2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Hey guys, I tried to find a discussion on True Linkswear brand but I'm still having some issues with the new search features. Have any of you been wearing any of the current offerings? I'm thinking of getting some Knits, Originals, or Majors. I know the Originals are the "zero drop" shoe of the bunch. How have the knits held up under playing? I have some pretty big foot roll when I swing, so I worry about them holding up long term.

Also, has anyone come across and good coupon or discount deals anywhere?

Thanks!

I rock the originals. They look great and are pretty comfortable, but lack the cushioning I really like for walking my home course (which is very hilly). Very good shoe otherwise.

WITB:

D - Titleist TSi2

3w - Titleist TSi2

3h - Titleist TSi2

4-9i - Titleist T100s

45*, 49*, 54*, 58* - Artisan Golf

P - Artisan Golf 0117

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

> @Shifty242 said:

> I live in the heat and humidity of central Texas and I'm also considering pair of the Knits. Is there any reason why they wouldn't be a good option in this climate?

I live in Dallas and I have both the Knits and the recently discontinued Outsiders. Regarding the knits- Since most course are Bermuda grass, if it’s really dry and the course doesn’t water well, then the dead grass clippings can really get in between the mesh layers. That can be a pain, but honestly it’s not a huge deal. As long as your course don’t have many spots of surprise water spots, I think you’ll like the knits. If it’s dewy out (not often here), your socks may get wet but they get good airflow.

Today I wore my Outsiders because we’ve been so dry and I didn’t want grass clippings in my socks. Otherwise I really really enjoy the Knits.

To the OP’s question about foot roll in the Knits - I feel like I’m probably similar. My left foot really puts some force into the left (front toward the hole) edge of the shoe. It seems like the sole could rip from the upper at any point. I’ve played probably 10 rounds in them, and have had no evidence that it’s wearing prematurely. I’m about 200 lbs for reference. I’d think you’d be fine if you don’t play in them 5 days a week.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

True's are great shoes. My main pair are Original's but I also own Sensei's and True Motion's. They fit my wide feet and help with balance.

Cobra F8 10.5* UST Attas Coool 7S
Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue 75
Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* DG Spinner
Odyssey Strokelab Seven S
Chrome Soft
Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry

I have a pair of Originals, but really don't wear them. I have been sticking to a prior generation pair of True Tours and a pair of New Balance. Sadly I think my time as a huge True fan is over as the newer models just don't have the width in the forefoot that made the original models so perfect for my feet.

Live in Texas and I wear the the True Knits anytime the course is dry. I have a pair of the whites, and they do get quite dirty after a round, but a quick scrub with soap and a dish towel and they clean up well. It is kind of a pain cleaning them after most rounds, however the breathability and comfort make them worth it for me. In 90+ degree weather they are awesome for the feet, compared to a pair of waterproof leather shows that do not breathe at all....I also wear them to work some. They look good with khaki/chino pants.

They're great shoes. I'm an Original guy(morning golf in Michigan is wet). I own two pairs of knits, nice shoes, I had a great walk around Streamsong in the white knits, The Linksoul's are a great everyday shoe. I don't know if I'll like the fit of the new "sneakers" but I'll buy them, their return policy is fantastic.

I have the Originals in black and Outsiders in grey. Love both and wear them all the time off the course as well. I love how you feel low to the ground with the Originals. You really get the feel of the course if you're walking. Hard to explain but its what I love most about the Originals. After a round though, my feet do start to get tired so I wouldn't walk 36 with the Originals. As for discounts, I haven't seen any around for a while. They do offer black Friday and Christmas deals though.

Titleist 917D2 
Ping G410 Crossover Hybrid 2H 
Ping G Crossover Hybrid 4H
Ping i210 5-UW
Bettinardi H2 303 SS 52-56-60
Bettinardi 2019 Studio Stock 38 

I take the soles out and throw them in the washer then let them air dry on the patio. They come out looking new every time. > @Austincountyag said:

> Live in Texas and I wear the the True Knits anytime the course is dry. I have a pair of the whites, and they do get quite dirty after a round, but a quick scrub with soap and a dish towel and they clean up well. It is kind of a pain cleaning them after most rounds, however the breathability and comfort make them worth it for me. In 90+ degree weather they are awesome for the feet, compared to a pair of waterproof leather shows that do not breathe at all....I also wear them to work some. They look good with khaki/chino pants.

M2 9.5
M2 15
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3
MP18 SC 4-5
MP18 6-PW
SM6 52.8
SM6 56.10
SM6 60.4
2016 Select Newport 2

I’ve never had a big issue with sand or dirt. You will have some but nothing too noticeable. > @jdc944 said:

> Do you have trouble with a sand and dirt getting into the knits? I used to wear tennis shoes for the hot summer rounds until, I just got tired of the sand getting into them.

