APPLY NOW: L.A.B. Golf Directed Force Putters! 10 Testers Needed!

1) I see the putt like it’s being played in a video in my head. Confidence.

2) My alignment gets off and the stroke tries to compensate

3) 4.4

TSR3 9 | VentusTR Blue 7x

Paradym 3W | S 83tx

Covert 5W | S 103 x

716 MB 4-P | PX 6.5

MG3 52 | S400

MG4 56 | S400

SM8 60 |S400

Phantom 5.5 

Z-star XV

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? The ball is always on line. Don’t have to think when making stroke

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Putts inside 10ft , pulls and pushes

3) What is your handicap? 3

TSi3  10* Tour AD VR 7x

TSr2+ 14.5* Tour AD DI 9x

TSi3 20* Hybrid Tour AD DI 115tx

u500 4, t100 5-PW, GW Dynamic Gold x100

SM8 54s, 60d Dynamic Gold s400

Scotty Classic Newport 

1.) When im putting well the line is visible and I’m able to release the putter head easily.

2.) When I’m off the biggest challenge is getting the ball to the hole.

3.) 4 cap

Thanks fellas! BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

The Questions

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well?

The feel of a good put is soft, smooth and responsive, the sound is also pretty important indication of when you've made good contact.

The other feeling of a good put is what most are referring to about how good you feel from it.

You can hit a good put, but not sink the ball. You can make a bad put, but get it in the hole.

You can clunk a heavy put out of the toe and it will go in, but it doesn't give a feeling of satisfaction, more from relief that you don't need to hit another one.

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly?

The biggest challenge with poor putting is being able to recover or refresh confidence for the next one. You can always try to think positively, but you generally need to find the right rhythm or pace with the next one.

It's always challenging reading the green, pace, slope and line, made even more difficult when you lack confidence from playing poorly.

3) What is your handicap?

putting is my handicap, haha - (23.6)

TM Mini Brnr 9.5* Attas 6Rockstar 7X

TM Mini Brnr 11* Oban Kiyoshi Red O5 

Callaway Rogue Max 5W Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4

Edel SMS Pro 5-P, One Length (8i) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

RC SG-10 wedges 50, 54, 58, 62 One Length (PW) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

All sorts of Toulon blade putters.

XXIO premium ball.

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? Confidence - I don't second guess my line or alignment and just know that I'll easily 2-putt and anything 15 feet or shorter has a good chance of going in.

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Alignment. I second guess my alignment (I line up with a line on my ball) and make last minute adjustments.

3) What is your handicap? 14

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? **When I am putting well, I feel like my set up and seeing the line is clicking well. Speed my still be an issue but if I am starting the ball out where I intended to aim it, I am happy. I will generally settle into speed as the round progresses**

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? **I dont feel like I can make a consistent stroke, it feels like I just got the putter and it does not fit me or something. I go from feeling like I can score with the putter to praying for no 3 putts during the round.**

3) What is your handicap? **5.5**

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

The Questions

**1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well?**

There is no better feeling than having what you feel like and deep-down know is your secret weapon vs the field/course. Knowing you have an advantage on any other person who steps on _your green_ by simply having the confidence that any putt you roll, you're going to give the hole a scare, is a high that is euphoric but fades way too quickly. Harvey Penick said the game should be taught from the hole backwards and it makes 100% perfect sense when you view putting as an asset. All the sudden, those "knee-knocking" 5-footers are simply "back of the cup" mental thoughts and the rest takes care of itself. Having the free mind to not grind over putting and simply trust your putter allows the rest of your game to free itself up, ultimately providing you the ability to play your best and more importantly, enjoy the game as opposed to what happens when you putt poorly. You don't stress on a tee-shot knowing a missed fairway likely means an up-and-down one-putt par. Those mid-irons from the fairway approaches don't have the added pressure of "just get me to two-putt range". Basically, you're free to be free of those crippling swing thoughts and ultimately able to play your best game.

