I drive the ball like a little girl

BeerPerHole

In the OP's defense, conditions are enhanced to insure run out to create the appearance of distance. They do that on other tours as well. Not sure how much fairway enhancement happened, if any, at the Women's British Open. However, stateside, they go so far as to reverse grain on some fairways to ensure down-grain and running and distance measuring holes maybe down-breeze. Maybe a better way to say it would be little girls hit the ball like a little boy. Check out driving stats for the LPGA. It's partly why I don't watch the LPGA. I want to measure myself against those talents that hit it farther than this senior. lol

At 68 yrs old, last year I played a local LPGA tour stop the week before the event. My driver average is around 240-248 yds + run out. No way I can describe how fast fairways were except to say the run out I was getting was huge and greens were spectacular. On one hole I hit my 2 iron with runout it was measured at 232 yards. Under benign or normal conditions, a good strike nowadays gets 215-220 yards. I loved it, the faster the better.

• TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD80R
  • T200 17' 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 95S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

You can have "skinny" legs and still use the ground well to create power.

Look at some high jumpers like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Very thin legs. 35+" veritical leaps in their primes.

Dustin Johnson and Tony Finau. Both good leapers. Not bulky but not surprising that they hit the ball far. Obviously other factors matter as well.

Did I ever tell you about the time that Brasky played golf on the moon? He was playing with Alan Shepherd, but Alan had to wear a bulky space suit. Brasky can breath space dust so he has a big advantage. Shepherd was struggling to hit the ball one handed about 200 yards. Brasky's first shot is so hard that the ball escapes the moon's gravitational field. OB. Once he learned to swing it smooth, he was able to play the circumference of the moon in like 7 shots. Well at least we thought it was 7, but we couldn't see him on the dark side.

• Like 1
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Just watched her swing, specifically a 150 yard 7-iron. If I used my body that way I would hit my 7-iron 190 yards but only once since it would break my spine.

Hey chopper, what are you hitting there?
Callaway Rouge Sub Zero 9°
TM SLDR S 17° 4-wood
Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21° driving iron

Dynacraft (?) 24° 4-iron
Titleist AP2 710 5-pw
Wilson FG Tour PMP 52, 56, 60­°
Rife 460 Tour Blade

After how long does being "out of form" turn into "a bad golfer"?

Not taking anything away from her distance and how she achieves it but rollout on courses does make a huge difference. For us non pros it makes the game so much more enjoyable. Not so much when you hit flush shots. But it helps on those thin shots that on normal conditions would cut your normal shot in half. Here in the Houston area we practically play on a wet sponge daily. Couple that with the new modern courses where 1/4 to 1/3 of the course requires long carries over water, and if your game is not on rounds can be very frustrating. One of the few things I miss about Fort Worth are the golf courses and conditions. Rollout is definitely king.

> @bscinstnct said:

> Just saw Anne van Dam on the Scottish golf. Lot of guys would like to have this swing.

>

> 110mph, 285 average drive

>

I had never heard of Anne van Dam until yesterday. Wow, that woman looks to me like she has the perfect body to hit a golf ball a long way and a swing that is just fabulous. I hope she becomes a major fixture in women's golf for a long time.

• Like 1

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @BeerPerHole said:

> Athleticism trumps brute strength in this game. I don't see JT has having string bean legs, either. The kid is quick and very athletic. Would probably have been a very good boxer. I stood by Jon Rahm at Pebble recently. I'm 6', 222 and I think I read somewhere he's listed as 190. Uh, no. He's big. Both those guys built very differently but get it done. One of the things that makes golf so great.

No way Rahm is 190.

I'm not listing my stats but I'm bigger than Rahm (listed or perceived) and I hit it like Shibuno. I used to get annoyed, but I've accepted I'm not a long ball hitter off the tee.

The ball doesn't know how big you are.

And middle of clubface is way better than high toe.

Those ladies on the LPGA Tour are tiny and they can bomb it, with very little effort (270 avg.). The ladies tour has changed dramatically and the quality of play has risen to level that rival the men's tour (IMO). The cute factor has also risen to heights that has never been eyeballed before as well....LOL! Lots of good looking women out there if you pay attention to such things.... (IMO)…..LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @Pepperturbo said:

> In the OP's defense, conditions are enhanced to insure run out to create the appearance of distance. They do that on other tours as well. Not sure how much fairway enhancement happened, if any, at the Women's British Open. However, stateside, they go so far as to reverse grain on some fairways to ensure down-grain and running and distance measuring holes maybe down-breeze. Maybe a better way to say it would be little girls hit the ball like a little boy. Check out driving stats for the LPGA. It's partly why I don't watch the LPGA. I want to measure myself against those talents that hit it farther than this senior. lol

>

> At 68 yrs old, last year I played a local LPGA tour stop the week before the event. My driver average is around 240-248 yds + run out. No way I can describe how fast fairways were except to say the run out I was getting was huge and greens were spectacular. On one hole I hit my 2 iron with runout it was measured at 232 yards. Under benign or normal conditions, a good strike nowadays gets 215-220 yards. I loved it, the faster the better.

