Andrew Luck Offers A Lesson For Golf Fans, Too

puttfordoux

> @Im_A_Savage said:

> > @"15th Club" said:

> > > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > > The guy quit on his team 2 weeks before the beginning of the season and people praise him? If he wanted out he should have made that decision in February. It's not the decision that's the problem it's the timing.

> >

> >

> > "His" team? The operation, owned by the Irsay family is valued at a couple billion, has a roster payroll of $200 million or so, all organized under a collective bargaining agreement.

> >

> > It is the most mercenary thing in sports, right after Major League Baseball and the English Premier League.

> >

> > How does anyone root for an NFL franchise like it was their undergraduate alma mater?

> >

>

> I have a lot more respect for my favorite professional team than the university from which I received my bachelors degree or my law degree. If you want to do a comparison, universities exploit athletes much more than professional teams.

I’m not talking about “exploitation” per se.

I just don’t have any interest in the NFL and I cannot understand why anybody would. But that’s just me. People are allowed to like the NFL if that is their thing. I suppose.

I hate the NFL because of what it is doing to football and most particularly college football, which I do love. I really wonder what sort of CTE problems there might be if everyone stopped playing football after college and no one had an 8-10 year career of 3 preseason games, 16 regular season games and some odd number of playoff games.

Not suggesting “exploitation” in that. Certainly not when the players elect to play, under elaborately negotiated professional contracts.

But for me there is absolutely nothing redeeming about the NFL. And the more that college football becomes “NFL Lite,” the more it is degraded.

> @"15th Club" said:

> > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > > @"15th Club" said:

> > > > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > > > The guy quit on his team 2 weeks before the beginning of the season and people praise him? If he wanted out he should have made that decision in February. It's not the decision that's the problem it's the timing.

> > >

> > >

> > > "His" team? The operation, owned by the Irsay family is valued at a couple billion, has a roster payroll of $200 million or so, all organized under a collective bargaining agreement.

> > >

> > > It is the most mercenary thing in sports, right after Major League Baseball and the English Premier League.

> > >

> > > How does anyone root for an NFL franchise like it was their undergraduate alma mater?

> > >

> >

> > I have a lot more respect for my favorite professional team than the university from which I received my bachelors degree or my law degree. If you want to do a comparison, universities exploit athletes much more than professional teams.

>

>

> I’m not talking about “exploitation” per se.

>

> I just don’t have any interest in the NFL and I cannot understand why anybody would. But that’s just me. People are allowed to like the NFL if that is their thing. I suppose.

>

> I hate the NFL because of what it is doing to football and most particularly college football, which I do love. I really wonder what sort of CTE problems there might be if everyone stopped playing football after college and no one had an 8-10 year career of 3 preseason games, 16 regular season games and some odd number of playoff games.

>

> Not suggesting “exploitation” in that. Certainly not when the players elect to play, under elaborately negotiated professional contracts.

>

> But for me there is absolutely nothing redeeming about the NFL. And the more that college football becomes “NFL Lite,” the more it is degraded.

>

We'll agree to disagree then. I find almost nothing interesting about college football other than thinking about players who will be good enough to play in the NFL.

> @the700level said:

> > @puttfordoux said:

> > https://www.golftipsmag.com/andrew-luck-offers-a-lesson-for-golf-fans-too/

> >t's been said that Luck, by retiring, may possibly be giving up close to a half-a-billion dollars

>

> Where did this number come from? Lost endorsements?

Top QBs now make more than $30M/year in salary. Assuming that continues to climb, and he had played another decade+, a half billion isn’t crazy.

> @cdnglf said:

> > @the700level said:

> > > @puttfordoux said:

> > > https://www.golftipsmag.com/andrew-luck-offers-a-lesson-for-golf-fans-too/

> > >t's been said that Luck, by retiring, may possibly be giving up close to a half-a-billion dollars

> >

> > Where did this number come from? Lost endorsements?

>

> Top QBs now make more than $30M/year in salary. Assuming that continues to climb, and he had played another decade+, a half billion isn’t crazy.

>

What's half a billion gonna do when you can't get out of bed. Spending the rest of your life as a rich vegetable sounds pretty awful.

