NFL 2019 Season Discussion

touch

> @SecondandGoal said:

> As a Pats fan, I just expect more of the same. 12+ wins, bye in the playoffs, another AFCCG, possibly another SB. Only difference is that the defense will carry the team this time.

>

> Go ahead, hit me with the hate, I'm used to it :)

Agreed altho 11+ wins is more realistic. Doesn't matter since regular season for Pats is only played to determine playoff seeding. Just ridiculous that Pats have been in 9 SuperBowls in Brady's 18 seasons! Defense actually carried the team much of the year last season too, especially in the SB.

> @Ripper212 said:

> > @SecondandGoal said:

> > As a Pats fan, I just expect more of the same. 12+ wins, bye in the playoffs, another AFCCG, possibly another SB. Only difference is that the defense will carry the team this time.

> >

> > Go ahead, hit me with the hate, I'm used to it :)

>

> Agreed altho 11+ wins is more realistic. Doesn't matter since regular season for Pats is only played to determine playoff seeding. Just ridiculous that Pats have been in 9 SuperBowls in Brady's 18 seasons! Defense actually carried the team much of the year last season too, especially in the SB.

The Super Bowl was one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen, especially given how much the rules favor the offense now. Defense actually looks like it might be even better this year. My son covers the team for NESN.com, and he tells me they've been absolutely lock down in practices, better than he's ever seen them in the preseason. Hopefully it carries over to the regular season.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

I have never done a fantasy football league because I think they are dirty. Right? You support a team, but then when its fantasy time, you say screw your heart and go with your wallet.

Well, this year is different, I signed up for a fantasy league and think I am going to dominate. Of course, I don't really know any players, and I will be on the golf course so the computer is going to make my picks, but I feel like good things come to those who are just in it for the banter. I did get two keepers from the guy who dropped out so I kept Todd Gurley and I think the WR from the Texans, so at least I have a couple of guys until next Saturday when the computer fills my roster.

Does anyone else in this thread participate in fantasy football?

I've managed a FF league for 19 years, and play in 2 others. All of them have different formats and scoring which helps break up the monotony. Plus it's a good way to keep connected with friends, and have a little bragging rights. Money is nice, but the most you can win is like 300-400 so nothing major. It does cause unnecessary drama from time to time. I also have a rule as a Cowboys fan to never pick any Redskins - the rest of my leagues are full of Giants and Eagles fans so I never get them anyway.

One thing: Draft from your phone on the course and don't let the computer do it. Especially if it's Yahoo. Unless you want to get a kicker in the 8th round and a defense in the 9th - you'll have very questionable depth.

Interesting, I think the league is run through NFL.com, I suspect that won't change much, but I feel like the amount of money I might win when I am on the golf course is greater than the winnings of the league. I don't fully understand it, so I suspect i am completely donating my money the first time anyway. I am also hoping they take the highest rated player regardless of position as they are available, but thank you for the insight. If I get screwed, I will be pretty sad.

If the league lets you pre-rank your preferences for the draft, do that. That may prevent it from filling the starters first (including K/Def) and then the depth. Also, get to know the point and roster structure - I.E. is it PPR/half point PPR/Standard? Does it have a flex position, start 2 QBs, etc. All of that matters for building/managing a team and draft. Handcuffing Gurley with Henderson probably wouldn't be the worst idea either.

[https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/ ](https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/ "https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/ ")is a solid resource for info.

> @DrOldSchool said:

> If the league lets you pre-rank your preferences for the draft, do that. That may prevent it from filling the starters first (including K/Def) and then the depth. Also, get to know the point and roster structure - I.E. is it PPR/half point PPR/Standard? Does it have a flex position, start 2 QBs, etc. All of that matters for building/managing a team and draft. Handcuffing Gurley with Henderson probably wouldn't be the worst idea either.

>

> [https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/ ](https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/ "https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/ ")is a solid resource for info.

Good news. Because 5 of the 12 can’t make it they are going to re-schedule the draft. I am going to look at this link tho bc I really only read about my team so I can write insipid missives in the golfwrx pick em contest.