On course distance at a Tour stop is one thing, but measured Trackman data cant really be questioned. A decent number of LPGA & collegiate players can swing 100+ mph with driver and deliver it with incredible efficiency. Sounds like you hit it really well for your age, and that's commendable, but I guarantee there are a bunch of girls out there that would blow it by you. Just check out Angel Yin and Anne Van Dam. Maria Fassi, Lexi, and Ariya are two more. I've seen Yin hit it in person (played with my daughter at a US Women's Am); it's truly remarkable in sound, flight, carry, and total distance.

Lots of guys think like you until they actually play with a decent college or pro female player. My daughter plays collegiately and over her last spring break played several rounds with my men's group (0 to 15 hc guys in their 50s & 60s) in South FL. The guys agreed to let her play, so long as she competed from "our" tees (about 6500). She blew it by all of them and shot around par every round. Was no surprise to me, but many of them were literally incredulous. The same week we had her on Trackman consistently generating 150-153 ball speeds with driver at ~2300 spin. Yin, van Dam and the others I mentioned are capable of well beyond that at 160+ ball speeds.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

~152 ball speed here:

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

I've always thought some people are just quicker than others. I remember a kid I grew up with who wasn't terribly fast in a straight line but he could change directions on a dime. And he was just about the skinniest kid in school. Some people just have that ability to generate explosive speed for very short bursts. Maybe it has to do with the percentage of fast twitch muscle fiber they have. Better technique will get you more distance but I think we are all limited by the make up of our bodies. I didn't start playing golf until my 30's, but I don't think that is why I am a short hitter. I have never been quick or fast in any sport. Based on that, even if I had started playing when I was 6 years old, I don't think I would have developed tour level club speed.

• Like 1

Exactly - why do we not question our inability to throw a 95mph fastball or a shoot a 105mph slapshot? Yet - when it comes to golf we are surprised that the best of the best can hit it farther than us? Elite athletes in any sport have a certain genetic make-up that differentiate themselves from the rest of us. I'm not saying some hackers don't have tour level swing-speeds - some do - but that is the exception rather than the rule.

• Like 2

> @oiler45 said:

> Exactly - why do we not question our inability to throw a 95mph fastball or a shoot a 105mph slapshot? Yet - when it comes to golf we are surprised that the best of the best can hit it farther than us? Elite athletes in any sport have a certain genetic make-up that differentiate themselves from the rest of us. I'm not saying some hackers don't have tour level swing-speeds - some do - but that is the exception rather than the rule.

This is a great post. It's certainly an interesting phenomenon in golf. Perhaps its because there are plenty of pros who look like regular guys/gals compared to many other top professional sports?

Truth is though, most golfers have multiple power leaks in their swings that if addressed, would help them see significant increases. It's usually technique,sequencing, or quality of strike related. Improve those aspects and it's still unlikely you'll hit it as far as Rory , DJ, or even Anne van Dam, but most recreational players have plenty of untapped yards in them.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

> @dpb5031 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > In the OP's defense, conditions are enhanced to insure run out to create the appearance of distance. They do that on other tours as well. Not sure how much fairway enhancement happened, if any, at the Women's British Open. However, stateside, they go so far as to reverse grain on some fairways to ensure down-grain and running and distance measuring holes maybe down-breeze. Maybe a better way to say it would be little girls hit the ball like a little boy. Check out driving stats for the LPGA. It's partly why I don't watch the LPGA. I want to measure myself against those talents that hit it farther than this senior. lol

> >

> > At 68 yrs old, last year I played a local LPGA tour stop the week before the event. My driver average is around 240-248 yds + run out. No way I can describe how fast fairways were except to say the run out I was getting was huge and greens were spectacular. On one hole I hit my 2 iron with runout it was measured at 232 yards. Under benign or normal conditions, a good strike nowadays gets 215-220 yards. I loved it, the faster the better.