What's really amazing is the team isn't going to recoop the $24.8 million he owes them. That's amazing. I didn't know there was an NFL still with a heart. Lord knows Jerry would seek the $24.8 million plus interest.

> @Im_A_Savage said:

> > @"15th Club" said:

> > > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > > > @"15th Club" said:

> > > > > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > > > > The guy quit on his team 2 weeks before the beginning of the season and people praise him? If he wanted out he should have made that decision in February. It's not the decision that's the problem it's the timing.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > "His" team? The operation, owned by the Irsay family is valued at a couple billion, has a roster payroll of $200 million or so, all organized under a collective bargaining agreement.

> > > >

> > > > It is the most mercenary thing in sports, right after Major League Baseball and the English Premier League.

> > > >

> > > > How does anyone root for an NFL franchise like it was their undergraduate alma mater?

> > > >

> > >

> > > I have a lot more respect for my favorite professional team than the university from which I received my bachelors degree or my law degree. If you want to do a comparison, universities exploit athletes much more than professional teams.

> >

> >

> > I’m not talking about “exploitation” per se.

> >

> > I just don’t have any interest in the NFL and I cannot understand why anybody would. But that’s just me. People are allowed to like the NFL if that is their thing. I suppose.

> >

> > I hate the NFL because of what it is doing to football and most particularly college football, which I do love. I really wonder what sort of CTE problems there might be if everyone stopped playing football after college and no one had an 8-10 year career of 3 preseason games, 16 regular season games and some odd number of playoff games.

> >

> > Not suggesting “exploitation” in that. Certainly not when the players elect to play, under elaborately negotiated professional contracts.

> >

> > But for me there is absolutely nothing redeeming about the NFL. And the more that college football becomes “NFL Lite,” the more it is degraded.

> >

>

> We'll agree to disagree then. I find almost nothing interesting about college football other than thinking about players who will be good enough to play in the NFL.

The NCAA could walk into a three way fight with the IOC and FIFA for the title of "most corrupt and exploitative orginization in sports" and have a credible shot at winning.

• Like 1

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > > @"15th Club" said:

> > > > > @"15th Club" said:

> > > > > > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > > > > > The guy quit on his team 2 weeks before the beginning of the season and people praise him? If he wanted out he should have made that decision in February. It's not the decision that's the problem it's the timing.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > "His" team? The operation, owned by the Irsay family is valued at a couple billion, has a roster payroll of $200 million or so, all organized under a collective bargaining agreement.

> > > > >

> > > > > It is the most mercenary thing in sports, right after Major League Baseball and the English Premier League.

> > > > >

> > > > > How does anyone root for an NFL franchise like it was their undergraduate alma mater?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I have a lot more respect for my favorite professional team than the university from which I received my bachelors degree or my law degree. If you want to do a comparison, universities exploit athletes much more than professional teams.

> > >

> > >

> > > I’m not talking about “exploitation” per se.

> > >

> > > I just don’t have any interest in the NFL and I cannot understand why anybody would. But that’s just me. People are allowed to like the NFL if that is their thing. I suppose.

> > >

> > > I hate the NFL because of what it is doing to football and most particularly college football, which I do love. I really wonder what sort of CTE problems there might be if everyone stopped playing football after college and no one had an 8-10 year career of 3 preseason games, 16 regular season games and some odd number of playoff games.

> > >

> > > Not suggesting “exploitation” in that. Certainly not when the players elect to play, under elaborately negotiated professional contracts.

> > >

> > > But for me there is absolutely nothing redeeming about the NFL. And the more that college football becomes “NFL Lite,” the more it is degraded.

> > >

> >

> > We'll agree to disagree then. I find almost nothing interesting about college football other than thinking about players who will be good enough to play in the NFL.

>

> The NCAA could walk into a three way fight with the IOC and FIFA for the title of "most corrupt and exploitative orginization in sports" and have a credible shot at winning.

Hobofights.com thinks college football is shady

> @Rory4Pres said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @the700level said:

> > > > @puttfordoux said:

> > > > https://www.golftipsmag.com/andrew-luck-offers-a-lesson-for-golf-fans-too/

> > > >t's been said that Luck, by retiring, may possibly be giving up close to a half-a-billion dollars

> > >

> > > Where did this number come from? Lost endorsements?

