George Gankas Online Coaching

cookszn

> @J13 said:

> > @stlouismark said:

> > I like GG a lot although I’m not sure I love his “stock” swing he teaches.....hands way inside, shaft way steep and across the line at top, a slight over the top move from the inside......maybe I’m wrong in that he doesn’t teach this specifically but he swings like that himself, as does his boy Johnny Ruiz....who is kind of a clown imo.

>

> GG doesn't have a stock swing, in fact the whole basis of his teaching is there is no such thing as one swing fits all. He works on what players have naturally and creates match ups to get the most out of it.

I could make a strong argument that Ruiz, at a minimum, demonstrates GG's "stock" swing, i.e. if a golfer could do most of GG prefers to see. JR was the demo for GG's video with Me and My Golf, and I recall an IG post where GG showed via 3D or force plates how centered JR turned in the downswing.

I joined the site as well and so far it has been great. The modules on setup alone have proved to fix some of the issues that I have been having. I have been following George for quite some time and it was bit frustrating to try and figure out what he was trying to teach and the modules did a great job explaining and demonstrating his philosophy.

Callaway: Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond 10.5 with Fujikura Ventus TR 6X
Callaway: Rogue ST Triple Diamond T 3wd (14) with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
Callaway: Epic Speed 4wd (16.5) Fujikura Ventus Red 7X
Callaway: Super Hybrid 22 degree with Graphite Design 105 S
Cobra: Cobra RF Proto Irons 5-pw Mitsubishi MMT 125 S
Artisan: 50,54,58 Raw Tour Issue S400 
Ping PLD Custom Anser 34 in

> @jonramz said:

> If you liked his previous stuff, you will like his new site. Very very detailed, definitely did a good job on it. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the wait on the different modules if you signed up to pay monthly (like I did). Not sure if you paid for the year up front if you get access to everything right away

> @mudge said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @stlouismark said:

> > > I like GG a lot although I’m not sure I love his “stock” swing he teaches.....hands way inside, shaft way steep and across the line at top, a slight over the top move from the inside......maybe I’m wrong in that he doesn’t teach this specifically but he swings like that himself, as does his boy Johnny Ruiz....who is kind of a clown imo.

> >

> > GG doesn't have a stock swing, in fact the whole basis of his teaching is there is no such thing as one swing fits all. He works on what players have naturally and creates match ups to get the most out of it.

>

> I could make a strong argument that Ruiz, at a minimum, demonstrates GG's "stock" swing, i.e. if a golfer could do most of GG prefers to see. JR was the demo for GG's video with Me and My Golf, and I recall an IG post where GG showed via 3D or force plates how centered JR turned in the downswing.

There are pieces of JR's swing that is universal but his takeaway is not GG's stock because he doesn't have a stock takeaway. JR modeled his swing after Matt Wolff. GG did not tell him to swing that way.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @jonramz said:

> > If you liked his previous stuff, you will like his new site. Very very detailed, definitely did a good job on it. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the wait on the different modules if you signed up to pay monthly (like I did). Not sure if you paid for the year up front if you get access to everything right away

>

> > @mudge said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @stlouismark said:

> > > > I like GG a lot although I’m not sure I love his “stock” swing he teaches.....hands way inside, shaft way steep and across the line at top, a slight over the top move from the inside......maybe I’m wrong in that he doesn’t teach this specifically but he swings like that himself, as does his boy Johnny Ruiz....who is kind of a clown imo.

> > >

> > > GG doesn't have a stock swing, in fact the whole basis of his teaching is there is no such thing as one swing fits all. He works on what players have naturally and creates match ups to get the most out of it.

> >

> > I could make a strong argument that Ruiz, at a minimum, demonstrates GG's "stock" swing, i.e. if a golfer could do most of GG prefers to see. JR was the demo for GG's video with Me and My Golf, and I recall an IG post where GG showed via 3D or force plates how centered JR turned in the downswing.

>

> There are pieces of JR's swing that is universal but his takeaway is not GG's stock because he doesn't have a stock takeaway. JR modeled his swing after Matt Wolff. GG did not tell him to swing that way.

Ruiz might have the worst swing of anyone who is claiming to play golf for a living. Although I don’t think Ruiz has ever made any money.

