Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Global Golf Club Inspection Slipping????

jjgottjjgott Members Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
edited Aug 16, 2019 12:12am in Deal or No Deal? #1

Realize this is more of a rant but my last two orders for iron sets have been way off of what was advertised on the website.

Iron Set 1: Ordered a set of Apex Irons (advertised as standard) but showed up with the red paint fill which signifies 2* Flat
Iron Set 2: Ordered a set of Mizuno MMC Irons (advertised as standard) but showed up 1" above standard length.

Both times they immediately offered a return label no questions asked, but the thing that bugs me is they provide a "parcel return" label, basically a reverse FedEx SmartPost, that takes about a week to return to NC from MD. Then you factor in sorting and approval of the return and you're looking at almost two weeks to get a refund.

Wondering if anyone else is getting this level of bad service from Global Golf recently?

Comments

• jeffrey rjeffrey r Members Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Always a bit hit and miss with GG, but all in all, way more hits than misses. It's risky enough buying sight unseen with no photos of what you are getting. Add in lengths, and lie angles and such, and there is margin for error.

A couple of months ago, I ordered the slant Spider X putter, and received the single bend Spider X putter instead (for which they have a separate listing). Especially for the folks who were TM Preowned, a sloppy mistake and waste of time and money, but it is what it is. Sent it back for a refund (which yes, takes some time to process).

But I still think they're a very solid outfit, and I've picked up some great stuff from them. YMMV.

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 13.5* Driver, Aldila Quaranta 50 R
    Ping G400 3 Wood and SFT 5 Wood, Alta CB 65 S
    Ping G400 4 and 5 Hybrids, Alta CB 70 S
    Ping G400 Irons 6-UW, AWT 2.0 S
    Mizuno S18 SW (55/9) and LW (59/9), DG Wedge
    Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter
  • jjgottjjgott Members Posts: 104 ✭✭✭

Yeah, I've bought plenty of stuff from Global Golf/3 Balls and for the most part have been pleased with the price paid and condition received. Just had two bad experiences my last two orders which is why I felt the need to come here and rant lol. Here's hoping the sorting process goes quickly.

• MKYGolferMKYGolfer Members Posts: 9 ✭✭

Super pleased with my recent transaction with GG. Bought "certified preowned" Mizuno 900F and they were brand new in plastic and original box. Even lowered my price when a new coupon code came out the day after my order was placed (at my request). Had never ordered from GG before but very impressed with 1st transaction.

• dcfball88dcfball88 Members Posts: 127 ✭✭✭

Stopped ordering from them a little over a year ago after several of these types of situations in a row. They had been money for years, then after about November/December 2017 I started noticing a difference, really going into early 2018. Conditions were inaccurate, specs inaccurate, prices went up, customer service went down, and for awhile they cooled on discount codes (which seem to have picked up lately). If you’re ok rolling the dice and don’t mind the hassle of return shipping golf clubs, then these guys are for you. If you like to be certain they’re right, better off elsewhere.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file