Pro V1 Left Dash Coming to Retail Oct 1st

PostandGhost

> @drvrwdge said:

> And sell more balls... ha. Imagine how many people ran out and switched balls, probably bought a few dozen they other wise wouldn't have then just went back to what they were using before.

I did that with AVX. It really does bore through the wind, it really does spin a bit less and under the right conditions it really does give a little extra distance (albeit mostly rollout).

But heck, it wasn't a Pro V1x. I've shot some of my best rounds ever with Pro V1x and I've played far more total rounds of golf with Pro V1x than any two or three other balls combined. So now I'm back with it.

At some point it's best to just own up to two facts. One, I am ultimately most comfortable with a familiar ball and two, I am too stupid to save my money and quit trying balls I'm not going to stick with. Golf, huh? What a mind job.

> @drvrwdge said:

> Yep. Grass is always greener. I’m guilty myself but I believe the benefits of being consistent and really becoming confident and comfortable with one ball far outway any yardage or spin you may pick up or drop by constantly switching to others, chasing the unicorn.

I know an anecdote of one isolated incident is meaningless. But this weekend I hit about a 30-yard pitch shot over a bunker with my SW and it came off the club perfectly. But honest to goodness, the instant I looked up and saw the ball I had a vivid image of it landed in the fringe a couple feet short of the green, taking a soft hop and coming up 10 feet short of the hole. I meant to hit it a couple yards farther so it would roll out a bit rather than being killed in the fringe.

Sure enough, it landed inches short of the green, took that soft hop and I ended up with about a 12-footer for par. That sort of thing happens all the time when I'm playing Pro V1x. It's just from hundreds and hundreds of rounds played with the same ball model.

• 2 weeks later...

The OP says this is low launch / low spin, but according to what I've read it's higher launch & lower spin vs. the V1x. I think this may have been mentioned earlier.

Agree with previous comments - sounds like something very similar to the TP5x. I've been playing the TP5x for close to a year now, and it's the best fit for me that I've found. Looking forward to trying these out!

• Like 1

Rogue ST LS 10.5 | TSi2 15 | G425 4H 20.5 | ZX4 4 | ZX5 5-P | CBX ZC 48 & 52.5 | RTX ZC TR 58 | Itsy Bitsy Spider | TP5x

> @Natural1 said:

> The OP says this is low launch / low spin, but according to what I've read it's higher launch & lower spin vs. the V1x. I think this may have been mentioned earlier.

> Agree with previous comments - sounds like something very similar to the TP5x. I've been playing the TP5x for close to a year now, and it's the best fit for me that I've found. Looking forward to trying these out!

I think Titleist copying another OEMs product that's gaining traction is most likely motivator, so this wouldnt surprise me. They've been doing it for years....prov1 was a reaction to tigers epic won at pebble 2000 open with a solid core Nike ball (supposedly a bridegstone)

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

> @JD3 said:

> > @Natural1 said:

> > The OP says this is low launch / low spin, but according to what I've read it's higher launch & lower spin vs. the V1x. I think this may have been mentioned earlier.

> > Agree with previous comments - sounds like something very similar to the TP5x. I've been playing the TP5x for close to a year now, and it's the best fit for me that I've found. Looking forward to trying these out!

>

> I think Titleist copying another OEMs product that's gaining traction is most likely motivator, so this wouldnt surprise me. They've been doing it for years....prov1 was a reaction to tigers epic won at pebble 2000 open with a solid core Nike ball (supposedly a bridegstone)

Not supposedly it was and that’s confirmed in several recent articles

I’m pretty sure titleist had the Prov1 ready or close to it before tigers win. They launched it in October of that year. Was the release early due to the win maybe but it’s not like they developed it in less than 4 months.

The left dash isn’t new either

I thought this was a fake thread at first, because the name of the ball sounded odd. What is the price point for these?

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

> @lazyjc4 said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > > @lazyjc4 said:

> > > Is it that much different than the AVX? I have loved the results I've had with that ball.

> > This makes me think the AVX was a precursor to this ball.

>

> I've no idea how well the AVX is selling, maybe Titleist believes that the similar spec ball can sell better under the PROV1 flagship, rather than be branded as an all together different ball.

The AVX is designed for a lower trajectory, the left dash is designed for a higher ball flight

The AVX wasn't made for tour pros, but amateurs that want a distance ball that looks like ProV1. I played AVX for a month, it was too soft and not nearly as good around the greens as ProV so went back to the ProV.

• TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD80R
  • T200 17' 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 95S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

> @Pepperturbo said:

> The AVX wasn't made for tour pros, but amateurs that want a distance ball that looks like ProV1. I played AVX for a month, it was too soft and not nearly as good around the greens as ProV so went back to the ProV.

