APPLY NOW: L.A.B. Golf Directed Force Putters! 10 Testers Needed!

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well?

**Confidence - when i am consistently hitting the center of the face I feel like I can be in "attack-mode" on the greens and sink putts from distance**

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly?

**Control of the clubface... Have a tendency to miss to both sides of the sweetspot. Distance control and start line suffer and it becomes a bad day on the greens. Playing defense, trying not to three putt.**

3) What is your handicap?

**11**

TaylorMade SIM 8* - Aldila Rogue White 60TX

TaylorMade SIM 17* - Aldila Rogue White 70TX

PING G410 Crossover 19* - Project X 6.5

PING i210 4-U - Project X 6.5

PING Glide 3.0 54WS, 60SS - Project X 6.0

PXG One & Done

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd get chastised by my rep for this post, especially since I'm on Callaway's National fitters board....but the DF putter has been a game changer for me. I put mine in play in February and I've had an amazing year putting. Many of my members have been fit, ordered, and have LOVED their DF putters as well.

I even paid for mine.....

First golf club I've paid for in a LONG time.

Callaway National Fitters Board/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff
AI Smoke Max - Lin-Q M40X Blue 
AI Smoke Max 3W - Lin-Q M40X Red
AI Smoke Max 5W - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex UW - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex Pro 24 5-8, CB 9-11 - Recoil Dart 105
JAWS Raw 54W,60Z - Recoil Wedge Proto 110
Toulon Le Mans - UST All-In
Chrome Tour

**1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well?** - When I'm putting well, it feels effortless to where I can just focus on the speed of the putt and I can trust my stroke and line.

**2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly?** - My biggest struggle with putting is the 5 - 10 footers to where I feel as though I have to manipulate the face and path of putt. This is where I feel a L.A.B. putter would be very beneficial for my game and I don't actively have to focus on keeping the putter square. Letting the putter the technology work and just focus on the speed.

**3) What is your handicap?** - I started off this season around 19 HC and have been able to reduce that down to a 12 HC. Being able to reduce the number of 3 putts and short misses would allow me to get to my 1st goal of single digit.

Thanks to GolfWrx and L.A.B. Golf for the wonderful opportunity to win. I've been intrigued with these putters after seeing Monte use one and the most recent TXG review that further validated the technology.

1) Feels like the cup is just a bit larger than normal and distance is spot on. A state of “flow.”

2) Biggest challenge is setting up with correct aim.

3) 10 handicap

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

-divine intervention, or, like I’m hitting high draws

-short putts inside 5 feet

-

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

1. What does it feel like when you’re putting well?

My forearms, hands and the putter all work together effortlessly and rhythmically. Everything feels loose but connected.

2. What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly?

Moving prematurely during the stroke. Which leads to a lack of confidence which leads to more peeking.

3. What is your handicap? +3

I am only thinking about the putt I want to hit. No thoughts about stroke, distance or technique.

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Distance control. If my putting is off, I can focus in on face angle etc, but doing so completely makes distance control a second (or third) priority.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? I noticed, when I'm putting well, I can actually feel the putter graze along the grass. Normally, it floats when I address the ball and follow-through.

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? I find that when I'm putting poorly, I actually have two major problems: alignment and weight/distance control. My putts seems to always miss to the right. My friend says that it's a result of my failure to close the putter face when I hit. I actually think I am just really bad at aiming. The second issue is I tend to hit my putts short. This is more a result of my attempt to correct for the hitting away / opening the putter face.

3) What is your handicap? 31.2

Thanks for the opportunity, and awesome for whoever gets to try these!

I really like the idea of the mallet putter being used to eliminate (reduce?) torque from the hands. I actually know which putter I'd love to have if I am accepted to this program. I would like the blue Directed Force 2.1 with the pressgrip 2.M. If not, then the red midsize pressgrip. I'd love to try the Breakthrough Golf (BGT) shaft, but realize that's REALLY asking a lot. If you guys are willing to do it, that'd be awesome. I would want the putter head design attached. :D

yxs0pzu54tkg.jpg

The Questions

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? I'm usually confident in my putting after figuring out the speed.

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Wondering constantly if tech can help me?!

3) What is your handicap? 3

edit-following on twitter

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? **I feel as if I see my lines and speed without even thinking. I step up to the putt and I know it is going in.**

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? **Putts will fall off in one direction and then I will overcompensate to fix. I unknowingly create an issue with doubt. **

3) What is your handicap? **4**

Thank you for this great opportunity!

I can see the "line" similar to what you see on TV, I can see the line based on the pace that I will hit the ball and the hole looks like it is twice it's actual size.

My reads start to go haywire, I believe this is from starting the ball not on my line once or twice and my brain messes with my reads due to the fact I have pulled a put or two already. This leads to poor distance control on longer putts and missed shorter putts, which inevitably means more three putts. When I average 13 greens in regulation a round a bad putting day can ruin a good ballstriking day.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

**1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well?**

I honestly cannot remember a time where I thought to myself "wow I'm putting really well right now." When I putt best, my distance control is much better than typical and that leads to a lot more tap ins.

**2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly?**

Definitely finding a putter I feel comfortable with. I prefer to stand upright when putting, and at 6'3" that equates to around a 36" putter. Most putters nowadays have such a heavy head, that at 36" it feels like I'm swinging a hammer on the greens. My biggest putting challenges are speed control as well as my ability to close the putter face. When I miss, I almost ALWAYS miss out to the right (right handed golfer).

**3) What is your handicap?**

I am a 1.4 handicap and I average 33 and change putts per round. It's far and away my worst area.