> @stlouismark said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @jonramz said:

> > > If you liked his previous stuff, you will like his new site. Very very detailed, definitely did a good job on it. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the wait on the different modules if you signed up to pay monthly (like I did). Not sure if you paid for the year up front if you get access to everything right away

> >

> > > @mudge said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > @stlouismark said:

> > > > > I like GG a lot although I’m not sure I love his “stock” swing he teaches.....hands way inside, shaft way steep and across the line at top, a slight over the top move from the inside......maybe I’m wrong in that he doesn’t teach this specifically but he swings like that himself, as does his boy Johnny Ruiz....who is kind of a clown imo.

> > > >

> > > > GG doesn't have a stock swing, in fact the whole basis of his teaching is there is no such thing as one swing fits all. He works on what players have naturally and creates match ups to get the most out of it.

> > >

> > > I could make a strong argument that Ruiz, at a minimum, demonstrates GG's "stock" swing, i.e. if a golfer could do most of GG prefers to see. JR was the demo for GG's video with Me and My Golf, and I recall an IG post where GG showed via 3D or force plates how centered JR turned in the downswing.

> >

> > There are pieces of JR's swing that is universal but his takeaway is not GG's stock because he doesn't have a stock takeaway. JR modeled his swing after Matt Wolff. GG did not tell him to swing that way.

>

> Ruiz might have the worst swing of anyone who is claiming to play golf for a living. Although I don’t think Ruiz has ever made any money.

That's an absurd statement considering he copied Matt Wolff who just won a pga tour event with an even more unconventional swing.

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @stlouismark said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @jonramz said:

> > > > If you liked his previous stuff, you will like his new site. Very very detailed, definitely did a good job on it. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the wait on the different modules if you signed up to pay monthly (like I did). Not sure if you paid for the year up front if you get access to everything right away

> > >

> > > > @mudge said:

> > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > @stlouismark said:

> > > > > > I like GG a lot although I’m not sure I love his “stock” swing he teaches.....hands way inside, shaft way steep and across the line at top, a slight over the top move from the inside......maybe I’m wrong in that he doesn’t teach this specifically but he swings like that himself, as does his boy Johnny Ruiz....who is kind of a clown imo.

> > > > >

> > > > > GG doesn't have a stock swing, in fact the whole basis of his teaching is there is no such thing as one swing fits all. He works on what players have naturally and creates match ups to get the most out of it.

> > > >

> > > > I could make a strong argument that Ruiz, at a minimum, demonstrates GG's "stock" swing, i.e. if a golfer could do most of GG prefers to see. JR was the demo for GG's video with Me and My Golf, and I recall an IG post where GG showed via 3D or force plates how centered JR turned in the downswing.

> > >

> > > There are pieces of JR's swing that is universal but his takeaway is not GG's stock because he doesn't have a stock takeaway. JR modeled his swing after Matt Wolff. GG did not tell him to swing that way.

> >

> > Ruiz might have the worst swing of anyone who is claiming to play golf for a living. Although I don’t think Ruiz has ever made any money.

>

> That's an absurd statement considering he copied Matt Wolff who just won a pga tour event with an even more unconventional swing.

Wolffs swing is way better. Not really a comparison imo

> @stlouismark said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @jonramz said:

> > > If you liked his previous stuff, you will like his new site. Very very detailed, definitely did a good job on it. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the wait on the different modules if you signed up to pay monthly (like I did). Not sure if you paid for the year up front if you get access to everything right away

> >

> > > @mudge said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > I like GG a lot although I’m not sure I love his “stock” swing he teaches.....hands way inside, shaft way steep and across the line at top, a slight over the top move from the inside......maybe I’m wrong in that he doesn’t teach this specifically but he swings like that himself, as does his boy Johnny Ruiz....who is kind of a clown imo.

> > > >

> > > > GG doesn't have a stock swing, in fact the whole basis of his teaching is there is no such thing as one swing fits all. He works on what players have naturally and creates match ups to get the most out of it.

> > >

> > > I could make a strong argument that Ruiz, at a minimum, demonstrates GG's "stock" swing, i.e. if a golfer could do most of GG prefers to see. JR was the demo for GG's video with Me and My Golf, and I recall an IG post where GG showed via 3D or force plates how centered JR turned in the downswing.

