Left Dash ProV1X Available 10/1

tom.lockhart

> @JD3 said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @deepred said:

> > > The article says it is virtually identical in performance to the AVX except it is harder like the ProV1x

> >

> > That doesn't make sense. Tour players are using the left dot because it spins less short game wise? The biggest complaint about the AVX performance is that it doesn't spin nearly enough to have the short game behavior that the current V1/V1X balls have. What sense does it make to produce a tour only ball and move it to retail if it doesn't have enough short game spin/control? The AVX was never a tour ball.

>

> It performs exactly like ProVs in short game and off the wedge...tests confirm this. People saying orherwise are just seeing things.

Watching the social media rumor mill on things like this is fascinating. There's a new version of Pro V1x on the horizon. It's supposed to be "reduced spin".

First someone says, "Replacement for AVX". Which is pure fabrication, it is no such thing. From there everybody starts riffing on imaginary implications of this fabricated nonsense. If it's like the AVX then surely it spins too little in the short game for a Tour player, yada, yada, yada.

• Like 1

Short game spin is not always your friend. I seem to remember a guy named Woods backspinning one into the water in the Ryder Cup.

Cleveland Classic XL Driver
KE4 5 wood 17* 43”
Maltby MXU 23* 
Maltby Tricept TU 5 Iron
Wilson Pi5 6-PW
Wilson JP 55* SW
Ram Watson Troon Grind 58
Ray Cook M2 Mallet

> @dayvei214 said:

> "hey John we have a production problem...."

>

> "what's going on Jeff I'm sure it can't be that bad"

>

> "well we started production run of the the 2020 pv1x balls but the intern forgot to take out the dash before the p...."

>

> "how many have been made?"

>

> 432, 0000....

>

> "OH that's not that bad... We can off it to Costco and they can replenish their Kirkland line."

>

> "ummmm they're packaged"

>

> "Oh.... Pass it to marketing I'm sure they can spin this"

>

> Marketing :

> "introducing the new -Pv1 x ball.... Available at a limited run...."

>

>

>

What sense does it make to play a ball that will only be available for a limited time...?

@GoGoErky said:

> > @dayvei214 said:

> > "hey John we have a production problem...."

> >

> > "what's going on Jeff I'm sure it can't be that bad"

> >

> > "well we started production run of the the 2020 pv1x balls but the intern forgot to take out the dash before the p...."

> >

> > "how many have been made?"

> >

> > 432, 0000....

> >

> > "OH that's not that bad... We can off it to Costco and they can replenish their Kirkland line."

> >

> > "ummmm they're packaged"

> >

> > "Oh.... Pass it to marketing I'm sure they can spin this"

> >

> > Marketing :

> > "introducing the new -Pv1 x ball.... Available at a limited run...."

> >

> >

> >

>

> Doubt it. They are being offered as a custom order and won’t be found on the shelves of any retailer

Ehh I doubt it is a "custom order" i work in design /marketing and from my perspective, the prov1/1x line is a line up and a brand that you really don't want to screw up especially for titleist.

Hence the reasoning for custom order sales.

Just thinking about the name and design is of the packaging makes me cringe... I'm honestly going to go out on a limb here and say someone definitely got fired or is going to for this.

> @dayvei214 said:

> @GoGoErky said:

> > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > "hey John we have a production problem...."

> > >

> > > "what's going on Jeff I'm sure it can't be that bad"

> > >

> > > "well we started production run of the the 2020 pv1x balls but the intern forgot to take out the dash before the p...."

> > >

> > > "how many have been made?"

> > >

> > > 432, 0000....

> > >

> > > "OH that's not that bad... We can off it to Costco and they can replenish their Kirkland line."

> > >

> > > "ummmm they're packaged"

> > >

> > > "Oh.... Pass it to marketing I'm sure they can spin this"

> > >

> > > Marketing :

> > > "introducing the new -Pv1 x ball.... Available at a limited run...."

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Doubt it. They are being offered as a custom order and won’t be found on the shelves of any retailer

>

> Ehh I doubt it is a "custom order" i work in design /marketing and from my perspective, the prov1/1x line is a line up and a brand that you really don't want to screw up especially for titleist.

