Golf Simulator for Junior

luderiffic

> @luderiffic said:

> Thinking about doing a Golf Simulator setup at the house for me and of course my little junior golfers (7 and 9) Anybody have one that their junior plays alot? Pros and Cons (not related to $$$). Was specifically thinking about a SkyTrak.

See if your area has a dealer.

https://www.skytrakgolf.com/dealers

Some will have a demo for you to try.

> @TripleBogeysrbetter said:

> > @luderiffic said:

> > Thinking about doing a Golf Simulator setup at the house for me and of course my little junior golfers (7 and 9) Anybody have one that their junior plays alot? Pros and Cons (not related to $$$). Was specifically thinking about a SkyTrak.

>

> See if your area has a dealer.

> https://www.skytrakgolf.com/dealers

> Some will have a demo for you to try.

No dealers close, thank you for sharing. I know the kids will love the simulator for the 1st week, but what about after? Just trying to see if there is anybody that has any real life lessons they can share. My kid is ALWAYS bugging me to go to the range which I love...but sometimes I have stuff to do around the house and its not convenient. I thought this might be a good compromise, especially during the winter months when its cold.

> No dealers close, thank you for sharing. I know the kids will love the simulator for the 1st week, but what about after? Just trying to see if there is anybody that has any real life lessons they can share. My kid is ALWAYS bugging me to go to the range which I love...but sometimes I have stuff to do around the house and its not convenient. I thought this might be a good compromise, especially during the winter months when its cold.

Yea, if you were going to purchase it for the both of you, then it might be worth it. A skytrak base unit is 2k. Sometimes you can get them on sale for 1700. TBH if you have the money and its a long term investment I would look at foresight GC2 or Uneekor.

Its not cheap and its like having a boat. You drop a little more and a little more into it.

We have a sim in the garage. Last summer (AC in there as well) I used it more than my son. Over the winter he got to tall for a driver, so was only swinging a 7-LW in there.

I played on it constantly during the fall and winter months. You can buy software packages in additional to the hardware. Most software will have some kind of online presence that you can play online with other members. My son calls it forenite for Dads.

we have a mevo that serves most purposes of course no 'ball fight' but we use it outdoors mostly. I have considered like yourself getting a sky track for an indoor setup. We used them at one indoor range here and its good enough, not a trackman. It does miss reading more than you would think. But for 2K its not a bad setup at all.

> @darter79 said:

> we have a mevo that serves most purposes of course no 'ball fight' but we use it outdoors mostly. I have considered like yourself getting a sky track for an indoor setup. We used them at one indoor range here and its good enough, not a trackman. It does miss reading more than you would think. But for 2K its not a bad setup at all.

Mevo is usually $500, but right now they're selling them for $50 off. I picked up one for my son and daughter to use at the range. I was pretty amaze at how accurate it was for that price point.

• Like 1

> > No dealers close, thank you for sharing. I know the kids will love the simulator for the 1st week, but what about after? Just trying to see if there is anybody that has any real life lessons they can share. My kid is ALWAYS bugging me to go to the range which I love...but sometimes I have stuff to do around the house and its not convenient. I thought this might be a good compromise, especially during the winter months when its cold.

> Yea, if you were going to purchase it for the both of you, then it might be worth it. A skytrak base unit is 2k. Sometimes you can get them on sale for 1700. TBH if you have the money and its a long term investment I would look at foresight GC2 or Uneekor.

> Its not cheap and its like having a boat. You drop a little more and a little more into it.

> We have a sim in the garage. Last summer (AC in there as well) I used it more than my son. Over the winter he got to tall for a driver, so was only swinging a 7-LW in there.

> I played on it constantly during the fall and winter months. You can buy software packages in additional to the hardware. Most software will have some kind of online presence that you can play online with other members. My son calls it forenite for Dads.

>

Great feedback, thank you. The Uneekor seems very promising and I know its a relatively new system. Probably a bit more than I was wanting to spend initially. I figured if we got a ton of use out of the Skytrak, we could upgrade in the future. Need to get all of the other components too (CPU, Projector, Screen, Mats, etc)

> Great feedback, thank you. The Uneekor seems very promising and I know its a relatively new system. Probably a bit more than I was wanting to spend initially. I figured if we got a ton of use out of the Skytrak, we could upgrade in the future. Need to get all of the other components too (CPU, Projector, Screen, Mats, etc)

Yes! That is the untold secret of a simulator. All of the other stuff you need. Its a slippery slope:-) ***Not a fan of Uneekor. Don't believe its accurate.***

Choosing a mat is probably one of the biggest but over looked items. Don't be cheap there. It will cost you or your juniors a shoulder or wrist injury.

The serious simmers are probably split between truestrike or Fiberbuilt. Personally as you can see in the picture I have a fiberbuilt. Used to use a CCE, but use it as a stand mat now. I've butted my FB next to it. I can play 3 or 4 rounds with no pain.

I'm using a ASUS 5i with a 1050ti 4GB GPU.

