2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

"Screw all y'all haters" seriously??

lanzador49

> @DrivingChamp said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > lol. I say screw haters too. And I’m vehemently against slow play. But I also detest Brooks and his “ IM the new sherif “ schtick. It’s really tired.

>

> He is the new sheriff though

Nah. Has several hundred weeks at #1 to deserve that callout. The old Sherif set the bar pretty high.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @DrivingChamp said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > lol. I say screw haters too. And I’m vehemently against slow play. But I also detest Brooks and his “ IM the new sherif “ schtick. It’s really tired.

> >

> > He is the new sheriff though

>

>

> Nah. Has several hundred weeks at #1 to deserve that callout. The old Sherif set the bar pretty high.

I even think the Deputy Sheriff would agree with that one, even with his new found confidence.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Ohhhh the children !! Goodness. Today’s world will take anyone and make a villain out of them. He’s about as square of a peg as you’ll find. A true nerd In a jocks body. And and people love to hate him. I am not a fan of his. But then more people pile on the more I want to be. You can gauge these situations by how the herd goes. And the herd is usually full of shat.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @PoolPond said:

> and as anyone who's see him in person play a practice round or tournament, you've probably heard how he has one of the most foul mouths out there and could not care less if there's kids, lots of kids, around to hear him.

This just goes to further my point he’s a phony. Running up the cameras smiling, acting like a gee golly ol country boy then repeatedly drops the F bomb for everyone in attendance to hear.

Now I don’t care if guys curse on the course but don’t put a facade that you’re a choir boy scientist.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

> @bladehunter said:

> Ohhhh the children !! Goodness. Today’s world will take anyone and make a villain out of them. He’s about as square of a peg as you’ll find. A true nerd In a jocks body. And and people love to hate him. I am not a fan of his. But then more people pile on the more I want to be. You can gauge these situations by how the herd goes. And the herd is usually full of shat.

I assure you, my kid has heard and seen worse than this in high school. This is harmless and something to get clicks on a site. This is a good kid still finding his way. Being positive doesn't get as many clicks as bringing about "controversy."

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @Ferguson said:

> BD is a brand. Let me repeat that - BD is a brand.

>

> Once you know and understand that, you'll know that it's not "love or hate", it's "take it or leave it."

>

>

>

Agreed. BAD pretending to be this analytical thinker is really no different than Rickie Fowler choosing his wardrobe. It's the image he has created to differentiate himself from the crowd. It's made them both very wealthy as well.

That being said he can be very painful to watch, and I would hate playing with him if I were a fellow pro.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @lanzador49 said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @musclefront said:

> > > Calling someone a hater is a cop out. It’s called a difference of opinion

> >

> > Calling someone a hater is also a sign that the so-called "hater" is probably right.

>

> If there's one thing I hate...it's haters. Don't you hate that?

Don't be projecting your hate on others.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @PoolPond said:

> and as anyone who's see him in person play a practice round or tournament, you've probably heard how he has one of the most foul mouths out there and could not care less if there's kids, lots of kids, around to hear him.

I’m no defender of Bryson by any means, but why does ones language or seeming lack of concern for kids matter? Athletes aren’t meant to be role models. For those that come back and say, “well kids see that and think it’s ok...etc” be the parent/guardian and say, “hey what’s he’s doing isn’t ok, you shouldn’t do that.”

Brysons a weird dude, through friends of mine and my work we’ve crossed paths a couple times and each time I had a slimy feeling talking to him. But if he wants to be a butt inside the ropes than more power to him (swearing or being a jerk).

Slow play I’m a little less likely to defend, although that one where he was hitting a shot from way offline...I kinda understand. Most guys have yardages of everything but once you get that far off it’s the old Pythagorean’s theorem or march it off. He’s not the only one who’s slow by any means, but he loses the benefit of the doubt with all the other ancillary stuff and attention that he loses the benefit of the doubt.

> @BNGL said:

> > @PoolPond said:

> > and as anyone who's see him in person play a practice round or tournament, you've probably heard how he has one of the most foul mouths out there and could not care less if there's kids, lots of kids, around to hear him.

>

> I’m no defender of Bryson by any means, but why does ones language or seeming lack of concern for kids matter? Athletes aren’t meant to be role models. For those that come back and say, “well kids see that and think it’s ok...etc” be the parent/guardian and say, “hey what’s he’s doing isn’t ok, you shouldn’t do that.”

