2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

jjfcpa

> @mtnbiker5 said:

> How would they compare against the 0311 Gen 2's any idea?

Sorry, I can't comment. My fitting was specifically for the 0211 and I fell in love. Thankfully, I didn't even have to question whether I'd spend the PXG premium price for the Gen 2's. Honestly, those just weren't in my price range. There are plenty of deals on "hero" 0211's to be had. I'm sure the Gen 2's are great but these check all of the boxes that I am looking for at half (maybe more?) the price. I'm sure the TaylorMade P790 and PING G500 would fit the bill, as well. However, I wouldn't suffer all of the slings , arrows and vitriol from others... Where's the fun in that?

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @gbright10 said:

> > I have a set on gen 1 0311 irons. Would there be any reason to switch to the 0211s? Are they an upgrade or basically the same? For those that have used both models, which one has better sound/feel?

>

> Per PXG:

> PERFORMANCE COMPARISON

>

> PXG 0211 CAST IRONS VS. GEN1 0311 FORGED IRONS

> .

> BALL SPEED

> 0211 Irons are 1 to 1.5 mph faster

> DISTANCE

> 0211 Irons are 4 to 6 yards longer

> SPIN RATE

> 0211 Irons spin 300 to 400 rpms less

> LAUNCH ANGLE

> Both Irons are similar

> MAX HEIGHT

> Both Irons are similar

> DESCENT ANGLE

> Both Irons are similar

> DISPERSION

> 0211 Irons have 45 to 50% tighter dispersion

Thanks! Looks like the 0211 is an upgrade on the gen 1 0311. Does anyone have a comparison on the feel between the 2 models?

> @gbright10 said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > > @gbright10 said:

> > > I have a set on gen 1 0311 irons. Would there be any reason to switch to the 0211s? Are they an upgrade or basically the same? For those that have used both models, which one has better sound/feel?

> >

> > Per PXG:

> > PERFORMANCE COMPARISON

> >

> > PXG 0211 CAST IRONS VS. GEN1 0311 FORGED IRONS

> > .

> > BALL SPEED

> > 0211 Irons are 1 to 1.5 mph faster

> > DISTANCE

> > 0211 Irons are 4 to 6 yards longer

> > SPIN RATE

> > 0211 Irons spin 300 to 400 rpms less

> > LAUNCH ANGLE

> > Both Irons are similar

> > MAX HEIGHT

> > DESCENT ANGLE

> > DISPERSION

> > 0211 Irons have 45 to 50% tighter dispersion

>

> Thanks! Looks like the 0211 is an upgrade on the gen 1 0311. Does anyone have a comparison on the feel between the 2 models?

Search for 0211 on YouTube. There are two really good reviews dealing with that aspect.

Nice congrats. I've said all along,the only reason people who bitch and complain about the clubs/product are those who can't afford them. Everyone I know who bags PXG absolutely loves the product. I love the vision of this company and where they are going. My fitting is scheduled for next week and can't wait to see the results. Congrats again. Cheers.

Quick story, I took a vacation day from work and drive 1.5 hrs to do the free 30min fitting @ Club Champion ( actually 1.5hrs.) I went thru several shaft I was leaning on the Accra 95 which were great but seemed a little light. Which was strange because i play 95g Paderson shafts now. I found the heavier 120ish shaft works better for me. 0211 were 15-18 yards longer than my current Edel Sls with 6 iron. I was able to hit a natural draw and the fade was so easy and not lose much distance. Fast forward to the next day I went online to my shopping cart and the hero price has changed + $50 per club. So the excitement quickly went to disappointment. I gave them a call and my story and they called back the next day and honored the price. So G-4i, 4 driving iron & driver is on the way. Customers service is great.

• Like 1

> @jimmyt said:

> Quick story, I took a vacation day from work and drive 1.5 hrs to do the free 30min fitting @ Club Champion ( actually 1.5hrs.) I went thru several shaft I was leaning on the Accra 95 which were great but seemed a little light. Which was strange because i play 95g Paderson shafts now. I found the heavier 120ish shaft works better for me. 0211 were 15-18 yards longer than my current Edel Sls with 6 iron. I was able to hit a natural draw and the fade was so easy and not lose much distance. Fast forward to the next day I went online to my shopping cart and the hero price has changed + $50 per club. So the excitement quickly went to disappointment. I gave them a call and my story and they called back the next day and honored the price. So G-4i, 4 driving iron & driver is on the way. Customers service is great.

That is awesome, right there. Congratulations and good luck.

I’m thinking about picking up the Gen 1 0311X in a 4 driving iron. Is that what you went with?

