2019 Titleist T200 irons

GolfWRX

I just got back to the office from an outdoor fitting for the new T Line. I had the best results and ordered a set of T200 4-PW. I will try and give you

guys as much information about my fitting and how I ended up going with T200. Ask any questions if need be.

6 weeks ago I went in for an iron fitting. We tried Apex, Apex Pro, 919 Forged & Tour, 718 Ap2 & Ap3. After a very in-depth and detailed fitting I had the best results with the 718 Ap2 in X100 AMT White. Being that my fitter is world class, he said he wouldn’t sell me clubs or let me pay for the fitting until the new Titleist gear came in for his fitting cart. And with the 718 Ap2 still spinning a bit lower than needed, he wanted to see if any of the new gear would better help in spin.

Today I arrived and it was a very hot day and a slight wind that was in and off the right. He had a T200 in 7i built and ready to test. After some warm ups, lie test and feeling ready to go. We jumped to the area where he has his FlightScope set up. Here are my take aways from my experience:

1. The T200 looks just like the 718 Ap2 at address in terms of top line, size and shape. He even had the 718 Ap2 head out to test against and show me.

2. If I didn’t know already, that the face was forged, I would have thought it was a forged club in terms of feel. I could not tell a difference in feel between the T200 and T100 in terms of forged feeling.

3. There is a little bit of offset, but I didn’t mind it to be honest and it looks a lot less to me, then what I would think for a club with more offset then the T100 and 718 Ap2. It was very easy to set down and sat naturally square at address.

4. The turf interaction was awesome. And that is with Texas summer fairways / course grass.

5. The kicker for me was how impressed I was on toe strikes. My miss on the face is always toe side. My 716 Ap2 where awful on two strikes. I only saw on average 4-5 yard difference in carry distance on toe strikes.

6. Yes, the lofts are jacked, but I guess due to the CG, new tech and all that, my distances where right on par with my current gamers and what I want in a 7i (170-175 carry)

7. The T200 didn’t have that terrible “click” sound I thought the Ap3 had. I had no issues with impact sound the T200 made.

The T100 are a great looking and feeling iron. They are a bit more blade like in shape, offset and size. I would say if you are a CB player and want to game something CB like but have all the new tech and added forgiveness, this would be a club for you to look at. I couldn’t get the T100 to spin enough and toe strikes where still a little to punishing for my liking. The golf hoe in me wants to play t100, but I need clubs that help when the operator isn’t working right. The data was very similar to the 718 Ap2 data from my fitting 6 weeks ago.

My handicap is currently a 7 and I do believe I found a great iron to help with my biggest weakness… iron play. My set make up will be 4 - PW +1/2 1* flat with AMT X100 White.

Swing and ball data averages from my fitting where: 90mph swing speed, 14.5* launch, 6940 spin, descent angle 42.5*, ball speed 119.5 and carry distance 176.9.

As far as the gapping in wedges, I currently have a 50, 54 and 58. As he mentioned, every player has a gap, it just depends on the player and their game. When the new irons come and we do a fit testing, he is going to bend my 50 to a 48 and see if we can help with some of the gapping. If the 50 bent doesn’t work or causes any issues with turf interaction or ball flight issues, he said i might have to order the GW if I want to play a 3 wedge set up.

• Thanks 1

Hi > @msands12 said:

> I just got back to the office from an outdoor fitting for the new T Line. I had the best results and ordered a set of T200 4-PW. I will try and give you

> guys as much information about my fitting and how I ended up going with T200. Ask any questions if need be.

>

> 6 weeks ago I went in for an iron fitting. We tried Apex, Apex Pro, 919 Forged & Tour, 718 Ap2 & Ap3. After a very in-depth and detailed fitting I had the best results with the 718 Ap2 in X100 AMT White. Being that my fitter is world class, he said he wouldn’t sell me clubs or let me pay for the fitting until the new Titleist gear came in for his fitting cart. And with the 718 Ap2 still spinning a bit lower than needed, he wanted to see if any of the new gear would better help in spin.

>

> Today I arrived and it was a very hot day and a slight wind that was in and off the right. He had a T200 in 7i built and ready to test. After some warm ups, lie test and feeling ready to go. We jumped to the area where he has his FlightScope set up. Here are my take aways from my experience:

>

> 1. The T200 looks just like the 718 Ap2 at address in terms of top line, size and shape. He even had the 718 Ap2 head out to test against and show me.

