2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Mizuno MP-20 - July 2019

GolfWRX

> @elcgolf said:

> Also torn on this one. I hit them yesterday, and the feel is incredible, but the looks are too chunky for my liking. I was prepared to put in an order yesterday on the MBs but held off because of the looks. These are nowhere near as small as the 18s and look more like the 68s, with a much larger face. Feel like Mizuno missed the mark on these, which is so disappointing because the feel is great

I feel ya, It has me reconsidering the titleist offering that are just about perfect is size and shape. These are bit rounded and soft looking on the edges. I like irons that are very square looking. Personal pref, I know.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @elcgolf said:

> > Also torn on this one. I hit them yesterday, and the feel is incredible, but the looks are too chunky for my liking. I was prepared to put in an order yesterday on the MBs but held off because of the looks. These are nowhere near as small as the 18s and look more like the 68s, with a much larger face. Feel like Mizuno missed the mark on these, which is so disappointing because the feel is great

>

> I feel ya, It has me reconsidering the titleist offering that are just about perfect is size and shape. These are bit rounded and soft looking on the edges. I like irons that are very square looking. Personal pref, I know.

Completely agree. Sticking with my Yoro squared-off 62s, or buying the 18s, even though the feel isn’t as good. This is the most disappointing release of the year, as I was so looking forward to these irons

> @elcgolf said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @elcgolf said:

> > > Also torn on this one. I hit them yesterday, and the feel is incredible, but the looks are too chunky for my liking. I was prepared to put in an order yesterday on the MBs but held off because of the looks. These are nowhere near as small as the 18s and look more like the 68s, with a much larger face. Feel like Mizuno missed the mark on these, which is so disappointing because the feel is great

> >

> > I feel ya, It has me reconsidering the titleist offering that are just about perfect is size and shape. These are bit rounded and soft looking on the edges. I like irons that are very square looking. Personal pref, I know.

>

>

> Completely agree. Sticking with my Yoro squared-off 62s, or buying the 18s, even though the feel isn’t as good. This is the most disappointing release of the year, as I was so looking forward to these irons

>

The 18s still feel great! I am not going to condemn this club yet. I am willing to bet the more I look at it the more I will like it.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Why not wait and get a set of Yoros ground to the shape you like?

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

> @elcgolf said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @elcgolf said:

> > > Also torn on this one. I hit them yesterday, and the feel is incredible, but the looks are too chunky for my liking. I was prepared to put in an order yesterday on the MBs but held off because of the looks. These are nowhere near as small as the 18s and look more like the 68s, with a much larger face. Feel like Mizuno missed the mark on these, which is so disappointing because the feel is great

> >

> > I feel ya, It has me reconsidering the titleist offering that are just about perfect is size and shape. These are bit rounded and soft looking on the edges. I like irons that are very square looking. Personal pref, I know.

>

>

> Completely agree. Sticking with my Yoro squared-off 62s, or buying the 18s, even though the feel isn’t as good. This is the most disappointing release of the year, as I was so looking forward to these irons

>

I was disappointed with the 18s. The 20s are so much better. Blades are blades and there isn’t much tech in them so you can’t go wrong with 18s as they are still good if you like them. The 20s just fits my eyes better.

> @SuperBombin said:

> > @elcgolf said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @elcgolf said:

> > > > Also torn on this one. I hit them yesterday, and the feel is incredible, but the looks are too chunky for my liking. I was prepared to put in an order yesterday on the MBs but held off because of the looks. These are nowhere near as small as the 18s and look more like the 68s, with a much larger face. Feel like Mizuno missed the mark on these, which is so disappointing because the feel is great

> > >

> > > I feel ya, It has me reconsidering the titleist offering that are just about perfect is size and shape. These are bit rounded and soft looking on the edges. I like irons that are very square looking. Personal pref, I know.

> >

> >

> > Completely agree. Sticking with my Yoro squared-off 62s, or buying the 18s, even though the feel isn’t as good. This is the most disappointing release of the year, as I was so looking forward to these irons

> >

>

> I was disappointed with the 18s. The 20s are so much better. Blades are blades and there isn’t much tech in them so you can’t go wrong with 18s as they are still good if you like them. The 20s just fits my eyes better.

