GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE

Made a 1 footer on 18 for bogey and a 79 (first time breaking 80)... what are your milestones?

Comments

• tonypizzletonypizzle Members  83WRX Points: 39Posts: 83 Fairways

grats to all the posters on your milestones. always great to hear stories of accomplishments.
    i recently reached a personal milestone and shot under par for the first time. i finished -1 for the round. i was somehow -3 after the front and managed my way through some errant 2nd shots on the back nine to finish -1. although i had a chance at birdie on 18 but played slightly too much break. hoping i can continue this play for the rest of the year!

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SecondandGoalSecondandGoal South Shore MAMembers  462WRX Points: 263Handicap: 10.3Posts: 462 Greens

Had my first sub-80 round in 25 years about a month ago, shooting a 77 on a par 70 course much easier than my home course. Saturday I finally broke through on my home course with a 79. Shot 40 on the front, and was playing well. Bogeyed the first 4 holes on the back, figured oh well, that's that. Proceeded to birdie 14 and par the rest to shoot 39 on the back. 17 and 18 are longer par 4's (392 and 422 respectively). Both holes, ripped my drive into the woods but had a good angle to advance the ball out. Both times got it within 75 yards of the green with a hooded 4 iron, both times hit a lob wedge inside a foot for tap in pars. Proceeded to shoot a 91 on Sunday, but we don't need to discuss that.

My other goal coming into the year was to get my index down to single digits. Started the year at 13.2, had 7-8 weeks (covering 30-40 rounds) in the spring of really bad golf that ballooned it to 15.3 on 6/15. I've been playing really well lately (and I play a LOT, averaging at least 5 18-hole rounds per week), and as long as I don't screw the pooch between now and Saturday, I'll get down to single digits - current cap is 10.3, trending cap is 9.0.

Posted:
  • McgeenoMcgeeno Members  2248WRX Points: 334Handicap: 1.9Posts: 2,248 Platinum Tees

I'm sill chasing scratch thats my long term goal. I'll share my one and only milestone. The only time I have broken down and cried as an adult. Its lame I know but it was my first real tournament win as a grown **** man.

The long story short: My mom asked me to win her a trophy before she passed of cancer. Looking back I know that she probably knew she wouldn't get to see it. Cancer is a tough and brutal one. It was just her way of motivating me to keep playing instead of moping or being depressed. I've posted before but the first few years getting back into competitive golf I could barely put a tee in the ground I was so nervous. I'm ashamed to admit I was literally drinking fireball in a parking lot before tee off so I could get drunk enough to not care. It was sad and I'm not proud of it.

However: I won my first club championship in September of 2015. My mom had passed in July a few months prior. I'm not spiritual or anything but it was a weekend right out of the cheesiest movie you could picture. Golf was my therapy for that year or two and it all clicked for me on the right weekend. I took down the guy at my club who had won 9 of the 15 club championships. I couldnt miss a putt. Just calm and composed the entire time. I remember waking up the Saturday of day one and knowing I was gonna be there at the end.

I shot a 67 on the final day to come from behind as a 3-4 handicap at the time. Career tournament low by a MILE. Only time I've gone under par in a tournament . I definitely enjoy the memory a lot more now than I did that day. Wept like a baby in the parking lot for a good 10 minutes haha but I wear that one like a badge of honor.

Posted:
  • Big BenBig Ben Members  9353WRX Points: 523Handicap: 5Posts: 9,353 Titanium Tees

Well done! My personal low round of 67 and haven’t sniffed it since.

Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • Johnny BiarritzJohnny Biarritz Members  536WRX Points: 110Handicap: 2Posts: 536 Golden Tee

On -, @davep043 said:

Congratulations to everyone who has posted, every milestone is great. For me, I remember the first time breaking 80. I was in grad school at NC State about 40 years ago, and shot 78 at Cheviot Hills (now a housing development). I mentioned it to the pro when I was done, and he said "Be sure to read the paper tomorrow". Sure enough, he got my personal best a line in the local golf section, I wish I had thought to save it. I can remember my first time under par, in a casual round, I can remember my personal best in competition (70, -2) in a Senior Club Championship about 5 years ago, and my only time under 70 (-2 69 at Talamore in Southern Pines).