My projector is a clearance Epson 1060.

Screen is a Carl's 10x8.5 Premium. I got it when they rolled out some clearance items. Usually the first batches of new material has marks and they will sell them at discount.

My sides are from harbor freight. It just mesh traps. The top is to prevent a wedge from bouncing off the ceiling. Its a moving blanket.

I'm sure skytrak would work out nice for you and your juniors. If you have an IPAD you can use the range features. Skytrak lets the computer/IPAD do all the computing, so that's the reason for the delay. Other products do it onboard.

> @leezer99 said:

> Sorry, just didn't know where to put this but the [Mevo is on sale for $399.](https://www.amazon.com/FlightScope-Mevo-Portable-Personal-Monitor/dp/B07L52KP31/ref=as_li_ss_tl?smid=AN45QKE1KTBOP&pf_rd_p=473a0caf-eecb-4c73-92a7-1e27f89fb5d1&pf_rd_s=slot-5&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=7BYSGV9KZ6QCZSCAWKX3&linkCode=sl1&tag=todaystopdeals-20&linkId=2a59a9f572f735d8badc15fac5d77935&language=en_US "Mevo is on sale for $399.")

That is a really good deal. My guess is they are getting ready to come out with a new version so the prices on the old one are starting to drop.

> @darter79 said:

> > @leezer99 said:

> > Sorry, just didn't know where to put this but the [Mevo is on sale for $399.](https://www.amazon.com/FlightScope-Mevo-Portable-Personal-Monitor/dp/B07L52KP31/ref=as_li_ss_tl?smid=AN45QKE1KTBOP&pf_rd_p=473a0caf-eecb-4c73-92a7-1e27f89fb5d1&pf_rd_s=slot-5&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=7BYSGV9KZ6QCZSCAWKX3&linkCode=sl1&tag=todaystopdeals-20&linkId=2a59a9f572f735d8badc15fac5d77935&language=en_US "Mevo is on sale for $399.")

>

> Is a new one dropping soon then???

>

>

No idea but if they are it is pretty well hidden from the public. Couldn't find any updates on new products anywhere.

@TripleBogeysrbetter sorry if you got yours last week.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

> >

> No idea but if they are it is pretty well hidden from the public. Couldn't find any updates on new products anywhere.

>

> @TripleBogeysrbetter sorry if you got yours last week.

We got ours for 450, so I was cool with it. Figured we've blown money on worst items. For sure 399 is a good price point.

I did some testing (like 30 minutes) between the GC2/HMT and Mevo. Distance was pretty much the same. The difference I seen was ball speed and club. That still was within what they advertise.

>

> > >

> > No idea but if they are it is pretty well hidden from the public. Couldn't find any updates on new products anywhere.

> >

> > @TripleBogeysrbetter sorry if you got yours last week.

>

> We got ours for 450, so I was cool with it. Figured we've blown money on worst items. For sure 399 is a good price point.

>

> I did some testing (like 30 minutes) between the GC2/HMT and Mevo. Distance was pretty much the same. The difference I seen was ball speed and club. That still was within what they advertise.

>

>

How off did you find the numbers in club speed and ball speed?

Ball speed wasn't that far off. 1-3 MPH depending on club. Within tolerance I would suspect.

The club head speed was a little different. Driver ok 1-3 MPH. I tested a 7 and PW. Same results there within 1-3MPH. Wedges were off. My HMT has a hard time picking up wedges as well. The distance and spin with the wedge was pretty accurate.

GC2/HMT CPO is about 10K. The Mevo now is 399.

The picture included was off a LW. I didnt have the HMT connected but you can see the others numbers are fairly close. Enough for me to say WOW!

****Same shot recorded*****

2tcfxpcc1mxs.jpeg

qmeubcet5hxy.jpeg

• Like 1

> Ball speed wasn't that far off. 1-3 MPH depending on club. Within tolerance I would suspect.

> The club head speed was a little different. Driver ok 1-3 MPH. I tested a 7 and PW. Same results there within 1-3MPH. Wedges were off. My HMT has a hard time picking up wedges as well. The distance and spin with the wedge was pretty accurate.

> GC2/HMT CPO is about 10K. The Mevo now is 399.

>

> The picture included was off a LW. I didnt have the HMT connected but you can see the others numbers are fairly close. Enough for me to say WOW!

> ****Same shot recorded*****

> 2tcfxpcc1mxs.jpeg

> qmeubcet5hxy.jpeg

>

I have a mevo but interesting to see it up to one of the big boys. Good post

> I have a mevo but interesting to see it up to one of the big boys. Good post

Yea, what I've seen its worth the money. TM, Flightscope, Foresight are expensive and its not easy to just pick up and take to the range.

I wouldn't do club fittings with it and suspect depending on the condition of the range ball might vary the results.

I brought it for the kiddo to take the range. My son will watch and swear its spinning to much. With the Mevo he can get within -+5% of the backspin.