Oh, I am sure the will fit many better. I am sure it is a great club. Mizuno does not have a$$ anything. they put out quality stuff. It just comes down to personal preference. As I said, as I see these on the shelf longer and longer. I am sure they will grow on me. I really need to look at the 8,9,PW to really say one way or the other.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Hi the MB, so soft. Love the MMC too. Don't need HMB yet, but I might snatch a 3 iron on the marketplace or BST next spring for cheaper.

I downloaded the new Mizuno Shaft optimizer app update that has the new shaft and irons. I inputed my usual data manually and its recommending me based on

94.6 (SS) 5.33 2.33 4 4.67

Unlocked all shaft settings:

1. $ Tapers X hard stepped 1

2. KBS Tour X HS

3. C Taper X SS

4. DG TIX100 HS

5. N Modus 125x HS

12. Modus 120 x HS

I felt I enjoyed 120x the best bc I can slow it down and feel everything through impact. I tried it a couple days ago and it gave me a nice high flight that just fell down nicely around 190-200 yard flag stick. I have $ Taper x in z forged, I liked them, but I feel they are too demanding, especially the back 9 when fatigue creeps in. I'm trying to find more smoothness and control and I found heavy shafts just forces me to go harder, making unpredictable paths and more mishits. Perhaps an $ taper S hard stepped once? since it'll be 120grams and plays close to a S+?

I don't know, I think I was bummed to find the modus 120 so far down the list lol. I know the optimizer is merely a starting point to try shafts and shouldn't focus on the top 3. Funny thing is I was fitted into modus 120x during my Srixon fitting but went with $tapers bc I had a hunch they fit be best, but now I'm not sure if $ tapers x works for me. I enjoy the feel of them but I think they are just too heavy.

I'm anxious to place an order, because the end of season is here with about a month of golf left. I might go with my gut and do the modus 120x, but I feel I could be find with $ taper S hard stepped? ugh.

> @Kevinnz said:

> I am disappointed with the presale though as mizuno does not allow customisation, not even choosing the shafts, errrr

I was able to customize and choose my shaft. What do you mean?

Callaway AI Smoke 10.5°(9.5°) - GD Tour AD IZ 5

Taylormade SIM2 TI 3W 15°(14°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 HMP (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Vokey SM8 52°(50°) F Grind

Vokey SM8 56° M Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

> @Kevinnz said:

> > @lefty1978 said:

> > > @Kevinnz said:

> > > I am disappointed with the presale though as mizuno does not allow customisation, not even choosing the shafts, errrr

> > I was able to customize and choose my shaft. What do you mean?

> >

>

> Which site did u go? I was trying to order with mizunousa.com

No site, ordered through my club. Better pricing too. Find a Mizuno dealer near you and see. Most will have a Mizuno cart so you can try different shafts as well.

Vokey SM8 56° M Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

> @lefty1978 said:

> > @Kevinnz said:

> > > @lefty1978 said:

> > > > @Kevinnz said:

> > > > I am disappointed with the presale though as mizuno does not allow customisation, not even choosing the shafts, errrr

> > > I was able to customize and choose my shaft. What do you mean?

> > >

> >

> > Which site did u go? I was trying to order with mizunousa.com

>

> No site, ordered through my club. Better pricing too. Find a Mizuno dealer near you and see. Most will have a Mizuno cart so you can try different shafts as well.

Oic. No wonder. Not in the states atm so would have to place order online. Does you club have a website?

> @Kevinnz said:

> > @lefty1978 said:

> > > @Kevinnz said:

> > > > @lefty1978 said:

> > > > > @Kevinnz said:

> > > > > I am disappointed with the presale though as mizuno does not allow customisation, not even choosing the shafts, errrr

> > > > I was able to customize and choose my shaft. What do you mean?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Which site did u go? I was trying to order with mizunousa.com

> >

> > No site, ordered through my club. Better pricing too. Find a Mizuno dealer near you and see. Most will have a Mizuno cart so you can try different shafts as well.

>

> Oic. No wonder. Not in the states atm so would have to place order online. Does you club have a website?

