Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Who Makes the Most Durable Golf Glove???

Comments

• PZeroPZero  11575Members Posts: 11,575

@BiggErn said:
    The bionic gloves use to be good but the quality of their newer versions is terrible.

Completely agree and I told them just that when they made the change. Luckily, I found some of the older models for a decent price and still use those ones.

Posted:
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • pjmpjm  34Members Posts: 34

I’ve found the Mizuno Tec Flex ro be super durable.

Posted:
  • mtiger10mtiger10  316Members Posts: 316

I've used many different brands down through the years but the FJ weathersof is the most durable to me. Proper care and storing flat in the package or ziploc bag is also crucial to glove life.

Posted:

Ben Hogan GS53 9* with UST Helium stiff or Ping G30 9* with regular flex TFC 419D
    Ben Hogan GS53 16* with UST Helium stiff or Titleist 917 F2 16.5* with regular flex Diamana Ltd Blue 70
    Titleist 816 H2 21* with stiff flex Diamana S+ Blue 70
    Taylormade M CGB 4-AW with regular flex Nippon NSPRO840
    Callaway MD3 Milled Black Wide sole wedge 56*
    Odyssey Works #7 Tank Versa with Superstroke

• YuckYuck Fore!  2525Members Posts: 2,525

I wear an XXL cadet, and can’t seem to find options other than footjoy. My hand is far too big, and my fingers far too short to use an XXL, or an XL cadet. Anyone with the same problem find a durable option?

Posted:
  • Lefty Light HItterLefty Light HItter  1515Members Posts: 1,515

@EZCUSE said:
    I'm sure I'm not the only one out there but I tend to burn through golf gloves super fast. I am constantly cleaning my grips so I know that is not the issue. I use the FootJoy StaSof's which I absolutely love but at $22 a pop I which I could find something just as durable but not as cheap. I literally tried the Callaway Apex Tour glove and after one session on the range I had torn through the palm of the glove.

Am I gripping too tight? Sure. However, if anyone has any recommendations of durable cabratta leather golf gloves out in the market at a reasonable price, I would love to hear what else you guys use.

This might not resonate with you, but I do not wear gloves when practicing for two reasons:
    1. My gloves last longer since they're not getting used as much.
    2. I have a fear of wet hands and it helps get practice in the heat of the summer with that sensation so I'm not as nervous over a shot.

As far as gloves go I won't wear anything but the Titleist premium or GFore. I wear the Titleist when playing regular rounds or by myself, GFore when playing on weekends, scrambles, etc because I like the looks of them.

Posted:
    In search of solid contact...
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16  8044Members Posts: 8,044

Proper storage helps extend the life of a glove. I use the TM Tour gloves which are fairly thin leather so they can crap the bed on me as soon as like 4-5 rounds if I don't put it back in the plastic and keep in a cool, dry area. I'm always looking for something that will last me longer so I'll probably try these MG Gloves. Even if it only lasts 2 weeks... could be worth it.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jdc944jdc944  75Members Posts: 75

The crazy thing to me is the MG glove lasts longer than a Titleist player's glove would last me. Every Titleist players glove that I have bought would eventually get to where the velcro would not hold. The MG velcro is solid.

Posted:
  • BTeeBTee  33ClubWRX Posts: 33

I use MG and they run a little big. I also like the FJ Weathersof 2 pack is usually $20 or less.

Posted:
  • GalangaGalanga  714Members Posts: 714

I have been using FootJoy rain gloves (lead hand only) for at least a year. Have three that I rotate. Great with moisture (although they don't need to be moist) and they last longer than any leather glove I have used.

Posted:
    • PingG400 Max 10.5; Ping Tour 65 S; 45.25”; D1
    • Ping G410 14.5 and 17.5; Project X Evenflow Blue 65 6.0; 43.25” and 42.25"; D2.5 / D3.5
    • Ping G410 22; Project X Evenflow Blue 85 6.0; 39.75”; D3.5
    • Ping Miura PP 9003 S/N, PW-5i; 1 flat of Miura std; +1/2”; Elevate Tour Stiff (PW-7) & Elevate Tour Reg (6-5); D4ish
    • Ping Glide Stealth 52SS, 54ES (56), and 58ES (60); 2 flat; all 36"; Accra i123; D4-5
    • Ping Y-Blade; 36.5/70; Ping Blackout

• therevtherev  376Members Posts: 376

@DLev45 said:
    I’ll second the Kirkland glove. I have played 6 rounds with my first of the 4 pack and it is still holding up fine. And even if it wasn’t, it’s $24 for the four-pack instead of $22 for one. If it lasts more than 1/4th as long, you’re coming out ahead.

Love mine!