> >

> > There are pieces of JR's swing that is universal but his takeaway is not GG's stock because he doesn't have a stock takeaway. JR modeled his swing after Matt Wolff. GG did not tell him to swing that way.

>

> Ruiz might have the worst swing of anyone who is claiming to play golf for a living. Although I don’t think Ruiz has ever made any money.

> @stlouismark said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @jonramz said:

> >

> > > @mudge said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> @stlouismark said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @jonramz said:

> >

> > > @mudge said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> @stlouismark said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @stlouismark said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > @jonramz said:

> > > > > If you liked his previous stuff, you will like his new site. Very very detailed, definitely did a good job on it. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the wait on the different modules if you signed up to pay monthly (like I did). Not sure if you paid for the year up front if you get access to everything right away

> > > >

> > > > > @mudge said:

> > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > @stlouismark said:

> > > > > > > I like GG a lot although I’m not sure I love his “stock” swing he teaches.....hands way inside, shaft way steep and across the line at top, a slight over the top move from the inside......maybe I’m wrong in that he doesn’t teach this specifically but he swings like that himself, as does his boy Johnny Ruiz....who is kind of a clown imo.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > GG doesn't have a stock swing, in fact the whole basis of his teaching is there is no such thing as one swing fits all. He works on what players have naturally and creates match ups to get the most out of it.

> > > > >

> > > > > I could make a strong argument that Ruiz, at a minimum, demonstrates GG's "stock" swing, i.e. if a golfer could do most of GG prefers to see. JR was the demo for GG's video with Me and My Golf, and I recall an IG post where GG showed via 3D or force plates how centered JR turned in the downswing.

> > > >

> > > > There are pieces of JR's swing that is universal but his takeaway is not GG's stock because he doesn't have a stock takeaway. JR modeled his swing after Matt Wolff. GG did not tell him to swing that way.

> > >

> > > Ruiz might have the worst swing of anyone who is claiming to play golf for a living. Although I don’t think Ruiz has ever made any money.

> >

> > That's an absurd statement considering he copied Matt Wolff who just won a pga tour event with an even more unconventional swing.

>

> Wolffs swing is way better. Not really a comparison imo

Everyone was saying how bad Wolffs swing was for years until he destroyed the NCAA and now won on the PGA Tour. Funny how that works.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

> @bilbry57 said:

> JR won an event on the Mckenzie Tour in Canada I think he finished 3rd on the money list in 2017. He is a very good player

Ruiz hasn’t had much luck this year from the looks of it. 5 Mackenzie tour events, 4 missed cuts and a WD. I hope he can turn it around, I like his swing and always thought he was a good ball striker. That doesn’t always translate in competitive golf though.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

Everyone be aware this isn't a monthly subscription, it's a yearly subscription with the option of paying the balance off monthly, like a loan.

They don't make it that obvious and I only realised after I signed up.

I reached out for clarification on what happens if you sign up, realise its not what you thought and cancel, but I was just told "do your own due diligence before signing up".

That really cheesed me off.

I then asked several questions such as whether George would frequent the forum, whether all content is avaliable right away or if it's drip fed and also whether new content is going to be added through the year.

I got zero response so cancelled. (I was only able to cancel as the content hadn't been accessed yet).

I got burned with ggswingtips, signing up and not getting what I paid for so as much as I like George's stuff and think he seems like a really good guy I'm going to wait until its more transparent / or has more reviews before considering signing up.

I'm really unsure how much involvement he has in this personally.

> @ironcat said:

> Everyone be aware this isn't a monthly subscription, it's a yearly subscription with the option of paying the balance off monthly, like a loan.

>

> They don't make it that obvious and I only realised after I signed up.

> I reached out for clarification on what happens if you sign up, realise its not what you thought and cancel, but I was just told "do your own due diligence before signing up".

> That really cheesed me off.

> I then asked several questions such as whether George would frequent the forum, whether all content is avaliable right away or if it's drip fed and also whether new content is going to be added through the year.

> I got zero response so cancelled. (I was only able to cancel as the content hadn't been accessed yet).

>

> I got burned with ggswingtips, signing up and not getting what I paid for so as much as I like George's stuff and think he seems like a really good guy I'm going to wait until its more transparent / or has more reviews before considering signing up.