> 2. If I didn’t know already, that the face was forged, I would have thought it was a forged club in terms of feel. I could not tell a difference in feel between the T200 and T100 in terms of forged feeling.

> 3. There is a little bit of offset, but I didn’t mind it to be honest and it looks a lot less to me, then what I would think for a club with more offset then the T100 and 718 Ap2. It was very easy to set down and sat naturally square at address.

> 4. The turf interaction was awesome. And that is with Texas summer fairways / course grass.

> 5. The kicker for me was how impressed I was on toe strikes. My miss on the face is always toe side. My 716 Ap2 where awful on two strikes. I only saw on average 4-5 yard difference in carry distance on toe strikes.

> 6. Yes, the lofts are jacked, but I guess due to the CG, new tech and all that, my distances where right on par with my current gamers and what I want in a 7i (170-175 carry)

> 7. The T200 didn’t have that terrible “click” sound I thought the Ap3 had. I had no issues with impact sound the T200 made.

>

> The T100 are a great looking and feeling iron. They are a bit more blade like in shape, offset and size. I would say if you are a CB player and want to game something CB like but have all the new tech and added forgiveness, this would be a club for you to look at. I couldn’t get the T100 to spin enough and toe strikes where still a little to punishing for my liking. The golf hoe in me wants to play t100, but I need clubs that help when the operator isn’t working right. The data was very similar to the 718 Ap2 data from my fitting 6 weeks ago.

>

> My handicap is currently a 7 and I do believe I found a great iron to help with my biggest weakness… iron play. My set make up will be 4 - PW +1/2 1* flat with AMT X100 White.

>

> Swing and ball data averages from my fitting where: 90mph swing speed, 14.5* launch, 6940 spin, descent angle 42.5*, ball speed 119.5 and carry distance 176.9.

>

> As far as the gapping in wedges, I currently have a 50, 54 and 58. As he mentioned, every player has a gap, it just depends on the player and their game. When the new irons come and we do a fit testing, he is going to bend my 50 to a 48 and see if we can help with some of the gapping. If the 50 bent doesn’t work or causes any issues with turf interaction or ball flight issues, he said i might have to order the GW if I want to play a 3 wedge set up.

Good review!

Did you try any other clubs in the set or just 7 iron? Wondering if the feel of the 7 is the same as 8-pw, even though those clubs don’t have Max Impact technology.

Msands12 - interesting you could not put enough spin on the T100 and the T200 helped. My son had the opposite issue. He spun the CMB and T100 too much and found that the T200 brought the spin down to good #s.

Just goes to show we are all a bit different in how we swing and that forum recommendations, while informative and helpful in getting together a short- list are not definitive!

• Like 1

Ping 430 LST 10.5, Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 65X
Ping 425 17, 19 & 22 deg hybrids,  Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno 923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, DG 105 
Mizuno S23 54 deg wedge

Vokey SM6 60 K wedge
Mizuno IOMI #3 putter

Titleist ProV1x 

Vessel Lux Lite Bag

I just got back from my fitting and the T200 is legit! I don’t know how they did it but I was impressed that I was getting 6900 rpm backspin out of a 30 degree 7 iron. My main concern going into the fitting was that due to the stronger lofts that they were going to be super low spin but not the case! The sound, looks and feel we’re incredible too. If you’re in the market for new irons I would definitely check these out. I’m super pumped and can’t wait for mine to come.

• Like 2

Wow - just hit these and they are really really good. I so far have only hit them against the T100, which were also really good. I would still like to hit the CB and have a fitting in a couple weeks to do that, but will probably go with T200. A strong and solid flight and much better feeling than the AP3. I noticed no real fee difference from the T100.

Been reading more...did not realize that these were literally a whole club strong lofted. I knew they were strong but was not thinking it would end at a 43* PW. Has anyone done a “loft for loft” comparison with the T100? These were definitely a club longer than the T100 for me - but the loft would pretty much guarantee that to be the case. I wonder if it was all loft or if there is anything else to it.

I’m just curious as the two were very similar feeling to me. T200 was maybe a touch more forgiving. But I would love to figure out a loft setup that wouldn’t require a bunch of bending or adding another wedge.