I have 0211 with tt elevate tour s. 115g. I weighted the entire club against my jpx 919 HM with modus 105r, 103g, and the pxg was only 3g heavier overall. So the pxg head is lighter by around 12g.

• Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

> @Orlandogolfguru said:

> I have 0211 with tt elevate tour s. 115g. I weighted the entire club against my jpx 919 HM with modus 105r, 103g, and the pxg was only 3g heavier overall. So the pxg head is lighter by around 12g.

I also put 120 gm shafts in mine and added a weighted ferrule coming from the tt 95 elevate The heads are lighter...mine was about 10gm lighter in the 4 iron. The elevates were 102 gr, dg s200 around 118 gr. They really came alive with the extra weight. The gap wedge in this configuration is perfect, trying to get the others close to that swingweight.

> @jimmyt said:

> Quick story, I took a vacation day from work and drive 1.5 hrs to do the free 30min fitting @ Club Champion ( actually 1.5hrs.) I went thru several shaft I was leaning on the Accra 95 which were great but seemed a little light. Which was strange because i play 95g Paderson shafts now. I found the heavier 120ish shaft works better for me. 0211 were 15-18 yards longer than my current Edel Sls with 6 iron. I was able to hit a natural draw and the fade was so easy and not lose much distance. Fast forward to the next day I went online to my shopping cart and the hero price has changed + $50 per club. So the excitement quickly went to disappointment. I gave them a call and my story and they called back the next day and honored the price. So G-4i, 4 driving iron & driver is on the way. Customers service is great.

This won't dent the burned in opinion of the people who hate Bob Parsons and PXG. Mirrors what this country is like today

> @DblEgl said:

> Like the idea of Heros' pricing but cannot understand the yo-yo pricing of the 0211 irons. It is a bad look IMO.

Totally agree!

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

> @DblEgl said:

> Like the idea of Heros' pricing but cannot understand the yo-yo pricing of the 0211 irons. It is a bad look IMO.

> @jimmyt said:

> Imo the yo-yo pricing is a reaction to all the 2nd hand 0211 on Ebay. Heros using the discount to make a little money. Messing everything up for the bulk of the heros.

> @DblEgl said:

I think PXG needs to keep a more detailed database of Hero purchases so that they can limit the Hero pricing purchases to a maximum of one of any given item to each customer. Unfortunately there are quite a few people that are taking advantage of the program with no intention to play the equipment at all. Their intent is just to flip and make a profit. And several of these people have flipped multiple sets. At least a more detailed data base would keep the flow of multiple sets by the same person on the resale market a little lower.

Shoot, I would even be happier with PXG stamping the 0211's purchased under the Hero program with a "special" stamp, and leaving them at the lower price point rather than seeing all of the Yo-Yo pricing. .

This is exactly why I was so surprised to find my set at the price I did. Basically, my seller sold the set for cost and kept the free driver and $95 putter. I wish more people would do the same thing but I don’t begrudge anyone for making a profit, if something doesn’t work out. Blatantly buying multiple sets with the sole intent of flipping seems poor, however.

Yes, flipping these isn’t fair the the “Hero’s “ that the program was designed for. Now the prices are getting jacked because of it. Not cool in my opinion. I guess you can’t really stop it from happening, but the Hero’s that are doing this must be ok with it.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

> @1Mordrid1 said:

> > @DblEgl said:

> > Like the idea of Heros' pricing but cannot understand the yo-yo pricing of the 0211 irons. It is a bad look IMO.

>

> > @jimmyt said:

> > Imo the yo-yo pricing is a reaction to all the 2nd hand 0211 on Ebay. Heros using the discount to make a little money. Messing everything up for the bulk of the heros.

>

> > @DblEgl said:

> > Like the idea of Heros' pricing but cannot understand the yo-yo pricing of the 0211 irons. It is a bad look IMO.

>

> I think PXG needs to keep a more detailed database of Hero purchases so that they can limit the Hero pricing purchases to a maximum of one of any given item to each customer. Unfortunately there are quite a few people that are taking advantage of the program with no intention to play the equipment at all. Their intent is just to flip and make a profit. And several of these people have flipped multiple sets. At least a more detailed data base would keep the flow of multiple sets by the same person on the resale market a little lower.

>

> Shoot, I would even be happier with PXG stamping the 0211's purchased under the Hero program with a "special" stamp, and leaving them at the lower price point rather than seeing all of the Yo-Yo pricing. .