Couple things: Have you tried to look on newspapers(dot)com for the story in the N&O? I feel sure it's on there. Might take a bit of time to find it, but not that long. Also, Cheviot Hills isn't housing...it's car dealerships, and I really think that's a sadder outcome. I was living in Raleigh when it shut down. Shut down quick, like they signed the papers and I believe it shut down within a week or 10 days. It shut down so quick that I know they had times booked out beyond the closing date... But for the money that was allegedly paid for that land...I'd have shut down quick too.

Posted:
  • MignuzMignuz Members  144WRX Points: 72Handicap: 3Posts: 144 Fairways

Milestone: I broke par for the first time 5 years ago,shot a -2 70 with 3 birdies and 1 bogey.
    I shot under par -1 71 a couple of weeks ago, with 6 birdies, 3 bogeys and a double.
    My goal is to shot in the 60s and that day I was so close, counting a stupid double bogey with 3 putts and the fact that I played horrible golf with drive/irons. Fortunately, I shot 25 putts (counting the 3 putt!): I wasted the perfect putting day.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers  600WRX Points: 247Handicap: 8Posts: 600 Golden Tee

On -, @Johnny Biarritz said:

On -, @davep043 said:

Congratulations to everyone who has posted, every milestone is great. For me, I remember the first time breaking 80. I was in grad school at NC State about 40 years ago, and shot 78 at Cheviot Hills (now a housing development). I mentioned it to the pro when I was done, and he said "Be sure to read the paper tomorrow". Sure enough, he got my personal best a line in the local golf section, I wish I had thought to save it. I can remember my first time under par, in a casual round, I can remember my personal best in competition (70, -2) in a Senior Club Championship about 5 years ago, and my only time under 70 (-2 69 at Talamore in Southern Pines).

Couple things: Have you tried to look on newspapers(dot)com for the story in the N&O? I feel sure it's on there. Might take a bit of time to find it, but not that long. Also, Cheviot Hills isn't housing...it's car dealerships, and I really think that's a sadder outcome. I was living in Raleigh when it shut down. Shut down quick, like they signed the papers and I believe it shut down within a week or 10 days. It shut down so quick that I know they had times booked out beyond the closing date... But for the money that was allegedly paid for that land...I'd have shut down quick too.

Yep Leith got some deep pockets, I still Live here and take my car to the Toyota dealer for service you can actually still see some of the old par five that wasn’t developed I believe unless it’s an Audi dealer now LOL. At my old course a lot of the guys that played with all came from Cheviot or the old Wake Forest club that shut down which was another shame, and crooked Creek, people bought a house to live on a golf course 20 years later no more golf course sucks

Posted:
    I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • jah7838jah7838 Members  1334WRX Points: 229Posts: 1,334 Platinum Tees

I broke 75 for the first time about a month ago. I went 39-35, with 2 double bogeys on the front 9, and had 4 birdies on the back 9. A couple of bad holes from breaking par, which is my next goal.

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: 9.5* M3 Aldila Tour Green 65s or Evenflow White t1100 65s 
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour 3 wood set to 15* with Aldila 2kxv Blue 7s or Cobra F6 Baffler set to 16.5* with Proforce V2 7f4
    Hybrids: 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid VTS 100s or 20* Adams Super Pro with AD DI 95s , 23* Adams Super 9031 S300 (swap with 4 iron on occasion, but the hybrid is usually in the bag)
    Irons: 4 (DG Pro s300), 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro DGTI S400
    Wedges: 48* bent to 49* Hogan TK wedge, RTX 4 52* bent to 53* Mid, and New Level Golf 58*. All wedges have DGTI S400
    Putter: Toulon Las Vegas or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  5173WRX Points: 920Posts: 5,173 Titanium Tees

On -, @Blarkins111 said:

Played a course near me called Renditions today, which is made up of replica holes.