Posted:
  • Pi5seekerPi5seeker  887Members Posts: 887

How do the Kirkland gloves fit? I noticed they don't have cadet sizes and I'm a cadet L or XL.

Posted:
    Cobra F8 9.5* Evenflow Blue
    Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
    Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
    Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
    Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* DG Spinner
    Odyssey Strokelab Seven S
    Z-Star
    Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry

Advertisement
  • CougarRedCougarRed Southeast Texas 175Members Posts: 175

@dan777 said:
    MG DynaGrip elite. $6.99. Buy 4 or 5 to offset the shipping cost. I was shocked at how good the gloves are for the price

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Posted:

The MG gloves I tried were the worst for quality. I really like my Puma Pro Formation's....

Posted:
    Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
    Z-Star
  • extrastiffextrastiff  924Members Posts: 924

@EZCUSE said:
    I'm sure I'm not the only one out there but I tend to burn through golf gloves super fast. I am constantly cleaning my grips so I know that is not the issue. I use the FootJoy StaSof's which I absolutely love but at $22 a pop I which I could find something just as durable but not as cheap. I literally tried the Callaway Apex Tour glove and after one session on the range I had torn through the palm of the glove.

Am I gripping too tight? Sure. However, if anyone has any recommendations of durable cabratta leather golf gloves out in the market at a reasonable price, I would love to hear what else you guys use.

absolutely gripping too tight.
    FJ rain gloves work well for durability.

Posted:
    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5 /  g400 15.5* | tensei white 80tx  /  p790 19*, 21* | x100  /  919tour 4-9 | x100  /  p730 46*8 | x100  /  sm6 52*8, 56*8, 60*4 | x100 ti  /  red X3

Has anyone tried the Ben Hogan Legend gloves? I try to buy a cabretta glove under $12 a pair and they are on my radar.

Posted:
    Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
    Z-Star
  • AndygoldersonAndygolderson  34Members Posts: 34

Didn't see anyone recommend 'zero friction' yet. I found this one in a German golf shop. Think they are American brand?
    I bought the cabretta leather glove which is a single size fitting. It has a flexible breathable material between the fingers.
    2 weeks later, I went back and got 4 more.
    They're not good in the rain though.
    They are soft, stretchy and come with a small tee.
    I burned one quickly, but from my own fault having bad grip or turning the club through the swing.
    They have a few colours available.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16  8044Members Posts: 8,044

My MG's just showed up by the way. Feel isn't quite as good as my Taylormade Tour Pref, but it's close. If I give the TM a 10/10, I give these a 7. For literally 1/4 the price... It's worth it so far. Now to see if they last. My Biggest gripe with the TM glove is even after caring for it, just short of lotion'ing the **** things like real skin, they get pretty firm and start to stretch out rather fast. They are the best glove though I've ever used for the price right out of the package though.

Posted:

• swancerswancer TN 85Members Posts: 85

@Pi5seeker said:
    How do the Kirkland gloves fit? I noticed they don't have cadet sizes and I'm a cadet L or XL.

I wear a cadet large normally and the regular large was tight for a round until it stretched a little. They are a beast to get on and off with sweaty hands. I will probably go XL next time. However at the rate they are wearing out that could be a while.

Posted:

Taylormade M4 Driver & 3 Wood
    Callaway Fusion FT Hybrids
    Cobra Forged TEC Black 5-GW
    Cobra KING Black 54 & 58
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Black
    Black Ping Hoofer 14 Way
    Sun Mountain C130 Cart Bag

• wcbjrwcbjr  2842Members Posts: 2,842

FootJoy WeatherSof.
    I've had 2 gloves in rotation in 100* Texas heat for at least 10 rounds now. I rotate the gloves every hole. They probably have another 10 rounds in them.

Posted:
  • ctsgolfctsgolf  186Members Posts: 186

Taylormade Tour Preferred are my choice. I have 3 "range gloves" in my bag right now because they just won't tear open. Going to have to just start throwing them out at this rate because my current gamer is almost ready to be demoted.

Posted:
    Taylormade M1  Speeder 661 Evo
    Ping G  Aldila NV 75s
    Titleist T-MB 20°  DG S400
    Titleist 695CB  DG S300 (4-PW)
    Callaway MD Forged  Recoil 125 F4
    Miura  KM-006  

• Oett11Oett11 Columbia Mo 83Members Posts: 83

Last batch of mg golf gloves were big than I'm used to getting, been getting med large for the last 2 yrs with no problems, new batch was back to normal.

