Brooks Koepka and the his lack of respect

wombat_vortex

> @BLF0901 said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > @TomBomb51 said:

> > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > @golfandfishing said:

> > > > > > Brooks is a fake tough guy d bag. He gets plenty of respect for his golf abilities, but no one over the mental age of 14 cares about Instagram so it’s not surprising the golf media ask him a few questions then move on to the guys with personalities for storylines.

> > > > > This is where I fall. I usually don't get involved with the "personal" aspect of golfers, but something just rubs me the wrong way about this guy. His golf is off the charts good, and I suppose that's where it should end. I will say this, people bashed Tiger for not giving the media much and Brooks is pretty much the same way. This doesn't bother me as much as his "I don't give an F" attitude on the course. The results are there, but for me, he just comes across as hard to root for. I don't root against anyone, but I'm not falling over myself for the guy.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > This is how I feel about Tiger. I realize this is a Brooks thread, but I had to chime in since you mentioned Tiger. I can't get behind someone like Tiger also for the "personal" aspect. The dude cheated on his wife with strippers and pee'd on them. Talk about disrespectful...The guy is barely human and was raised as a robot, how can some people hate on Brooks for his wacky personal choices, but not hurtful to anyone, but slob all over Tiger when he's one of the biggest POS's on tour?

> > >

> > > Never mind the way he strolled past autograph seeking kids like they weren't there and was notorious about stiffing people on tips even though he was worth nearly $1b. Tiger was a jerk and had one of the most manufactured personalities in professional sports, but these guys complaining about Brook's lack of personality were no doubt fawning all over Tiger.

> >

> > People "fawning" over TW "manufactured personality" cause he be like,

> >

> >

> > oku272noxm56.png

> >

> >

> > mdcc0fnt66mr.png

> >

>

> The people we root for say a lot about who we are....you strike me as the type that roots for the house in blackjack.

Yes, all these folks are “bad seeds” too ; )

> @"Kid Bro Sweets" said:

> > @playar32 said:

> > Brooks is a big gamer hunter, a mans man, masculine, aggressive.

> > People don't want that in this day and age.

>

> Also they feel threaten by that.

lol ... good grief ... ya'lls definition of manliness/masculine is someone who talks to the media and says what's on his mind (when it's mostly "they don't respect me")? ... "masculine and aggressive"? ... brooks is a well fed burb boy who's good at golf ... that's about as alpha as a pet turtle ...

• Like 1

> @TomBomb51 said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > > @golfandfishing said:

> > > Brooks is a fake tough guy d bag. He gets plenty of respect for his golf abilities, but no one over the mental age of 14 cares about Instagram so it’s not surprising the golf media ask him a few questions then move on to the guys with personalities for storylines.

> > This is where I fall. I usually don't get involved with the "personal" aspect of golfers, but something just rubs me the wrong way about this guy. His golf is off the charts good, and I suppose that's where it should end. I will say this, people bashed Tiger for not giving the media much and Brooks is pretty much the same way. This doesn't bother me as much as his "I don't give an F" attitude on the course. The results are there, but for me, he just comes across as hard to root for. I don't root against anyone, but I'm not falling over myself for the guy.

> >

>

> This is how I feel about Tiger. I realize this is a Brooks thread, but I had to chime in since you mentioned Tiger. I can't get behind someone like Tiger also for the "personal" aspect. The dude cheated on his wife with strippers and pee'd on them. Talk about disrespectful...The guy is barely human and was raised as a robot, how can some people hate on Brooks for his wacky personal choices, but not hurtful to anyone, but slob all over Tiger when he's one of the biggest POS's on tour?

I can't like this post enough.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > > @TomBomb51 said:

> > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > @golfandfishing said:

> > > > > Brooks is a fake tough guy d bag. He gets plenty of respect for his golf abilities, but no one over the mental age of 14 cares about Instagram so it’s not surprising the golf media ask him a few questions then move on to the guys with personalities for storylines.

> > > > This is where I fall. I usually don't get involved with the "personal" aspect of golfers, but something just rubs me the wrong way about this guy. His golf is off the charts good, and I suppose that's where it should end. I will say this, people bashed Tiger for not giving the media much and Brooks is pretty much the same way. This doesn't bother me as much as his "I don't give an F" attitude on the course. The results are there, but for me, he just comes across as hard to root for. I don't root against anyone, but I'm not falling over myself for the guy.

> > > >

> > >

> > > This is how I feel about Tiger. I realize this is a Brooks thread, but I had to chime in since you mentioned Tiger. I can't get behind someone like Tiger also for the "personal" aspect. The dude cheated on his wife with strippers and pee'd on them. Talk about disrespectful...The guy is barely human and was raised as a robot, how can some people hate on Brooks for his wacky personal choices, but not hurtful to anyone, but slob all over Tiger when he's one of the biggest POS's on tour?