> Hence the reasoning for custom order sales.

> Just thinking about the name and design is of the packaging makes me cringe... I'm honestly going to go out on a limb here and say someone definitely got fired or is going to for this.

>

>

It’s a custom order in that you can’t buy them at retail you have to order thru a titleist account.

As far as someone screwing up there are 120 processes in place for the prov1x so I highly doubt there was any sort of mass production of the ball. If there was that big of a screw up don’t you think they would put them on retail shelves.

But there’s always goin to be the conspiracy theorists out there & those who have some axe to grind with titleist

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @dayvei214 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > "hey John we have a production problem...."

> > > >

> > > > "what's going on Jeff I'm sure it can't be that bad"

> > > >

> > > > "well we started production run of the the 2020 pv1x balls but the intern forgot to take out the dash before the p...."

> > > >

> > > > "how many have been made?"

> > > >

> > > > 432, 0000....

> > > >

> > > > "OH that's not that bad... We can off it to Costco and they can replenish their Kirkland line."

> > > >

> > > > "ummmm they're packaged"

> > > >

> > > > "Oh.... Pass it to marketing I'm sure they can spin this"

> > > >

> > > > Marketing :

> > > > "introducing the new -Pv1 x ball.... Available at a limited run...."

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Doubt it. They are being offered as a custom order and won’t be found on the shelves of any retailer

> >

> > Ehh I doubt it is a "custom order" i work in design /marketing and from my perspective, the prov1/1x line is a line up and a brand that you really don't want to screw up especially for titleist.

> > Hence the reasoning for custom order sales.

> > Just thinking about the name and design is of the packaging makes me cringe... I'm honestly going to go out on a limb here and say someone definitely got fired or is going to for this.

> >

> >

>

> It’s a custom order in that you can’t buy them at retail you have to order thru a titleist account.

>

> As far as someone **** up there are 120 processes in place for the prov1x so I highly doubt there was any sort of mass production of the ball. If there was that big of a screw up don’t you think they would put them on retail shelves.

>

> But there’s always goin to be the conspiracy theorists out there & those who have some axe to grind with titleist

Everyone screws up it's just about how well you can spin it... But it's just my opinion =)

But Really though "dash pro v one x"?

Sounds rediculous and on top of that why screw up the Pro V name by putting something in front?

Here is an idea....

PROV- PROV1- PROV1X

I guess we just be glad it's not

"Titleist Lorim Ipsum X" ???

> @dayvei214 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > > "hey John we have a production problem...."

> > > > >

> > > > > "what's going on Jeff I'm sure it can't be that bad"

> > > > >

> > > > > "well we started production run of the the 2020 pv1x balls but the intern forgot to take out the dash before the p...."

> > > > >

> > > > > "how many have been made?"

> > > > >

> > > > > 432, 0000....

> > > > >

> > > > > "OH that's not that bad... We can off it to Costco and they can replenish their Kirkland line."

> > > > >

> > > > > "ummmm they're packaged"

> > > > >

> > > > > "Oh.... Pass it to marketing I'm sure they can spin this"

> > > > >

> > > > > Marketing :

> > > > > "introducing the new -Pv1 x ball.... Available at a limited run...."

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Doubt it. They are being offered as a custom order and won’t be found on the shelves of any retailer

> > >

> > > Ehh I doubt it is a "custom order" i work in design /marketing and from my perspective, the prov1/1x line is a line up and a brand that you really don't want to screw up especially for titleist.

> > > Hence the reasoning for custom order sales.

> > > Just thinking about the name and design is of the packaging makes me cringe... I'm honestly going to go out on a limb here and say someone definitely got fired or is going to for this.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It’s a custom order in that you can’t buy them at retail you have to order thru a titleist account.

> >

> > As far as someone **** up there are 120 processes in place for the prov1x so I highly doubt there was any sort of mass production of the ball. If there was that big of a screw up don’t you think they would put them on retail shelves.

> >

> > But there’s always goin to be the conspiracy theorists out there & those who have some axe to grind with titleist

>

> Everyone screws up it's just about how well you can spin it... But it's just my opinion =)

>

> But Really though "dash pro v one x"?

