Hello WRX'ers,

I'm not one to post any negativity, especially a complaint on a message board. However the experience I had with GolfNow must be shared with you all. I want you all to be aware of how SHADY GolfNow is. I took a 10-year hiatus from golf and decided to book my first round back, my Birthday round, on GolfNow. On 9/3 I booked a 4-some "Hot Tee" time for this Sunday 9/8. However due to an unfortunate circumstance (dad getting sick) I cancelled the reservation online yesterday. This morning I received an email from GolfNow stating "Hot Deals and transaction fees can only be refunded if the course is closed", so I called customer service to explain my situation and asked if I can get credit in lieu of a refund, because eventually we were still planning on playing a round, just not this Sunday. The customer service rep states that "Hot Deals" were non-refundable. OK, no biggie, I'll just take my reservation that I had already paid for. Now this is when things get ***REALLY SHADY***. The rep then proceeds to tell me that my cancelled reservation was removed from their "Tee Sheet" and that she wouldn't be able to give me back my original reservation that I had ***ALREADY PAID*** for. And that if I wanted that same tee time I could go back on their site, rebook it and pay for it again...

***WHAT? GO BACK ON YOUR SITE, REBOOK & REPAY??? FOR THE SAME TEE TIME?? BUT YOU WONT GIVE ME BACK MY ORIGINAL RESERVATION?? HOW DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE???***

As you can tell, I'm pretty pissed off. What kind of logic is this??! This is by far the **WORST** customer service I've ever experienced!!

Then as a consolation she offers to send me a few "promo codes" to play on future rounds...

***M-THURS after Noon. Only valid on Hot Deals.***

Are you kidding me??! Never booking through them again!!

I don’t like them either. I received a gift card from them and i can’t use the card on tee times, just the fee’s they charge. The only tee times is pays for us hot deals so it really has no use to me

TSR3 9 | VentusTR Blue 7x

Paradym 3W | S 83tx

Covert 5W | S 103 x

716 MB 4-P | PX 6.5

MG3 52 | S400

MG4 56 | S400

SM8 60 |S400

Phantom 5.5 

Z-star XV

this my friends is why you read the fine print when getting a 'hot deal' tee time.

further, i know you're upset - but 'i'm not one to post about negativity' ? you created the name today, a minute before your first post - with the screen name 'golfnowistheworst'...

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

"further, i know you're upset - but 'i'm not one to post about negativity' ? you created the name today, a minute before your first post - with the screen name 'golfnowistheworst'..."

Yes I know, I'm typically a lurker. But I was so infuriated to the extent I needed to warn my fellow WRXers...Please allow me this once

When you book a Hot Deal, it is very clear right on the page that it is non-refundable. You then cancelled. This is all done through an automated system. Once you cancel, that's it. I think as a matter of good customer service they should have given you a credit for future Hot Deals, but I don't see the shady behavior here.

That's the risk trade-off on GolfNow hot deal bookings. On one hand, you get a great price. On the other, if you have to cancel or one of your group no-shows, you're out the money.

Agreed that tee GolfNow (and Teetime) customer service is bad. It will eventually cost them. Try challenging the charge with your credit card company. That worked for me. Depends on how the customer service is with your credit card company.

Even weather-related cancellations can get contentious.

They're pretty clear in the fine print about no refunds - unless you are a VIP member. Call them back and ask them to make you one for the $220 you spent - that's about what it costs anyway. They'll probably say no, but it can't hurt to ask.

Would think if it's your first booking with them they'd be a little more lenient than a promo code, but their customer service has skyrocketed downhill the last few years, and it wasn't great to start with.

> @DrOldSchool said:

> They're pretty clear in the fine print about no refunds - unless you are a VIP member. Call them back and ask them to make you one for the $220 you spent - that's about what it costs anyway. They'll probably say no, but it can't hurt to ask.

>

> Would think if it's your first booking with them they'd be a little more lenient than a promo code, but their customer service has skyrocketed downhill the last few years, and it wasn't great to start with.

I didn’t know it was possible to skyrocket downhill ;)

To the OP, I know it sucks in this day in age where Amazon will take any return, but Keep in mind that hot deals are GolfNow’s primary source of revenue and being ultimately owned by Comcast should be an indication as to why they are primarily focused on revenue. Reading the fine print is the big lesson here but I would recommend accepting the promo code because even with the restrictions it is not a complete loss.

One thing to note is their biggest competitor TeeOff (formerly EZLinks) allows for refundable cancelations less a $2 fee.

