Titleist TS hybrids, U500 & U510 utility irons

GolfWRX

> @Jgarn117 said:

> Also, will any hybrid shaft fit in the u500?

>

> Potentially looking at pulling an old hybrid shaft for this club build.

You can put a hybrid shaft in it, but you will either need to sand/shave the tip down to fit the .355 hosel or bore out the hosel to fit the .370 shaft. I just got a U500 3iron and pulled the smoke shaft out of it and put in a Tour AD Di 105x hybrid shaft, had to sand the shaft down to make it fit. Great club but not sure if its gonna knock my Tmade UDI 3 iron out of the bag.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/Ventus Blue TR 7x

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

Contemplating getting the U500 in a 3 iron. The U510 doesn’t do for me. For starters, live in Cape Town where it’s quiet windy so last thing I need is something that goes high. Also just too bulky for my eye. Problem is, I think the Smoke 90 shaft will be too much for my SS. Driver is at 93 to 95 SS. Was thinking of replacing the Smoke 90 of the U500 with the Smoke 80 in 6.0, which is in the U510. Can this be done and will this drastically change the characteristics of the U500? Currently play the 718 CB 3 iron, which happens to be one of the best clubs in the bag, and the 718 MB, 4 to pw, all of them soon to be replaced by the 620 CB 4-6 and the 620 MB 7-pw. HC varies between +1 and 5, depending on whether it’s summer or winter. Being at the southern most point of Africa, fitting can be a challenge

> @Aren said:

> Contemplating getting the U500 in a 3 iron. The U510 doesn’t do for me. For starters, live in Cape Town where it’s quiet windy so last thing I need is something that goes high. Also just too bulky for my eye. Problem is, I think the Smoke 90 shaft will be too much for my SS. Driver is at 93 to 95 SS. Was thinking of replacing the Smoke 90 of the U500 with the Smoke 80 in 6.0, which is in the U510. Can this be done and will this drastically change the characteristics of the U500? Currently play the 718 CB 3 iron, which happens to be one of the best clubs in the bag, and the 718 MB, 4 to pw, all of them soon to be replaced by the 620 CB 4-6 and the 620 MB 7-pw. HC varies between +1 and 5, depending on whether it’s summer or winter. Being at the southern most point of Africa, fitting can be a challenge

If you order it, you can get the 80g Smoke in the 500. It's a no upcharge shaft.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Anyone with some same-shaft feedback between the 718T-MB and the U500? I am debating reshafting my T-MB or pulling the trigger on the new club. On paper they remain quite similar, aside from .2mm face thickness and 4gm tungsten. While I’m sure the new is technically better I’m doubtful those differences will dramatically change the club, but the only comparison I can find showed a dramatic edge to the U500 in ballspeed, but had no clubspeed data so my assumption is a steel shafted T-MB in standard Spec was hit against a graphite shafted U500... since I’d plan on reshafting the T-MB it’s not as though I can easily compare in fitting, so hopefully someone can shed some light based on their experience.

Titleist TS3 9.5 Tour AD UB 6x
Titleist TS3 15 Tour AD DI 7x
Titleist 917 F2 18 Tour AD DI 8x or U500 3 AMT White
Titleist T100 4-9 AMT White
Vokey SM8 46.10F SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08F DG Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350gm

Well this at least makes it easier to decide to reshaft my T-MB...

> @er1cchandler said:

> Just placed order for the u500 3i with Tensei X with Discount Dan's. They confirmed they were on backorder... order is scheduled to be delivered mid-October

> @qwertyb22 said:

> Anyone with some same-shaft feedback between the 718T-MB and the U500? I am debating reshafting my T-MB or pulling the trigger on the new club. On paper they remain quite similar, aside from .2mm face thickness and 4gm tungsten. While I’m sure the new is technically better I’m doubtful those differences will dramatically change the club, but the only comparison I can find showed a dramatic edge to the U500 in ballspeed, but had no clubspeed data so my assumption is a steel shafted T-MB in standard Spec was hit against a graphite shafted U500... since I’d plan on reshafting the T-MB it’s not as though I can easily compare in fitting, so hopefully someone can shed some light based on their experience.

