2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2019 Titleist T200 irons

GolfWRX

Anyone else pre-ordered these at Edwin Watts and not got them? I have been calling all week (including yesterday). Called again today and now they say they dont even have my pre-order on their list. As you can imagine im beyond mad at this point, the whole reason I pre-ordered them is to have them the first day they would be available. This is one of the worst customer service experiences I have gotten, anywhere and I will most likely need to escalate this to a higher level (not the store, but higher up)

> @msands12 said:

> I just got back to the office from an outdoor fitting for the new T Line. I had the best results and ordered a set of T200 4-PW. I will try and give you

> guys as much information about my fitting and how I ended up going with T200. Ask any questions if need be.

>

> 6 weeks ago I went in for an iron fitting. We tried Apex, Apex Pro, 919 Forged & Tour, 718 Ap2 & Ap3. After a very in-depth and detailed fitting I had the best results with the 718 Ap2 in X100 AMT White. Being that my fitter is world class, he said he wouldn’t sell me clubs or let me pay for the fitting until the new Titleist gear came in for his fitting cart. And with the 718 Ap2 still spinning a bit lower than needed, he wanted to see if any of the new gear would better help in spin.

>

> Today I arrived and it was a very hot day and a slight wind that was in and off the right. He had a T200 in 7i built and ready to test. After some warm ups, lie test and feeling ready to go. We jumped to the area where he has his FlightScope set up. Here are my take aways from my experience:

>

> 1. The T200 looks just like the 718 Ap2 at address in terms of top line, size and shape. He even had the 718 Ap2 head out to test against and show me.

> 2. If I didn’t know already, that the face was forged, I would have thought it was a forged club in terms of feel. I could not tell a difference in feel between the T200 and T100 in terms of forged feeling.

> 3. There is a little bit of offset, but I didn’t mind it to be honest and it looks a lot less to me, then what I would think for a club with more offset then the T100 and 718 Ap2. It was very easy to set down and sat naturally square at address.

> 4. The turf interaction was awesome. And that is with Texas summer fairways / course grass.

> 5. The kicker for me was how impressed I was on toe strikes. My miss on the face is always toe side. My 716 Ap2 where awful on two strikes. I only saw on average 4-5 yard difference in carry distance on toe strikes.

> 6. Yes, the lofts are jacked, but I guess due to the CG, new tech and all that, my distances where right on par with my current gamers and what I want in a 7i (170-175 carry)

> 7. The T200 didn’t have that terrible “click” sound I thought the Ap3 had. I had no issues with impact sound the T200 made.

>

> The T100 are a great looking and feeling iron. They are a bit more blade like in shape, offset and size. I would say if you are a CB player and want to game something CB like but have all the new tech and added forgiveness, this would be a club for you to look at. I couldn’t get the T100 to spin enough and toe strikes where still a little to punishing for my liking. The golf hoe in me wants to play t100, but I need clubs that help when the operator isn’t working right. The data was very similar to the 718 Ap2 data from my fitting 6 weeks ago.

>

> My handicap is currently a 7 and I do believe I found a great iron to help with my biggest weakness… iron play. My set make up will be 4 - PW +1/2 1* flat with AMT X100 White.

>

> Swing and ball data averages from my fitting where: 90mph swing speed, 14.5* launch, 6940 spin, descent angle 42.5*, ball speed 119.5 and carry distance 176.9.

>

> As far as the gapping in wedges, I currently have a 50, 54 and 58. As he mentioned, every player has a gap, it just depends on the player and their game. When the new irons come and we do a fit testing, he is going to bend my 50 to a 48 and see if we can help with some of the gapping. If the 50 bent doesn’t work or causes any issues with turf interaction or ball flight issues, he said i might have to order the GW if I want to play a 3 wedge set up.

I just hit the T200's today (I'm a 4 HCP) and I loved them so much (Over the T100) that I ordered a full set in the PX LZ 6.0, 1 degree weak. I concur with everything you said above and had similar results. These irons look amazing at address and feel exceptional.

