2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

CBD OIL

dennis4190

Have used it for Crohns flare ups. I found it to be more reliable than say Tums or Motrin. Have some really good/close friends who produce a couple acres with a grant in KY. They farm around your neck of the woods.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

• 1 year later...

Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is oil that is extracted from the annual herbaceous flowering plant cannabis. The oil taken from the plant's secretions is used as a food supplement and as a medicine (we retail it as a food supplement). It was discovered in 1940 and the plant has over 400 additional compounds, which have been used throughout the world for millennia.

How is CBD Oil Used?

CBD oil is used to support the overall wellbeing of the body and mind. Today, it is used widely as a food supplement that activates receptors that communicate with the different systems of the body. CBD supports your overall feeling of wellbeing throughout the body, but does not give a sensation of “being high”, which is why THC, the other well-known active substance from the Cannabis plant, has been prohibited in most countries and considered a drug. This CBD guide explains further.

The Endocannabinoid System - What it is and how CBD plays a role

The Endogenous Cannabinoid System, also known as the ECS system, are cell receptors that communicate with various parts of the body to tell them when to start or to tell the process when to stop such as:

• The brain

• Organs

• Connective Tissues

• Glands

• Immuno Cells

The goal of the ECS is to achieve the overall balance of the body’s systems. The ECS chemical keys are the CB1 and CB2 receptors within the body, which lock and unlock systems of the body. Since cannabinoids play a significant role within the body’s functions, they constitute an important tool to maintain our overall wellbeing.

[CBD is a product that helps to communicate with the body](https://formulaswiss.com/blogs/news/cbd-oil-and-the-human-body-how-do-we-interact "CBD is a product that helps to communicate with the body") to complete its natural maintenance and regenerative functions. Activating these CB1 & CB2 receptors in your body will give it balance, helping the natural signals of these bodily systems flow.

CBD is an extract from the cannabis plant used to help support overall wellbeing. CBD products support your complete wellbeing by working with your Endocannabinoid System (ECS). In the 1990s, the first Endocannabinoid System receptors were cloned: CB1 and CB2. CB1 receptors have an effect on the brain, and nervous system and how our bodies feel overall.

CB2 receptors influence appetite and immune system function. CB2 receptors also control the management of pain throughout the nervous system. It uses 2-AG and binds with enzymes throughout the Endocannabinoid system. The Endocannabinoid system also uses (2-AG) or 2-arachidonoylglycerol to control these body systems.

My wife has tried it and felt "calmer" and "more relaxed" according to her. I'd like to try it for my knee/back pain, but I want to research it more. I need that gum that Phil and Tiger were chewing at the Master's.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

> @dennis4190 said:

> Anybody using CBD oil for inflammation? I’m wondering what your results are. I’ve been thinking of trying some to see if it will work for minor back pain.

There are so many cbd options in Louisville now... it’s amazing. I tried the oral supplement from green remedy as they were walking distance from my office. I think it helped but did not buy a second bottle.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

I am not 100% on board, but also not sure what I expected either. I have had some back surgeries so over the last few years I have been drinking beer when I golf figuring being fat is better than opioid addicted. Well, life is ever changing and figured overweight wasn’t much of a bargain either.

Now I am trying gummies with 5G of CBD and 5G THC and I am not 100% sold yet.

> @MountainGoat said:

> Poorly made, deceptively promoted and totally ineffective.

>

Meh. I need to see if I still have the picture, but the place by my old office rendered hemp for CBD oil... They knew what they were doing and were definitely extracting CBD. (my picture is them carrying a load of hemp from my back area post a break in where idiots stole the hemp thinking it was pot).

It's definitely deceptively advertised... but so is distance on golf clubs. That doesn't mean a new golf club WON'T add distance... you just need to make sure it adds distance for you.

Totally ineffective... I disagree. I think there are some benefits, but I'm hoping there is more research done.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

> @McCann1 said:

> > @MountainGoat said:

> > Poorly made, deceptively promoted and totally ineffective.

> >

>

> Do you have anything go back up your claim?

Lab tests repeatedly reveal low to non-existant amounts of cannabidiol. Promotion is largely word of mouth and dependent on a poorly-understood relationship to cannabis (by the public). Reports of effectiveness are anecdotal. Not a single double-blind clinical study has shown effectiveness for anything other than poorly quantified endpoints.

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @McCann1 said:

> > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > Poorly made, deceptively promoted and totally ineffective.

> > >

> >

> > Do you have anything go back up your claim?

> Lab tests repeatedly reveal low to non-existant amounts of cannabidiol. Promotion is largely word of mouth and dependent on a poorly-understood relationship to cannabis (by the public). Reports of effectiveness are anecdotal. Not a single double-blind clinical study has shown effectiveness for anything other than poorly quantified endpoints.