> >

> > Top QBs now make more than $30M/year in salary. Assuming that continues to climb, and he had played another decade+, a half billion isn’t crazy.

> >

>

> What's half a billion gonna do when you can't get out of bed. Spending the rest of your life as a rich vegetable sounds pretty awful.

>

> What's really amazing is the team isn't going to recoop the $24.8 million he owes them. That's amazing. I didn't know there was an NFL still with a heart. Lord knows Jerry would seek the $24.8 million plus interest.

It's probably the same amount that should have been invested with a good o line.

> @"15th Club" said:

> I hate the NFL because of what it is doing to football and most particularly college football, which I do love. I really wonder what sort of CTE problems there might be if everyone stopped playing football after college and no one had an 8-10 year career of 3 preseason games, 16 regular season games and some odd number of playoff games.

Aaron Hernandez had stage 3 CTE when he died. He was 27. It is most likely he started to develop CTE when he was in college or possibly in high school.

If you're "really" wondering about the CTE problem, be careful. It might lead you to South Bend, Ann Arbor, Columbus, Knoxville, Tuscaloosa, Athens, Gainesville, Palo Alto, Austin, Clemson, and everywhere in between.

• Like 1

> @Im_A_Savage said:

> > @"15th Club" said:

> > > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > > > > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > > > > The guy quit on his team 2 weeks before the beginning of the season and people praise him? If he wanted out he should have made that decision in February. It's not the decision that's the problem it's the timing.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > "His" team? The operation, owned by the Irsay family is valued at a couple billion, has a roster payroll of $200 million or so, all organized under a collective bargaining agreement.

> > > >

> > > > It is the most mercenary thing in sports, right after Major League Baseball and the English Premier League.

> > > >

> > > > How does anyone root for an NFL franchise like it was their undergraduate alma mater?

> > > >

> > >

> > > I have a lot more respect for my favorite professional team than the university from which I received my bachelors degree or my law degree. If you want to do a comparison, universities exploit athletes much more than professional teams.

> >

> >

> > I’m not talking about “exploitation” per se.

> >

> > I just don’t have any interest in the NFL and I cannot understand why anybody would. But that’s just me. People are allowed to like the NFL if that is their thing. I suppose.

> >

> > I hate the NFL because of what it is doing to football and most particularly college football, which I do love. I really wonder what sort of CTE problems there might be if everyone stopped playing football after college and no one had an 8-10 year career of 3 preseason games, 16 regular season games and some odd number of playoff games.

> >

> > Not suggesting “exploitation” in that. Certainly not when the players elect to play, under elaborately negotiated professional contracts.

> >

> > But for me there is absolutely nothing redeeming about the NFL. And the more that college football becomes “NFL Lite,” the more it is degraded.

> >

>

> We'll agree to disagree then. I find almost nothing interesting about college football other than thinking about players who will be good enough to play in the NFL.

Try being an SEC fan. Will change your tune ( sorry man. I had to ).

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> The lesson is mamas don't let your babies grow up to be football players. Make them play golf.

Only sport my boy can’t play. And it kills me in a way to tell him no. He’s 5ft5 125lb just turned 11 year old wearing a men’s 10 shoe . And he’s quick. . . I don’t want to see him as a vegetable. I may finally have him fully hooked on golf. With basketball in the winter.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"15th Club" said:

> I like Andrew Luck, I respect his decision, and I actually love this issue for what it is.

>

> To me, this is a gigantic issue about how wonderful college football is, and how awful the NFL is. Can anybody imagine a stadium of Stanford students and alumni at Stanford Stadium ever booing Andrew Luck for any reason? Yet that is what some of the boorish NFL fans in Indianapolis did. It's shameful. Hateful, really. They simply proved that Luck made the right decision. Big time. Luck loved college football and everything about it and played it for nothing more than a scholarship and the fun of playing.

>

> I bring this up in the context of a golf discussion because so often I see comparisons of golf, and golf's ruling bodies, to other professional sports leagues. But the NFL is not "football," and the PGA Tour is not "golf."