**2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly?**

The entire round feels like 18-holes of prepping for a test the night before the final, knowing you are going to fail. As you make the stroll from the cart to the green, it doesn't matter how close or far you hit your approach, you don't just feel like you're walking to your death, you are in fact walking right towards it. Rather than trying to hole every putt you look at, your mindset turns to a "don't three-putt" begging session. When you putt with a lack of confidence, it puts even more pressure on your approach shots and short game because you know deep down, if I don't hit one close, I can't score (and even if I do hit one close, I need to make sure I don't vomit on myself and take the dreaded 3-putt bogey). To be completely honest, golf simply isn't fun when you can't trust your game. It's too much of a mental game (especially for a guy who over analyzes every scenario) to feel like the most important portion of it (putting) is just one massive band-aid on a bullet hole. You may be able to piece it together and look presentable at times, but eventually, that line is going to give and when it does, all hell is going to break loose. And in this hell, it's full of 3-putts, wobbly strokes inside five-feet, and a 74 marred by 33 putts.

**3) What is your handicap?**

Putting :) In all seriousness, I'm a +2 when putting well and a 2.5-3 when there's no confidence. Every summer, I go through the "honeymoon" phase with a new putter(s) and find the secret sauce. Give it a weekend and the same old thoughts and bad habits reemerge and I'm on the prowl for the next fix. You go look in my garage and all its missing is the fancy lit up display rack and you could be convinced I'm trying to open my own proshop (no event credit taken here). I've always been faithful to SeeMore putters because I thought they were the closest thing to using a "training aid" on the course as legally possible. However, after chatting with a buddy and doing my fair share of research on the L.A.B. Golf Company, I simply cannot wait to give this thing a try.

If selected to be one of the 10 to review this, I can assure you I will faithfully put this thing through the wringer. I'll review it as I grind out the weekend bestball, win a six-pack off buddies on a Friday twilight, and hole the big putt that's always left me when I truly needed it.

Thanks!

**1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well?:** Bare with me on this, but when I am putting well I really don't feel anything. I can walk up to a putt and mentally see the line I am going to hit it on traced out on the green and just roll the putt on that line. The exact opposite is true for putting poorly; I feel like I struggle to find a line (or get it started on a line) and I feel like I am fighting the putter and there is a need to "hit" the ball versus rolling the ball down the line.

**2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly?:** When putting poorly my biggest challenge is getting the ball to start on the chosen line with my chosen speed. I get stiff over the putt and focus so hard on hitting square in the face that everything goes haywire. This lack of fluidity in my swing leads to off-center hits which creates a nasty feedback loop of chasing speed versus line.

**3) What is your handicap?:** 3.7 per the latest revision.

synchronization of putter head and shoulders is consistent and a thoughtless release of the putter head.

A deceleration of the putter head on shorter putts resulting in a forced release. Leading to right misses.

+2.1

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? Not thinking at all - the hole feels big and my stroke is flowing

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Matching speed and line / stroke not feeling as flowing

3) What is your handicap? 0

Thanks!

Ping G425 LST 9* / Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

Taylormade BRNR Mini Driver 13.5* / Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 7X

Ping iCrossover 18* / Ping Tour 2.0 85X

Ping i230 4-U / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 X100

Titleist SM9 54.10S / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist SM9 60.04T / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Vault Oslo

Titleist ProV1

Ping Hoofer

1. When I'm putting well it feels like the hole has grown a little larger and I actually look forward to the next putt and the challenge of which way it might break and the speed that's required to make it break on that line.

2. When I'm putting poorly the biggest challenge is getting the confidence back to know that I can actually putt well. The scars of missed putts are hard to erase, especially if they were putts that mattered.

3. HCDP: 1.5

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? It feels like butter. It is simple, and both my hands are working together smoothly back and through the ball. I feel like everything inside 5 ft. is going in.

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Manipulating the putter face with my hands, both back and through the ball. My distance and strike get inconsistent throughout a round.

3) What is your handicap? 6.3

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? No thought , pick line hit it

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? speed

3) What is your handicap? +1.4

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? I feel like the whole is three times the size and I am just flowing on the greens. Basically, see it, feel it, do it.

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Typically speed control. My only challenge is when there is tremendous variation between with and against the grain and it’s cloudy out making it difficult to discern the grain patterns.

