***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Pizza : what you having on it?

1234568»

Comments

• bscinstnctbscinstnct Members  29567WRX Points: 6,468Posts: 29,567 Titanium Tees

Nice!

This place by us makes a killer one of these. Fresh mozz, sausage and broccoli rabe.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MontanagolfMontanagolf Members  103WRX Points: 41Handicap: 11Posts: 103 Fairways

That is making me hungry

Posted:
  • padgetpadget Members  616WRX Points: 123Posts: 616 Golden Tee

I like a simple bacon and black olive pizza.

My wife always orders a Mexican pizza extra crispy at the local Rio Chico. Does that count? Basically a fried tortilla with everything you would imagine a Mexican pizza would have on it.

Posted:
  • BrocksMillsFinestBrocksMillsFinest South CarolinaMembers  7WRX Points: 11Posts: 7 Bunkers

Im simple, meat lovers and a cold miller lite

Posted:

Callaway Rogue 9.5* Hzrdus black 75g X
    Titleist 718 T-MB 2 iron
    Callaway Big Bertha OS 4 hybrid 24*
    Callaway Apex 16 5-AW, DG X100
    Callaway Mackdaddy PM grind 56,60
    Odyssey Stroke lab #3

• Ski5280Ski5280 Denver, COMembers  81WRX Points: 39Posts: 81 Fairways

I’m into all the meats on mine. Recently had a Detroit style pizza, and man was that amazing. Try to find a place near you that has them if you can.

Posted:
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandUnregistered  2810WRX Points: 1,397Posts: 2,810 Titanium Tees

On -, @bscinstnct said:

Nice!

This place by us makes a killer one of these. Fresh mozz, sausage and broccoli rabe.

Excellent crust!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • PulledabillPulledabill Members  460WRX Points: 72Handicap: 6Posts: 460 Greens

Pepperoni and pineapple is my go to most of the time. Taco pizza is tough to beat as well. When I was in NY, I really fell in love with what I think was a "red/white" slice. Most places were really good, some not so much, and some were exceptional. We ate at least a slice or two a day for 6 days.

Posted:
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members  29567WRX Points: 6,468Posts: 29,567 Titanium Tees

On -, @MountainGoat said:

On -, @bscinstnct said:

Nice!

Excellent crust!

Funny, I went last night but I got a calzone with the sausage and broccoli rabe. Thing is the size of a deflated football ; )

Posted:
  • DrewBallinDrewBallin Members  113WRX Points: 58Posts: 113 Fairways

I'm a meat lovers pizza guy on a thin crust. A nice dark stout beer is usually there to help wash it down also.

Posted:
    In my Cobra King stand bag

driver-- Cobra King LTD with ust elements fire x-stiff shaft
    hybrids-- Cobra F6 2/3 & 3/4
    irons-- Cobra cb/mb 3-pw KBS c-taper 120 shafts
    wedge-- Cobra tour trusty 56*
    putter-- MLA tour mallet
  • DGenerickDGenerick Members  8WRX Points: 7Posts: 8 Bunkers

I love pizza with chicken and pineapple.

Posted:
  • sford31sford31 Members  42WRX Points: 26Posts: 42 Bunkers

Sausage and onion. Deep dish. Chicago Native. I basically like my pizza to be just a huge hunk of melted cheese.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • PappyVanWinkle53PappyVanWinkle53 Members  528WRX Points: 271Handicap: 2.8Posts: 528 Golden Tee

I just commented on a "fasting" thread, as I'm going to kick off weeklong fast to detox from another bad weekend of eating/drinking.....then I come across this thread!! Dang it, now I want a pizza!!

