doubting his integrity and saying he is making a mockery of the game.

> >

> > I didn’t know you had the ability to read the minds of Champions Tour players ...

>

> Considering it’s not a topic of discussion on tour or golf channel or any of the mentioned players raising the issue to the rules committee it’s a safe bet their concerns were addressed and unlike you they’ve moved on

Or they realize that after raising it and the Tour looking the other way, it serves no further purpose to bring it up anymore.

> @LICC said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @Vindog said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > He is making a mockery of the rules and the spirit of the game. He should be making sure there is no contact whatsoever with his chest, his shirt, nothing, and that it is apparent to all.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Tell us what problem you are seeking to solve? The ruling bodies solved their "problem" with Rule 10. Players and golf administrators all get it and are fully compliant. Then there's you.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you not know that it was other players complaining about it?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have not heard of any of his FC's (in his group) or markers confronting him on it, nor have I heard of any of his FC's or markers bringing it to the Rules officials attention. If they have, I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > “It was curious to me,” Chamblee said. He added that at least 10 PGA Tour Champions players had contacted him by phone or text message to express concern.

> > > > >

> > > > > “There is no shortage of players who are aghast,” Chamblee said. “I realized there was a great deal of animosity and suspicion, and it needed to be talked about.” ...

> > > > >

> > > > > “But at a players’ meeting in June, during the Principal Charity Classic in Iowa, Langer demonstrated his putting technique to his peers. It was an effort to quell the doubts, ...”

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > They had doubts, he showed them what he was doing, no more doubts and no cheating, so only you are left doubting his integrity and saying he is making a mockery of the game.

> > >

> > > I didn’t know you had the ability to read the minds of Champions Tour players ...

> >

> > Considering it’s not a topic of discussion on tour or golf channel or any of the mentioned players raising the issue to the rules committee it’s a safe bet their concerns were addressed and unlike you they’ve moved on

>

> Or they realize that after raising it and the Tour looking the other way, it serves no further purpose to bring it up anymore.

Yeah, that's probably the case. So, you win. Now go away and bother someone else with your delusions. (Hint, here's one. Look out your window. The Earth must be flat. Right? Go run with that for the next fifty years.)

Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play competitive golf.

> @LICC said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @Vindog said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm not putting the shaft in my belly or on my chest [as he demonstrates by pressing the top of the putter shaft on his belly and then on his chest], I actually have the thumb between the chest and the putter [as he presses his thumb onto his chest]..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > That is exactly what he said. @Soloman1 Stop lying to yourself.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You are reading more into it than he said, as your little add on shows.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, he says he has his thumb between the grip and his chest. He does not anchor said thumb to his chest. That part you made up. He has said many times that he anchors during the practice stroke to give him the feel he wants. He then moves that top hand away from his chest slightly.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Is what Langer and McCarron and a few others do what the USGA had in mind when the rule was written? Probably not. But they are within the rules.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I made nothing up. If you don't see with your own eyes what he does and hear what he says in the video, that is your bias.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > He said he has his thumb between the putter and his chest. He does not say it's touching his chest.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > He's made a video about how he uses a long putter and includes references to the rules. Do you really think he'd do that if he was actually anchoring? Why? The R&A would be forced to act, but they haven't. Because..... he's not breaking the rule.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You really can’t be saying this and watching the video. He put the shaft on his chest then showed how the shaft is not on his chest because his thumb is between the shaft and his chest. And he visibly is touching his chest. The USGA and R&A don’t act because they don’t want to get sued by the equipment manufacturers. They would prefer to avoid the publicity of having to act on this.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I watched the video and did not see him anchor it. You want it to fit your narrative and it’s not there

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > His thumb is pressed on his chest. Clearly. Call it whatever you want.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Viewed from your magic La-Z-Boy. Who knew it was endowed with powers unavailable to PGA Tour professional referees. Or, you're yet another know-nothing idiot.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Do you think referees on the course are making this decision? Do you think you need to be a referee to see his thumb touching in the video? And you're calling someone else an idiot?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Go watch the feherty episode from Monday with langer. He demonstrates what he does and it isn’t anchoring.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I just watched it. Eh. After his technique was publicly criticized, what else would he say? Regardless, he shouldn’t be allowed to keep his hand so close to his chest that at best you can’t tell if it is touching, and at worst you can see it’s touching

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > When you are driving on the highway are you the guy in the left lane driving 55 in a 65 zone? So you do not give the impression of speeding? It is his job to make as many putts as possible while obeying the rules. And he does that.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > He is making a mockery of the rules and the spirit of the game. He should be making sure there is no contact whatsoever with his chest, his shirt, nothing, and that it is apparent to all.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Tell us what problem you are seeking to solve? The ruling bodies solved their "problem" with Rule 10. Players and golf administrators all get it and are fully compliant. Then there's you.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you not know that it was other players complaining about it?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have not heard of any of his FC's (in his group) or markers confronting him on it, nor have I heard of any of his FC's or markers bringing it to the Rules officials attention. If they have, I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > “It was curious to me,” Chamblee said. He added that at least 10 PGA Tour Champions players had contacted him by phone or text message to express concern.

> > > > >

> > > > > “There is no shortage of players who are aghast,” Chamblee said. “I realized there was a great deal of animosity and suspicion, and it needed to be talked about.” ...

> > > > >

> > > > > “But at a players’ meeting in June, during the Principal Charity Classic in Iowa, Langer demonstrated his putting technique to his peers. It was an effort to quell the doubts, ...”

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > They had doubts, he showed them what he was doing, no more doubts and no cheating, so only you are left doubting his integrity and saying he is making a mockery of the game.

> > >

> > > I didn’t know you had the ability to read the minds of Champions Tour players ...

> >

> > Considering it’s not a topic of discussion on tour or golf channel or any of the mentioned players raising the issue to the rules committee it’s a safe bet their concerns were addressed and unlike you they’ve moved on

>

> Or they realize that after raising it and the Tour looking the other way, it serves no further purpose to bring it up anymore.

That’s it. They are tired of accusing him and the tour not doing anything.