>

> Sounds rediculous and on top of that why screw up the Pro V name by putting something in front?

> Here is an idea....

> PROV- PROV1- PROV1X

> I guess we just be glad it's not

> "Titleist Lorim Ipsum X" ???

>

Because they need a way to separate it from the the standard prov1x on th usga conforming list, the same way they have left dot prov1x and the Prov1*

Again it’s been an offering to tour players only for awhile so not really a screw up, they are now offering another version of the prov1x to the public via titleist accounts.

My guess fit doing it this at is so that someone who doesn’t know the difference doesn’t walk into a dsg, pgatss, gg or other store and grab a box of these when they want the standard 1x then complain the 1x doesn’t work or is a bad ball.

As a note Callaway has a 2 dot ball that their tour players had when the CS first came out then offered that at retail which then became the next version of the cs.

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @dayvei214 said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > > > "hey John we have a production problem...."

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "what's going on Jeff I'm sure it can't be that bad"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "well we started production run of the the 2020 pv1x balls but the intern forgot to take out the dash before the p...."

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "how many have been made?"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 432, 0000....

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "OH that's not that bad... We can off it to Costco and they can replenish their Kirkland line."

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "ummmm they're packaged"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "Oh.... Pass it to marketing I'm sure they can spin this"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Marketing :

> > > > > > "introducing the new -Pv1 x ball.... Available at a limited run...."

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Doubt it. They are being offered as a custom order and won’t be found on the shelves of any retailer

> > > >

> > > > Ehh I doubt it is a "custom order" i work in design /marketing and from my perspective, the prov1/1x line is a line up and a brand that you really don't want to screw up especially for titleist.

> > > > Hence the reasoning for custom order sales.

> > > > Just thinking about the name and design is of the packaging makes me cringe... I'm honestly going to go out on a limb here and say someone definitely got fired or is going to for this.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > It’s a custom order in that you can’t buy them at retail you have to order thru a titleist account.

> > >

> > > As far as someone **** up there are 120 processes in place for the prov1x so I highly doubt there was any sort of mass production of the ball. If there was that big of a screw up don’t you think they would put them on retail shelves.

> > >

> > > But there’s always goin to be the conspiracy theorists out there & those who have some axe to grind with titleist

> >

> > Everyone screws up it's just about how well you can spin it... But it's just my opinion =)

> >

> > But Really though "dash pro v one x"?

> >

> > Sounds rediculous and on top of that why screw up the Pro V name by putting something in front?

> > Here is an idea....

> > PROV- PROV1- PROV1X

> > I guess we just be glad it's not

> > "Titleist Lorim Ipsum X" ???

> >

>

> Because they need a way to separate it from the the standard prov1x on th usga conforming list, the same way they have left dot prov1x and the Prov1*

>

> Again it’s been an offering to tour players only for awhile so not really a screw up, they are now offering another version of the prov1x to the public via titleist accounts.

>

> My guess fit doing it this at is so that someone who doesn’t know the difference doesn’t walk into a dsg, pgatss, gg or other store and grab a box of these when they want the standard 1x then complain the 1x doesn’t work or is a bad ball.

>

> As a note Callaway has a 2 dot ball that their tour players had when the CS first came out then offered that at retail which then became the next version of the cs.

Ehhh I wouldn't use callaway as an example.... Per my golfspy they have the most production of all manufacturers.

Two dot may have just meant double checked ?

Also let's be real outside of gwrx guys how any average golfers know the difference between balls other than price/what pros play /marketing on the box. Marketing sells products/packaging sell products / exclusivity (secret cool golf ball that you have to order).

Let's agree to disagree. I'm not super knowledgeable about the ball industry but I am about product production/branding/design, and for me this would = screw up somewhere through the process.

Also 120 point check process =marketing mumbo jumbo to justify 50 bucks a dozen...

> @dayvei214 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > > > > "hey John we have a production problem...."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "what's going on Jeff I'm sure it can't be that bad"

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "well we started production run of the the 2020 pv1x balls but the intern forgot to take out the dash before the p...."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "how many have been made?"

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 432, 0000....