I have both and very much prefer my “old” T-MB 718. U500 is bigger with a large sole compared to T-MB. Ok from tee, but T-MB is superior from the deck.

https://images.app.goo.gl/JsmCcFwxeAz4koQ4A

So I just wanted to give my $.02 on my u500 3 with the Tensei White 100X from titleist. Also I should note I ordered this one 1* strong. So far its pretty nuts. Like I'm beyond pleased with how it performs. I had a 716 TMB with ADDI 105X before and it was very versatile, but didn't give me the penetrating flight I really wanted off the tee. I found myself putting it back in my stance and often times taking a bigger than desired divot. My u500 gives me a low penetrating flight at the middle of my stance and a little higher flight if I move it up about a ball if I were to hit it into a green. No matter where I have it I can carry it 215-220, but the total distance is what separates this from my old TMB. Please keep in mind, I HATE when people on WRX over exaggerate how far they hit the ball. According to people on here they should be signing themselves up for long drive qualifiers. My SS with driver is 113 and my total rollout on medium firm fairways was around 255 total average with a couple topping out at 265 on level ground. Absolutely insane compared to my old TMB which at best I could go 230 total because of spin and flight. I hope this helps anyone who was considering the differences between mostly the ADDI and Tensei white as well as helps those who doubted the quality of the X-Flex Tensei white that titleist has available compared to the TX. Also if you want an especially lower flight the 1* strong has helped as well, but has made it somewhat difficult to fly it into greens and get it to land softly, especially with firm greens. Great combo off the tee though, hope this helps somebody.

Titleist TSR2 10* Ventus Black 6X
Ping 430 LST 15* Ventus Black 7X

Ping G430 Max 5w ADIZ 8X 
Titleist U500 4 DG TI X100
Titleist T100 5-Pw DG TI S400
Titleist SM9 Raw 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04T DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X7
WITB

Is the Tensei X-Flex from Titleist "made-for" or real deal? I haven't been following this thread so sincerely don't know.......

Never mind, I thought it was a stock offering but now see on their website its not, so answered my own question.....disregard...

> @Luke7 said:

> So I just wanted to give my $.02 on my u500 3 with the Tensei White 100X from titleist. Also I should note I ordered this one 1* strong. So far its pretty nuts. Like I'm beyond pleased with how it performs. I had a 716 TMB with ADDI 105X before and it was very versatile, but didn't give me the penetrating flight I really wanted off the tee. I found myself putting it back in my stance and often times taking a bigger than desired divot. My u500 gives me a low penetrating flight at the middle of my stance and a little higher flight if I move it up about a ball if I were to hit it into a green. No matter where I have it I can carry it 215-220, but the total distance is what separates this from my old TMB. Please keep in mind, I HATE when people on WRX over exaggerate how far they hit the ball. According to people on here they should be signing themselves up for long drive qualifiers. My SS with driver is 113 and my total rollout on medium firm fairways was around 255 total average with a couple topping out at 265 on level ground. Absolutely insane compared to my old TMB which at best I could go 230 total because of spin and flight. I hope this helps anyone who was considering the differences between mostly the ADDI and Tensei white as well as helps those who doubted the quality of the X-Flex Tensei white that titleist has available compared to the TX. Also if you want an especially lower flight the 1* strong has helped as well, but has made it somewhat difficult to fly it into greens and get it to land softly, especially with firm greens. Great combo off the tee though, hope this helps somebody.

Thanks for the input. Playability off of the deck is my main concern with the U500, because the sole width is similar to my TP UDI and this is the main (and maybe only?) complaint I have about that club. I just sent my T-MB off to Will Peoples for an Atmos Black. Hopefully this gives me what I’m after as I thought this was better off of the turf but didn’t like the shaft. If not, I’ll order the U500 to the same spec and follow up with my own feedback.

> @SMUGamer said:

> Is the Tensei X-Flex from Titleist "made-for" or real deal? I haven't been following this thread so sincerely don't know.......

> Never mind, I thought it was a stock offering but now see on their website its not, so answered my own question.....disregard...

> > @Luke7 said:

> > So I just wanted to give my $.02 on my u500 3 with the Tensei White 100X from titleist. Also I should note I ordered this one 1* strong. So far its pretty nuts. Like I'm beyond pleased with how it performs. I had a 716 TMB with ADDI 105X before and it was very versatile, but didn't give me the penetrating flight I really wanted off the tee. I found myself putting it back in my stance and often times taking a bigger than desired divot. My u500 gives me a low penetrating flight at the middle of my stance and a little higher flight if I move it up about a ball if I were to hit it into a green. No matter where I have it I can carry it 215-220, but the total distance is what separates this from my old TMB. Please keep in mind, I HATE when people on WRX over exaggerate how far they hit the ball. According to people on here they should be signing themselves up for long drive qualifiers. My SS with driver is 113 and my total rollout on medium firm fairways was around 255 total average with a couple topping out at 265 on level ground. Absolutely insane compared to my old TMB which at best I could go 230 total because of spin and flight. I hope this helps anyone who was considering the differences between mostly the ADDI and Tensei white as well as helps those who doubted the quality of the X-Flex Tensei white that titleist has available compared to the TX. Also if you want an especially lower flight the 1* strong has helped as well, but has made it somewhat difficult to fly it into greens and get it to land softly, especially with firm greens. Great combo off the tee though, hope this helps somebody.