M2 9.5
M2 15
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3
MP18 SC 4-5
MP18 6-PW
SM6 52.8
SM6 56.10
SM6 60.4
2016 Select Newport 2

2 pairs of knits and a pair of Originals. 1 pair of knits I've had for over a year and while I was living in Hawai'i, wore them twice a week. So I bought another pair so they wouldn't wear out. I was wrong. They're built to last. I've worn them to Disney Land for 3 days and everywhere else a 'not a dress shoe but nicer than tennis shoes' situations. And the Originals are waterproof and butter soft. Probably going to get the Majors next year. Or another pair of Originals.

I picked up some originals and love them. Only thing is as soon as I switched to them i really started struggling hitting it left and a bit heavy at times. My previous pair of shoes, ECCOs have about 22-23 mm sole. these Trues are 6.5mm total. Does it make sense that 16 mm of difference would have that effect on how I'm delivering the club face to the ball? That's about 0.63 inch difference.

> @LoveG said:

> I picked up some originals and love them. Only thing is as soon as I switched to them i really started struggling hitting it left and a bit heavy at times. My previous pair of shoes, ECCOs have about 22-23 mm sole. these Trues are 6.5mm total. Does it make sense that 16 mm of difference would have that effect on how I'm delivering the club face to the ball? That's about 0.63 inch difference.

Yep, you're not alone in that experience.

> @VNutz said:

> Yep, you're not alone in that experience.

Care to elaborate? I just bought a pair of the knits and played my first round on Sunday. They are super comfortable and light, which works really well in central Texas in August. But as LoveG mentioned, I hit a lot of balls left, which is not something I normally do. It could be just me and my temperamental swing, but could it also be the shoes?

> @Shifty242 said:

> > @VNutz said:

> > Yep, you're not alone in that experience.

>

> Care to elaborate? I just bought a pair of the knits and played my first round on Sunday. They are super comfortable and light, which works really well in central Texas in August. But as LoveG mentioned, I hit a lot of balls left, which is not something I normally do. It could be just me and my temperamental swing, but could it also be the shoes?

>

I have no experience with the new knits, but when I've worn Trues in the past my balance has been thrown off by the different height level of the heal. If you change your base it changes your posture ever so slightly from the ground up. Some people don't have an issue with it, some can't adjust. For you I'd chalk it up to just one day and keep trying them to see if it's a trend or not.

> @VNutz said:

> > @Shifty242 said:

> > > @VNutz said:

> > > Yep, you're not alone in that experience.

> >

> > Care to elaborate? I just bought a pair of the knits and played my first round on Sunday. They are super comfortable and light, which works really well in central Texas in August. But as LoveG mentioned, I hit a lot of balls left, which is not something I normally do. It could be just me and my temperamental swing, but could it also be the shoes?

> >

>

> I have no experience with the new knits, but when I've worn Trues in the past my balance has been thrown off by the different height level of the heal. If you change your base it changes your posture ever so slightly from the ground up. Some people don't have an issue with it, some can't adjust. For you I'd chalk it up to just one day and keep trying them to see if it's a trend or not.

Thanks VNutz. I'm reasonably sure it's me, but I'll schedule some range time this week to double-check.

Thanks guys...I definitely feel something different. As soon as I put the clubs down wearing those shoes they felt longer and more heel on the ground. I played 3 times last week in them and I was consistently fighting the left shot. It was starting in a complete different window than I'm accustomed to. I am committed to wearing trues because they help my feet with the wide toe box. I've had a few foot issues that require me to do so. I don't mind bending my lie angles if necessary, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy! I'm definitely a feel player and a little off is noticeable to me sometimes. I'm sure I'll get used to them sooner than later.

> @LoveG said:

> Thanks guys...I definitely feel something different. As soon as I put the clubs down wearing those shoes they felt longer and more heel on the ground. I played 3 times last week in them and I was consistently fighting the left shot. It was starting in a complete different window than I'm accustomed to. I am committed to wearing trues because they help my feet with the wide toe box. I've had a few foot issues that require me to do so. I don't mind bending my lie angles if necessary, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy! I'm definitely a feel player and a little off is noticeable to me sometimes. I'm sure I'll get used to them sooner than later.

I am a proponent of lower drop shoes. The typical shoe is in the 10-12 mm range of drop between the heel and toe/ball of the foot. That may not sound like a lot, but imagine if a room in your house had a 12mm drop. Over a 10’ section of floor, one side would be about 5” higher.

It took me a couple months to transition, but for me I feel like a lower drop shoe puts me in a more balanced, athletic position.

drn92