>

>

>

Ok, my 2 cents on this booing thing.

1. These fans paid top dollar for season tickets, mainly because of Andrew Luck.

2. They are 2 weeks away from the regular season starting and it's a season in which there is some legitimate hope to make a Super Bowl run. It looks like a promising season

3. They are sitting there in the 3rd preseason game and during this game, they find out, via their phones and word of mouth that their star QB, who is not even 30, with 2 weeks to go is going to just retire.

4. An hour or so later they see him walking off the field so they boo. They haven't had a chance to digest this bombshell of news, forget about even having a chance to sleep on this, nor were they given any explanation as to why, so at that moment, it looks like he's just quitting.

So laying that all out there, do you really blame them for booing? I don't. It's completely understandable.

Now carry on.

> @golfer07840 said:

> > @"15th Club" said:

> > I like Andrew Luck, I respect his decision, and I actually love this issue for what it is.

> >

> > To me, this is a gigantic issue about how wonderful college football is, and how awful the NFL is. Can anybody imagine a stadium of Stanford students and alumni at Stanford Stadium ever booing Andrew Luck for any reason? Yet that is what some of the boorish NFL fans in Indianapolis did. It's shameful. Hateful, really. They simply proved that Luck made the right decision. Big time. Luck loved college football and everything about it and played it for nothing more than a scholarship and the fun of playing.

> >

> > I bring this up in the context of a golf discussion because so often I see comparisons of golf, and golf's ruling bodies, to other professional sports leagues. But the NFL is not "football," and the PGA Tour is not "golf."

> >

> >

> >

>

> Ok, my 2 cents on this booing thing.

>

> 1. These fans paid top dollar for season tickets, mainly because of Andrew Luck.

> 2. They are 2 weeks away from the regular season starting and it's a season in which there is some legitimate hope to make a Super Bowl run. It looks like a promising season

> 3. They are sitting there in the 3rd preseason game and during this game, they find out, via their phones and word of mouth that their star QB, who is not even 30, with 2 weeks to go is going to just retire.

> 4. An hour or so later they see him walking off the field so they boo. They haven't had a chance to digest this bombshell of news, forget about even having a chance to sleep on this, nor were they given any explanation as to why, so at that moment, it looks like he's just quitting.

>

> So laying that all out there, do you really blame them for booing? I don't. It's completely understandable.

>

> Now carry on.

My opinion. If I decided to retire ( hard choice ) and my home crowd booed me. I’d know then and there i made the correct choice.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > > @"15th Club" said:

> > > > > > The guy quit on his team 2 weeks before the beginning of the season and people praise him? If he wanted out he should have made that decision in February. It's not the decision that's the problem it's the timing.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > "His" team? The operation, owned by the Irsay family is valued at a couple billion, has a roster payroll of $200 million or so, all organized under a collective bargaining agreement.

> > > > >

> > > > > It is the most mercenary thing in sports, right after Major League Baseball and the English Premier League.

> > > > >

> > > > > How does anyone root for an NFL franchise like it was their undergraduate alma mater?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I have a lot more respect for my favorite professional team than the university from which I received my bachelors degree or my law degree. If you want to do a comparison, universities exploit athletes much more than professional teams.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I just don’t have any interest in the NFL and I cannot understand why anybody would. But that’s just me. People are allowed to like the NFL if that is their thing. I suppose.

> > >

> > > I hate the NFL because of what it is doing to football and most particularly college football, which I do love. I really wonder what sort of CTE problems there might be if everyone stopped playing football after college and no one had an 8-10 year career of 3 preseason games, 16 regular season games and some odd number of playoff games.

> > >

> > > Not suggesting “exploitation” in that. Certainly not when the players elect to play, under elaborately negotiated professional contracts.

> > >

> > > But for me there is absolutely nothing redeeming about the NFL. And the more that college football becomes “NFL Lite,” the more it is degraded.

> > >

> >

> > We'll agree to disagree then. I find almost nothing interesting about college football other than thinking about players who will be good enough to play in the NFL.

>

> The NCAA could walk into a three way fight with the IOC and FIFA for the title of "most corrupt and exploitative orginization in sports" and have a credible shot at winning.