Saw these in store today and was shocked at how much better they look compared to the pictures. I played AP2 forever so they remind me of them looking down as far as blade length and size but the top line was definitely thinner and looked better. These fit my eye really good but I can't get over them not being fully forged, I just didn't like the feel as much as an AP2 or the T100. Still wish the T100 looked exactly like these at address but they are definitely smaller. If these were fully forged I think I would go ahead and buy a set with the 48 deg wedge or a Vokey 48 to fix the distance gapping issues but I think I'll most likely end up with a set of T100 6-PW but then use the T200 5 iron and a U500 4 iron. Was totally against a T200 4 or 5 iron but seeing them in person I did like them a lot better than pictures so hope it blends well. If I find the T100 not forgiving enough over time I could easily see myself switching over to a full set of these.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> Saw these in store today and was shocked at how much better they look compared to the pictures. I played AP2 forever so they remind me of them looking down as far as blade length and size but the top line was definitely thinner and looked better. These fit my eye really good but I can't get over them not being fully forged, I just didn't like the feel as much as an AP2 or the T100. Still wish the T100 looked exactly like these at address but they are definitely smaller. If these were fully forged I think I would go ahead and buy a set with the 48 deg wedge or a Vokey 48 to fix the distance gapping issues but I think I'll most likely end up with a set of T100 6-PW but then use the T200 5 iron and a U500 4 iron. Was totally against a T200 4 or 5 iron but seeing them in person I did like them a lot better than pictures so hope it blends well. If I find the T100 not forgiving enough over time I could easily see myself switching over to a full set of these.

Agreed on looks, I think the pics online make them look way worse than in person. I went a little nuts this year, and after a fitting concluded that T200 or P790 were almost identical fits. I ordered the T200's on the advice of my fitter but honestly should have waited and thought about it. I kept churning over the P790's, so in a "you only live once" moment ordered them too. I was convinced I didnt want the T200's as I kept looking at online pics... just feels like Titleist abandoned their clean looks and wanted to scream tech packed with the new design. The P790's look so pure from any angle, that I felt like that was the extra edge I needed. I was at my local shop and looked at the T200's, and in person they look much better. I still plan on selling whatever set doesnt work, which might sound crazy to most but what I think is crazy is buying a set of irons off of an hour of 7 iron shots. I think what turns me off the most about T200 is the screw vs non screw halfway through the set, go ahead and flame me for looks critiquing but these are expensive and you have to love them. I come from AP2 forever and the performance of the new T200's is spot on, but identical to TM's for me... gotta take the edge where I can get it. At least this way I can test full sets and see what works, in the hopes of not buying next years release hahaha. I honestly think that in most cases equipment is so close brand to brand we have more choices than ever, the discerning details are what set each brand apart now. Titleist to me seems to be in a weird place where they finally recognized they needed to catch up to other brands, but they ended up dressing their performance upgrades in neon lights... the T300 may be the ugliest iron I have ever seen.

This may have been mentioned before, and I apologize if it has, but has anyone noticed that the 7 iron T200 is missing a groove at the top? It only has 12 grooves and the T100 and T300 both have 13 grooves. It’s like they forgot to put the baby groove on the toe. It’s the anti-high toe club. It looks really weird at address.

• Like 1

First assessment of the T-200s after my first range section (200 balls):

Little background beforehand: I played nike forged pro combo tours for 14 years, then to quit golf for 5 years due to wrist surgery and work, came back this year, bought "game improvement" irons (718 AP1s) and now traded-in the AP1s for the T-200s. So most of my golfing life, I have played with forged irons, blade short irons.

T200:

Looks: This is a HUGE improvement over my previous 718 AP1s, much much thinner topline and a lot smaller heel to toe, just perfectly fitting my eye. This smaller look actually gives me confidence (in my case)

Sound/Feel: This has to be the #1 selling point for this iron, besides the usual distance gain, etc. The feel instantly reminded me of my Nike forged, that sweet buttery feel when hitting in the middle, that keeps you coming for more. Added to that, is that beautiful but not obnoxious sound, that lets you know when you hit it flush and when you hit it badly.