>

> On course distance at a Tour stop is one thing, but measured Trackman data cant really be questioned. A decent number of LPGA & collegiate players can swing 100+ mph with driver and deliver it with incredible efficiency. Sounds like you hit it really well for your age, and that's commendable, but I guarantee there are a bunch of girls out there that would blow it by you. Just check out Angel Yin and Anne Van Dam. Maria Fassi, Lexi, and Ariya are two more. I've seen Yin hit it in person (played with my daughter at a US Women's Am); it's truly remarkable in sound, flight, carry, and total distance.

>

> Lots of guys think like you until they actually play with a decent college or pro female player. My daughter plays collegiately and over her last spring break played several rounds with my men's group (0 to 15 hc guys in their 50s & 60s) in South FL. The guys agreed to let her play, so long as she competed from "our" tees (about 6500). She blew it by all of them and shot around par every round. Was no surprise to me, but many of them were literally incredulous. The same week we had her on Trackman consistently generating 150-153 ball speeds with driver at ~2300 spin. Yin, van Dam and the others I mentioned are capable of well beyond that at 160+ ball speeds.

Yeah, I supposed it's a natural reaction for men to be "incredulous" in such a situation. I never have been. Like one of my favorite Clint Eastwood lines...a man's gotta know his limitations. I started this thread tongue-in-cheek...knowing that would be missed by some.

My son, at 12 years old and 105 pounds, would routinely outdrive me and all but a couple of the guys I play with. We'd all just laugh our asses off at the spectacle. Too bad he's not playing anymore. I never saw anybody get miffed at him about it. My wife is improving, bless her, and is starting to hit drives 200+. One of my elderly playing partners put it best the other day..."F*%k! She outdrove me again!" LOL The best swing at our CC is owned by one of the ladies, a retired teacher. Pure butter, and right down the middle every time. Gotta love that.

• Like 1

> @BeerPerHole said:

> > @dpb5031 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > In the OP's defense, conditions are enhanced to insure run out to create the appearance of distance. They do that on other tours as well. Not sure how much fairway enhancement happened, if any, at the Women's British Open. However, stateside, they go so far as to reverse grain on some fairways to ensure down-grain and running and distance measuring holes maybe down-breeze. Maybe a better way to say it would be little girls hit the ball like a little boy. Check out driving stats for the LPGA. It's partly why I don't watch the LPGA. I want to measure myself against those talents that hit it farther than this senior. lol

> > >

> > > At 68 yrs old, last year I played a local LPGA tour stop the week before the event. My driver average is around 240-248 yds + run out. No way I can describe how fast fairways were except to say the run out I was getting was huge and greens were spectacular. On one hole I hit my 2 iron with runout it was measured at 232 yards. Under benign or normal conditions, a good strike nowadays gets 215-220 yards. I loved it, the faster the better.

> >

> > On course distance at a Tour stop is one thing, but measured Trackman data cant really be questioned. A decent number of LPGA & collegiate players can swing 100+ mph with driver and deliver it with incredible efficiency. Sounds like you hit it really well for your age, and that's commendable, but I guarantee there are a bunch of girls out there that would blow it by you. Just check out Angel Yin and Anne Van Dam. Maria Fassi, Lexi, and Ariya are two more. I've seen Yin hit it in person (played with my daughter at a US Women's Am); it's truly remarkable in sound, flight, carry, and total distance.

> >

> > Lots of guys think like you until they actually play with a decent college or pro female player. My daughter plays collegiately and over her last spring break played several rounds with my men's group (0 to 15 hc guys in their 50s & 60s) in South FL. The guys agreed to let her play, so long as she competed from "our" tees (about 6500). She blew it by all of them and shot around par every round. Was no surprise to me, but many of them were literally incredulous. The same week we had her on Trackman consistently generating 150-153 ball speeds with driver at ~2300 spin. Yin, van Dam and the others I mentioned are capable of well beyond that at 160+ ball speeds.

>

> Yeah, I supposed it's a natural reaction for men to be "incredulous" in such a situation. I never have been. Like one of my favorite Clint Eastwood lines...a man's gotta know his limitations. I started this thread tongue-in-cheek...knowing that would be missed by some.

>

> My son, at 12 years old and 105 pounds, would routinely outdrive me and all but a couple of the guys I play with. We'd all just laugh our asses off at the spectacle. Too bad he's not playing anymore. I never saw anybody get miffed at him about it. My wife is improving, bless her, and is starting to hit drives 200+. One of my elderly playing partners put it best the other day..."F*%k! She outdrove me again!" LOL The best swing at our CC is owned by one of the ladies, a retired teacher. Pure butter, and right down the middle every time. Gotta love that.

>

Fun topic ?! In my experience guys react a bit differently to a young man or boy hitting it past them than a girl. It's usually chalked up to, "man, if I only had the flexibility to turn like that," lol! Also more common for guys to have the opportunity to see boys on the course or on the range.