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Speedback 9 degree (set to 8), Oban Devotion 7 X
    Titleist 910F 15 degree (set to 14.25), Diamana 'Ahina 82
    Mizuno CLK 16 degree hybrid, Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB
    Titleist T200, Aerotech SteelFiber i110 Taper 4-AW
    Vokey SM7 54 degree & 60 degree
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8 putter
    ​Titleist Pro-V1
  • altess27altess27 Northern MN Southpaw Members  887WRX Points: 108Posts: 887 Golden Tee

My favorite is from a local pizza place in Duluth, MN. It's a really thin crust with Italian sausage, onions and green peppers. For a drink, I'm almost always having a beer.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade Original One Mini w/ PX HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.5

5 Wood: TC Callaway XR 16 w/ PX HZDUS Black 85 6.5

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 w/ True Temper DG X100

Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5 w/ True Temper DG S400

Putter: Odyssey Black Series Milled #1

On -, @altess27 said:

My favorite is from a local pizza place in Duluth, MN. It's a really thin crust with Italian sausage, onions and green peppers. For a drink, I'm almost always having a beer.

Nice. I grabbed a plain slice to go and ate it standing outside the pizza parlor this weekend. Haven't done that in a while.

And now, I just had a flashback, been years since I had one but.....next time I get slice, I'm getting a

Posted:
  • CaddiesFaultCaddiesFault Golf Professional Members  867WRX Points: 144Handicap: -Posts: 867 Golden Tee

Should make this a poll instead: add all normal toppings and you can select as many as you want.

I like classic pepperoni w/ fresh mozz and provolone. Sometimes ill do a form of Hawaiian to mix it up. NY style, foldable with big crust and a robust, even spicy sauce. Lots of sauce...toursauce

Posted:
    Callaway
  • CaddiesFaultCaddiesFault Golf Professional Members  867WRX Points: 144Handicap: -Posts: 867 Golden Tee

On -, @One_Putt_Blunder said:

(Quote)

We've got a Lou Manatis here in PHX now deep dish straight out of Chicago. Place is packed every day. I just don't get deep dish pizza though

I live in the Chi. Lou Malnatis is my go to deep dish and its delicious but I prefer the NY fold tbh. Im just an implant here so dont hate!

Used to live in Scottsdale too. Near Tatum & Greenway. Wheres the Malnatis at down there? Portillo's expanded out there too. I remember one being built while I was there in '13-14

Posted:
    Callaway

Advertisement
  • i10ki10k 50ish miles North of LondonMembers  12WRX Points: 53Handicap: Being left-handed...Posts: 12 Bunkers

Anything but pineapple.

Posted:

In my old (2008) Ogio Edge bag:

Mizuno JPX850 Driver, stock shaft
    Titleist 915F, 15* Oban Kiyoshi Purple
    Ping G30 Hybrid, 19*
    Srixon z565/765 combo set; 4-6, 7-P
    Mizuno MP-T10 wedges, 52/56/60
    Odyssey White Hot #2 CS

• mshillsmshills On golf hiatus. Auto accidents suck. Pittsburgh, PA — South HillsMembers  3889WRX Points: 200Handicap: ?Posts: 3,889 Titanium Tees

Lower quantity of high quality toppings for me. I'm usually a single-item guy but that rapini, sausage, and mozz pic is absolutely off the chain -- that looks great.

I like just about anything though. Killer crust, bufala mozz, and some high quality anchovies and I will make that pie disappear. :smiley:

Posted:
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather
  • DoubleDropsDoubleDrops Members  85WRX Points: 30Posts: 85 Fairways

I'm a meat lovers kinda guy. I prefer lots of sausage and ham. Not too crazy about pepperoni

Posted:
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members  2089WRX Points: 851Handicap: ~9Posts: 2,089 Platinum Tees

Posted:

"I challenge, transform, and instill confidence in young men through the life lessons learned from the game of golf."

Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black / SC Futura Phantom
    Titleist ProV1
    Titleist Hybrid 14
    Clicgear 4.0

In NY so there's pizza on every block...sometimes two places per block, lol. There's a place near me that's been there for like 50 years, it's not even that good, sauce is a bit sweet, but I try to give them some business, it's not a bad slice.

Lately, I have them slice up a meatball and throw it on then put it in the oven. Nice snack!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.