I expect there may be many “sports fans” who agree with you, as there are “sports fans” who think that the PGA is the ruling body of golf. Meanwhile the USGA and the NCAA perform many of the toughest and most thankless jobs.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > > @"15th Club" said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> Try being an SEC fan. Will change your tune ( sorry man. I had to ).

There likely are SEC players who are paid more than players in the NFL.

Greatest line in history....

Reporter: “Mr Dickerson, what is the worst thing about the NFL compared to playing at SMU?”

Eric Dickerson: “The pay cut.”

Listen, in Texas u bet we pay our college players...or give them jobs in Austin...

Though now they’ve gone soft and my beloved Longhorns are not a powerhouse anymore...

-Chris

• Like 1

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

> @golfer07840 said:

> > @"15th Club" said:

> > I like Andrew Luck, I respect his decision, and I actually love this issue for what it is.

> >

> > To me, this is a gigantic issue about how wonderful college football is, and how awful the NFL is. Can anybody imagine a stadium of Stanford students and alumni at Stanford Stadium ever booing Andrew Luck for any reason? Yet that is what some of the boorish NFL fans in Indianapolis did. It's shameful. Hateful, really. They simply proved that Luck made the right decision. Big time. Luck loved college football and everything about it and played it for nothing more than a scholarship and the fun of playing.

> >

> > I bring this up in the context of a golf discussion because so often I see comparisons of golf, and golf's ruling bodies, to other professional sports leagues. But the NFL is not "football," and the PGA Tour is not "golf."

> >

> >

> >

>

> Ok, my 2 cents on this booing thing.

>

> 1. These fans paid top dollar for season tickets, mainly because of Andrew Luck.

> 2. They are 2 weeks away from the regular season starting and it's a season in which there is some legitimate hope to make a Super Bowl run. It looks like a promising season

> 3. They are sitting there in the 3rd preseason game and during this game, they find out, via their phones and word of mouth that their star QB, who is not even 30, with 2 weeks to go is going to just retire.

> 4. An hour or so later they see him walking off the field so they boo. They haven't had a chance to digest this bombshell of news, forget about even having a chance to sleep on this, nor were they given any explanation as to why, so at that moment, it looks like he's just quitting.

>

> So laying that all out there, do you really blame them for booing? I don't. It's completely understandable.

>

> Now carry on.

Yes,

and there are also idiots and drunks in every NFL stadium any time a game is played. Here's the video.

> @BicknellCC said:

> > @golfer07840 said:

> > > @"15th Club" said:

> > > I like Andrew Luck, I respect his decision, and I actually love this issue for what it is.

> > >

> > > To me, this is a gigantic issue about how wonderful college football is, and how awful the NFL is. Can anybody imagine a stadium of Stanford students and alumni at Stanford Stadium ever booing Andrew Luck for any reason? Yet that is what some of the boorish NFL fans in Indianapolis did. It's shameful. Hateful, really. They simply proved that Luck made the right decision. Big time. Luck loved college football and everything about it and played it for nothing more than a scholarship and the fun of playing.

> > >

> > > I bring this up in the context of a golf discussion because so often I see comparisons of golf, and golf's ruling bodies, to other professional sports leagues. But the NFL is not "football," and the PGA Tour is not "golf."

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Ok, my 2 cents on this booing thing.

> >

> > 1. These fans paid top dollar for season tickets, mainly because of Andrew Luck.

> > 2. They are 2 weeks away from the regular season starting and it's a season in which there is some legitimate hope to make a Super Bowl run. It looks like a promising season

> > 3. They are sitting there in the 3rd preseason game and during this game, they find out, via their phones and word of mouth that their star QB, who is not even 30, with 2 weeks to go is going to just retire.

> > 4. An hour or so later they see him walking off the field so they boo. They haven't had a chance to digest this bombshell of news, forget about even having a chance to sleep on this, nor were they given any explanation as to why, so at that moment, it looks like he's just quitting.

> >

> > So laying that all out there, do you really blame them for booing? I don't. It's completely understandable.

> >

> > Now carry on.