I can ask if they will do an order over email or phone.

Vokey SM8 56° M Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

After watching all the review videos is seems like the MMC has the best ball speeds and plenty of forgiveness (Ali Taylor video was pretty impressive and I at a similar speed) . Was thinking of MB and HMB set but might just go full MMC.

Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS 9* Ventus Black 6X (green dot adapter set to 7*)

Maverik Sub Zero 13.5 Ventus Blue 7X

Apex UW 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Callaway X Forged 4-PW Modus 125X

Apex MB Gap Wedge  50* Modus 125X

Vokey 56S & 60L TT Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport

> @Kevinnz said:

> 2 days to pre sale, where do you folks order from online? Dont think mizuno offers the shaft (shimada 115) that i want so will need to order heads only then customise. Any recommendations?

Id go with fairway jockey because they check swingweights.

> @Kevinnz said:

> Well mizuno did the mp20 as a modern muscleback, its not a true blade. I dont mind the thick topline (0311T is thicker) as long as my occasional mishits coming out not too bad.

> I am disappointed with the presale though as mizuno does not allow customisation, not even choosing the shafts, errrr

I ordered local but try manhattan golf, they’re who I usually order from online. Fairway jockey is good too if you need loft/lie/SW checked before they ship to you.

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9.5* - Ventus TR Red 6x
Callaway Paradym 3w (@ 16*) - Ventus TR Red 7x
Callaway Paradym 7w (21*) - Ventus TR Red 8x
Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) - KBS Tour V 120x
Vokey SM8 Raw 52F,56D,60M - TI S400 
Odyssey 2-ball OG / Bettinardi DASS BBZero Flow / many more...

Lefty

6-PW lefty blade ordered w/ modus 125 shafts. Now we wait...........

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9.5* - Ventus TR Red 6x
Callaway Paradym 3w (@ 16*) - Ventus TR Red 7x
Callaway Paradym 7w (21*) - Ventus TR Red 8x
Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) - KBS Tour V 120x
Vokey SM8 Raw 52F,56D,60M - TI S400 
Odyssey 2-ball OG / Bettinardi DASS BBZero Flow / many more...

Lefty

> @SuperBombin said:

> Hi the MB, so soft. Love the MMC too. Don't need HMB yet, but I might snatch a 3 iron on the marketplace or BST next spring for cheaper.

>

> I downloaded the new Mizuno Shaft optimizer app update that has the new shaft and irons. I inputed my usual data manually and its recommending me based on

>

> 94.6 (SS) 5.33 2.33 4 4.67

>

> Unlocked all shaft settings:

>

> 1. $ Tapers X hard stepped 1

> 2. KBS Tour X HS

> 3. C Taper X SS

> 4. DG TIX100 HS

> 5. N Modus 125x HS

>

> 12. Modus 120 x HS

>

> I felt I enjoyed 120x the best bc I can slow it down and feel everything through impact. I tried it a couple days ago and it gave me a nice high flight that just fell down nicely around 190-200 yard flag stick. I have $ Taper x in z forged, I liked them, but I feel they are too demanding, especially the back 9 when fatigue creeps in. I'm trying to find more smoothness and control and I found heavy shafts just forces me to go harder, making unpredictable paths and more mishits. Perhaps an $ taper S hard stepped once? since it'll be 120grams and plays close to a S+?

>

> I don't know, I think I was bummed to find the modus 120 so far down the list lol. I know the optimizer is merely a starting point to try shafts and shouldn't focus on the top 3. Funny thing is I was fitted into modus 120x during my Srixon fitting but went with $tapers bc I had a hunch they fit be best, but now I'm not sure if $ tapers x works for me. I enjoy the feel of them but I think they are just too heavy.

>

> I'm anxious to place an order, because the end of season is here with about a month of golf left. I might go with my gut and do the modus 120x, but I feel I could be find with $ taper S hard stepped? ugh.

after looking at your results - it appears they want to put you in a heavier shaft -- which makes me wonder why you weren't fit for 130x...not 120x. are they anywhere further up in the list?

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @SuperBombin said:

> > Hi the MB, so soft. Love the MMC too. Don't need HMB yet, but I might snatch a 3 iron on the marketplace or BST next spring for cheaper.