Distance / Ball flight(compared to 718 AP1) - Pretty much the same exact distance as AP1, but can definitely work the ball much easier on this irons. I think is because these spin a bit more than the AP1s, I can add more curve with ease. My stock shot is a draw and with the T-200s is a more prominent draw than with the AP1, without converting to a hook or uncontrollable at all. I quite like the trajectory as well, its very similar to AP1, but the ball seems to arrive at its apex much later in the flight, which could potentially mean more distance with a really steep descent angle. I know I wont have ay problem stopping ay greens with these (to be fair, I didn't have any problems stopping greens with the AP1s either, even 4 irons were stopping withing 5-8 feet).

Forgiveness: Now, this is quite interesting to me. While this iron is significantly smaller than the 718 AP1, it seemed to give me the same forgiveness, just in a smaller package (win-win for me). There is no loss in forgiveness with the T-200, at all. The 4 iron was flying like a rocket in the air, really high and slight draw, will never complain about that flight.

Turf Interaction: I ADORE the turf interaction I was getting today at the range, they were cutting through the grass like nothing, this feature will be loved by so many people. In contrast, the 718 AP1 were horrible when it came to turf interaction.

Cant wait to keep testing them and take them for a run at the course this weekend!!!!! I'm really pumped after the first practice section with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

herbert7890 - thanks for the review and photos. One quick question - did you get the chance to hit the GW/48 and if so how was it?

Ping 430 LST 10.5, Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 65X
Ping 425 17, 19 & 22 deg hybrids,  Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno 923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, DG 105 
Mizuno S23 54 deg wedge

Vokey SM6 60 K wedge
Mizuno IOMI #3 putter

Titleist ProV1x 

Vessel Lux Lite Bag

> @MyShortGameSucks said:

> herbert7890 - thanks for the review and photos. One quick question - did you get the chance to hit the GW/48 and if so how was it?

Yes! that was the first club I tried! the 48 was awesome in terms of flight trajectory (lower, which is better for me) and still has thinner profile which is preferable for scoring clubs.

I'm really in love with these clubs, only thing I might tweak if necessary would be lowering the flight in the long irons (maybe change them to AMT White), but cant complain about long and high really on long irons.

My son got his 5 - GW T200 (KBS Tour X) and 2 iron U500 (Evenflow White X) on Friday. Played a few holes with them today. LOVES them. I was worried what he would think of the 48 GW as he has played 50 deg Vokey for years but he really enjoyed the extra distance/forgiveness on full shots and found it easy for longer chips around the green. Decent gapping so far with his new 53 deg and 58 deg Vokeys..

• Like 1

Mizuno S23 54 deg wedge

Vokey SM6 60 K wedge
Mizuno IOMI #3 putter

Titleist ProV1x 

Vessel Lux Lite Bag

> @MyShortGameSucks said:

> My son got his 5 - GW T200 (KBS Tour X) and 2 iron U500 (Evenflow White X) on Friday. Played a few holes with them today. LOVES them. I was worried what he would think of the 48 GW as he has played 50 deg Vokey for years but he really enjoyed the extra distance/forgiveness on full shots and found it easy for longer chips around the green. Decent gapping so far with his new 53 deg and 58 deg Vokeys..

I’m curious, what does he gap between the t200 5 iron and u500 2iron?

He has 19 and 23 deg 818 Hybrids then a 15 deg TS3 fairway. Tue U500 was bought as an additional club to be swapped in for shorter/tighter courses. May drop the 3 wood or the 19 hybrid - depends on course.