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "OH that's not that bad... We can off it to Costco and they can replenish their Kirkland line."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "ummmm they're packaged"

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "Oh.... Pass it to marketing I'm sure they can spin this"

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Marketing :

> > > > > > > "introducing the new -Pv1 x ball.... Available at a limited run...."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Doubt it. They are being offered as a custom order and won’t be found on the shelves of any retailer

> > > > >

> > > > > Ehh I doubt it is a "custom order" i work in design /marketing and from my perspective, the prov1/1x line is a line up and a brand that you really don't want to screw up especially for titleist.

> > > > > Hence the reasoning for custom order sales.

> > > > > Just thinking about the name and design is of the packaging makes me cringe... I'm honestly going to go out on a limb here and say someone definitely got fired or is going to for this.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It’s a custom order in that you can’t buy them at retail you have to order thru a titleist account.

> > > >

> > > > As far as someone **** up there are 120 processes in place for the prov1x so I highly doubt there was any sort of mass production of the ball. If there was that big of a screw up don’t you think they would put them on retail shelves.

> > > >

> > > > But there’s always goin to be the conspiracy theorists out there & those who have some axe to grind with titleist

> > >

> > > Everyone screws up it's just about how well you can spin it... But it's just my opinion =)

> > >

> > > But Really though "dash pro v one x"?

> > >

> > > Sounds rediculous and on top of that why screw up the Pro V name by putting something in front?

> > > Here is an idea....

> > > PROV- PROV1- PROV1X

> > > I guess we just be glad it's not

> > > "Titleist Lorim Ipsum X" ???

> > >

> >

> > Because they need a way to separate it from the the standard prov1x on th usga conforming list, the same way they have left dot prov1x and the Prov1*

> >

> > Again it’s been an offering to tour players only for awhile so not really a screw up, they are now offering another version of the prov1x to the public via titleist accounts.

> >

> > My guess fit doing it this at is so that someone who doesn’t know the difference doesn’t walk into a dsg, pgatss, gg or other store and grab a box of these when they want the standard 1x then complain the 1x doesn’t work or is a bad ball.

> >

> > As a note Callaway has a 2 dot ball that their tour players had when the CS first came out then offered that at retail which then became the next version of the cs.

>

> Ehhh I wouldn't use callaway as an example.... Per my golfspy they have the most production of all manufacturers.

> Two dot may have just meant double checked ?

All brands have lots of stuff on usga conforming list it doesn’t mean it makes it to retail or even more than a prototype on tour and the two dot is the ball Phil played when the cs firs released while Callaway was selling and marketing the retail cs and its tour use

> @dayvei214 said:

> Also let's be real outside of gwrx guys how any average golfers know the difference between balls other than price/what pros play /marketing on the box. Marketing sells products/packaging sell products / exclusivity (secret cool golf ball that you have to order).

> Let's agree to disagree. I'm not super knowledgeable about the ball industry but I am about product production/branding/design, and for me this would = screw up somewhere through the process.

> Also 120 point check process =marketing mumbo jumbo to justify 50 bucks a dozen...

Don’t think about this as a full product life cycle that was always intended for retail release. This has been an available tour only prototype for a while and they are simply doing a relatively small run for retail in order to appease/capture a small niche demographic in the middle of their flagship product cycle (like their past MOTO offerings). We’ll see if the concept is popular enough for a repeat for the 2021 cycle.

> @dayvei214 said:

> Also let's be real outside of gwrx guys how any average golfers know the difference between balls other than price/what pros play /marketing on the box. Marketing sells products/packaging sell products / exclusivity (secret cool golf ball that you have to order).

> Let's agree to disagree. I'm not super knowledgeable about the ball industry but I am about product production/branding/design, and for me this would = screw up somewhere through the process.

> Also 120 point check process =marketing mumbo jumbo to justify 50 bucks a dozen...

I think the guys that were on the tour at titleist can tell you the qc process isn’t a marketing gimmick. There’s a reason they have been at the top of the game. Controlling the whole process and having that many checks in place delivers quality

• Like 2

> @storm319 said:

> Don’t think about this as a full product life cycle that was always intended for retail release. This has been an available tour only prototype for a while and they are simply doing a relatively small run for retail in order to appease/capture a small niche demographic in the middle of their flagship product cycle (like their past MOTO offerings). We’ll see if the concept is popular enough for a repeat for the 2021 cycle.