> >

> > I downloaded the new Mizuno Shaft optimizer app update that has the new shaft and irons. I inputed my usual data manually and its recommending me based on

> >

> > 94.6 (SS) 5.33 2.33 4 4.67

> >

> > Unlocked all shaft settings:

> >

> > 1. $ Tapers X hard stepped 1

> > 2. KBS Tour X HS

> > 3. C Taper X SS

> > 4. DG TIX100 HS

> > 5. N Modus 125x HS

> >

> > 12. Modus 120 x HS

> >

> > I felt I enjoyed 120x the best bc I can slow it down and feel everything through impact. I tried it a couple days ago and it gave me a nice high flight that just fell down nicely around 190-200 yard flag stick. I have $ Taper x in z forged, I liked them, but I feel they are too demanding, especially the back 9 when fatigue creeps in. I'm trying to find more smoothness and control and I found heavy shafts just forces me to go harder, making unpredictable paths and more mishits. Perhaps an $ taper S hard stepped once? since it'll be 120grams and plays close to a S+?

> >

> > I don't know, I think I was bummed to find the modus 120 so far down the list lol. I know the optimizer is merely a starting point to try shafts and shouldn't focus on the top 3. Funny thing is I was fitted into modus 120x during my Srixon fitting but went with $tapers bc I had a hunch they fit be best, but now I'm not sure if $ tapers x works for me. I enjoy the feel of them but I think they are just too heavy.

> >

> > I'm anxious to place an order, because the end of season is here with about a month of golf left. I might go with my gut and do the modus 120x, but I feel I could be find with $ taper S hard stepped? ugh.

>

> after looking at your results - it appears they want to put you in a heavier shaft -- which makes me wonder why you weren't fit for 130x...not 120x. are they anywhere further up in the list?

Modus 130x isn’t an option for mizuno. The optimizer seems to like the heavy shafts for higher swing speed. I’m trying to find something more in the low 120g range to help slow down my swing and prevent late round swing fatigue.

> @SuperBombin said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @SuperBombin said:

> > > Hi the MB, so soft. Love the MMC too. Don't need HMB yet, but I might snatch a 3 iron on the marketplace or BST next spring for cheaper.

> > >

> > > I downloaded the new Mizuno Shaft optimizer app update that has the new shaft and irons. I inputed my usual data manually and its recommending me based on

> > >

> > > 94.6 (SS) 5.33 2.33 4 4.67

> > >

> > > Unlocked all shaft settings:

> > >

> > > 1. $ Tapers X hard stepped 1

> > > 2. KBS Tour X HS

> > > 3. C Taper X SS

> > > 4. DG TIX100 HS

> > > 5. N Modus 125x HS

> > >

> > > 12. Modus 120 x HS

> > >

> > > I felt I enjoyed 120x the best bc I can slow it down and feel everything through impact. I tried it a couple days ago and it gave me a nice high flight that just fell down nicely around 190-200 yard flag stick. I have $ Taper x in z forged, I liked them, but I feel they are too demanding, especially the back 9 when fatigue creeps in. I'm trying to find more smoothness and control and I found heavy shafts just forces me to go harder, making unpredictable paths and more mishits. Perhaps an $ taper S hard stepped once? since it'll be 120grams and plays close to a S+?

> > >

> > > I don't know, I think I was bummed to find the modus 120 so far down the list lol. I know the optimizer is merely a starting point to try shafts and shouldn't focus on the top 3. Funny thing is I was fitted into modus 120x during my Srixon fitting but went with $tapers bc I had a hunch they fit be best, but now I'm not sure if $ tapers x works for me. I enjoy the feel of them but I think they are just too heavy.

> > >

> > > I'm anxious to place an order, because the end of season is here with about a month of golf left. I might go with my gut and do the modus 120x, but I feel I could be find with $ taper S hard stepped? ugh.

> >

> > after looking at your results - it appears they want to put you in a heavier shaft -- which makes me wonder why you weren't fit for 130x...not 120x. are they anywhere further up in the list?