Mizuno S23 54 deg wedge

Vokey SM6 60 K wedge
Mizuno IOMI #3 putter

Titleist ProV1x 

Vessel Lux Lite Bag

First round with the T-200s today (in a completely new course to me). Shot my best score since coming back 4 months ago, 75 (+3) after a 5 year laidoff. Shot even in the back nine and this is really long course, with 2 par 5s over 600 yards. I must say part o the score is due to the amazing T-200s which were amazing today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A month and a half ago I went to club champion to get fit for the T200s. Wound up getting pxg 0211s 95 elevates. Played them for a couple of weeks and wasn’t loving them. Turf interaction wasn’t great. I think they have a lot of bounce and I’m used to lower bounce irons - played original ap2s for 8 years and ap3s for 2 years. So decided to get a set of t200s xp95 stiffs. Have two rounds with them and a couple range sessions and they feel incredible. The turf interaction is so good. I’m a sweeper but am taking nice little divots with my t200s. Really struggled to take a divot with the pxg 0211s. I also like the fact that when you don’t hit the ball great with the t200s, you can tell. But when you hit it pure it feels amazing. With the 0211s feel is pretty much the same no matter where you hit it on the face. Similar to the p790s. Lesson here is it’s so important to get fit on grass vs turf matts. Would have saved a lot of money if I got fit outdoors from the beginning.

• Thanks 1

Great reviews so far, really peaking my interest in switching to the T-200’s. I have a question for everyone that has been fit and made the switch to T-200’s on shaft selection. Have you kept the same shaft as your current irons or moved to one with higher spin?

I have hit them twice, on an indoor monitor and outside with Trackman. Problem was, I was the last fitting at a demo day so it seemed I was just rushed along. The fitter said I had great results with the KBS stiff, but that was the only thing I hit and I didn’t notice the spin numbers. The dispersion was tight with these and that is why I am looking to switch. 7i SS was 90-95 and based on ball flight I feel like keeping the PX LZ 6.5’s I use now could improve my numbers. Assuming this because ball flight was very high and distance was about 5 yards short of where I would have expected (loft for loft comparing it to my 6i carry), and the fact that my gamer ball will spin more than a range ball. I have also always had high spin numbers, and stiffer shafts have helped dispersion and distance. Just curious because I would imagine these would be lower spin than my current AP2’s. Thanks for the input everyone.

SIM 10.5, Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
TS2 15, Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
818 H2 19, Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
718 AP3 4-5, PZ LZ 6.5
718 AP2 6-PW, PX LZ 6.5
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 
Odyssey 2 Ball 10S

> @scarp2 said:

> > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > Anyone that had anything to do with naming Txxx or designing the badging for this series should be fired. Just so bad on so many levels.

>

> Yet you are playing them?

The initial pictures looked terrible. Took me several weeks to come around to them. They look completely different in person than the pics and I like the look in person. The initial gray shading on first pics I saw looked really bad but it doesn't look like that in person. Same thing with initial TM P760 those looked even worse but I like the look in person as well. I'm new to this site this year but I can say I've learned to not care what pictures people put up on here and wait to see in person.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

there is something about a 43 degree pw that ruin it for me. i was considering including these in any upcoming testing, likely the hmb and 790s. seeing these strong lofts has ruled them out.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

I got fit for these irons about 10 days ago. I couldnt decide on these or the MP 20 MMCs so I ended up ordering both. Both sets look similar at address and both felt similar at impact too. I ended up with 4-W1, the stock AMT Black S300 1/2" over standard and 2* flat. I didnt get the high balloning trajectory like some with the Black . I pretty much can fit into most any stock offering. Its hard for me to notice any minute difference. Im excited to get these. Its been 8 business days and still waiting. How long have you guys had to wait to get your T200s? I plan on doing some extensive testing with both sets then deciding on which I like. I also ordered 2 new jet black SM7s to go with the T200s. I ended up with a 52* 1/2" long and 2* flat, then a 58* 1/2" long and 1* flat. Both wedges will have my iron shafts in them

My buddy, I kid you not, picked up 22 yards of carry with this 7i vs his old set ... nuts

He's a 12 capper flying his 7 about 177 now

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

• 5 weeks later...

T200 looks and feels great but is slightly flawed. I've had mine a month and already there are dents on the semi-circular ring around the screw. It's raised metal and has a cavity behind it. The metal is quite thin and thus prone to dents from just normal wear (clubs banging on each other during normal play). Overall 4 out of 5, but 1 taken off for poor cosmetic design.