After initially being a fan of AVX (mostly due to the 10 yards or so of extra rollout on my tee shots) it eventually become impossible to deny the fact that "spins less" will occasionally mean not holding a firm green.

I reconfirmed that this weekend by playing the last two holes of a round with an AVX dredged up from the bottom of my golf bag after I lost my Pro V1x. There's one green that pitches away from the fairway and is very difficult to hold for those of us with limited clubhead speed. Fortunately, on the right side of the green there's a mound that will provide a backstop if you are hitting your approach from the left side of the fairway. I took care of the first half of the strategy with a tee shot that just barely stayed inside left edge of the fairway.

My shot with the AVX was a cleanly struck 8-iron that landed right at the base of the backstop. With Pro V1x that ball runs 3-4 feet up the side of the mound, then peels off and circles around onto the back of the green. With the AVX it climbed about 10 feet, rumbled on over the top of the mound and settled in the fringe 40 feet from the hole. Ended up missing a 3-1/2 foot par putt.

Low spin giveth and low spin taketh away. I'm firmly back in the "give me all the spin I can get on irons and wedges" camp, myself.

• Like 1

> @Natural1 said:

> The OP says this is low launch / low spin, but according to what I've read it's higher launch & lower spin vs. the V1x. I think this may have been mentioned earlier.

> Agree with previous comments - sounds like something very similar to the TP5x. I've been playing the TP5x for close to a year now, and it's the best fit for me that I've found. Looking forward to trying these out!

Sounds like the Titleist version of the TP5x.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

> @kftgolfer said:

> Just saw this article definitely will be giving these a try:

>

> https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/09/10/here-is-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-titleist-pro-v1x-left-dash-golf-ball-equipment.webview.html

That's the straight interview with the TItleist marketing guy. Thanks for the link.

Much more straight-talk than the highly "paraphrased" version on The Forum Which Shall Not Be Named.

P.S. The last thing I need is less spin but there's that little demon on my shoulder saying, "It will be October 1 before you know it...."

> @chjyner97 said:

> I am excited to try it out. Especially in the Texas winds, we have down here.

Yes sir, me too! My perfect ball would be a really low launching, low spinning variant of the PRO V1X (since I prefer harder balls, that go farther with driver), but this is much better for me than the regular Pro V1X, we will see. Texas wind is no joke (San Antonio, here)

So I’m told retailers are only getting 6 dozen of these each when they hit. Anybody else hear that ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @JD3 said:

> > > @Natural1 said:

> > > The OP says this is low launch / low spin, but according to what I've read it's higher launch & lower spin vs. the V1x. I think this may have been mentioned earlier.

> > > Agree with previous comments - sounds like something very similar to the TP5x. I've been playing the TP5x for close to a year now, and it's the best fit for me that I've found. Looking forward to trying these out!

> >

> > I think Titleist copying another OEMs product that's gaining traction is most likely motivator, so this wouldnt surprise me. They've been doing it for years....prov1 was a reaction to tigers epic won at pebble 2000 open with a solid core Nike ball (supposedly a bridegstone)

>

> Not supposedly it was and that’s confirmed in several recent articles

>

> I’m pretty sure titleist had the Prov1 ready or close to it before tigers win. They launched it in October of that year. Was the release early due to the win maybe but it’s not like they developed it in less than 4 months.

>

> The left dash isn’t new either

Been using TPx dash for years...

4039pvffjg38.jpg

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Rogue Elite 859 65R

Adams Idea Pro 20° VS Proto
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW XP115
Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

> @2over said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > So I’m told retailers are only getting 6 dozen of these each when they hit. Anybody else hear that ?

>

> Yep, that's what my Titleist account rep told me... you better be on good terms with your pro/golf shop if you want some.

>

>

Geez, I had talked myself out of even trying them for curiosity sake. But when you tell me there's a LIMITED SUPPLY? Oh my goodness, now I've got to have some.

I am pathetic.

> @2over said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > So I’m told retailers are only getting 6 dozen of these each when they hit. Anybody else hear that ?

>

> Yep, that's what my Titleist account rep told me... you better be on good terms with your pro/golf shop if you want some.

>

>

I am. Just hate to be the hog that buys all 6. lol

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @2over said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > So I’m told retailers are only getting 6 dozen of these each when they hit. Anybody else hear that ?

> >

> > Yep, that's what my Titleist account rep told me... you better be on good terms with your pro/golf shop if you want some.

> >

> >

> I am. Just hate to be the hog that buys all 6. lol

>

Welcome to my life...

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

• 2 weeks later...

Multiple ppl have stated this ball is low launch low spin unless you have high swing speed. Yet the tour players listed in the PGAtour.com article were mostly lower swing speed guys, and the article claims high launch (dimple pattern) with low spin. I’m getting a strong vibe that this is actually going to help lower swing speed guys - high compression, low spin?? LETS GO