Posted:

Mizuno st 180~~ 9.5* Diamana D+ 70x
    Titleist 917f 15* Diamana d+ 80s
    Mizuno clk 19* Diamana d+ 90s
    Taylormade p730 x100 4-pw
    Taylormade Milled Grind 52/56
    Ping Anser milled 35

Advertisement
  • LaznastyLaznasty Valparaiso, Indiana 744Members Posts: 744

@Montanagolf said:
    How about a long lasting colored glove? I’m not a fan of plain white...

I've been using the footjoy spectrums and they've lasted longer than most other gloves I've tried.

Posted:
    Ping G410+
    Callaway GBB Epic 5W 
    Titleist 910H
    Taylormade P790 4i-Aw
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge 54° 58°
    Lamb Crafted Camden
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz  5683Members Posts: 5,683

Footjoy in black instead of white. They last about 3x longer for me, I think bleaching the gloves white affects the durability.

Posted:
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • ChipNRunChipNRun  1667Members Posts: 1,667

The Bionic glove models are all quite durable - they better be, costing around $25 each. Three Bionic Stablegrips lasted me through last season, and one of those is still in play this year.

@Montanagolf said:

Ensure the colored glove is colorfast. I ruined a pair of khaki shorts on a rainy day when the dark glove bled dye onto the thigh area.

Posted:
    What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
    FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
    or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
    Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
    Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 101 gr.
           4i refitted with SteelFiber 780 HLS Hybrid shaft R Flex 75 gr.
    Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS +
    MD.PM 60°/10  | KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) / 34" w. Ping Pistol PP60 grip (stock)
    Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
    Ball: Calla SuperHot - orange
    * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course.
    ** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.
  • BiggErnBiggErn  2703Members Posts: 2,703

@ChipNRun said:

The Bionic glove models are all quite durable - they better be, costing around $25 each. Three Bionic Stablegrips lasted me through last season, and one of those is still in play this year.

@Montanagolf said:

Ensure the colored glove is colorfast. I ruined a pair of khaki shorts on a rainy day when the dark glove bled dye onto the thigh area.

The older bionic gloves were durable but the newer versions are very poor quality.

Posted:
  • LeftDaddyLeftDaddy  805Members Posts: 805

I’ve always been a bionic fan but stopped buying them last year because they are so thick (and I was looking for something with more feel). I bought the FootJoy Stasof or whatever it’s called and hate it. It has a stitch or something in one of the fingers that scratches me, and it has worn out really quickly.

I have a TM Tour Preferred that was given to me and it is great. I hope I can buy it when I need one.

From this thread I’m thinking the MG would be a good choice in the future, though. Thanks!

Posted:
    Callaway 815 BBA DBD, Aldila Rogue Stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep, 14.5, Aldila Tour Green stiff
    Callaway Apex MB UT 2 iron, Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway 2013 X-forged (3-5), Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway Apex MB (6-PW), KBS Tour V stiff
    Vokey SM5 54, Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Chrome 58, both with KBS Tour
    Bettinardi BB1

Advertisement
  • QuasimotoQuasimoto  926Members Posts: 926

The most durable you will ever buy is a Hirzl Performance 2.0. Best bar none for wet weather also.
    Kangaroo hide palm and fingers treated for non-slip, and flexible synthetic back of hand.
    Expensive, however they will last for several hundred rounds.

Posted:
    Srixon z785 9.5 HC HZRDUS 6.0
    Callaway Flash 13.5 65 S EvenFlo
    Cobra 2,3,4 Hybrids PX
    Srixon z785 6-AW Nippon Tour 105 R
    Titleist SM7 54 & 58 Nippon Tour 105 S
    Odyssey Stroke Labs #7,
    BStone BX, Titleist AVX
  • DBLEAGLEDBLEAGLE  80Members Posts: 80

Footjoy WeatherSof is my choice

Posted:
  • StetsonStetson  2553Members Posts: 2,553

I think the most durable is a poor phrasing of question. Which glove will you get the most out of for $20? Kirkland by far. 3 gloves for $15, allows me to get that new glove feeling and very good durability. They have held up much better than Callaway, Titleist, Mizuno, Nike or FJ for me.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 (Tour AD IZ)
    3w: Ping G400 SFT (Tour AD DI)
    3H: Ping G400 (Tour AD DI)
    3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Accra)
    4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
    Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Vokey Links K
    Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Advertisement
  • gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. Des Moines 1822Members Posts: 1,822

@Quasimoto said:
    The most durable you will ever buy is a Hirzl Performance 2.0. Best bar none for wet weather also.
    Kangaroo hide palm and fingers treated for non-slip, and flexible synthetic back of hand.
    Expensive, however they will last for several hundred rounds.

I remember buying Kangaroo leather gloves off the bay 15 years ago. They lasted forever. And, ever... Don't understand why they stopped making them. I thought kangaroos are about as prevalent in Australia as deer in the US...

Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file