>

> Yes,

> and there are also idiots and drunks in every NFL stadium any time a game is played. Here's the video.

>

>

Again, from their perspective at that moment, they felt like he quit on them.

> @golfer07840 said:

> > @BicknellCC said:

> > > @golfer07840 said:

> > > > I like Andrew Luck, I respect his decision, and I actually love this issue for what it is.

> > > >

> > > > To me, this is a gigantic issue about how wonderful college football is, and how awful the NFL is. Can anybody imagine a stadium of Stanford students and alumni at Stanford Stadium ever booing Andrew Luck for any reason? Yet that is what some of the boorish NFL fans in Indianapolis did. It's shameful. Hateful, really. They simply proved that Luck made the right decision. Big time. Luck loved college football and everything about it and played it for nothing more than a scholarship and the fun of playing.

> > > >

> > > > I bring this up in the context of a golf discussion because so often I see comparisons of golf, and golf's ruling bodies, to other professional sports leagues. But the NFL is not "football," and the PGA Tour is not "golf."

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Ok, my 2 cents on this booing thing.

> > >

> > > 1. These fans paid top dollar for season tickets, mainly because of Andrew Luck.

> > > 2. They are 2 weeks away from the regular season starting and it's a season in which there is some legitimate hope to make a Super Bowl run. It looks like a promising season

> > > 3. They are sitting there in the 3rd preseason game and during this game, they find out, via their phones and word of mouth that their star QB, who is not even 30, with 2 weeks to go is going to just retire.

> > > 4. An hour or so later they see him walking off the field so they boo. They haven't had a chance to digest this bombshell of news, forget about even having a chance to sleep on this, nor were they given any explanation as to why, so at that moment, it looks like he's just quitting.

> > >

> > > So laying that all out there, do you really blame them for booing? I don't. It's completely understandable.

> > >

> > > Now carry on.

> >

> > Yes,

> > and there are also idiots and drunks in every NFL stadium any time a game is played. Here's the video.

> >

> >

>

> Again, from their perspective at that moment, they felt like he quit on them.

In reality they just quit on him though. Right ? A Boo at home is literally a slap in the face. You cheer a guy you love and respect their decisions and trust that they know what is best for their personal well being. You boo a rented mule you’ve been riding into the ground that decides to lay down and die.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Luck has plenty of money in the bank and he will have no problems finding work. Youngest commentator ever? Kudos to making a wise decision.

Ping G430 10k 9 Tour Black 2.0 Stiff

Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei White Stiff

Titleist 818 21 KBS PROTO Stiff
Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Senita 38 Putter

> @golfer07840 said:

> > @BicknellCC said:

> > > @golfer07840 said:

> > > > I like Andrew Luck, I respect his decision, and I actually love this issue for what it is.

> > > >

> > > > To me, this is a gigantic issue about how wonderful college football is, and how awful the NFL is. Can anybody imagine a stadium of Stanford students and alumni at Stanford Stadium ever booing Andrew Luck for any reason? Yet that is what some of the boorish NFL fans in Indianapolis did. It's shameful. Hateful, really. They simply proved that Luck made the right decision. Big time. Luck loved college football and everything about it and played it for nothing more than a scholarship and the fun of playing.

> > > >

> > > > I bring this up in the context of a golf discussion because so often I see comparisons of golf, and golf's ruling bodies, to other professional sports leagues. But the NFL is not "football," and the PGA Tour is not "golf."

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Ok, my 2 cents on this booing thing.

> > >

> > > 1. These fans paid top dollar for season tickets, mainly because of Andrew Luck.

> > > 2. They are 2 weeks away from the regular season starting and it's a season in which there is some legitimate hope to make a Super Bowl run. It looks like a promising season

> > > 3. They are sitting there in the 3rd preseason game and during this game, they find out, via their phones and word of mouth that their star QB, who is not even 30, with 2 weeks to go is going to just retire.

> > > 4. An hour or so later they see him walking off the field so they boo. They haven't had a chance to digest this bombshell of news, forget about even having a chance to sleep on this, nor were they given any explanation as to why, so at that moment, it looks like he's just quitting.

> > >

> > > So laying that all out there, do you really blame them for booing? I don't. It's completely understandable.