> @msands12 said:

> I just got back to the office from an outdoor fitting for the new T Line. I had the best results and ordered a set of T200 4-PW. I will try and give you

> guys as much information about my fitting and how I ended up going with T200. Ask any questions if need be.

>

> 6 weeks ago I went in for an iron fitting. We tried Apex, Apex Pro, 919 Forged & Tour, 718 Ap2 & Ap3. After a very in-depth and detailed fitting I had the best results with the 718 Ap2 in X100 AMT White. Being that my fitter is world class, he said he wouldn’t sell me clubs or let me pay for the fitting until the new Titleist gear came in for his fitting cart. And with the 718 Ap2 still spinning a bit lower than needed, he wanted to see if any of the new gear would better help in spin.

>

> Today I arrived and it was a very hot day and a slight wind that was in and off the right. He had a T200 in 7i built and ready to test. After some warm ups, lie test and feeling ready to go. We jumped to the area where he has his FlightScope set up. Here are my take aways from my experience:

>

> 1. The T200 looks just like the 718 Ap2 at address in terms of top line, size and shape. He even had the 718 Ap2 head out to test against and show me.

> 2. If I didn’t know already, that the face was forged, I would have thought it was a forged club in terms of feel. I could not tell a difference in feel between the T200 and T100 in terms of forged feeling.

> 3. There is a little bit of offset, but I didn’t mind it to be honest and it looks a lot less to me, then what I would think for a club with more offset then the T100 and 718 Ap2. It was very easy to set down and sat naturally square at address.

> 4. The turf interaction was awesome. And that is with Texas summer fairways / course grass.

> 5. The kicker for me was how impressed I was on toe strikes. My miss on the face is always toe side. My 716 Ap2 where awful on two strikes. I only saw on average 4-5 yard difference in carry distance on toe strikes.

> 6. Yes, the lofts are jacked, but I guess due to the CG, new tech and all that, my distances where right on par with my current gamers and what I want in a 7i (170-175 carry)

> 7. The T200 didn’t have that terrible “click” sound I thought the Ap3 had. I had no issues with impact sound the T200 made.

>

> The T100 are a great looking and feeling iron. They are a bit more blade like in shape, offset and size. I would say if you are a CB player and want to game something CB like but have all the new tech and added forgiveness, this would be a club for you to look at. I couldn’t get the T100 to spin enough and toe strikes where still a little to punishing for my liking. The golf hoe in me wants to play t100, but I need clubs that help when the operator isn’t working right. The data was very similar to the 718 Ap2 data from my fitting 6 weeks ago.

>

> My handicap is currently a 7 and I do believe I found a great iron to help with my biggest weakness… iron play. My set make up will be 4 - PW +1/2 1* flat with AMT X100 White.

>

> Swing and ball data averages from my fitting where: 90mph swing speed, 14.5* launch, 6940 spin, descent angle 42.5*, ball speed 119.5 and carry distance 176.9.

>

> As far as the gapping in wedges, I currently have a 50, 54 and 58. As he mentioned, every player has a gap, it just depends on the player and their game. When the new irons come and we do a fit testing, he is going to bend my 50 to a 48 and see if we can help with some of the gapping. If the 50 bent doesn’t work or causes any issues with turf interaction or ball flight issues, he said i might have to order the GW if I want to play a 3 wedge set up.

Well said. I had pretty much the exact same experience at my Titleist iron fitting. I ended up ordering the T200 irons 4-GW with Dynamic Gold X100 in Onyx. Your 50, 54, and 58 degree wedges will compliment your set nicely. He recommended a 54 and 58 degree for me as well. I went 60 degree instead of 58 because I prefer a little more loft around the green.

I have never owned a set of Titleist irons, had these in hand at PGA SS while on vacation. I like the hosel transition, look nice at address, would like to hit these outside.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, offset is less than the AP3, Subject: T Series Offset Subject: T Series Offset

> @Natural1 said:

> > @rodinho said:

> > T200 feels great compared to AP3. Forged face along with other tech inside the head makes it feel much less harsh, and not nearly as loud sounding.

> ^ That is GREAT news!

>

> Does anyone know if the offset has been reduced vs the AP3?