>

> I'm really unsure how much involvement he has in this personally.

>

>

Front page:

z0y1r2rn2dgm.png

r2f7z7igfitm.png

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Doesn't get much more straightforward than that.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

I am really considering signing up. But I have a tendency to be too analytical, and thus I’ve had some success recently dumbing everything down. On the one hand, I would absolutely consume everything he puts in this site with zeal. But on the other hand, the last thing I think I really need is more golf swing “theory”.

Hence my hesitation...

> @MPStrat said:

> Not a fan of locking people into online programs at all but it's not like they put this in fine print. 12 month "curriculum" lol

But you kinda have to do that with a new service like this. It's a smart and responsible business practice. I get that people want to "work" the system by signing up for a month and consuming as much as possible then cancel but that's not how good services work.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

I'm a big fan of this new site. $50 is kinda steep but I cancelled my other 2 subscription based instruction accounts to make up for it. Love how it's broken down piece by piece and will not allow you to just skip through the curriculum. Very structured, which I need.

Ping G400 - 8.5 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV X-Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash - 3W - Fujikura 757 TR 

Callaway Epic Flash - 5W - HZRDUS Smoke 

Mizuno MP20 - 4-7 MMC, 8-P MB - Project X LZ

Vokey SM6 - 52/56/60 - DG S200

Evnroll - ER5 

I'm pretty certain the reason he does the monthly subscription like this is because if he were to give you all the info right away and there was no cancellation policy you could sign up for one month and then speed through all the content and then cancel it before being charged the next month. I know I've done this before with subscription sites I wasn't sure about and then cancelled. It's nice for the consumer to have the option but I do understand it's not a great business model for the person providing the content. I'm not signing up only because I feel good with my swing currently and I'm cutting down on "thoughts" but if I were to get this I would probably just buy the whole year up front.

> @J13 said:

> > @stlouismark said:

> > I like GG a lot although I’m not sure I love his “stock” swing he teaches.....hands way inside, shaft way steep and across the line at top, a slight over the top move from the inside......maybe I’m wrong in that he doesn’t teach this specifically but he swings like that himself, as does his boy Johnny Ruiz....who is kind of a clown imo.

>

> GG doesn't have a stock swing, in fact the whole basis of his teaching is there is no such thing as one swing fits all. He works on what players have naturally and creates match ups to get the most out of it.

I would disagree with that..I have followed gg for around 3 years back when redjeep mentioned him. > @J13 said:

> > @MPStrat said:

> > Not a fan of locking people into online programs at all but it's not like they put this in fine print. 12 month "curriculum" lol

>

> But you kinda have to do that with a new service like this. It's a smart and responsible business practice. I get that people want to "work" the system by signing up for a month and consuming as much as possible then cancel but that's not how good services work.

Anything that is new, all copy cat instructors will have YouTube videos on them as the curriculum becomes available so really what the point of signing up?

> @airjammer said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @stlouismark said:

> > > I like GG a lot although I’m not sure I love his “stock” swing he teaches.....hands way inside, shaft way steep and across the line at top, a slight over the top move from the inside......maybe I’m wrong in that he doesn’t teach this specifically but he swings like that himself, as does his boy Johnny Ruiz....who is kind of a clown imo.

> >

> > GG doesn't have a stock swing, in fact the whole basis of his teaching is there is no such thing as one swing fits all. He works on what players have naturally and creates match ups to get the most out of it.

>

> I would disagree with that..I have followed gg for around 3 years back when redjeep mentioned him. > @J13 said:

> > > @MPStrat said:

> > > Not a fan of locking people into online programs at all but it's not like they put this in fine print. 12 month "curriculum" lol

> >

> > But you kinda have to do that with a new service like this. It's a smart and responsible business practice. I get that people want to "work" the system by signing up for a month and consuming as much as possible then cancel but that's not how good services work.

>

> Anything that is new, all copy cat instructors will have YouTube videos on them as the curriculum becomes available so really what the point of signing up?