> > >

> > > Now carry on.

> >

> > Yes,

> > and there are also idiots and drunks in every NFL stadium any time a game is played. Here's the video.

> >

> >

>

> Again, from their perspective at that moment, they felt like he quit on them.

He did.

I wouldn't have boo'd the guy. But he quit on them 2 weeks before the opening game.

Quitter.

If I was the Colts owner I would have (rightfully) had him pay back a pro-rated portion of his bonus. It's insane that they let him keep $24 million dollars when he walked out on the team.

> @"15th Club" said:

> I like Andrew Luck, I respect his decision, and I actually love this issue for what it is.

>

> To me, this is a gigantic issue about how wonderful college football is, and how awful the NFL is. Can anybody imagine a stadium of Stanford students and alumni at Stanford Stadium ever booing Andrew Luck for any reason? Yet that is what some of the boorish NFL fans in Indianapolis did. It's shameful. Hateful, really. They simply proved that Luck made the right decision. Big time. Luck loved college football and everything about it and played it for nothing more than a scholarship and the fun of playing.

>

> I bring this up in the context of a golf discussion because so often I see comparisons of golf, and golf's ruling bodies, to other professional sports leagues. But the NFL is not "football," and the PGA Tour is not "golf."

>

Years ago, Colorado's QB died. I believe his name is Sal Aunese. Later that year, Colorado played Nebraska and some fans chanted, "Sal is dead. Go Big Red." So yeah, college fans are saints.

> @Im_A_Savage said:

> > @golfer07840 said:

> > > @BicknellCC said:

> > > > @golfer07840 said:

> > > > > I like Andrew Luck, I respect his decision, and I actually love this issue for what it is.

> > > > >

> > > > > To me, this is a gigantic issue about how wonderful college football is, and how awful the NFL is. Can anybody imagine a stadium of Stanford students and alumni at Stanford Stadium ever booing Andrew Luck for any reason? Yet that is what some of the boorish NFL fans in Indianapolis did. It's shameful. Hateful, really. They simply proved that Luck made the right decision. Big time. Luck loved college football and everything about it and played it for nothing more than a scholarship and the fun of playing.

> > > > >

> > > > > I bring this up in the context of a golf discussion because so often I see comparisons of golf, and golf's ruling bodies, to other professional sports leagues. But the NFL is not "football," and the PGA Tour is not "golf."

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ok, my 2 cents on this booing thing.

> > > >

> > > > 1. These fans paid top dollar for season tickets, mainly because of Andrew Luck.

> > > > 2. They are 2 weeks away from the regular season starting and it's a season in which there is some legitimate hope to make a Super Bowl run. It looks like a promising season

> > > > 3. They are sitting there in the 3rd preseason game and during this game, they find out, via their phones and word of mouth that their star QB, who is not even 30, with 2 weeks to go is going to just retire.

> > > > 4. An hour or so later they see him walking off the field so they boo. They haven't had a chance to digest this bombshell of news, forget about even having a chance to sleep on this, nor were they given any explanation as to why, so at that moment, it looks like he's just quitting.

> > > >

> > > > So laying that all out there, do you really blame them for booing? I don't. It's completely understandable.

> > > >

> > > > Now carry on.

> > >

> > > Yes,

> > > and there are also idiots and drunks in every NFL stadium any time a game is played. Here's the video.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Again, from their perspective at that moment, they felt like he quit on them.

>

> He did.

>

> I wouldn't have boo'd the guy. But he quit on them 2 weeks before the opening game.

>

> Quitter.

>

> If I was the Colts owner I would have (rightfully) had him pay back a pro-rated portion of his bonus. It's insane that they let him keep $24 million dollars when he walked out on the team.

For not being in the training rooms, doctors offices and lucks mind you sure know the guy and everything that he’s been thru, thinking about and what he did and said before he made the decision.

Thankfully you aren’t the Colts owner.

> @BicknellCC said:

> > @golfer07840 said:

> > > @"15th Club" said:

> > > I like Andrew Luck, I respect his decision, and I actually love this issue for what it is.