I think my career total for birdies before today was 4.

Today I birdied 3 holes on the back 9, including back to back on 11 and 12. First time ever doing that and even my playing partners (who were strangers) were really fired up!

Nice day!

Always great when people get fired up!

Posted:
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3 Members  1301WRX Points: 454Posts: 1,301 Platinum Tees

Congratulations great accomplishment

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • TooeasyTooeasy OhioMembers  19WRX Points: 20Handicap: 6Posts: 19 Bunkers

Broke par twice this year...shot 69 (-3) and doubled the 1st hole..also shot a 70 (-2)..my index hovers around 6-8 so both rounds were quite exceptional..Played today and was even after 13 and took a 9 on a par 5...finished 5 over 77...shooting par for 18 holes is tough.. can’t count the many of times one hole jumped out and grabbed me..oh well..golf isn’t easy especially staying focused for 18 holes..

Posted:

Advertisement
  • VolnutVolnut Members  93WRX Points: 62Posts: 93 Fairways

Congrats to everyone on their milestones. I'm still looking for my first round breaking 80. Came close a few weeks back. Sitting at 74 on the 18th par 5. I'd been smashing the driver all round and of course send my drive into the woods. It's fairly open and I punch out. End up on the fringe after 2 more shots putting a 15 footer for par. Not even close! Total choke job. It'll come I'm sure but so frustrating.

Posted:
  • Brunchz0rBrunchz0r DenmarkMembers  19WRX Points: 17Handicap: 3.8Posts: 19 Bunkers

Big milestone was breaking par, did so - twice this year.

Stable:
    https://play.golfshot.com/profiles/ER4M2m/rounds/Dw2gDy

Crazy hole-out-eagle round
    https://play.golfshot.com/profiles/ER4M2m/rounds/N7Mqk6

Posted:

Cobra King F9 - Hzrdus Smoke 6.0
    Ping i20 3w / hy - Project X black 6.0
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 - DG AMT S300
    Mizuno T7 60 / 56 / 51 - S300
    Mizuno Bettinardi BC1

• Sean2Sean2 Members  32920WRX Points: 3,500Posts: 32,920 Titanium Tees

Last year I shot a 68 (par 70). At one time I never imagined breaking 90, let alone 70. I haven't come all that close since, lol.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members  1373WRX Points: 319Handicap: 15Posts: 1,373 Platinum Tees

Congrats on the biggest milestone I can imagine! I hope to one day get there with you.
    My latest personal milestone is getting back to health this season, and finding a consistent swing that doesn't always score, but propels the ball forward without a duff and close to where it's intended.
    I've been mid 80s several times this year, and with some work and some luck, I hope to join you next year. Good job!

Posted:
    Cobra F9 10.5* Project X Evenflow Blue 65, R - CAMO!
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Cobra F9 18.5* 5w Project X Evenflow Blue 65, R
    Titleist 915H 21* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Callaway Steelhead XR 5-AW Recoil 660 F3, R
    Vokey SM7, 56*/8 M Grind, Recoil ZT9 460 F3, R
    Miura 1957, 59* C Grind, Nippon Modus 110, Wedge Flex
    TM Spider Tour
  • 86020818602081 Members  2144WRX Points: 252Handicap: 10Posts: 2,144 Platinum Tees

First time breaking 80 today.. shot 79. My drives and iron shots were great.. but I three putted on 4 holes.. Still feel disappointed, thinking how much better it could have been..

Posted:

Advertisement
  • the bishopthe bishop Members  4084WRX Points: 1,067Posts: 4,084 Titanium Tees

I broke par for the first time today. Shot -2/70. Could have broken 70 for the first time as well since I was at -3 standing on 18 tee but proceeded to make a very nervous bogey. 4 birdies, 12 pars and 2 bogeys. Been a long time coming.