>

> Modus 130x isn’t an option for mizuno. The optimizer seems to like the heavy shafts for higher swing speed. I’m trying to find something more in the low 120g range to help slow down my swing and prevent late round swing fatigue.

My swing speed was 82 with a 3.67 release and a 2 toe downs and was recommended 130 gram x shafts

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr2+ 2W 13° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

BETTINARDI BB1 WIDE

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

So I have been gaming a set of Ping i-25's the last 5 years and have been eyeing new irons for about a year now. I am a decent ball striker, improved greatly after lots of lessons last couple of years, score in the 70s about half the time this year.

Had tried numerous irons, 790s, TMB, AP2s, Apex MB, Apex Pro/Forged, 770s, 760s, JPX 919 Forged/Tour, MP 18, SC, MMC, i500, i210, blueprint, King MB/CB.. etc... over the last 6 months or so. Wasn't really that blown away by any of them and certain models had things I really didn't like. My main gripes with the i25 were difficulty keeping the ball low/controlling trajectory into the wind, and avoiding hot spots - I would hit these missiles off of solid strikes that would unpredictably carry 10+ yards too far and that drove me nuts. I had liked the feel of the Apex line the best and was previously leaning toward Apex Pros but wanted to wait and see what the MP 20 line was all about. I was excited about the prospect of the Apex pro dot (totally removes the unpredictable missile off the cup face) but never could get my hands on them.

Went for an outdoor fitting today and took a look at all of the Mizuno MP 20 models. Went back to a guy I've used previously for wedges who does outdoor fittings on Bermuda turf. I really wanted to feel the turf interaction because the MP 20s vary in sole width between models. I tend to be a shallow divot taker.

I initially planned on going with the blades down to a 6 iron then wasn't really sure if I would go MMC or HMB or what but thought I'd blend the set. We settled in and began to hit the MP 20 blade. It was pure, solid but still soft, if that makes sense. It felt incredible, like everything you've heard about a Mizuno iron. Good feedback. Didn't hit many off the heel or toe but didn't get punished much from a slightly thin strike. We made a couple shaft changes, added 1/2 inch (prior irons were std, 2 upright, and I'm about 6'3), and moved to 1 degree upright after some measurements and some work on a lie board.

The appearance of the MP 20 blade was very appealing to me - it was "bladey" but not like a butter knife. The heel toe length seemed just right to me - the blueprints for example, and the king mb, just looked freaking tiny - too tiny for me. I like a thin top line but not too thin, if that makes sense. The Callaway Apex MB felt like they had the appearance of a confidence inspiring blade, and these were similar in that way. Someone who is used to a butter-knife appearance may not be so enamored but it's just a really reasonable appearance to a blade iron that I liked at setup.

The sole width is also fairly narrow. If you are a digger or overly steep, the MP20s may punish that, particularly if you play in a lot of soft conditions. However, they felt really easy to hit the ball low, high, draw, fade, and everything in between. Gives a lot of confidence that I could carve it out of whatever lie however I wanted to.

As for the MMC and the HMB, I will say this. Sole width is wider for sure. Most notable on the HMB. I was worried trajectories would be ridiculously high with the HMB and although they are higher, I didn't think they were too high. The feel of all three irons was, to me, spectacular. If you put the HMB in my hand and had me hit it blind, I would have never guessed it was a hollow construction, tungsten type deal, but the feel IMO of these irons, the other stuff I've hit just did not compare. They all feel great. Topline is a bit thicker but nothing that would have kept me from playing them necessarily. Lofts for the blade are pretty standard at a 34 7 iron (same as my i25s), which I carry 170. The HMB runs 2 degrees strong at 32. May require a bend weak or strong depending on your gapping if you combo them.

The MMC to me sort of appearance-wise seems to be the odd man out, but man, that iron felt and looked spectacular.

After swapping some shafts around we settled on a DG TI 120g X100 (I have always played DG x100 in my wedges), which was slightly stiffer than the stock ping X flex shaft I had come from in my i25s, with a slightly heavier swing weight (I think the MP20s ran at D3 with this setup, I did try some Modus at a D5 and although I love to feel the weight of the head it threw my tempo off slightly). The 128g DG also was a bit too much and threw my tempo off. I have never been a huge KBS guy, I have liked px and modus when I have hit them previously, but have gone with DG offerings in most of my clubs as a good default fit for my swing.