We have given it to our dog (the one in my profile pic) who has anxiety related to reflections on the ceiling. He is noticeably calmer and more relaxed when on the CBD.

Titleist TSi2 10* Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TS2 16* Diamana S+ 60X 
Taylormade Rescue 22* Aldila XVS9
Titleist T100S TT Dynalite Sensicore X100 4-PW
Vokey SM5 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
SIK Pro Custom

I was into this way back around 10 years ago before it became main stream. Waste of money imo. Honestly all does is mask pain due to the THC content. You might as well be using pain killers. CBD does not solve the issue at hand. I'd rather invest in stuff that actually tackle the problem i.e Stem cell, PRP injections etc. CBD is just another money making fad much like Whey protein which is another joke. But i'd leave that for now.

> @bub72ck said:

> > @MountainGoat said:

> > > @McCann1 said:

> > > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > > Poorly made, deceptively promoted and totally ineffective.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Do you have anything go back up your claim?

> > Lab tests repeatedly reveal low to non-existant amounts of cannabidiol. Promotion is largely word of mouth and dependent on a poorly-understood relationship to cannabis (by the public). Reports of effectiveness are anecdotal. Not a single double-blind clinical study has shown effectiveness for anything other than poorly quantified endpoints.

>

> We have given it to our dog (the one in my profile pic) who has anxiety related to reflections on the ceiling. He is noticeably calmer and more relaxed when on the CBD.

Mirrors on the ceiling. Nice.

> @Lamb said:

> I was into this way back around 10 years ago before it became main stream. Waste of money imo. Honestly all does is mask pain due to the THC content. You might as well be using pain killers. CBD does not solve the issue at hand. I'd rather invest in stuff that actually tackle the problem i.e Stem cell, PRP injections etc. CBD is just another money making fad much like Whey protein which is another joke. But i'd leave that for now.

What? You’d rather be on painkillers? What kind of logic is that? I got rear ended by a semi last October and badly herniated a disc. I have been on tramadol, Vicodin, methocarbamol, taken cortisone shots, you name it. And I recently stopped taking the painkillers and I wanted to kill myself. I just got out of the hospital on Friday after checking myself in before I did anything I’d regret.

Why would I ever want to take such habit forming, mind altering drugs, IF something is out there that can mask pain and not be addicting?

• Like 1

> @McCann1 said:

> > @Lamb said:

> > I was into this way back around 10 years ago before it became main stream. Waste of money imo. Honestly all does is mask pain due to the THC content. You might as well be using pain killers. CBD does not solve the issue at hand. I'd rather invest in stuff that actually tackle the problem i.e Stem cell, PRP injections etc. CBD is just another money making fad much like Whey protein which is another joke. But i'd leave that for now.

>

> What? You’d rather be on painkillers? What kind of logic is that? I got rear ended by a semi last October and badly herniated a disc. I have been on tramadol, Vicodin, methocarbamol, taken cortisone shots, you name it. And I recently stopped taking the painkillers and I wanted to kill myself. I just got out of the hospital on Friday after checking myself in before I did anything I’d regret.

>

> Why would I ever want to take such habit forming, mind altering drugs, IF something is out there that can mask pain and not be addicting?

>

Exactly! If i was ever at a point in my life where i needed to take painkillers to function normally, i'd rather use THC/CBD first before taking any opioids. I have a few old friends who received an Rx from the doctor for codeine or something similar before their lives started to spiral out of control due to heavy addiction

I've been experimenting with a CBD salve on my knee which seems to always be sore. I've used it a handful of times over the last 4-5 days. I haven't noticed any real change and certainly no real dramatic change. I'm still skeptical but will continue to try it out for a bit to see if I notice much difference.

My wife has been trying it as well and she believes it's having a positive impact, albeit, not a cure all change the world type of benefit. We have also used the drops and treats for our dogs (mini schnauzers... so horrible yappers). One of our dogs has some serious anxiety and when we give it to him about 30 minutes prior to a walk, he's noticeably calmer. Less barking, less hair raising on his back, etc. It doesn't cure all of his barking or anything like that, but, his tolerance threshold seems much higher.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

> @McCann1 said:

> > @Lamb said:

> > I was into this way back around 10 years ago before it became main stream. Waste of money imo. Honestly all does is mask pain due to the THC content. You might as well be using pain killers. CBD does not solve the issue at hand. I'd rather invest in stuff that actually tackle the problem i.e Stem cell, PRP injections etc. CBD is just another money making fad much like Whey protein which is another joke. But i'd leave that for now.

>

> What? You’d rather be on painkillers? What kind of logic is that? I got rear ended by a semi last October and badly herniated a disc. I have been on tramadol, Vicodin, methocarbamol, taken cortisone shots, you name it. And I recently stopped taking the painkillers and I wanted to kill myself. I just got out of the hospital on Friday after checking myself in before I did anything I’d regret.