>

Not stock, but it’s not an upcharge either. Also it’s not the TX listed on Mitsubishi’s website, but it seems to be really high quality. Nobody knows if it’s a “made for”.

Titleist TSR2 10* Ventus Black 6X
Ping 430 LST 15* Ventus Black 7X

Ping G430 Max 5w ADIZ 8X 
Titleist U500 4 DG TI X100
Titleist T100 5-Pw DG TI S400
Titleist SM9 Raw 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04T DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X7
WITB

> @MizunoMac72 said:

>

> > @texcrom said:

> > > @FromDeepInTheTrees said:

> > > Titleist irons just don't seem nearly as forgiving to me as many of the other options out there.

> >

> > Check the Maltby playability numbers and as an example, the 718 AP2 blows everything away in its class......Callaway Apex Pro, Mizuno’s MP 18 MMC and SC, Taylor Made 760, etc.

> > Very interesting info to me, as I was ready to pick up Mizuno’s or Calloway’s.

>

> Many thanks for sharing the link, I found it very interesting reading. Would you not include the Mizuno JPX919 Forged in that shortlist? Personally, I was surprised that the MP18 (MB Blade) came in higher than the MP18 SC, let alone the JPX919 Tour to be as high as it was. I had to laugh that the TaylorMade P730 only just got on to the list.

>

> Titleist 718 AP3 - 662

> Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal Pro - 660

> Mizuno JPX919 Forged - 619

> **Titleist 718 AP2 - 508**

> Callaway Apex Pro - 460

> Mizuno JPX919 Tour - 433

> TaylorMade P760 - 432

> Mizuno MP18 MMC - 371

> Mizuno MP18 (MB Blade) - 284

> Mizuno MP18 SC - 135

> TaylorMade P730 - 15

First off, no difference between a club with a 450 MPF vs 508. Same category and the score “range” is what even Maltby says to focus on. But I never buy a club based on hIgh MPF scores. Indeed, I go the other way. So many factors MPF does not predict well and I have seen so many low MPF clubs that play great, with the Nike Vapor Pro Combo as the poster child in that category. The only relationship I notice between MPF and my game is that if the MPF is above 650-700, I almost always hate how the club looks and plays. Those in the 350-550 range I generally like and those in the 400 range I like the most. Many below 400 are great clubs.

So I look at three numbers: i prefer VCOG at .840 or lower, below .800 is even better; an RCOG at .400 or higher (above .450 is my optimal) and C-Dimension at 1.35 or lower (If it is higher that just means long blade length, which I do not like) with 1.2 being optimal.

I do not care about high MOI on irons. Can see it helping with drivers. Seems to not matter at all on my iron swings. And if it is really high, the club is harder to work.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Just ordered the TS3 19* with the Tensei white 100 xstiff. Loved they way it performed at the fitting. also ordered it with the +2 gram weight to stop the pull and help me keep it open. Anyone else order the e=heavier weight?

Titleist TSi3, 9.0*/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 75 x stiff;
Titleist TSi2 13.5*/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Black 85 x stiff;
Titleist U505 3 iron/ PX Hzrdus RDX Smoke 90 x stiff:
Cobra Forged Tec 4- PW/ KBS C Taper 120 stiff/ hard stepped once;
Vokey SM9 50*F/TKBS C Taper 120 x stiff;
Vokey SM8 54*D/ TT DG s200;
Vokey Custom Grind 58*T/ TT DG Tour Issue s400;
Scotty Cameron Monterey 35"; Titleist Pro Pro V1

Finally got my U500 2i with tensei white 100. I am extremely happy with both the head and the shaft. I have been gaming a 718 TMB 2i with a recoil 110 F5, and the U500 looks far better at address. There is less offset and there is a subtle bevel on the top line that makes the head appear to look a lot more like a players club. I still need to adjust to the feel as it seems to have a higher pitched sound than the TMB does. With all that said, it certainly feels like the club has a lot higher MOI and is easier to hit despite the features I noted above. I’m guessing that has to do with the placement of the tungsten on the sole of the 718?