I think while that segment is very small it is out there, and Titleist has been losing a bit of market share. The AVX is basically a Chromesoft with more distance. It seemed an attempt to appeal to the kind of person who might have went to Callaway for the Chromesoft. The Left Dash sounds like it is a direct competitor to the TP5x. With those two balls added to their main ones, there really isn't a ball on the market that Titleist doesn't have a pretty viable competitor to.

> @arbeck said:

> > @storm319 said:

> > Don’t think about this as a full product life cycle that was always intended for retail release. This has been an available tour only prototype for a while and they are simply doing a relatively small run for retail in order to appease/capture a small niche demographic in the middle of their flagship product cycle (like their past MOTO offerings). We’ll see if the concept is popular enough for a repeat for the 2021 cycle.

>

> I think while that segment is very small it is out there, and Titleist has been losing a bit of market share. The AVX is basically a Chromesoft with more distance. It seemed an attempt to appeal to the kind of person who might have went to Callaway for the Chromesoft. The Left Dash sounds like it is a direct competitor to the TP5x. With those two balls added to their main ones, there really isn't a ball on the market that Titleist doesn't have a pretty viable competitor to.

>

>

Except the left dash isnt a real competitor to the tp5x because its limited and wont be on shelves. For someone like me that makes it automatically an easy decision, i will stick with tp5x. The left dash is for people who want to play a tp5x but are hardcore titleist loyalists.

> @Red4282 said:

> > @arbeck said:

> > > @storm319 said:

> > > Don’t think about this as a full product life cycle that was always intended for retail release. This has been an available tour only prototype for a while and they are simply doing a relatively small run for retail in order to appease/capture a small niche demographic in the middle of their flagship product cycle (like their past MOTO offerings). We’ll see if the concept is popular enough for a repeat for the 2021 cycle.

> >

> > I think while that segment is very small it is out there, and Titleist has been losing a bit of market share. The AVX is basically a Chromesoft with more distance. It seemed an attempt to appeal to the kind of person who might have went to Callaway for the Chromesoft. The Left Dash sounds like it is a direct competitor to the TP5x. With those two balls added to their main ones, there really isn't a ball on the market that Titleist doesn't have a pretty viable competitor to.

> >

> >

> Except the left dash isnt a real competitor to the tp5x because its limited and wont be on shelves. For someone like me that makes it automatically an easy decision, i will stick with tp5x. The left dash is for people who want to play a tp5x but are hardcore titleist loyalists.

>

Or for people who want to play Pro V1x and want a little less spin.

• Like 1

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @dayvei214 said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > > > > > "hey John we have a production problem...."

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "what's going on Jeff I'm sure it can't be that bad"

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "well we started production run of the the 2020 pv1x balls but the intern forgot to take out the dash before the p...."

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "how many have been made?"

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 432, 0000....

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "OH that's not that bad... We can off it to Costco and they can replenish their Kirkland line."

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "ummmm they're packaged"

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "Oh.... Pass it to marketing I'm sure they can spin this"

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Marketing :

> > > > > > > > "introducing the new -Pv1 x ball.... Available at a limited run...."

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Doubt it. They are being offered as a custom order and won’t be found on the shelves of any retailer

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ehh I doubt it is a "custom order" i work in design /marketing and from my perspective, the prov1/1x line is a line up and a brand that you really don't want to screw up especially for titleist.

> > > > > > Hence the reasoning for custom order sales.

> > > > > > Just thinking about the name and design is of the packaging makes me cringe... I'm honestly going to go out on a limb here and say someone definitely got fired or is going to for this.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s a custom order in that you can’t buy them at retail you have to order thru a titleist account.

> > > > >

> > > > > As far as someone **** up there are 120 processes in place for the prov1x so I highly doubt there was any sort of mass production of the ball. If there was that big of a screw up don’t you think they would put them on retail shelves.

> > > > >

> > > > > But there’s always goin to be the conspiracy theorists out there & those who have some axe to grind with titleist

> > > >

> > > > Everyone screws up it's just about how well you can spin it... But it's just my opinion =)

> > > >

> > > > But Really though "dash pro v one x"?