>

Thing about this is that the heroes program is open to eligible people + their immediate family. In reading this thread feels like the perception is that the group eligible for heroes purchases is a select few. However, because it's open to _veterans_ and not just active duty, plus all first responders, the math shows it's something like 20% of everyone. Open that up to immediate family to include parents, etc and you're probably looking at 40% of the population that could be buying these on the discount. Shouldn't be surprising at all that when the price drops low (and $105/club is really low) people buy a lot and a lot of them are flipped.

I do think it's a little funny how up in arms some people are about the reselling of these, but you don't hear the same outcry when people use their special status or connections to get access and buy Jordans or the Cameron T22 with no intention other than to flip at 40% (at least) profit to people that actually want to use them but don't have a real opportunity to buy at full retail price. Or those who buy the club cameron package to resell at 100% profit. This is a standard thing.

Re: pricing bouncing around, testing the market is a fairly standard practice for marketing, although I agree that doing it with a consumer product this quickly and at the numbers they have is a little surprising.

could probably start a new thread titled pxg hero pricing instead of hijacking this one. but i am sure pxg is smart enough to realize what exactly they are doing with the pricing. 20-40%, or whatever # is heros program, is most likely strategic. they know stuff will be flipped. the free driver and $95 putter promo was probably to get more drivers, putters, or even iron sets into the market without "really decreasing" their price. there is no devalue when people purchase it to keep the putter, driver, or irons and sell the rest. its like free marketing for them. that is why it didn't last too long, they did it until enough products hit ebay/forums. food for thought. and for the record i love my 0211s. :-)

• Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

Anyone try to pair up the 0211 with the 0311X driving irons (Gen 1 or 2)? I hit the 0211 so damn far, I don’t think I’ll even carry 14 clubs for a while! I like the thought of getting the 4 0311X Gen 1 but the 5 is nearly as long as my Cobra F7 hybrid. Maybe the 0311X would be the same distance as the F7 but fly lower and be a bit straighter off of the tee?

I have been playing the 0311 Gen 1s i bought through the HERO program last year. I don't have any real complaints about them. I was torn between getting the PXG at the HERO price and the new Mizuno hot metals. I thought both felt great and I don't think I could have made a wrong choice. The PXG's get a lot of looks around the course and everybody wants to hit one just to see what they feel like. I would probably buy from PXG again, just not at the full retail.

• Like 1

> @dmgiffen said:

> After hitting the 0211s so well, I went ahead and ordered the 0311X Gen 1 4i. I would've bought the 3i too, but they were out of the chrome finish. My plan is to wait for the Gen 2 price drop and then pick up a chrome 3 iron.

Let me now what you think when it gets in. I'm really curious what the gapping looks like.

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @gbright10 said:

> > I have a set on gen 1 0311 irons. Would there be any reason to switch to the 0211s? Are they an upgrade or basically the same? For those that have used both models, which one has better sound/feel?

>

> Per PXG:

> PERFORMANCE COMPARISON

>

> PXG 0211 CAST IRONS VS. GEN1 0311 FORGED IRONS

> .

> BALL SPEED

> 0211 Irons are 1 to 1.5 mph faster

> DISTANCE

> 0211 Irons are 4 to 6 yards longer

> SPIN RATE

> 0211 Irons spin 300 to 400 rpms less

> LAUNCH ANGLE

> Both Irons are similar

> MAX HEIGHT

> Both Irons are similar

> DESCENT ANGLE

> Both Irons are similar

> DISPERSION

> 0211 Irons have 45 to 50% tighter dispersion

haha dispersion isnt 40-50% tighter than gen1

> @dxdgenert said:

> Anyone try to pair up the 0211 with the 0311X driving irons (Gen 1 or 2)? I hit the 0211 so **** far, I don’t think I’ll even carry 14 clubs for a while! I like the thought of getting the 4 0311X Gen 1 but the 5 is nearly as long as my Cobra F7 hybrid. Maybe the 0311X would be the same distance as the F7 but fly lower and be a bit straighter off of the tee?

I added a Gen 1 4 in the 0311X to compare against the set 4 iron. Found it to be a launcher and put it in the bag. Long and forgiving. And cheaper than the 0211 4 iron too!

Can post pics of the heads side by side later if there's interest

• Like 1

> @1Mordrid1 said:

> > @DblEgl said:

>

> > @jimmyt said:

> > Imo the yo-yo pricing is a reaction to all the 2nd hand 0211 on Ebay. Heros using the discount to make a little money. Messing everything up for the bulk of the heros.

>

> > @DblEgl said:

>

> I think PXG needs to keep a more detailed database of Hero purchases so that they can limit the Hero pricing purchases to a maximum of one of any given item to each customer. Unfortunately there are quite a few people that are taking advantage of the program with no intention to play the equipment at all. Their intent is just to flip and make a profit. And several of these people have flipped multiple sets. At least a more detailed data base would keep the flow of multiple sets by the same person on the resale market a little lower.