Initially I planned on going MP 20 from the 6 or so through the P then one of the other heads in the longer irons. I liked the HMB and the MMC and thought the trajectory might determine 3-4-5 irons. First I thought, HMB in the 3-4-5, then I toyed with HMB 3,4, MMC 5, then MMC 3-4, blade 5+. I did think using all three models in my bag was a little too much excitement and seemed unnecessary. As the fitting went on my fitter was advocating going straight MP. We ended up settling on the MP20 blade down to the 4. Fitter says depending on how that goes on the course would use that info to decide what head for the 3. I was hitting it well, although do wonder in the back of my mind if this is going to be slightly too much club for me in a 4 iron (I really highly doubt I will go with the MP 20 blade in the 3 iron). Truth will be told when I have some money on the line and a 200 carry over water, we will see how I do with the 4i MB. However, as I said the blade appearance and really the feel is fairly confidence inspiring and forgiving. I would have zero, I mean zero apprehension about putting either of the other two heads in play as long irons, they all just feel and look great.

I did hit a couple of other driving irons as well as I experiment this off season about the 3w to 4i gap. I have played a Callaway x2 hybrid for a while and find the spin is too hard to control into the wind, and would prefer something easier to keep low. Exception to this would be if I am playing a course with thick fescue rough or something (up North) and I need a long club to just pop the ball out of there when I get in trouble, the hybrid is unbeatable for that. Normally in the Bermuda here in the south though I don't find myself in that position much. Two random Titleist points from today: The Titleist U500 was an absolute missile off the turf and the tee, with a great, penetrating trajectory. The U510 felt okay but sounded horrendous, sort of like I was hitting the ball with an empty coffee can. Strangest thing I've ever heard from a club and would be shocked if they sold any of these. Overall I will have to consider the U500 vs the MP 20 HMB vs MMC (unlikely blade) in a 2 or 3 iron sort of setup.

Long rambling post. Take away: Unbeatable feel, very inviting at address, doesn't matter what your handicap is, if you're in the market for irons, you should probably test drive something in the MP 20 line before you make a purchase - these clubs offer something for everyone and the feel is unmatched.

Will certainly report back when I get these in play - sounds like it may be a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Love the classic look and feel of these irons. Got to hit a 7-iron (SEL) in a simulator with a few different shafts yesterday. Started with the DG S300, was pushing most shots and getting some inconsistent flight. Swapped to the $-taper 120 shaft and was hitting high, beautiful 180ish yard shots over and over. Can’t wait to grab a set soon!

> @elcgolf said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @elcgolf said:

> >

>

>

>

Calling the MP20's the most disappointing release is...i don't know...a very unique perspective i guess.

> @m_w said:

> > @elcgolf said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @elcgolf said:

> > > > Also torn on this one. I hit them yesterday, and the feel is incredible, but the looks are too chunky for my liking. I was prepared to put in an order yesterday on the MBs but held off because of the looks. These are nowhere near as small as the 18s and look more like the 68s, with a much larger face. Feel like Mizuno missed the mark on these, which is so disappointing because the feel is great

> > >

> > > I feel ya, It has me reconsidering the titleist offering that are just about perfect is size and shape. These are bit rounded and soft looking on the edges. I like irons that are very square looking. Personal pref, I know.

> >

> >

> > Completely agree. Sticking with my Yoro squared-off 62s, or buying the 18s, even though the feel isn’t as good. This is the most disappointing release of the year, as I was so looking forward to these irons

> >

>

> Calling the MP20's the most disappointing release is...i don't know...a very unique perspective i guess.

Yeah no kidding. I thought the whole MP-18 was completely underwhelming then the 20 was a complete home run. I mean when was the last time Mizuno made a super squared off iron?