Most have never had the opportunity to play with a good female player, let alone one of the long hitters. It's pure numbers; way less female golfers in the game than guys, especially at the younger ages. Many guys I know have the same view @Pepperturbo did earlier in this discussion. "Fairways are hard and fast on LPGA, TV commentators exaggerate, theyre not as long as me, etc..."

Can't tell you how many times guys assume college women play from the "red" (forward) tees. And I'm talking about guys who otherwise know the game and are pretty good players in their own right at lower single digits. Funny to watch them swing out of their shoes after being airmailed on the first few holes...lol?! As I said, literally incredulous.

Sure, there are plenty of collegiate and LPGA players like Lydia Ko who aren't particularly long, but there are many who can really move it. Trackman ain't lying fellas!

I'm 51 and currently a 0 HC yet can only hit 160 ball speeds on my absolute best strikes anymore. When I play with my daughter, only my absolute best are longer, and it ain't gettin' easier with age and ailments. Like the men's game, I think we're going to see more and more power hitters on the LPGA.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

The median average driving distance on the LPGA is now 258 yds. This is up from 247 yds just five years ago, a 4.45% increase. The median on the PGA is currently 294, up from 289 in 2014, a 1.73% increase.

The longest hitter on the LPGA is hitting it 4.8% farther than the longest hitter in 2014. On the LPGA, Cameron is 1.15% longer on average than Bubba 5 years ago.

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @dpb5031 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > In the OP's defense, conditions are enhanced to insure run out to create the appearance of distance. They do that on other tours as well. Not sure how much fairway enhancement happened, if any, at the Women's British Open. However, stateside, they go so far as to reverse grain on some fairways to ensure down-grain and running and distance measuring holes maybe down-breeze. Maybe a better way to say it would be little girls hit the ball like a little boy. Check out driving stats for the LPGA. It's partly why I don't watch the LPGA. I want to measure myself against those talents that hit it farther than this senior. lol

> >

> > At 68 yrs old, last year I played a local LPGA tour stop the week before the event. My driver average is around 240-248 yds + run out. No way I can describe how fast fairways were except to say the run out I was getting was huge and greens were spectacular. On one hole I hit my 2 iron with runout it was measured at 232 yards. Under benign or normal conditions, a good strike nowadays gets 215-220 yards. I loved it, the faster the better.

>

> On course distance at a Tour stop is one thing, but measured Trackman data cant really be questioned. A decent number of LPGA & collegiate players can swing 100+ mph with driver and deliver it with incredible efficiency. Sounds like you hit it really well for your age, and that's commendable, but I guarantee there are a bunch of girls out there that would blow it by you. Just check out Angel Yin and Anne Van Dam. Maria Fassi, Lexi, and Ariya are two more. I've seen Yin hit it in person (played with my daughter at a US Women's Am); it's truly remarkable in sound, flight, carry, and total distance.

>

> Lots of guys think like you until they actually play with a decent college or pro female player. My daughter plays collegiately and over her last spring break played several rounds with my men's group (0 to 15 hc guys in their 50s & 60s) in South FL. The guys agreed to let her play, so long as she competed from "our" tees (about 6500). She blew it by all of them and shot around par every round. Was no surprise to me, but many of them were literally incredulous. The same week we had her on Trackman consistently generating 150-153 ball speeds with driver at ~2300 spin. Yin, van Dam and the others I mentioned are capable of well beyond that at 160+ ball speeds.

I have played in a few tournaments with a now-retired TX LPGA tour player friend, also PGA and Champion tour players; a few were neighbors and club members. Yes, there are a few young gals that can hit it by me, but the number is limited, NOT enough to argue for the field. Trackman this or that means nothing to me when compared to playing a challenging course. Take away prepared fairways, making carry distance a premium, there are not that many LPGA that can "carry" 250yrds+. Have a good day.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

> @dpb5031 said:

> > @BeerPerHole said:

> > > @dpb5031 said:

> > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > In the OP's defense, conditions are enhanced to insure run out to create the appearance of distance. They do that on other tours as well. Not sure how much fairway enhancement happened, if any, at the Women's British Open. However, stateside, they go so far as to reverse grain on some fairways to ensure down-grain and running and distance measuring holes maybe down-breeze. Maybe a better way to say it would be little girls hit the ball like a little boy. Check out driving stats for the LPGA. It's partly why I don't watch the LPGA. I want to measure myself against those talents that hit it farther than this senior. lol

> > > >

> > > > At 68 yrs old, last year I played a local LPGA tour stop the week before the event. My driver average is around 240-248 yds + run out. No way I can describe how fast fairways were except to say the run out I was getting was huge and greens were spectacular. On one hole I hit my 2 iron with runout it was measured at 232 yards. Under benign or normal conditions, a good strike nowadays gets 215-220 yards. I loved it, the faster the better.