> @airjammer said:

> Can you call your credit card company to dispute the charges?

I know hot deals are non-refundable. That being said, one time I had a legitimate, serious emergency, and I couldn't make the tee time.

Disputed the charge with Amex. Full refund.

But I'm religious about making sure everyone can make a hot deal tee time. They are no joke about the non-refundable part, lol.

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Rogue Elite 859 65R

Adams Idea Pro 20° VS Proto
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW XP115
Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

> @"Hack Daddy" said:

> > @airjammer said:

> > Can you call your credit card company to dispute the charges?

>

> I know hot deals are non-refundable. That being said, one time I had a legitimate, serious emergency, and I couldn't make the tee time.

>

> Disputed the charge with Amex. Full refund.

>

> But I'm religious about making sure everyone can make a hot deal tee time. They are no joke about the non-refundable part, lol.

Exactly...in this case since they won’t reinstate his original tee time they didn’t provide anything for the money he paid. If the website allows you to cancel a hot deal tee time imo all he should be out is a booking fee. Ideally golfnow shouldn’t make hot deals cancelable at all. They should say “only cancelable by the course”.

> @Poser said:

> They've changed their rules so many times as well. They now give you "free Rounds" that you can only use during the full moon 3pm-310pm Monday - Thursday on leap years. I never do hotdeals anymore just for this reason and the rewards program is a joke and pointless. I rarley use it anymore

Works okay for me and I'm non vip member. My buddy and I took a half-day off work and played using our promos. What's great now, is they allow you to stack them. We played a $90 green fee course... FREE.

Golf now sucks if you don't want to understand the stipulations. It's great if you can navigate the minefield.

I will say, though, they will run into one problem that's unsolvable- more and more, courses are making hot deals at 12:01, 12:03, etc. So the options to use promo codes is dwindling. when that becomes standard practice, I foresee I sharp decline in people using golf now.

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

Gave up on GolfNow years ago. Great when started, as more competitors arose and since NBC bought GolfChannel, went further downhill than thought was possible.

Hot Deals are a unique one, if in terms & conditions, you might just be stuck.

Best feedback is with you wallet, just don't use them anymore...worked for me.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

GolfNow was a great resource for tee times years ago but over the past 4 or 5 years or so they've become almost obsolete. As others have mentioned, competition from other sites and courses pretty much dropping GolfNow has added to their demise.

I talked with an owner of a course a few years ago about GolfNow and he told me his course and others in the area have gotten rid of GolfNow because they were essentially the middle man between the golfer and the course. He said to me, why should he pay GolfNow a fee for discounted tee times when he can offer those same times and prices himself on their web site.

He said more than once he ran into issues where a 4 some had come into the clubhouse to pay for their round, they booked through GolfNow so they got a discounted tee time. Then while all 4 guys were paying there was another 4 some behind them ready to pay for their round. The 2nd group booked through the course and had to pay full price - when it was their turn to pay they started asking why did that group pay less than us. He then had to explain to them GolfNow etc. etc. and essentially came to the conclusion it was more of a headache than it was worth.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

> @diablocrusher said:

> GolfNow was a great resource for tee times years ago but over the past 4 or 5 years or so they've become almost obsolete. As others have mentioned, competition from other sites and courses pretty much dropping GolfNow has added to their demise.

> I talked with an owner of a course a few years ago about GolfNow and he told me his course and others in the area have gotten rid of GolfNow because they were essentially the middle man between the golfer and the course. He said to me, why should he pay GolfNow a fee for discounted tee times when he can offer those same times and prices himself on their web site.

> He said more than once he ran into issues where a 4 some had come into the clubhouse to pay for their round, they booked through GolfNow so they got a discounted tee time. Then while all 4 guys were paying there was another 4 some behind them ready to pay for their round. The 2nd group booked through the course and had to pay full price - when it was their turn to pay they started asking why did that group pay less than us. He then had to explain to them GolfNow etc. etc. and essentially came to the conclusion it was more of a headache than it was worth.

But most courses DON'T offer the same rate as GN. That's the issue. The guy you talked to is the exception, not the rule. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten, "Well, book through GN, then.", when attempting to book through the course...

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

> @"Hack Daddy" said:

> > @diablocrusher said:

> > GolfNow was a great resource for tee times years ago but over the past 4 or 5 years or so they've become almost obsolete. As others have mentioned, competition from other sites and courses pretty much dropping GolfNow has added to their demise.