Thank you!

Now featuring the goatee for the 2019 season

NFL: Oakland Raiders-Jon Gruden Press Conferencetmvezecepbaq.png

> @Qqq123xx said:

> Josh Gordon reinstated. Hope he makes it. Probably will be tested every hour.

Image may contain: car and text

> @cdnglf said:

> Has Antonio Brown started doing sit-ups in his driveway yet?

Yes.....with another one of his illegal helmets on.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

I'm a big Eagles fan. Fly birds fly. I think they have an amazing season this year with a great backfield and receiving core. Having a healthy deep threat in Desean Jackson helps so much. They have a great duo in TEs as well. One of the best Offensive Lines in the NFL IMO. The defense can be iffy for sure especially in the secondary and linebacking core. I am worried about how good the cowboys will be, but believe the Giants will be horrible and the Redskins won't be too good.

Driver - Titleist Tsi2 10º w/ KBS TD 60 Cat 4

4W - Titleist 917F2 16.5º w/ Tour AD DI 7S

3h - Titleist Tsi2 18º w/ KBS Tour Ptototype 85 S+ 

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-P w/ Modus 120 X shafts

Wedges - Titleist SM8 50, 55, and 60

Putter - Cleveland Classic TA2 milled Long neck 

Ball - Prov1x

> @MountainGoat said:

> I’m watching a pre-season game that’s being attended by literally tens of fans. Owners can’t be making much money on these things. Why have them?

They are like a high school scrimmage now. No one comes and no one really cares unless you are trying to make the team.

Driver - Titleist Tsi2 10º w/ KBS TD 60 Cat 4

4W - Titleist 917F2 16.5º w/ Tour AD DI 7S

3h - Titleist Tsi2 18º w/ KBS Tour Ptototype 85 S+ 

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-P w/ Modus 120 X shafts

Wedges - Titleist SM8 50, 55, and 60

Putter - Cleveland Classic TA2 milled Long neck 

Ball - Prov1x

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, beard and text

I Couldn’t agree more regarding the Brownies, and granted, the last time that I played the game was 25 years ago however we still Played 60 minutes, we still had 11 guys a side, and I found that while we had 5 guys on our defense that would go on to Play on Sundays, with only one being a draft choice(7), he transferred out and Played his final season for an inter-conference rival, lol, we had to have 9-10 of those 11 Playing off of the same page for the better part of the 20-30+ minutes that we were on the field for us to be a force. No one Player, regardless of his ability, team or even opponent, could overcome sloppy or non-existent focus, discipline and TEAMPLAY~

I don’t care if it’s college or the NFL!!.

You think I’m full of s***????

Look at the Stillers the last 3 years, hahaha

3 Players, two of em arguably the best at their position and as far as Ben, well, the only Player that I’d take over him with the game on the line, 80+ to go and under 3:00 on the clock is Tom, and depending on the opponent, possibly Drew.

But Drew needs a half way decent O-line~

Ben???

Hahaha, watch his film from 5-6 years ago when their O-line was a sieve and a rotating tragic comedy of idiots.

The NFL is even more critical as far as a bein a “TEAMPLAY game.”

That being said, I’m curious to see how Cleveland performs over a full 16 game season, not 8 games when they svcked, they were basically out of it, no pressure, nothing to lose or gain, haha

Sorta like makin pars when you’re +10 for the round and outa the tourney??

Who, besides you, even notices or gives a sh**????

Regarding AB, well, I thought that Gruden was brighter than this.

I loved him at Tampa Bay and while my father, who also Played the game through college, reminded me that that was basically Tony Dungy’s team and all that Gruden did was push em the final 5 yards into the end zone, I said “bullsh**,” no way no day no how Tampa Bay EVER gets that trophy without Gruden and to mark his legacy, wait till he does it again!!!!

My dad quietly reminded me shortly after Gruden signed the cancer that is AB out in Oakland that he was still waiting?......