>

> Why would I ever want to take such habit forming, mind altering drugs, IF something is out there that can mask pain and not be addicting?

>

It’s an interesting discussion. If CBD can mask the pain and allow normal function, I’m all on board. OTOH, I’m not so prudish to think that if there was an addicting drug, that didn’t totally mess up everything in life, that I wouldn’t gladly accept the addiction.

(Disclaimer: In no way am I trying to minimize real opioid issues.)

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

> @stryper said:

> > @McCann1 said:

> > > @Lamb said:

> > > I was into this way back around 10 years ago before it became main stream. Waste of money imo. Honestly all does is mask pain due to the THC content. You might as well be using pain killers. CBD does not solve the issue at hand. I'd rather invest in stuff that actually tackle the problem i.e Stem cell, PRP injections etc. CBD is just another money making fad much like Whey protein which is another joke. But i'd leave that for now.

> >

> > What? You’d rather be on painkillers? What kind of logic is that? I got rear ended by a semi last October and badly herniated a disc. I have been on tramadol, Vicodin, methocarbamol, taken cortisone shots, you name it. And I recently stopped taking the painkillers and I wanted to kill myself. I just got out of the hospital on Friday after checking myself in before I did anything I’d regret.

> >

> > Why would I ever want to take such habit forming, mind altering drugs, IF something is out there that can mask pain and not be addicting?

> >

>

> It’s an interesting discussion. If CBD can mask the pain and allow normal function, I’m all on board. OTOH, I’m not so prudish to think that if there was an addicting pain-

killing drug, that didn’t totally mess up everything in life, that I wouldn’t gladly accept the addiction.

>

> (Disclaimer: In no way am I trying to minimize real opioid issues.)

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

Sorry, tried to edit my post and ended up looking stupid...I’ll be glad when GolfWRX finally gets the bugs worked out.

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

> @McCann1 said:

> > @Lamb said:

>

>

>

Yeah. When I destroyed my knee in college they gave me a bottle of Vicodin horse pills with zero warning. They were great. I gobbled them with delight. Then, I went cold turkey not realizing what I was in for. Not good. Got through it with a mixture of stupidity and intestinal fortitude.

Back to topic. I deal with plenty of joint pain now and CBD oil has been somewhat helpful. The most helpful, though, has been ibuprofen. I just don't want to rely on the IB too much, long term.

Eliminating sugar helps my joint pain more than CBD oil does.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

> @lawsonman said:

> Eliminating sugar helps my joint pain more than CBD oil does.

+1. Sugar is the devil. Avoid it as much as possible, but it's hidden everywhere, and I do enjoy good chocolate.

Just started using a CBD cream for lumbar discomfort. No better or worse than the Penetrex salve I also use. Neither are a cure all, but both help a little. The Penetrex os about a 1,000% cheaper.

Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I use a CBD tincture (1000mg oil from a 1ml dropper) to help me sleep at night. My back keeps me awake, but the cbd helps me to stay asleep and keeps me from eating soma like candy.

I tried the cbd vape pen cartridges, but they really did nothing for me. Went through 4-5 of them then just quit buying them.

I usually take a 1ml dropper full when I get home from work and another 1 ml dropper full before bed. It’s expensive, but better than 2 somas per day.

I have not tried it but want to---- The problem for me is I drive a truck for a living now and subject to random drug tests. Now I talked face to face with a medical review doctor on this. He explained to me that even with the laws and standards that CDB oil can contain a certain amount of THC and be legal for sale. He also told me some off the shelf stuff had been tested here in SC and contained more than the law allowed. Anyhow with all of that being said he told me that the test we take is so sensitive that the least little amount can make you test positive. Under Federal Law there is ZERO tolerance for that or other controlled substances. BTW We do as SOP a 7 panel drug screen as required again by Federal DOT law. So right now I can not afford to risk it

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

> @"BIG STU" said:

> I have not tried it but want to---- The problem for me is I drive a truck for a living now and subject to random drug tests. Now I talked face to face with a medical review doctor on this. He explained to me that even with the laws and standards that CDB oil can contain a certain amount of THC and be legal for sale. He also told me some off the shelf stuff had been tested here in SC and contained more than the law allowed. Anyhow with all of that being said he told me that the test we take is so sensitive that the least little amount can make you test positive. Under Federal Law there is ZERO tolerance for that or other controlled substances. BTW We do as SOP a 7 panel drug screen as required again by Federal DOT law. So right now I can not afford to risk it

If you have a CDL I would very far away from this. It's regulated. Some could have zero THC some could have a lot.

I use a vape pen with THC and CBD for nerve damage on the neck. Does a decent job for me.