> > > >

> > > > Sounds rediculous and on top of that why screw up the Pro V name by putting something in front?

> > > > Here is an idea....

> > > > PROV- PROV1- PROV1X

> > > > I guess we just be glad it's not

> > > > "Titleist Lorim Ipsum X" ???

> > > >

> > >

> > > Because they need a way to separate it from the the standard prov1x on th usga conforming list, the same way they have left dot prov1x and the Prov1*

> > >

> > > Again it’s been an offering to tour players only for awhile so not really a screw up, they are now offering another version of the prov1x to the public via titleist accounts.

> > >

> > > My guess fit doing it this at is so that someone who doesn’t know the difference doesn’t walk into a dsg, pgatss, gg or other store and grab a box of these when they want the standard 1x then complain the 1x doesn’t work or is a bad ball.

> > >

> > > As a note Callaway has a 2 dot ball that their tour players had when the CS first came out then offered that at retail which then became the next version of the cs.

> >

> > Ehhh I wouldn't use callaway as an example.... Per my golfspy they have the most production of all manufacturers.

> > Two dot may have just meant double checked ?

>

> All brands have lots of stuff on usga conforming list it doesn’t mean it makes it to retail or even more than a prototype on tour and the two dot is the ball Phil played when the cs firs released while Callaway was selling and marketing the retail cs and its tour use

OK Ok gogo I understand what you're saying. I'm saying that it just doesn't make sense as a puplic offering custom order or not. And yes there are a ton of balls that are usga conforming and on the list that isn't available, but that could be the the protocol for their development and approval process internally.

Why left dash specifically?

> @dayvei214 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > > > > > > "hey John we have a production problem...."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "what's going on Jeff I'm sure it can't be that bad"

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "well we started production run of the the 2020 pv1x balls but the intern forgot to take out the dash before the p...."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "how many have been made?"

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 432, 0000....

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "OH that's not that bad... We can off it to Costco and they can replenish their Kirkland line."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "ummmm they're packaged"

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "Oh.... Pass it to marketing I'm sure they can spin this"

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Marketing :

> > > > > > > > > "introducing the new -Pv1 x ball.... Available at a limited run...."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Doubt it. They are being offered as a custom order and won’t be found on the shelves of any retailer

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ehh I doubt it is a "custom order" i work in design /marketing and from my perspective, the prov1/1x line is a line up and a brand that you really don't want to screw up especially for titleist.

> > > > > > > Hence the reasoning for custom order sales.

> > > > > > > Just thinking about the name and design is of the packaging makes me cringe... I'm honestly going to go out on a limb here and say someone definitely got fired or is going to for this.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It’s a custom order in that you can’t buy them at retail you have to order thru a titleist account.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As far as someone **** up there are 120 processes in place for the prov1x so I highly doubt there was any sort of mass production of the ball. If there was that big of a screw up don’t you think they would put them on retail shelves.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But there’s always goin to be the conspiracy theorists out there & those who have some axe to grind with titleist

> > > > >

> > > > > Everyone screws up it's just about how well you can spin it... But it's just my opinion =)

> > > > >

> > > > > But Really though "dash pro v one x"?

> > > > >

> > > > > Sounds rediculous and on top of that why screw up the Pro V name by putting something in front?

> > > > > Here is an idea....

> > > > > PROV- PROV1- PROV1X

> > > > > I guess we just be glad it's not

> > > > > "Titleist Lorim Ipsum X" ???

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Because they need a way to separate it from the the standard prov1x on th usga conforming list, the same way they have left dot prov1x and the Prov1*

> > > >

> > > > Again it’s been an offering to tour players only for awhile so not really a screw up, they are now offering another version of the prov1x to the public via titleist accounts.

> > > >

> > > > My guess fit doing it this at is so that someone who doesn’t know the difference doesn’t walk into a dsg, pgatss, gg or other store and grab a box of these when they want the standard 1x then complain the 1x doesn’t work or is a bad ball.

> > > >

> > > > As a note Callaway has a 2 dot ball that their tour players had when the CS first came out then offered that at retail which then became the next version of the cs.