> > >

> > > On course distance at a Tour stop is one thing, but measured Trackman data cant really be questioned. A decent number of LPGA & collegiate players can swing 100+ mph with driver and deliver it with incredible efficiency. Sounds like you hit it really well for your age, and that's commendable, but I guarantee there are a bunch of girls out there that would blow it by you. Just check out Angel Yin and Anne Van Dam. Maria Fassi, Lexi, and Ariya are two more. I've seen Yin hit it in person (played with my daughter at a US Women's Am); it's truly remarkable in sound, flight, carry, and total distance.

> > >

> > > Lots of guys think like you until they actually play with a decent college or pro female player. My daughter plays collegiately and over her last spring break played several rounds with my men's group (0 to 15 hc guys in their 50s & 60s) in South FL. The guys agreed to let her play, so long as she competed from "our" tees (about 6500). She blew it by all of them and shot around par every round. Was no surprise to me, but many of them were literally incredulous. The same week we had her on Trackman consistently generating 150-153 ball speeds with driver at ~2300 spin. Yin, van Dam and the others I mentioned are capable of well beyond that at 160+ ball speeds.

> >

> > Yeah, I supposed it's a natural reaction for men to be "incredulous" in such a situation. I never have been. Like one of my favorite Clint Eastwood lines...a man's gotta know his limitations. I started this thread tongue-in-cheek...knowing that would be missed by some.

> >

> > My son, at 12 years old and 105 pounds, would routinely outdrive me and all but a couple of the guys I play with. We'd all just laugh our asses off at the spectacle. Too bad he's not playing anymore. I never saw anybody get miffed at him about it. My wife is improving, bless her, and is starting to hit drives 200+. One of my elderly playing partners put it best the other day..."F*%k! She outdrove me again!" LOL The best swing at our CC is owned by one of the ladies, a retired teacher. Pure butter, and right down the middle every time. Gotta love that.

> >

> Fun topic ?! In my experience guys react a bit differently to a young man or boy hitting it past them than a girl. It's usually chalked up to, "man, if I only had the flexibility to turn like that," lol! Also more common for guys to have the opportunity to see boys on the course or on the range.

>

> Most have never had the opportunity to play with a good female player, let alone one of the long hitters. It's pure numbers; way less female golfers in the game than guys, especially at the younger ages. Many guys I know have the same view @Pepperturbo did earlier in this discussion. "Fairways are hard and fast on LPGA, TV commentators exaggerate, theyre not as long as me, etc..."

>

> Can't tell you how many times guys assume college women play from the "red" (forward) tees. And I'm talking about guys who otherwise know the game and are pretty good players in their own right at lower single digits. Funny to watch them swing out of their shoes after being airmailed on the first few holes...lol?! As I said, literally incredulous.

>

> Sure, there are plenty of collegiate and LPGA players like Lydia Ko who aren't particularly long, but there are many who can really move it. Trackman ain't lying fellas!

>

> I'm 51 and currently a 0 HC yet can only hit 160 ball speeds on my absolute best strikes anymore. When I play with my daughter, only my absolute best are longer, and it ain't gettin' easier with age and ailments. Like the men's game, I think we're going to see more and more power hitters on the LPGA.

>

As I said elsewhere I've played with LPGA, PGA and Champion tour players, some were neighbors. I play to 2-3 and played Aviara in SOCA two years back. The weekend before and the day after the LPGA finished their televised event. The course was playing fast, fairway run and undulation was fun, greens were holding and smooth as butter. In other words, the course was set up to play shorter than its yardage, and I played the Back tees about 6600yd or Blue (72.7/139) I hit 2-iron off one Par 4 tee knowing I could cover the dog-leg left but wasn't expecting 30 yards of bounce and runout and an easy 140+yard leave.

Number 18 is a dog-leg right tester that appears to wrap around a sizeable lake to a narrow landing area that leads up to the green. Women essentially played white tees with some Blue tees. I miss-hit my tee shot landing short of the water on an uphill undulation, got lucky. I hit 3 iron to the opposite side of the lake and it bounced and ran 20+yards, leaving PW to pin high and saved par. Pre-pared Tournament layouts are fun for me. I taped that event too so we could watch it and relate to ball position. We were amazed where their balls were ending up, but not surprised. Yes, some of the LPGA are long but it's only a small percentage. Have a good day...

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x