> @MBBG said:

> > @m_w said:

> > > @elcgolf said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > @elcgolf said:

> > > > > Also torn on this one. I hit them yesterday, and the feel is incredible, but the looks are too chunky for my liking. I was prepared to put in an order yesterday on the MBs but held off because of the looks. These are nowhere near as small as the 18s and look more like the 68s, with a much larger face. Feel like Mizuno missed the mark on these, which is so disappointing because the feel is great

> > > >

> > > > I feel ya, It has me reconsidering the titleist offering that are just about perfect is size and shape. These are bit rounded and soft looking on the edges. I like irons that are very square looking. Personal pref, I know.

> > >

> > >

> > > Completely agree. Sticking with my Yoro squared-off 62s, or buying the 18s, even though the feel isn’t as good. This is the most disappointing release of the year, as I was so looking forward to these irons

> > >

> >

> > Calling the MP20's the most disappointing release is...i don't know...a very unique perspective i guess.

>

> Yeah no kidding. I thought the whole MP-18 was completely underwhelming then the 20 was a complete home run. I mean when was the last time Mizuno made a super squared off iron?

It’s not so much the non-squared off look that makes them disappointing, in fact the toe shape looks fine...very 68-esque. (Also, the 4s and 18s were more square). The problem, and what makes them so disappointing, is the size of the blade, particularly when compared to the 18s and other blade offerings (Apex, Cobra, Titleist, Taylormade). The blade size looks like a GI iron

> @elcgolf said:

> > @MBBG said:

> > > @m_w said:

> > > > @elcgolf said:

> > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > @elcgolf said:

> > > > > > Also torn on this one. I hit them yesterday, and the feel is incredible, but the looks are too chunky for my liking. I was prepared to put in an order yesterday on the MBs but held off because of the looks. These are nowhere near as small as the 18s and look more like the 68s, with a much larger face. Feel like Mizuno missed the mark on these, which is so disappointing because the feel is great

> > > > >

> > > > > I feel ya, It has me reconsidering the titleist offering that are just about perfect is size and shape. These are bit rounded and soft looking on the edges. I like irons that are very square looking. Personal pref, I know.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Completely agree. Sticking with my Yoro squared-off 62s, or buying the 18s, even though the feel isn’t as good. This is the most disappointing release of the year, as I was so looking forward to these irons

> > > >

> > >

> > > Calling the MP20's the most disappointing release is...i don't know...a very unique perspective i guess.

> >

> > Yeah no kidding. I thought the whole MP-18 was completely underwhelming then the 20 was a complete home run. I mean when was the last time Mizuno made a super squared off iron?

>

> It’s not so much the non-squared off look that makes them disappointing, in fact the toe shape looks fine...very 68-esque. (Also, the 4s and 18s were more square). The problem, and what makes them so disappointing, is the size of the blade, particularly when compared to the 18s and other blade offerings (Apex, Cobra, Titleist, Taylormade). The blade size looks like a GI iron

I could totally understand that if I was guy that preferred a smaller look. One of the reasons' I've been able to play Mizuno blades over the years is that they look bigger to me and thus, more friendly. Never felt intimidated by a Mizuno iron. Like someone said before, the Blueprints and Cobra's look so small it's almost like you'r only two options for strike are 1. perfect strike or 2. hosel. There really is no room on the face for any other type of heel-toe miss. I have had zero confidence and been totally intimidated looking down at those clubs. Maybe if Mizuno sell a lot of these, they'll swing the pendulum back to smaller on the next iteration, but I doubt it. I don't think the Blueprints or Cobras sell well at all and are more of a niche/novelty.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

Mizuno STG 15* Ventus Blue 7x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 5

The MP-4 was for the guy who wants a small, pure iron and they can still be found brand new online.

Lol when was the last time mizuno released a true blade? Even miura fances sole relieves (Y grind) latterly (10 yrs at least?).

What mizuno does is totally fine for the majority of us out there who are like not tour calibre of solid contacts. Toes and heel miss forgiveness is a key.

These muscle backs are never intended for a true blade configeration so stop getting disappointed for something thats not designed to please a purist.

I think these are a great irons. I am 100% certain mizuno will sell a ton of clubs in this like. They are packed with technology, the feel great, and the look of the whole line is classy. There are just a few aesthetics that I am not a fan of. That’s fine, I would still gladly play them. I just think I liked the 18s more. I like the straight muscle look and simple design. No biggie.

BALL; Chrome Soft X