Went to Club Champion yesterday fully expecting to upgrade my AP3s with the T200s. As hard as I tried to make it work, just didn’t feel that much softer to me. Definitely better, but not by that much to justify upgrading. However, after about an hour of trying to make the T200s work, we tried the PXG 0211s and I found the winner. Was so much softer than the T200s. Sound was better and numbers were better too. I’ve been Team Titleist forever, but I bought a set of 0211s with XP Elevate 95 shafts. I also tried the 0311Ps and they were even softer and performed a little better than the 0211s. But too expensive for me.

I just pre-ordered the T-200s today. I got to try the full line on Friday at Edwin Watts and this was the best for my current game (T-100 was WAY too small and unforgiving, and much less distance, while the T-300 was about same distance but with too bulky of a look). T-200 to me felt almost as good as the T-100 but with the distance of T-300. In fact, my average distance was longer on the T-200 than T-300 (im odd, I know), doing avg of 179 on T-200 vs 176 with T-300 and like 161 with T-100.

> @herbert7890 said:

> I just pre-ordered the T-200s today. I got to try the full line on Friday at Edwin Watts and this was the best for my current game (T-100 was WAY too small and unforgiving, and much less distance, while the T-300 was about same distance but with too bulky of a look). T-200 to me felt almost as good as the T-100 but with the distance of T-300. In fact, my average distance was longer on the T-200 than T-300 (im odd, I know), doing avg of 179 on T-200 vs 176 with T-300 and like 161 with T-100.

Were you comparing the same numbered club in each model (i.e. 7i) or comparing the same lofts? T100 lofts are significantly different from the 200s & 300s.

Half the clubs, twice the fun!

> @Tommy56 said:

> > @herbert7890 said:

> > I just pre-ordered the T-200s today. I got to try the full line on Friday at Edwin Watts and this was the best for my current game (T-100 was WAY too small and unforgiving, and much less distance, while the T-300 was about same distance but with too bulky of a look). T-200 to me felt almost as good as the T-100 but with the distance of T-300. In fact, my average distance was longer on the T-200 than T-300 (im odd, I know), doing avg of 179 on T-200 vs 176 with T-300 and like 161 with T-100.

>

> Were you comparing the same numbered club in each model (i.e. 7i) or comparing the same lofts? T100 lofts are significantly different from the 200s & 300s.

Correct, it was the 7 iron for all 3 models, I do know there is a 4 degree diff with the T100 (34) vs T200 (30) but per Titleist, the decrease in loft is necessary to counter the other features that increase ball flight, since they say otherwise the ball would be sky high losing distance. So I'm not scared of Stronger lofts. I also had 49 degrees of descent angle with the T-200s, which the fitter says was perfect for a 7 iron, great stopping power.

> @MyShortGameSucks said:

> > @HackinNut said:

> > > @MyShortGameSucks said:

> > > My son currently plays JPX 919 Tour. Was at Manchester Lane with him today for a full fitting. He hit the T100 with a bunch of different shafts but could not get spin down to reasonable #s. Tried the T200 and it came down to perfect values and descent angles. Shaft was KBS Tour X. Of course I did not realize that the lofts were so darn strong and a 43 PW to 50 deg Vokey transition Is a concern. Regardless he really enjoyed hitting them and liked the feel just fine. Coming from a 919T gamer that shows Titleist have really improved look and feel over the clicky AP3.

> >

> > So you get a 46* Vokey .. 3* gap from the last T200 wedge and 4* gap from the 50* Vokey. Or bend them all so you have 4* gaps.

> > Problem solved

>

> But getting an extra 46 Vokey is another club in the bag he does not have room for. Or am i missing something?

>

>

Depends on the actual fitting. He might find a gapping issue. Pull out a hybrid, 3 iron, or .... I would rather have my gaps closer together in my scoring clubs. Just a thought

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

Just tried these today and ordered a set. Coming from 718 AP2 and was getting a full club better on good swings, and only losing 3-4 yards on mid hits. Came in wanting to like P790 but ended up getting the same numbers but better dispersion with Titleist. I attribute some of that to it being the same shaft I have been playing all summer, but the ball just jumped. I honestly went back and forth between them and 790’s and while the TM’s looked beefier they didn’t go any further for me. The really kicker was partial shots, leaps and bounds more confident with T200. They are super thin looking at address and feel really nice when struck. Nothing like the average AP3 feel, which was only decent went nutted.

> @RyRau said:

> Excited to try these out but the gaps scare me. Currently have a 52 and 58 in the bag. 43pw to 52gw is a little much lol.