> > >

> > > Ehhh I wouldn't use callaway as an example.... Per my golfspy they have the most production of all manufacturers.

> > > Two dot may have just meant double checked ?

> >

> > All brands have lots of stuff on usga conforming list it doesn’t mean it makes it to retail or even more than a prototype on tour and the two dot is the ball Phil played when the cs firs released while Callaway was selling and marketing the retail cs and its tour use

>

> OK Ok gogo I understand what you're saying. I'm saying that it just doesn't make sense as a puplic offering custom order or not. And yes there are a ton of balls that are usga conforming and on the list that isn't available, but that could be the the protocol for their development and approval process internally.

> Why left dash specifically?

It is simply a marking to differentiate for the USGA conforming list that also lets them say that it is still the ProV1x for the Darrell Survey. I doubt that they had any intention in releasing this to retail when this ball was submitted to the USGA for conformance testing. However, from a product release cycle standpoint they already had all of the legwork done up until sales/marketing so doing a limited release offcycle to grasp at a tiny bit of lost market share would likely cost less vs creating an entirely new product. Again, don't think of this as a full retail release that has been on the planned road map for a couple of years, this seems more like an attempt to boost revenue during an expected slow time in the current product cycle.

> @dayvei214 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > > > > > > "hey John we have a production problem...."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "what's going on Jeff I'm sure it can't be that bad"

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "well we started production run of the the 2020 pv1x balls but the intern forgot to take out the dash before the p...."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "how many have been made?"

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 432, 0000....

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "OH that's not that bad... We can off it to Costco and they can replenish their Kirkland line."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "ummmm they're packaged"

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "Oh.... Pass it to marketing I'm sure they can spin this"

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Marketing :

> > > > > > > > > "introducing the new -Pv1 x ball.... Available at a limited run...."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Doubt it. They are being offered as a custom order and won’t be found on the shelves of any retailer

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ehh I doubt it is a "custom order" i work in design /marketing and from my perspective, the prov1/1x line is a line up and a brand that you really don't want to screw up especially for titleist.

> > > > > > > Hence the reasoning for custom order sales.

> > > > > > > Just thinking about the name and design is of the packaging makes me cringe... I'm honestly going to go out on a limb here and say someone definitely got fired or is going to for this.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It’s a custom order in that you can’t buy them at retail you have to order thru a titleist account.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As far as someone **** up there are 120 processes in place for the prov1x so I highly doubt there was any sort of mass production of the ball. If there was that big of a screw up don’t you think they would put them on retail shelves.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But there’s always goin to be the conspiracy theorists out there & those who have some axe to grind with titleist

> > > > >

> > > > > Everyone screws up it's just about how well you can spin it... But it's just my opinion =)

> > > > >

> > > > > But Really though "dash pro v one x"?

> > > > >

> > > > > Sounds rediculous and on top of that why screw up the Pro V name by putting something in front?

> > > > > Here is an idea....

> > > > > PROV- PROV1- PROV1X

> > > > > I guess we just be glad it's not

> > > > > "Titleist Lorim Ipsum X" ???

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Because they need a way to separate it from the the standard prov1x on th usga conforming list, the same way they have left dot prov1x and the Prov1*

> > > >

> > > > Again it’s been an offering to tour players only for awhile so not really a screw up, they are now offering another version of the prov1x to the public via titleist accounts.

> > > >

> > > > My guess fit doing it this at is so that someone who doesn’t know the difference doesn’t walk into a dsg, pgatss, gg or other store and grab a box of these when they want the standard 1x then complain the 1x doesn’t work or is a bad ball.

> > > >

> > > > As a note Callaway has a 2 dot ball that their tour players had when the CS first came out then offered that at retail which then became the next version of the cs.

> > >

> > > Ehhh I wouldn't use callaway as an example.... Per my golfspy they have the most production of all manufacturers.

> > > Two dot may have just meant double checked ?