> @jjrussell12 said:

> Finally got my U500 2i with tensei white 100. I am extremely happy with both the head and the shaft. I have been gaming a 718 TMB 2i with a recoil 110 F5, and the U500 looks far better at address. There is less offset and there is a subtle bevel on the top line that makes the head appear to look a lot more like a players club. I still need to adjust to the feel as it seems to have a higher pitched sound than the TMB does. With all that said, it certainly feels like the club has a lot higher MOI and is easier to hit despite the features I noted above. I’m guessing that has to do with the placement of the tungsten on the sole of the 718?

When did you order? I don’t know if mine has even shipped yet

> @youngunz5840 said:

> > @jjrussell12 said:

> > Finally got my U500 2i with tensei white 100. I am extremely happy with both the head and the shaft. I have been gaming a 718 TMB 2i with a recoil 110 F5, and the U500 looks far better at address. There is less offset and there is a subtle bevel on the top line that makes the head appear to look a lot more like a players club. I still need to adjust to the feel as it seems to have a higher pitched sound than the TMB does. With all that said, it certainly feels like the club has a lot higher MOI and is easier to hit despite the features I noted above. I’m guessing that has to do with the placement of the tungsten on the sole of the 718?

>

> When did you order? I don’t know if mine has even shipped yet

Exactly 3 weeks ago. My MB/CBS came in yesterday and the U came in today.

Head to head of old vs new of the hybrids

• Like 1

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

> @jjrussell12 said:

> Finally got my U500 2i with tensei white 100. I am extremely happy with both the head and the shaft. I have been gaming a 718 TMB 2i with a recoil 110 F5, and the U500 looks far better at address. There is less offset and there is a subtle bevel on the top line that makes the head appear to look a lot more like a players club. I still need to adjust to the feel as it seems to have a higher pitched sound than the TMB does. With all that said, it certainly feels like the club has a lot higher MOI and is easier to hit despite the features I noted above. I’m guessing that has to do with the placement of the tungsten on the sole of the 718?

I find it looks larger than the t-mb did, sound if very different. U500 sounds like a hybrid.

Debating getting rid of my old 18 degree hybrid for a u500. Currently go 10.5, 3 wood (15), hybrid (19 degree setting) 4-PW. Would most of you guys with a similar setup suggest going with the 2 or 3 u500 to fill the gap?

M3 10.5* (10*) Motore 6.2ts X
SLDR 3 15* Diamana D+ 70x
2011 MC TP 4-PW KBS C-Taper S+
Titleist SM5 F Grind 50*
TM ATV 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron California Monterey
TP5X

> @twglfr23 said:

> Debating getting rid of my old 18 degree hybrid for a u500. Currently go 10.5, 3 wood (15), hybrid (19 degree setting) 4-PW. Would most of you guys with a similar setup suggest going with the 2 or 3 u500 to fill the gap?

I think it depends on your distances and where you plan to use it. I personally have a U500 3 iron on the way with the goal to use it off the deck and tee. I'd imagine the 2i is more for off the tee but everyone is different.

> @randy4 said:

> > @jjrussell12 said:

> > Finally got my U500 2i with tensei white 100. I am extremely happy with both the head and the shaft. I have been gaming a 718 TMB 2i with a recoil 110 F5, and the U500 looks far better at address. There is less offset and there is a subtle bevel on the top line that makes the head appear to look a lot more like a players club. I still need to adjust to the feel as it seems to have a higher pitched sound than the TMB does. With all that said, it certainly feels like the club has a lot higher MOI and is easier to hit despite the features I noted above. I’m guessing that has to do with the placement of the tungsten on the sole of the 718?

>

> I find it looks larger than the t-mb did, sound if very different. U500 sounds like a hybrid.

The U500 definitely sounds like a hybrid, yes. A bit odd, but performs well.

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM9 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

Ordered a U510 3i with the hzrdus smoke 6.5 a few weeks ago, but still haven't received it as there appears to be a back up somewhere at Titleist. Did anyone else have this issue?

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tensei 1K White 60TX

Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Mitsubishi Kaili White 70X

TRS2 21* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 80X

Titleist T100 - Project X 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM 9 48*/53*/58* - Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx

Taylormade Spider X

2023 ProV1X