>

> Brysons a weird dude, through friends of mine and my work we’ve crossed paths a couple times and each time I had a slimy feeling talking to him. But if he wants to be a butt inside the ropes than more power to him (swearing or being a jerk).

>

> Slow play I’m a little less likely to defend, although that one where he was hitting a shot from way offline...I kinda understand. Most guys have yardages of everything but once you get that far off it’s the old Pythagorean’s theorem or march it off. He’s not the only one who’s slow by any means, but he loses the benefit of the doubt with all the other ancillary stuff and attention that he loses the benefit of the doubt.

>

>

>

You ask why does one language or seeming lack of concern for kids matter? For me, it has nothing to do with being role models. But rather it comes down to simple common decency and a respect for others. People who are being a butt or being a jerk are exhibiting neither.

• Like 3

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @BNGL said:

> > > @PoolPond said:

> > > and as anyone who's see him in person play a practice round or tournament, you've probably heard how he has one of the most foul mouths out there and could not care less if there's kids, lots of kids, around to hear him.

> >

> > I’m no defender of Bryson by any means, but why does ones language or seeming lack of concern for kids matter? Athletes aren’t meant to be role models. For those that come back and say, “well kids see that and think it’s ok...etc” be the parent/guardian and say, “hey what’s he’s doing isn’t ok, you shouldn’t do that.”

> >

> > Brysons a weird dude, through friends of mine and my work we’ve crossed paths a couple times and each time I had a slimy feeling talking to him. But if he wants to be a butt inside the ropes than more power to him (swearing or being a jerk).

> >

> > Slow play I’m a little less likely to defend, although that one where he was hitting a shot from way offline...I kinda understand. Most guys have yardages of everything but once you get that far off it’s the old Pythagorean’s theorem or march it off. He’s not the only one who’s slow by any means, but he loses the benefit of the doubt with all the other ancillary stuff and attention that he loses the benefit of the doubt.

> >

> >

> >

>

> You ask why does one language or seeming lack of concern for kids matter? For me, it has nothing to do with being role models. But rather it comes down to simple common decency and a respect for others. People who are being a butt or being a jerk are exhibiting neither.

Hmm interesting take...totally different perspective I hadn’t considered!

> @cxx said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > Twitter has reduced the world to middle school.

>

> I'm afraid that's a step up for most.

>

> BD is right, a lot of wankers out there.

These guys just need to shut the thing off.

I mean look at them.

Can you imagine somebody tweeting some whiny stuff to Arnie.

His reply would be to walk over to them and stuff them in their locker ; )

Just shut up and play.

Right?

I mean look at this,

“Y’all can say whatever you want, but we’re having a (expletive) awesome time. So screw all y’all haters, no big deal, I still love y’all even though you hate me.”

If I didn’t know it was a professional athlete, I’d think it was the latest installment in the Taylor Swift vs. Kimye feud.

Although...I like that shake it off song/video (don’t tell anyone ; )

> @yourhonoryourhonor said:

> It kills me to hear a tour player call out a fellow player for “slow play”. Spent the last couple of days at the BMW, they’re all fu!!!ing slow!

Yeah, but Bryson is just now finishing his first round.

PXG 0811X Proto 9*
Ping G30 14.5*

Ping G20 Hybrid 17*
PXG 0317X Gen 2 22*
Ping K15 4 Hybrid

Ping Rapture J-Spec 5 Iron

Ping i5 6 Iron

Ping S59 7-PW
Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*, 58*
Ping Zing 2 BeCu

The point Koepka and the vast majority of tour players are making is there is a rule that says when it's your turn you have 40 seconds to hit the shot. This rule is ridiculously not enforced and the lack of enforcement is making the game brutal to watch for the vast majority of golf fans. To add insult to injury, when players like BD send a screw you message to people asking the rules be enforced and other players be respected that is simply pathetic. Seeing like half the replies on this thread are defending such a selfish, juvenile "screw you" message is beyond bizarre to me and completely irrational.

• Like 1

If Bryson wants all the attention that comes with his scientist shtick (which he does, he's on the cover of a golf magazine with the word "genius" on the front with his picture), he also needs to accept the fact that when things don't go well, there's going to be more attention on him. You can't want to be treated like the 700th ranked player in the world when there's something unflattering about you, but lap up the praise when it's heaped on you.