> >

> > Well, public embarrassment can bring about a change in people. His issues finally came to a head and he HAD to change. Tiger is well liked on tour who had demons he had to wrestle and growing up to do. When no one tells you "no" bad things happen. That's just true in life. We have many touring pros come through our doors and they all respect and like him; they always have. They acknowledge he was harder in the past and now he's WAY more personable. And lets be honest, to think TW was the only one unfaithful is misguided thinking. He's just the highest profile. That and addictions made him grow up an reevaluate life. Touring pros rallied around him when he was spiraling downward. POS's don't get that treatment and consideration if they're truly that way.

> >

> > Now back to Brooks...

>

> Plus, anecdotally, I've noticed that people who call TW a "POS" for his personal life never liked him before that all happened.

>

> As far as BK, I like him. He does his work, plays fast, doesn't complain, seems like a good guy all around.

He was my second favorite player.

> @b2bbirdies said:

> was tiger that charimastic?

It's not about charisma. His lack of charisma gets targeted, but it's much more his projected lack of love for the game of golf. If he hadn't painted himself with that brush, people wouldn't care about his lack of charisma much at all. Tiger lived, loved and breathed golf his entire life. That trumps charisma all day long unless you're in the "people that commit adultery should be executed camp" or that other camp I won't mention.

> @tiderider said:

> > @"Kid Bro Sweets" said:

> > > @playar32 said:

> > > Brooks is a big gamer hunter, a mans man, masculine, aggressive.

> > > People don't want that in this day and age.

> >

> > Also they feel threaten by that.

>

> lol ... good grief ... ya'lls definition of manliness/masculine is someone who talks to the media and says what's on his mind (when it's mostly "they don't respect me")? ... "masculine and aggressive"? ... brooks is a well fed burb boy who's good at golf ... that's about as alpha as a pet turtle ...

Lol. Yep. And he’s proven it now with his fashion wokeness and his picture spread .... he’s further from alpha than Kevin Na.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @golfandfishing said:

> Brooks is a fake tough guy d bag. He gets plenty of respect for his golf abilities, but no one over the mental age of 14 cares about Instagram so it’s not surprising the golf media ask him a few questions then move on to the guys with personalities for storylines.

Not to be rude, but why do you have to use such foul language to describe him? It doesn't do your argument much good.

> @BLF0901 said:

> > @"Big Ben" said:

> > I can’t get around Brooks he’s about as charismatic as a pet rock. Guy has game though no doubt about it.

>

> Why does _charisma_ matter? The guy isn't a jerk and he plays damned good golf. Shouldn't that be what a fan looks for in an athlete?

I’ve always enjoyed the chivalry in golf. I played HS and College sports so understand the athletes perspective. I’m not saying Brooks is a jerk, he just doesn’t seem to have fun. He’s very robotic.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I think it says less about Brooks and more about the state of the tour these days. People want Brooks to be more dynamic and fun because it is lacking on tour. We don't have the characters out there anymore. From crazy swings like Furyk, slicing the air like Chi Chi, Grip it and rip it like Daly. It seems like, in the past, there was a golfer that everyone could relate to or enjoy watching. Now mostly all fit the same mold, play the same game, do the same things.

Yes you don’t hardly see the kids come out to the golf course driven by their parents or their friends in a beat up car, and a old set of clubs, It’s 16 and 18-year-old kids coming to the golf course and the newest Ford pick up with a 10 inch lift kit or the new Mustang.

the only reason that I would want to be a kid in these times, is because if you’re a kid that loves the game of golf everything is given to you pro bono.

I’ve been out of the golf business for a long time now and admittedly am detached from the game at that level - can you elaborate on every kid getting everything pro bono? Do you mean from manufacturers? The top of the AJGA types get some free equipment, but the vast majority of kids (or their parents) that say they have equipment deals mean that they found some stuff on sale, their club pro gave them some old demos or they know the local rep who gave them a dozen balls and a couple of gloves. If you mean the First Tee gives them stuff for free, you are correct but it’s not exactly an incredible program with top of the line facilities, instructors and equipment. It’s basically Goodwill for junior golf (Goodwill provides career counseling, supplies, etc but the quality is extremely basic), it’s serviceable but the preference is to not have to use it. The First Tee has not matured like the founders had envisioned and if it were not an act of PR suicide I think a lot of organizations would end their support.

Is there some resource that has become available over the last ten or so years that provides everything pro bono for any kid that just loves golf?

> @JerryTBall said:

> Yes you don’t hardly see the kids come out to the golf course driven by their parents or their friends in a beat up car, and a old set of clubs, It’s 16 and 18-year-old kids coming to the golf course and the newest Ford pick up with a 10 inch lift kit or the new Mustang.

> the only reason that I would want to be a kid in these times, is because if you’re a kid that loves the game of golf everything is given to you pro bono.

Instead of a wall of text let me just back up ok and eliminate the word All. You’re talking to a guy who played high school golf in early ‘70’s. In Michigan, that’s all there was then, buses and vans did not take us to course, we bought all our own clubs, balls, bags, discount green fees. Even events we got rides from parents or buddy. I’m just saying kids these days have it made and if you’re lucky enough to live around East Lake, wow. In short it’s a great time for a kid if you love Golf .