There is a built in “approach” wedge in the set at 48 degrees. In fact, that’s the exact setup I was fit to last week and what I intend to order. T300 4i-7i and T200 8, 9, PW(43), and W1(48). Then 52 and 58 Vokey.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

You are spot on. I've been playing the AP2 714's and I've been pretty happy with them. I had a fitting at Manchester Lane 5 weeks ago and the fit me in the T200 5-Gap wedges (48). I've played 4 rounds with the new T200's and they are excellent. Yes, the lofts are stronger so my new 5 iron is 190 vs my old 714 which was about 180. My P wedge is now 130 vs. old 714 which was 120. I now have Driver, 3 wood, 19 degree hybrid, T200 5-Gap wedge. A 52, 56 and 60. I think I need to add my other 23 degree hybrid back in the bag and adjust my 3 wedges down to 2. I may bend the 52 to a 53 and then bend the 56 or 60 to a 58. Any advice msands? others? I'm a 5.5 index. Thanks.

Really surprised to see so many AP2 players going to the new better feeling AP3...I mean T200.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI Black Onyx X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 54.10 S - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> Really surprised to see so many AP2 players going to the new better feeling AP3...I mean T200.

They are crazy different from the old AP3, it’s like looking at an AP2 at address. I got the same numbers as P790 which is a chunkier than the TMB were, literally it shocked me how the ball jumped with the T200. The blade just looks so small but the ball goes so far and straight. I still feel like I have the confidence to knock it down, where the 790 felt clunkier as I think the sole is a little wider.

> @drscott266 said:

> > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > Really surprised to see so many AP2 players going to the new better feeling AP3...I mean T200.

>

> They are crazy different from the old AP3, it’s like looking at an AP2 at address. I got the same numbers as P790 which is a chunkier than the TMB were, literally it shocked me how the ball jumped with the T200. The blade just looks so small but the ball goes so far and straight. I still feel like I have the confidence to knock it down, where the 790 felt clunkier as I think the sole is a little wider.

What I was saying was that it's just surprising to see so many AP2 players move to T200 versus T100. AP2 does seem to sit in the middle of T100 and T200 but it seems that more people are moving to T200. Feel like you'd transition into T100 or just keep your AP2. Guess they just like the size similarities and are sucked into the added distance they are getting. Lofts are 1 deg strong 4-9 T200 vs AP3 as well.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI Black Onyx X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 54.10 S - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > @drscott266 said:

> > > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > > Really surprised to see so many AP2 players going to the new better feeling AP3...I mean T200.

> >

> > They are crazy different from the old AP3, it’s like looking at an AP2 at address. I got the same numbers as P790 which is a chunkier than the TMB were, literally it shocked me how the ball jumped with the T200. The blade just looks so small but the ball goes so far and straight. I still feel like I have the confidence to knock it down, where the 790 felt clunkier as I think the sole is a little wider.

>

> What I was saying was that it's just surprising to see so many AP2 players move to T200 versus T100. AP2 does seem to sit in the middle of T100 and T200 but it seems that more people are moving to T200. Feel like you'd transition into T100 or just keep your AP2. Guess they just like the size similarities and are sucked into the added distance they are getting. Lofts are 1 deg strong 4-9 T200 vs AP3 as well.

I agree with you, I think it’s due to T100 redesign as well. Seems to have gotten slimmer and thinner, great if you like it but I thought the T200 was a major improvement profile wise. AP2 were about as much as I could handle, on off days I got punished more than I wanted. The AP3 offset and chunky backside never sat well to my eye, these literally fixed both of those. Gaining an extra club was a bonus. I think before too long traditional lofts will be gone, and to me that just is what it is. For example the Epic forged 7 iron went 2 clubs longer than my AP2, and it was plenty high and soft... they can get launch conditions without spin now.

> @thevaporz said:

> > @"Cajun Hacker" said:

> > I'm a 15 handicap and play older GI irons now. Is a T200/T300 combo a possibility or should I just look at T300, Ping G410, or Mizuno HM?

> What irons are you currently using? Best advice would be to get fit and try all those irons.

Definitely going to get fit in a month or two. I'll probably lose my GolfWrx card for this, but I play 13 year old Big Bertha, 2006 irons. Just for fun, I play a set of Mizuno MP-32 muscleback blades a couple of times a year. I can hit the 8-PW in the MP-32s pretty well, but it's a bit of a gamble below that.