He and Matt Kuchar came off as completely phony in their recent incidents because they vehemently defended themselves at first and acted like everything was a non-issue, and five minutes later acted like they completely agreed that what they did was a problem (Kuchar the tipping, Bryson to speed up his play). It's PR spin that people roll their eyes at.

I honestly don't believe he feels what he's doing is an issue, which is fine as long as he's actually keeping up pace of play.

I've never been a fan of his, but I don't mind having a few personalities on Tour that I dislike because they're more fun to watch than the guys with zero personality if that makes sense. The same goes for almost all sports.

I’m no Bryson apologist, not by a long shot, but I kind of got a kick out of the video. I do agree with those who said the term “hater” is way overused though.

In the Hoofer

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 10.5° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-X
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X
TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X

Mizuno Pro 225 4i | UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype Utility 110F5

Mizuno Pro 221 5-PW | Project X Rifle 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM9 52°, 56°, 60° | Project X Rifle 6.0

Odyssey Works Tank Versa 2-Ball Fang
Titleist ProV1

> @2over said:

> The point Koepka and the vast majority of tour players are making is there is a rule that says when it's your turn you have 40 seconds to hit the shot. This rule is ridiculously not enforced and the lack of enforcement is making the game brutal to watch for the vast majority of golf fans. To add insult to injury, when players like BD send a screw you message to people asking the rules be enforced and other players be respected that is simply pathetic. Seeing like half the replies on this thread are defending such a selfish, juvenile "screw you" message is beyond bizarre to me and completely irrational.

LOL,, it's recommended, not a rule. And, the entire field is SLOW.. Slower than what the casual and weekend warrior would deem penalty worthy.

FWIW, I've only heard BD curse a few times, and thats since he has started. Never personally seen him live so I can't corroborate his unacceptably vile behavior that most here support,, or heard from a friend of a friend.

And, even the article says his post was tongue and cheek.. Cut the young man some slack..

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

> @Pepperturbo said:

> Critical reasoning doesn't' appear to be a strength of the author of the front page article.

>

> BC said: “I was never on the clock last week, y’all can say whatever you want, but we’re having a fu**ing good time. So screw all y’all haters.”

>

> First, he states what he deems a fact, acknowledgers' what social media people say and then rejects what social media jerks say using his own words. He just defending himself instead of laying down and whimpering like many on social media including authors.

>

> The following message by the author appears as faulty reasoning and an even worse attempt at connecting the dots to lead slow-minded readers to a trough: DeChambeau’s message in the Snapchat video **looks to contradict** the statement he posted to his Instagram account on Monday where he said

>

> BC's statement here is not a contradiction of another statement but an unrelated statement; “I’m constantly trying to improve and I will do my very best to improve my pace.”

Defending him self like before when he laid down and said ya brooks would kick my ass? Ya ok

I think Bryson handled it well and admitted he has to do better and will do better.I also like that he went and told Koepkas caddy to have Brooks come see him and tell him in person his criticisms and not run to the media.Lets not pretend slow play started yesterday. He was verbally abused over the last 2 days and his playing partners realized how bad it was and spoke out. As he was about to hit on 18 some clown kept yelling "youre on the clock" to him non stop. Cops removed the guy

• Like 1

> @lowheel said:

> I think Bryson handled it well and admitted he has to do better and will do better.I also like that he went and told Koepkas caddy to have Brooks come see him and tell him in person his criticisms and not run to the media.Lets not pretend slow play started yesterday. He was verbally abused over the last 2 days and his playing partners realized how bad it was and spoke out. As he was about to hit on 18 some clown kept yelling "youre on the clock" to him non stop. Cops removed the guy

Great point. Tough guy Brooks should be saying these things in private first , face to face. Not hiding behind the media.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > I think Bryson handled it well and admitted he has to do better and will do better.I also like that he went and told Koepkas caddy to have Brooks come see him and tell him in person his criticisms and not run to the media.Lets not pretend slow play started yesterday. He was verbally abused over the last 2 days and his playing partners realized how bad it was and spoke out. As he was about to hit on 18 some clown kept yelling "youre on the clock" to him non stop. Cops removed the guy

>

> Great point. Tough guy Brooks should be saying these things in private first , face to face. Not hiding behind the media.

Wasn't Brooks asked about it? I don't think he ever ran to the media and started trashing Bryson.

Brooks saying he could beat up Bryson was tongue in cheek, as was Bryson's remark. They were on a radio show together. They were laughing about it.