> @JerryTBall said:

> Yes you don’t hardly see the kids come out to the golf course driven by their parents or their friends in a beat up car, and a old set of clubs, It’s 16 and 18-year-old kids coming to the golf course and the newest Ford pick up with a 10 inch lift kit or the new Mustang.

> the only reason that I would want to be a kid in these times, is because if you’re a kid that loves the game of golf everything is given to you pro bono.

Those kids would be a lot cooler if they drove a Silverado or Camaro..just sayin.

> @tw_focus said:

> BK is a true champion, anyone who doesn't respect him doesn't respect golf. He's no TW as far as charisma, but who is? I'd rather watch BK play than 98% of golfers on tour.

I’m a lover of the game , I can watch anything about the history of this great game. , for hours. and I wouldn’t walk across the street to shake hands with him. It’s like the shallow Hal movie. Brooks really looks like a well weathered 70 year old chain smoker. You can see it in his attitude. He doesn’t even respect his lady friend. And she’s too dumb to see it and/or care.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"Big Ben" said:

> I think Rory is a good example of a likable guy who’s honest and relates to the fans.

You're correct that Rory is a likable guy, but he's caught a ton of flak the last few years because his results haven't been up to some people's expectations. Koepka, whose results have been up to expectations, still has caught flak because he doesn't measure up to some perceived personality bar that people who don't really know him have set.

> @golfandfishing said:

> I’ve been out of the golf business for a long time now and admittedly am detached from the game at that level - can you elaborate on every kid getting everything pro bono? Do you mean from manufacturers? The top of the AJGA types get some free equipment, but the vast majority of kids (or their parents) that say they have equipment deals mean that they found some stuff on sale, their club pro gave them some old demos or they know the local rep who gave them a dozen balls and a couple of gloves.

The son of a good friend of mine is a top 50 AJGA golfer. He doesn't pay for any equipment or apparel. He has the gear of a particular golf equipment company coming out of his ears. And when he goes to prestigious events like the Wyndam Cup, the kids are showered with swag from all sorts of golf equipment companies.

I don't know how it is for non-elite amateurs, but the top ones are well taken care of.

The below is exactly what I described. 50 top junior golfers represents about .00003 of junior golf participants.

> @Im_A_Savage said:

> > @golfandfishing said:

> > I’ve been out of the golf business for a long time now and admittedly am detached from the game at that level - can you elaborate on every kid getting everything pro bono? Do you mean from manufacturers? The top of the AJGA types get some free equipment, but the vast majority of kids (or their parents) that say they have equipment deals mean that they found some stuff on sale, their club pro gave them some old demos or they know the local rep who gave them a dozen balls and a couple of gloves.

>

> The son of a good friend of mine is a top 50 AJGA golfer. He doesn't pay for any equipment or apparel. He has the gear of a particular golf equipment company coming out of his ears. And when he goes to prestigious events like the Wyndam Cup, the kids are showered with swag from all sorts of golf equipment companies.

>

> I don't know how it is for non-elite amateurs, but the top ones are well taken care of.

>

> @widow-maker said:

> > @"Big Ben" said:

> > I think Rory is a good example of a likable guy who’s honest and relates to the fans.

>

> You're correct that Rory is a likable guy, but he's caught a ton of flak the last few years because his results haven't been up to some people's expectations. Koepka, whose results have been up to expectations, still has caught flak because he doesn't measure up to some perceived personality bar that people who don't really know him have set.

>

And which player would you rather ride with? Me, I’m down with Rory.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @"Big Ben" said:

> > @widow-maker said:

> > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > I think Rory is a good example of a likable guy who’s honest and relates to the fans.

> >

> > You're correct that Rory is a likable guy, but he's caught a ton of flak the last few years because his results haven't been up to some people's expectations. Koepka, whose results have been up to expectations, still has caught flak because he doesn't measure up to some perceived personality bar that people who don't really know him have set.

> >

>

> And which player would you rather ride with? Me, I’m down with Rory.

That’s a great point. I hadn’t considered that angle. I’d chose Rory too.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > @widow-maker said:

> > > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > > I think Rory is a good example of a likable guy who’s honest and relates to the fans.

> > >

> > > You're correct that Rory is a likable guy, but he's caught a ton of flak the last few years because his results haven't been up to some people's expectations. Koepka, whose results have been up to expectations, still has caught flak because he doesn't measure up to some perceived personality bar that people who don't really know him have set.

> > >

> >

> > And which player would you rather ride with? Me, I’m down with Rory.

>

> That’s a great point. I hadn’t considered that angle. I’d chose Rory too.

They both be boring.

I ride with

Angel Cabrera!

Looks like he be likin some stogies, flask o scotch and some Italian combo sangwiches

And that’s before the round ; )