The only locker room in the current NFL that would stand a chance of AB’s cancerous attitude not metastasizing and terminally affecting it is New England, as they not only have a no-bullsh** HC, they have the locker room leaders to take AB, preferably quietly, though I know of three Players not including Tom, who could not so quietly and with physical force if necessary, bounce his scrawny lil b**** a** off of a few lockers to drive home the point that his “look at ME, ME, ME” attitude & approach is not appropriate nor conducive to Patriot football.

Ya see, back under Coach Bill C, the Steelers had 3-4 guys, on BOTH sides of the ball, who would’ve done the locker room dance with AB, however, for some reason, Mikey T never saw fit to bring in a locker room Leader, and when James Harrison exited, that was it, there were zero guys in the locker room who would’ve gladly bounced AB around the room like a basketball to show him the errors of his ways.

You think I’m full of sh**???

Then let’s take a walk back down memory lane when Plex was the most dangerous WR in the game, all 6’6”, 235lbs of him and he was smokin token & jokin in the press about what he did off the field was HIS biz and not the team’s concern??

FF two days after the article ran and ole coach C hadn’t even spoken to him yet, and Plexi was on his knees in the lockeroom, hands over his head pleadin like a lil b*** for James, all 6’, 240lbs of him, to pleeeeease, let him up. Yep, he slammed Plex twice holding onto his t-shirt and driving his clenched fists into his chest, according to someone present, and Plex went to his knees, where he must have had his come to Jesus moment cuz Coach C never did have that talk with him??

Then James, a man of few words, turned, went to his cubicle, and the team moved on and Plex was quiet as a mouse, and amazingly, his production, which was Pro-Bowl level Pre-James, improved to elevating him to one of the top couple of WRs in the game, he ended up signing what at the time was the top FA contract for a WR and while he had always made the impossible to catch acrobatic grabs, he also made the routine look in slants LOOK LIKE impossible to catch acrobatic grabs, and that amazingly ceased with a lil bit of increased focus???

So my novella brings me back to AB and why I lost ALL respect for Gruden for signing him and then fawning over him like AB’s some home coming queen and Grudes is the pimple faced 15yo nerd sitting next to her in class, though this WILL end up costing him his job so I’m good with the move, however aside from AB just splitting that locker room in half and they haven’t even played a game, ??, before he’s done it will be 51 guys on one side of the room and AB on the other.

I also gave Gruden more credit as a football man.

WTF am I talkin about???

Ok, here’s the deal~

As a former Mike ILB(strong side inside for those not familiar), and being a decent though by no means Elite collegiate athlete, I used to watch more film of the opposing offense than any of my coaches, forget my teammates. In doing so I would pick up the opposing offense’s tendencies and specifically those of the Players on my side, including their “tells,” depending on the situation. 95%+ of QB’s, OL, RB’s & WRs had at least one tell, I just had to watch enough film to find it.

Well, AB, Playing eight years with Ben, who as one of THE top-2 or 3 QB’s in the league, worked HIS game around AB’s strengths, NOT the other way around, ie., making AB conform and run the patterns that conformed to Ben’s strengths, though in this case as I will explain, it worked out beautifully cuz both men’s strengths complimented and played into the other’s.

AB & that numbnut erratic head case Carr???

Not so much, lolol

Ya see, AB is most dangerous, strike that, I can’t stand the guy however he might be the best EVER at working the intermediate levels on deeper QB drop back passes, where Ben would drop & move, extend the pocket thus giving AB time to separate and THEN hitting him and then it was off to the races, seeeee yaaaa!!

These Plays require deeper drops, greater pocket movement and AGGRESSIVE throws later in the down.

I’ve only watched 3-4 games worth of stuff on Carr, and aside from being a mental midget, which is the Cocktail of Death when dealing with AB, who, trust me here Gents, the first game that has AB flailing his arms 15-18yds downfield while Carr’s back is to him running for his life(watch Ben, 95%+ of the time when he’s on the run, he’s ALWAYS looking downfield and he still has the arm strength to hit his WR in stride for the end zone race while running for his life!!!) and he doesn’t get the ball???