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

I feel like when I’m putting well, my tempo is smooth and there isn’t a lot of arc to my stroke. It’s almost like a very small version of a full swing, with a tiny bit of lag and the sense that the head isn’t fighting me on the way forward but is in sync. Ideally, I’ll come through the ball with a nice “tock” at impact, and the whole action feels very natural and stress-free. Which makes sense, because it’s just a tiny swing.

Lag putting is my great weakness. I leave way too many first putts way too short, such that I have a real struggle in trying to make a second putt from 8 to 12 feet. Normally, it’s because I have a long distance to go, but I’m afraid of hitting the ball too hard and putting it way past the pin. I recently read Mark Broadie’s book and looked at some PGA tour stats—what really stood out to me is that PGA tour pros just refuse to 3 putt. So, a putter that helps me lag it close on a consistent basis from long distances (or just improving my skill at lag putting) would be a major difference in my scoring.

Like Aimpoint and Vector putting are effortless, almost like cheating.

The putter sits balanced without me having to make sure it is.

Listening to my dad’s chirping about how I can’t take him yet.

Technically it’s the feeling that the head is drooping and the clubface is always closed or closing and the ball is constantly wanting to go left.

Mentally it’s the constant questioning if I have the right putter or if maybe I should try arm lock or wondering why some putters can feel so good on a testing mat and so crap on a green in competitive rounds or whether I need a stability shaft or a new insert etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Scratch.

*Followed on Instagram.

I hit my intended line with proper speed without overthinking about the numerous variables involved in putting. Once i have my read and strike the putt the ball is exactly where I expect it to be.

Hitting the my intended line, I have a tendency to pick up slightly and cut across the ball on shorter breaking putts.

+1

Not much thought, total confidence. You know that you have a chance to hole every short-mid range putt and every lag will result in a 2-putt.

Complete lack of confidence in the line in addition to a yippy stroke when i'm not putting well equals a disaster. Feels like i'm guessing on everything outside of 2 feet.

Currently a 7.5

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? The feel is there's no need to think about anything other than speed and line. Just point and shoot. Each putt is struck perfectly and the feel of the ball rolls off the putter with solid contact is unmistakable.

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Distance control. There are days when you just can't seem to dial in the speed. It is very much likely caused by some other factors in the stroke, resulting in inconsistent contact with the ball and affecting speed.

3) What is your handicap? 6

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

**It feels great! I just wish it was more frequently. When I am putting well I'm able to start the ball on my intended line every time.**

**Distance control and not getting the ball rolling off the face well**

**10-12**

Ok. First off. I call dibs on this one. I’m literally in need of putting confidence like no other person I know. ( joke guys a joke )

1. What does it feel like what you’re putting well?

Well. Let me think back to those days. Many moons ago. Lol. For me it’s always line. Days where I can see the line over a putt I feel like I can’t miss. But I haven’t felt that since sometime early last summer as I recall. I get more birdie looks than most , and I just do not make many that aren’t 2 putt birdies on par 5s or drivable par 4s.

2. What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly

Alignment / starting the putt on line. A recent trackman fitting showed me to consistently line up 5-7 degrees left of target. I’m extremely left eye dominant , right handed player. So my left eye isn’t behind the ball to see. That fitting out me into a center shaft putter. Which has helped. But that was just a few weeks ago , and after my tournaments and qualifiers were over and 3 putted away. So no real confidence noticed yet.

3. What is your handicap.

As of last revision +.03. Hovered between that and 1.8 all summer while making NoTHiNG ON THE GREENS !!!!! HELP!!!! Lol.

Thanks to direct force and golf Wrx for the opportunity.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

- It feels smooth and thoughtless. I feel like I have a chance at making every putt I see.

- Either pushing putts right or not getting them to the hole.

- Currently a 10 but have been as low as an 8 or so.

I only think of line and speed and no mechanics. But it is more like not thinking at all, but reacting to what I see and feel.

Reading greens and probably having a consistent set up. I can get set up wrong to what I perceive as the line, and my body almost unconsciously tries to over correct using my hands.

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Ping G410  7 wood set at 19, Tensei Orange

Srixon ZX 4 MKii 4 iron, ZX 5 MKii 5,6 irons  ZX7 MKii  7-PW KBS TGI 90

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 50, 54, 60

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 Max 16 CB, 39 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? **I don't have to grind over my takeaway in order to make sure that I'm not taking the putter back too far outside, which leads to me pulling putts. The takeaway feels automatic**

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? **Poor contact on the putter, due to not being able to make a repeatable stroke. Distance control starts to suffer as a result of strike inconsistencies.**

3) What is your handicap? **+2.7**

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Tensei Pro Orange 60s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Mizuno Pro 225 5-PW | Dynamic Gold 120 S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

**I am confident the ball will travel the line I envisioned.**

**Distance control**

**13**

Ping G410+ 10.5
Ping G400SFT 3W, 5W 7W
Mavrik 6-GW
Cleveland CBX 52, Titliest SM8 57
Odyssey DoubleWide F LStrokelab

It's a day where I feel like I know exactly how hard to hit a put on a given line. Like most things are going to at least have a chance, regardless of distance. I know that nothing is going to end outside of a quick tap in type range.

Typically it compounds after either slamming one by or leaving it woefully short. The confidence in the shorter ones just slowly evaporates and nothing feels like it will go in with any confidence. Putts start to get a little stabby and not always rolling all that well off the face.

3) What is your handicap? 2

Thank you for the opportunity.

The Questions

When I'm putting well it feels like the head of the putter swings itself. When I putt with my eyes closed there are no compensations in my stroke or small twitches with my hands and arms. When I'm putting well I tend to have this same feeling the putter just swings and a smooth arch

The toe turns over too quickly.

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

**No need to think about the stroke, just pick a spot and putt to it, allowing the ball to fall into the hole**.

**The pull miss. Especially short ones. Anything inside 8ish feet gets very uncomfortable. **

3) What is your handicap? **4**