The reason for signing up is the same reason that people sign up for review courses (of which I have done several throughout my academic career). Sure, all the content you could ever need to know exists out there, in a sense, but is usually tremendously disjointed (like most golf instruction). You pay a premium for a well organized, concise (considering the volume of info) presentation of information that forces you to move through the information in a logical and beneficial manner, thus improving your understanding at the conclusion of the course and even providing you with the tools to better understand your swing as a whole and be able to troubleshoot down the road with smaller bits of information (assuming you actually make it through the entirety of the course and take the time to synthesize things and implement the knowledge as you progress).

Callaway Epic Speed TD LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway Epic Flash 15* and 21* ACCRA CS1 70 M5
Adams Super 9031 23* Nunchuk Xi
Newl Level 902 Forged 5-P Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 50 and New Level M-Type 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
Byron Morgan 612
Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
Snell MTB X

> @airjammer said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @stlouismark said:

> >

>

> I would disagree with that..I have followed gg for around 3 years back when redjeep mentioned him. > @J13 said:

> > > @MPStrat said:

> > > Not a fan of locking people into online programs at all but it's not like they put this in fine print. 12 month "curriculum" lol

> >

> > But you kinda have to do that with a new service like this. It's a smart and responsible business practice. I get that people want to "work" the system by signing up for a month and consuming as much as possible then cancel but that's not how good services work.

>

> Anything that is new, all copy cat instructors will have YouTube videos on them as the curriculum becomes available so really what the point of signing up?

He has students that are across the line, layed off internally rotated, externally rotated, etc. only stock is the passive hands, squat and rotate

> @J13 said:

> > @MPStrat said:

> > Not a fan of locking people into online programs at all but it's not like they put this in fine print. 12 month "curriculum" lol

>

> But you kinda have to do that with a new service like this. It's a smart and responsible business practice. I get that people want to "work" the system by signing up for a month and consuming as much as possible then cancel but that's not how good services work.

I definitely agree that it’s a smart business practice. Obviously GG is free to do business the way he chooses and has been transparent about the terms. IMO the content should be strong and continuous enough to keep people around naturally without locking them in to a year subscription. That’s how the vast majority of golf instructional website subscriptions work.

> @QMany said:

> > @ironcat said:

> > Everyone be aware this isn't a monthly subscription, it's a yearly subscription with the option of paying the balance off monthly, like a loan.

> >

> > They don't make it that obvious and I only realised after I signed up.

> > I reached out for clarification on what happens if you sign up, realise its not what you thought and cancel, but I was just told "do your own due diligence before signing up".

> > That really cheesed me off.

> > I then asked several questions such as whether George would frequent the forum, whether all content is avaliable right away or if it's drip fed and also whether new content is going to be added through the year.

> > I got zero response so cancelled. (I was only able to cancel as the content hadn't been accessed yet).

> >

> > I got burned with ggswingtips, signing up and not getting what I paid for so as much as I like George's stuff and think he seems like a really good guy I'm going to wait until its more transparent / or has more reviews before considering signing up.

> >

> > I'm really unsure how much involvement he has in this personally.

> >

> >

>

> Front page:

>

> r2f7z7igfitm.png

>

Well firstly, it all depends where you look.

Certainly no mention of a 12 month commitment here

.4m484xh2l0rh.jpg

Perhaps the other guy above who has also signed up not realising it's a noncancellable 12 month commitment missed the same information. *shrugs*.

Still don't think it's clear enough.

> @TheMarvelousOne said:

> I'm a big fan of this new site. $50 is kinda steep but I cancelled my other 2 subscription based instruction accounts to make up for it. Love how it's broken down piece by piece and will not allow you to just skip through the curriculum. Very structured, which I need.

Great to hear someone who's signed up - can you possibly provide some insight?

How is the content organised?

How does it enforce you to "not skip" the content?

Can you provide any screenshots?

As I understand it there are video lessons and tests one must complete?

Is the forum active?

Does George chime in?

Is there an opportunity for swing feedback from GG or his assistants?

> @Kevinnz said:

> For the ones who have subscribed AND had lessons with GG in person, will paying $800 to have 2x lessons with him be better than subscribing for $500?

If you know his basics, particularly setup, I don't think there is anything better than in-person lessons. For example, while I understood the "kick-up" from watching his YouTube videos and being on the previous site, I still didn't get it until he is hands-on, you feel what it should be, and have that a-ha moment. But if you don't have the basics down, that will take up some of that valuable two hours.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5