> >

> > All brands have lots of stuff on usga conforming list it doesn’t mean it makes it to retail or even more than a prototype on tour and the two dot is the ball Phil played when the cs firs released while Callaway was selling and marketing the retail cs and its tour use

>

> OK Ok gogo I understand what you're saying. I'm saying that it just doesn't make sense as a puplic offering custom order or not. And yes there are a ton of balls that are usga conforming and on the list that isn't available, but that could be the the protocol for their development and approval process internally.

> Why left dash specifically?

> @storm319 said:

> > @dayvei214 said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > > > > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > @dayvei214 said:

> > > > > > > > > > "hey John we have a production problem...."

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > "what's going on Jeff I'm sure it can't be that bad"

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > "well we started production run of the the 2020 pv1x balls but the intern forgot to take out the dash before the p...."

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > "how many have been made?"

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > 432, 0000....

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > "OH that's not that bad... We can off it to Costco and they can replenish their Kirkland line."

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > "ummmm they're packaged"

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > "Oh.... Pass it to marketing I'm sure they can spin this"

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Marketing :

> > > > > > > > > > "introducing the new -Pv1 x ball.... Available at a limited run...."

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Doubt it. They are being offered as a custom order and won’t be found on the shelves of any retailer

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ehh I doubt it is a "custom order" i work in design /marketing and from my perspective, the prov1/1x line is a line up and a brand that you really don't want to screw up especially for titleist.

> > > > > > > > Hence the reasoning for custom order sales.

> > > > > > > > Just thinking about the name and design is of the packaging makes me cringe... I'm honestly going to go out on a limb here and say someone definitely got fired or is going to for this.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It’s a custom order in that you can’t buy them at retail you have to order thru a titleist account.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As far as someone **** up there are 120 processes in place for the prov1x so I highly doubt there was any sort of mass production of the ball. If there was that big of a screw up don’t you think they would put them on retail shelves.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But there’s always goin to be the conspiracy theorists out there & those who have some axe to grind with titleist

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Everyone screws up it's just about how well you can spin it... But it's just my opinion =)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But Really though "dash pro v one x"?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sounds rediculous and on top of that why screw up the Pro V name by putting something in front?

> > > > > > Here is an idea....

> > > > > > PROV- PROV1- PROV1X

> > > > > > I guess we just be glad it's not

> > > > > > "Titleist Lorim Ipsum X" ???

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Because they need a way to separate it from the the standard prov1x on th usga conforming list, the same way they have left dot prov1x and the Prov1*

> > > > >

> > > > > Again it’s been an offering to tour players only for awhile so not really a screw up, they are now offering another version of the prov1x to the public via titleist accounts.

> > > > >

> > > > > My guess fit doing it this at is so that someone who doesn’t know the difference doesn’t walk into a dsg, pgatss, gg or other store and grab a box of these when they want the standard 1x then complain the 1x doesn’t work or is a bad ball.

> > > > >

> > > > > As a note Callaway has a 2 dot ball that their tour players had when the CS first came out then offered that at retail which then became the next version of the cs.

> > > >

> > > > Ehhh I wouldn't use callaway as an example.... Per my golfspy they have the most production of all manufacturers.

> > > > Two dot may have just meant double checked ?

> > >

> > > All brands have lots of stuff on usga conforming list it doesn’t mean it makes it to retail or even more than a prototype on tour and the two dot is the ball Phil played when the cs firs released while Callaway was selling and marketing the retail cs and its tour use

> >

> > OK Ok gogo I understand what you're saying. I'm saying that it just doesn't make sense as a puplic offering custom order or not. And yes there are a ton of balls that are usga conforming and on the list that isn't available, but that could be the the protocol for their development and approval process internally.

> > Why left dash specifically?

>

> It is simply a marking to differentiate for the USGA conforming list that also lets them say that it is still the ProV1x for the Darrell Survey. I doubt that they had any intention in releasing this to retail when this ball was submitted to the USGA for conformance testing. However, from a product release cycle standpoint they already had all of the legwork done up until sales/marketing so doing a limited release offcycle to grasp at a tiny bit of lost market share would likely cost less vs creating an entirely new product. Again, don't think of this as a full retail release that has been on the planned road map for a couple of years, this seems more like an attempt to boost revenue during an expected slow time in the current product cycle.

Nailed it. Being publicly owned changes how they do business.