Posted:
    TEE EXS 220 10.5*
    TEE EXS 220 15*
    TEE EXS Pro 19*/22*
    W/S Staff Model 5-P
    W/S Staff Model 52/56/60
    TM TP Juno
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers  2115WRX Points: 576Handicap: 13.0Posts: 2,115 Platinum Tees

Thought I’d chime back in that, it true WRX club ho form I switched out my utility, irons, wedges and putter since breaking 80. Classic. Honestly, I have no doubt I’ll do it again next season. It doesn’t matter what I’m playing it seems.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
    Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
    Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
    PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite
    Cleveland RTX4 60* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • cookszncookszn Members  132WRX Points: 54Handicap: 9Posts: 132 Fairways

I played 9 holes with my girlfriend one night and was -4 through 8. I then proceeded to double bogey the par 3 9th and finish -2.

Posted:
    Taylormade M4 10.5°
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW 
    Titleist 50°, 56° & Taylormade Hi-Toe 64°
    Scotty Cameron Newport T22

• cookszncookszn Members  132WRX Points: 54Handicap: 9Posts: 132 Fairways

On -, @cookszn said:

I played 9 holes with my girlfriend one night and was -4 through 8. I then proceeded to double bogey the par 3 9th and finish -2.

I'm a 9

Posted:
    Taylormade M4 10.5°
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW 
    Titleist 50°, 56° & Taylormade Hi-Toe 64°
    Scotty Cameron Newport T22

• sprcoopsprcoop Tucson, AZMembers  1012WRX Points: 238Handicap: 16.7Posts: 1,012 Platinum Tees

Well done! I've gotten close but not cracked that nut yet.

The latest was about 3 months ago. Playing pretty well for me, nothing worse than bogey on the card. Come to 18 and need bogey for 79. Decent drive in the fairway but pushed the approach a couple yards right of a right side bunker. Plenty of green to work with and slight uphill to the pin. All the components in place for easy pitch over the bunker and two putt for 79 or one putt for 78. Not to be. Decelerated into the bunker, hit out, 2 putt for 80. I'm an idiot.

Posted:

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S
    3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R
    3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R
    2I: TourModel III True Temper S
    3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S
    SW: TourModel III True Temper S
    Putter: Cobra Anvil 005
    Ball: Ksig 3 piece

Advertisement
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  14099WRX Points: 2,922Handicap: 3.1Posts: 14,099 Titanium Tees

reading thru this I would say the stand out milestone for many is breaking 80, awesome to read about so many avid players

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu Blueboard 53x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Ping G410 7w 19.5* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fubuki ax400 82x
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
    Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
    Vokey TVD 52m-58m-64* s400
    Piretti Matera Elite

• JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers  600WRX Points: 247Handicap: 8Posts: 600 Golden Tee

Today, foggy, cloudy....50’s started out #1, double on par5, 3rd shot was 3 feet from green 7 lol 😂.
    Hit 2 greens on front 50’ birdie on 9, 37.
    Back 9 hit 1 green 38, 75. Best comment I received, I’ve never seen that much get up and down in a round like you lol, was a great day.

Posted:
    I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • ObeeObee ClubWRX  4345WRX Points: 1,289Handicap: +1Posts: 4,345 ClubWRX

On -, @smoky25 said:

Shot my age for the first time on Wednesday. 65. Beat my previous personal best of 67.

Fantastic!!! Where?!?!

Posted:
    PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - S
    TaylorMade Sim Max Titanium 15* 3-WOOD - Diamana - S
    Titleist 818 H2 19*. Tensei black 90g - S
    Titleist 818 H1 21* Atmos Tour Spec Blue - S
    Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
    Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
    Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
    Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
    Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s-400
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s-400
    Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s-400
    Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s-400
    Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 76.5*)
  • ObeeObee ClubWRX  4345WRX Points: 1,289Handicap: +1Posts: 4,345 ClubWRX

Well done on the 79!!!