I can’t wait for that presser???

Carr’s Best throws in the intermediate area seem to be the seam routes, which occur earlier in the down where the ball comes out quicker with him taking the snap, dropping a couple of steps, throwing and if the WR hasn’t separated, isn’t looking, etc., well, tough s***???. You watch a few games from last year and tell me, lolol.

Ironically this is the other Stiller's WR, JuJu Smith-Shuster(please REMEMBER this name?!!!) greatest strength as he has the size, 6’1” 215lbs, strength and speed to break, separate, look & catch and then, well, seeee yaaaa!!!

Gruden got the wrong d@mn receiver???

Ah well, not really as JuJu is still under contract but if you’re not familiar with him or his work, look him up, as along with shortly stepping on stage as THE Man, he will also assume his rightful position as one of the top 2-3 WRs in the game, and his greatest strength is that he seems to be a throwback as for him it’s TEAM first, unlike these human cancers that litter the NFL landscape like AB and Beckham, whose teams won Super Bowls the year before(Stiller’s, 2009) and two years before(Giants, 2012) these cancers hit town, however neither team ever even sniffed the dance following their arrival and All-World INDIVIDUAL seasons.

I know, I know, I’m the king of “it takes 11 to make an offense or defense,” however it only takes ONE individual to have a different “rulebook” than the other 51 Players to destroy a locker room~

ONE☝️

And the Stillers were so blessed as to have TWO of em, Le’Veon being the second???

How’d Mikey T handle em???

Like the b**** WR that he was!!

No team that has AB or Odell lining up wide will EVER get a ring!!!!

That’s the only saving grace in the debacles that are the life & times of the B&B Boys???

Stats?????

Hell, with a few more serious years, AB’s a shoo in for Canton, which turns my stomach and if Baker is the real deal, and I’m gonna wait till the end of this season to give my opinion, then Odell should rack up AB like numbers and get back on track for Canton as he’s 4-5 years younger than Cancer #1.

He too, like AB, is at his best with the deep intermediate zone passes and Mayfield is the prototypical move/extend the pocket/play QB and FWIW, he seems to have a great head(mental game) and if I had to put $$ down, he’s the real deal.

Apologies as I turned a simple novella into a novel?

Hahaha, WTF’s new?

Hey, football was my life for 17+ years and golf only stepped in cuz Pete convinced me that I could no longer try to knock guys out and not end up in jail, lol??

That and I loved chasin blonde golf Pros around?

Oh yea, gonna be a long year for the Black’n Gold~

I say 9-7 at best, which may or may not win the anemic AFC North cuz no way either the Brownies or Stillers get 11, and 10’s a stretch, and if anyone gets to 10, it’s Cleveland.

Whether 9-7 wins the North or they somehow sneak in with a WC, the Stillers will be home celebrating the holidays and the start of the off season with family?

As will the Brownies

Stay well Gents?

RP

• Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

> @touch said:

>

> > @Qqq123xx said:

> > Josh Gordon reinstated. Hope he makes it. Probably will be tested every hour.

>

> Image may contain: car and text

Ah T, I had tears in my eyes???

This is 19th hole HoF material???

Very Nicely Played?

Fairways & Greens 4ever Brother

RP

• Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

> @Forged4ever said:

> > @touch said:

> >

> > > @Qqq123xx said:

> > > Josh Gordon reinstated. Hope he makes it. Probably will be tested every hour.

> >

> > Image may contain: car and text

>

>

> Ah T, I had tears in my eyes???

>

> This is 19th hole HoF material???

>

> Very Nicely Played?

>

> Fairways & Greens 4ever Brother

> RP

Thanks very much King of the Burgh. I very much enjoyed your post above as well Richard. Keep them coming please. For a few years now I have relished many of your "here's the deal " takes on these NFL threads I do each season. You shed great inside juice on all things Terrible Towlie present and past.

Be deadly inside 125 yards sir.

Best,

Touch

Miss this guy on Sundays

Loved me some of the Bus!

Image result for jerome bettis