> > >

> > > To me, this is a gigantic issue about how wonderful college football is, and how awful the NFL is. Can anybody imagine a stadium of Stanford students and alumni at Stanford Stadium ever booing Andrew Luck for any reason? Yet that is what some of the boorish NFL fans in Indianapolis did. It's shameful. Hateful, really. They simply proved that Luck made the right decision. Big time. Luck loved college football and everything about it and played it for nothing more than a scholarship and the fun of playing.

> > >

> > > I bring this up in the context of a golf discussion because so often I see comparisons of golf, and golf's ruling bodies, to other professional sports leagues. But the NFL is not "football," and the PGA Tour is not "golf."

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Ok, my 2 cents on this booing thing.

> >

> > 1. These fans paid top dollar for season tickets, mainly because of Andrew Luck.

> > 2. They are 2 weeks away from the regular season starting and it's a season in which there is some legitimate hope to make a Super Bowl run. It looks like a promising season

> > 3. They are sitting there in the 3rd preseason game and during this game, they find out, via their phones and word of mouth that their star QB, who is not even 30, with 2 weeks to go is going to just retire.

> > 4. An hour or so later they see him walking off the field so they boo. They haven't had a chance to digest this bombshell of news, forget about even having a chance to sleep on this, nor were they given any explanation as to why, so at that moment, it looks like he's just quitting.

> >

> > So laying that all out there, do you really blame them for booing? I don't. It's completely understandable.

> >

> > Now carry on.

>

> Yes,

> and there are also idiots and drunks in every NFL stadium any time a game is played. Here's the video.

>

>

Again, from their perspective at that moment, they felt like he quit on them. > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > @golfer07840 said:

> > > @BicknellCC said:

> > > > @golfer07840 said:

> > > > > I like Andrew Luck, I respect his decision, and I actually love this issue for what it is.

> > > > >

> > > > > To me, this is a gigantic issue about how wonderful college football is, and how awful the NFL is. Can anybody imagine a stadium of Stanford students and alumni at Stanford Stadium ever booing Andrew Luck for any reason? Yet that is what some of the boorish NFL fans in Indianapolis did. It's shameful. Hateful, really. They simply proved that Luck made the right decision. Big time. Luck loved college football and everything about it and played it for nothing more than a scholarship and the fun of playing.

> > > > >

> > > > > I bring this up in the context of a golf discussion because so often I see comparisons of golf, and golf's ruling bodies, to other professional sports leagues. But the NFL is not "football," and the PGA Tour is not "golf."

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ok, my 2 cents on this booing thing.

> > > >

> > > > 1. These fans paid top dollar for season tickets, mainly because of Andrew Luck.

> > > > 2. They are 2 weeks away from the regular season starting and it's a season in which there is some legitimate hope to make a Super Bowl run. It looks like a promising season

> > > > 3. They are sitting there in the 3rd preseason game and during this game, they find out, via their phones and word of mouth that their star QB, who is not even 30, with 2 weeks to go is going to just retire.

> > > > 4. An hour or so later they see him walking off the field so they boo. They haven't had a chance to digest this bombshell of news, forget about even having a chance to sleep on this, nor were they given any explanation as to why, so at that moment, it looks like he's just quitting.

> > > >

> > > > So laying that all out there, do you really blame them for booing? I don't. It's completely understandable.

> > > >

> > > > Now carry on.

> > >

> > > Yes,

> > > and there are also idiots and drunks in every NFL stadium any time a game is played. Here's the video.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Again, from their perspective at that moment, they felt like he quit on them.

>

> He did.

>

> I wouldn't have boo'd the guy. But he quit on them 2 weeks before the opening game.

>

> Quitter.

>

> If I was the Colts owner I would have (rightfully) had him pay back a pro-rated portion of his bonus. It's insane that they let him keep $24 million dollars when he walked out on the team.

They let him keep that money because they are probably afraid of being sued because that medical staff did him wrong so many times. At least that's my theory.

And another thing to consider about the boos. It's a preseason game, usually, the hardcore fans aren't the ones at the game. They pawn off those preseason tickets to Joe blow in the office or in the Sunday foursome so they can go to a football game since they don't go during the regular season. So the boos may not have been from the big time Colts fan.