>

> Shoot, I would even be happier with PXG stamping the 0211's purchased under the Hero program with a "special" stamp, and leaving them at the lower price point rather than seeing all of the Yo-Yo pricing. .

>

true when I asked them months ago when they started doing the buy a club get a gen1 putter for $95 I asked rep if there was any limit they said no limit thats crazy.

> @K13 said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > Anyone try to pair up the 0211 with the 0311X driving irons (Gen 1 or 2)? I hit the 0211 so **** far, I don’t think I’ll even carry 14 clubs for a while! I like the thought of getting the 4 0311X Gen 1 but the 5 is nearly as long as my Cobra F7 hybrid. Maybe the 0311X would be the same distance as the F7 but fly lower and be a bit straighter off of the tee?

>

> I added a Gen 1 4 in the 0311X to compare against the set 4 iron. Found it to be a launcher and put it in the bag. Long and forgiving. And cheaper than the 0211 4 iron too!

>

> Can post pics of the heads side by side later if there's interest

I am absolutely interested!

> @ssfranny said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > > @gbright10 said:

> > > I have a set on gen 1 0311 irons. Would there be any reason to switch to the 0211s? Are they an upgrade or basically the same? For those that have used both models, which one has better sound/feel?

> >

> > Per PXG:

> > PERFORMANCE COMPARISON

> >

> > PXG 0211 CAST IRONS VS. GEN1 0311 FORGED IRONS

> > .

> > BALL SPEED

> > 0211 Irons are 1 to 1.5 mph faster

> > DISTANCE

> > 0211 Irons are 4 to 6 yards longer

> > SPIN RATE

> > 0211 Irons spin 300 to 400 rpms less

> > LAUNCH ANGLE

> > MAX HEIGHT

> > DESCENT ANGLE

> > DISPERSION

> > 0211 Irons have 45 to 50% tighter dispersion

>

> haha dispersion isnt 40-50% tighter than Gen 1

If they said it, I must be true.

;)

I can say that the dispersion, for me, was indeed 40-50% better than the Wilson Staff FG Tour V4. In all fairness, those clubs are 3-4 years apart and in a complete different category. I would give the Wilson’s the nod in terms of feedback and feel, however.

The lack of feedback is probably my one knock on the 0211’s, thus far. Everything feels really good. I can tell if I really toe one but, otherwise, everything is fairly muted. It’s not bad, just much different than what is typical in the player's iron category. To me, that’s what makes this club so unique and one that more people should, at least, try: it is uber-forgiving, long but in a player-esque looking package.

I’ll know I’m being a “fan boy” but these irons have blown me away and I wasn’t expecting nor, honestly, did I want them to. If you can get the Hero pricing, I highly recommend giving them a try. If not, I’d be reluctant unless I hit them demonstrably better than the Hot Metal Pro, P790, G700, etc.

> @dxdgenert said:

> Anyone try to pair up the 0211 with the 0311X driving irons (Gen 1 or 2)? I hit the 0211 so **** far, I don’t think I’ll even carry 14 clubs for a while! I like the thought of getting the 4 0311X Gen 1 but the 5 is nearly as long as my Cobra F7 hybrid. Maybe the 0311X would be the same distance as the F7 but fly lower and be a bit straighter off of the tee?

Comparison of 0211 4i vs Gen 1 0311X 4i

Blade length: 0211 = 0311X

Sole width: 0311X >>> 0211

Blade height: 0211 >>> 0311X

lipajrklxc9j.jpeg

h41cys01wi48.jpeg

rulznf7jbad8.jpeg

> @K13 said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > Anyone try to pair up the 0211 with the 0311X driving irons (Gen 1 or 2)? I hit the 0211 so **** far, I don’t think I’ll even carry 14 clubs for a while! I like the thought of getting the 4 0311X Gen 1 but the 5 is nearly as long as my Cobra F7 hybrid. Maybe the 0311X would be the same distance as the F7 but fly lower and be a bit straighter off of the tee?

>

> Comparison of 0211 4i vs Gen 1 0311X 4i

> Blade length: 0211 = 0311X

> Sole width: 0311X >>> 0211

> Blade height: 0211 >>> 0311X

>

> lipajrklxc9j.jpeg

> h41cys01wi48.jpeg

> rulznf7jbad8.jpeg

>

>

What is the feel comparison? Ball flights?

Thanks, again. For $95, it seems like a no brainer, for me. I've spent a hundred on much dumber things than this...