3) What is your handicap? 3.9

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

The Questions

It feels freaking amazing haha! Decide on the line, set up, and put a nice smooth confident stroke on the ball every time

My biggest challenge is staying confident with my stroke and not allowing the putter head to sway of line in my back stroke

3) What is your handicap? 6

The Big Dog ~ G425 LST | AD UB 6x
The 3 Banger ~ Mavrik MAX | AD DI 7x
The 5 Banger ~ Mavrik SZ | Motore F3 7x

The Metal ~ T200 4-W
The Shovels ~ SM7 54, 58
Flatstick ~ Spider X Chalk Stability Tour

Consistant on setup and I am relaxed over the ball, confident in my line choice, feel of speed and not over committed on any certain element.

Getting the ball on my line. Sometimes missing putts inside 6ft, it's frustrating when i push or pull

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? When I am putting well, I see the lines and have perfect speeds on putts. The ball feels soft off the face and truly rolls on it's intended line and doesnt leave the ground.

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? My biggest challenge is the face not being square at impact after I have made a consistent stroke, it feels like it turns when I know my hands were in the correct spot.

3) What is your handicap? 2

1)What does it feel like when I’m putting well?

I have control of my speed, tempo is great, I see the lines, I hit the ball in the center of the club face.

2) what is the biggest challenge when putting poorly?

I see no lines, off center hits on the heel and toe causes loss of speed and accuracy.

3.what is your handicap? 10.0

The Questions

Sometimes it feels like I know what I am doing. 5 foot putts roll right in. Other times when I putt poorly there is a birdie or par on the line. I get nervous and miss big time.

My confidence level goes away big time. I miss a 4 foot putt and get discouraged in putting.

Or over thinking of where the ball might go.

Right now my handicap is a 9. I can shoot lights out at 74 other times 84.

Thank you for this opportunity

1. What does it feel like when you’re putting well?

The feeling is I am invincible. I pick a line, know my speed is spot on, and hit the stroke with confidence.

It throws my whole round off. Right now I am averaging 34 putts a round and it’s infuriating when I’m hitting greens in reg and fairways and still shoot in the 80’s.

3) What is your handicap? 6-8

By far the number one item in all of golf that I am dying to get my hands on.....I would love to try a L.A.B. Force Direct Force Putter and review it. I open my hands at impact and push majority of my putts right from any distance, even 2 feet! I putt like a 40 handicap and it’s flat out embarrassing. I have felt there is hope with this Putter in my hands based on watching their testing and demonstrations online. No one local carries L.A.B. DF Putters. I even work for a huge internet site and we sure don’t carry them either. Not only am I interested in the concept of the head staying square, the grip and the fitting perk my interest too!

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? Truthfully, it’s been a very long time, but when compared to the way I putt now, I’ll say.....It’s not a struggle.

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Simple, opening the blade at impact and maybe even at any point before impact.

3) What is your handicap? Currently, a 12. Played most of my years as a 5-7 cap, but play limited now mainly because of my putting. Made me take up fishing!

Thanks for offering this to the members. I look forward to this thread and the 10 members chosen to participate and their reviews.

TMBob

1. When I'm putting well I can see the line precisely and the putter feels as if it's an extension of my left arm (left hand low).

2. When I'm putting bad I can't get the line right and it feels like my alignment is all over the place.

3. 1 handicap

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

1) What does it feel like when your putting well?

It feels like, damn, how can this be so easy!! I’ve made four 3 footers in a row!! I HAVE MASTERED PUTTING!!! Then on the back nine I have 24 putts and I’m on my way to Dick’s to see what’s new.

Blaming the putter, duh. It’s not me, it’s the putter. Getting a little yippy today, aren’t you? Well, maybe a month in that hot trunk will teach you who’s boss here!

Maybe this other “better looking” putter wants to spend the day in the sunshine while the rubber on your grip slowly melts away, huh? now who’s yippy??

3) What’s your handicap?

Despite the above issues, it’s currently a 2.2

Marc Mayotte

PutterHolic (recovering)

The Questions

It feels great! What causes my good putting? For me, It starts with good acceleration and the ability to keep my body still. When I do both these things, I find it very easy to keep the face square and hit my envisioned line.

I’ve found that accelerating through the ball is almost always the cause of my putting slumps.