My milestone is that I recently won my first open-field, individual tournament, The Los Angeles City Senior Am. Quite a few decent finishes over the years, but never a win. Felt ... really nice. :-)

Posted:
    Post edited by Obee on
    PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - S
    TaylorMade Sim Max Titanium 15* 3-WOOD - Diamana - S
    Titleist 818 H2 19*. Tensei black 90g - S
    Titleist 818 H1 21* Atmos Tour Spec Blue - S
    Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
    Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
    Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
    Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
    Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s-400
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s-400
    Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s-400
    Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s-400
    Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 76.5*)
  • DLev45DLev45 Members  458WRX Points: 275Handicap: 6.5Posts: 458 Greens

Been playing 3 years as of this past August. My personal best prior to our club championship this year was 76 (+4).

We had our club championship flighted. I was in the 2nd flight (6-10 handicaps). I shot 78 (+6) on day 1 and was 4 shots back of the flight leader, a notorious sandbagger. Paired with him on day 2.

I opened birdie, birdie, par. He opened bogey, par, bogey. His 4-shot lead was gone walking off the green on #3.

I birdied #15 to get to +1 and stuck approaches to 6 feet on #16, 8 feet on #17, and 15 feet on #18 but couldn’t get any of them to fall.

Shot 73 (+1) to his 83 (+11). Beat my career best by 3 strokes in the highest pressure round I’ve played to date. Won the flight by 6 strokes.

I got home and told my wife about how close I was to shooting even par with those last 3 birdie putt opportunities and she told me “shut the f*** up! You beat your best by 3 strokes on Sunday of the club championship. I don’t want to hear a d*** thing about the ones you missed...”

Started the year as a 12 HC and am currently a 6.4. It was a good year.

Posted:
    • Ping G400 Max 10.5, Ping Alta CB 55 Stiff (44.5")
    • Ping G410 SFT 3W, Ping Alta CB 65 Stiff
    • Ping G 3h/4h, Ping Alta 70 Regular
    • Callaway Apex CF16 (5-GW), TT XP 95 R300
    • Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth (54/SS, 58/ES), Ping AWT 2.0 Wedge
    • TaylorMade Spider X Navy, 35"

Advertisement
  • tyorke1tyorke1 Members  2324WRX Points: 147Handicap: +1.4Posts: 2,324 Platinum Tees

congrats . that is great

Posted:
    m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
    m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
    818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
    taylor p790 17 degree
    taylormade p760 3-pw
    vokey 50--56--60
    taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
    epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 
  • bobilishious2bobilishious2 Members  630WRX Points: 76Posts: 630 Golden Tee

Huge congratulations. I think it’s hard to explain to people how meaningful these personal milestones are to us all, especially non golfers!

My personal achievement was breaking par for the first time as a youngster & the realisation that it was 100% down to my mindset.

played in a local 4 round Tournament at the age of 14/15 & playing off a 8 handicap (UK handicap so likely a 4 or 5 US cap) went out & shot a rubbish 81 on a par 70 in the first round, massively disappointed & no where near the predicted cut line. So I went out in the afternoon round with no inhibitions at all and playing with a very good + figure player who also kept me focussed just by being calm I broke par for the first time with a 66 (-4) which just came out of nowhere - still didn’t make the cut but the realisation that I could shoot low scores spurred me on no end & I don’t think I would have been the player I was without that day & how it planned out in particular.

As an aside the first time i shot par was on hollowcored greens (massive cores in the greens for aeriation) & I had a 20 footer on the last which was SO far off line when I hit it but it bounced sideways into the hole!

still have the ball from each of those rounds.

Posted:
  • pat_katopat_kato ClubWRX  178WRX Points: 159Posts: 178 ClubWRX

I peeped at my scorecard on the 18th which was a par 5. My score was 75 and I know i needed a birdie to get my first score under 80. I hit a great drive and I very well could have hit the green with a 3 wood but I ended up duffing it that it veered off to the right. After another bad duff shot I ended my round with an 82. Heart break!

Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade SIM Max 9º Ventus Black 6s Stiff Flex
    Fairway: TaylorMade SIM Max 3 Wood Ventus Blue 7s Stiff Flex
    Hybrid: TaylorMade SIM MAX 3H Ventus Blue 6s Flex
    Irons: Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-P True Temper Dynalite 105 Stiff Flex
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 52º F Grind, 56º M Grind, 60º M Grind 
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.