> > I talked with an owner of a course a few years ago about GolfNow and he told me his course and others in the area have gotten rid of GolfNow because they were essentially the middle man between the golfer and the course. He said to me, why should he pay GolfNow a fee for discounted tee times when he can offer those same times and prices himself on their web site.

> > He said more than once he ran into issues where a 4 some had come into the clubhouse to pay for their round, they booked through GolfNow so they got a discounted tee time. Then while all 4 guys were paying there was another 4 some behind them ready to pay for their round. The 2nd group booked through the course and had to pay full price - when it was their turn to pay they started asking why did that group pay less than us. He then had to explain to them GolfNow etc. etc. and essentially came to the conclusion it was more of a headache than it was worth.

>

> But most courses DON'T offer the same rate as GN. That's the issue. The guy you talked to is the exception, not the rule. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten, "Well, book through GN, then.", when attempting to book through the course...

Yes, I would agree with you there - most courses do not offer the same times and prices GolfNow does.

I've never done this myself but I've heard of plenty of others who saw a tee time on GolfNow then called the course to ask if they would honer the same time and price. More often than not, the course will say yes because then they don't have to pay GolfNow their fee. If they are going to lose money on tee times during slow periods of the day then why not take the loss yourself while not having to give GolfNow their cut.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

> @diablocrusher said:

> > @"Hack Daddy" said:

> > > @diablocrusher said:

> > > GolfNow was a great resource for tee times years ago but over the past 4 or 5 years or so they've become almost obsolete. As others have mentioned, competition from other sites and courses pretty much dropping GolfNow has added to their demise.

> > > I talked with an owner of a course a few years ago about GolfNow and he told me his course and others in the area have gotten rid of GolfNow because they were essentially the middle man between the golfer and the course. He said to me, why should he pay GolfNow a fee for discounted tee times when he can offer those same times and prices himself on their web site.

> > > He said more than once he ran into issues where a 4 some had come into the clubhouse to pay for their round, they booked through GolfNow so they got a discounted tee time. Then while all 4 guys were paying there was another 4 some behind them ready to pay for their round. The 2nd group booked through the course and had to pay full price - when it was their turn to pay they started asking why did that group pay less than us. He then had to explain to them GolfNow etc. etc. and essentially came to the conclusion it was more of a headache than it was worth.

> >

> > But most courses DON'T offer the same rate as GN. That's the issue. The guy you talked to is the exception, not the rule. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten, "Well, book through GN, then.", when attempting to book through the course...

>

> Yes, I would agree with you there - most courses do not offer the same times and prices GolfNow does.

> I've never done this myself but I've heard of plenty of others who saw a tee time on GolfNow then called the course to ask if they would honer the same time and price. More often than not, the course will say yes because then they don't have to pay GolfNow their fee. If they are going to lose money on tee times during slow periods of the day then why not take the loss yourself while not having to give GolfNow their cut.

GN doesn't make a cut on a hot deal - they get the whole thing. The course has to offer so many hot deals to GN per month. Option two would be to pay a monthly fee. So, a single hot deal tee time honored by a course would be of no benefit to the course. No if it were a NON hot deal, that's a different story. But I'm only playing hot deals, so ymmv.

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

> @diablocrusher said:

> GolfNow was a great resource for tee times years ago but over the past 4 or 5 years or so they've become almost obsolete. As others have mentioned, competition from other sites and courses pretty much dropping GolfNow has added to their demise.

> I talked with an owner of a course a few years ago about GolfNow and he told me his course and others in the area have gotten rid of GolfNow because they were essentially the middle man between the golfer and the course. He said to me, why should he pay GolfNow a fee for discounted tee times when he can offer those same times and prices himself on their web site.

> He said more than once he ran into issues where a 4 some had come into the clubhouse to pay for their round, they booked through GolfNow so they got a discounted tee time. Then while all 4 guys were paying there was another 4 some behind them ready to pay for their round. The 2nd group booked through the course and had to pay full price - when it was their turn to pay they started asking why did that group pay less than us. He then had to explain to them GolfNow etc. etc. and essentially came to the conclusion it was more of a headache than it was worth.

Dynamic pricing for you. It absolutely is a headache. I hate to use the word victim but I have been in the place of the guys in the second foursome. I found a golfnow price and took that to mean the tee sheet was open so I went on down to the course only to pay full rack rate.

I think you are better off to just charge what you need to charge to cover a round of golf and don't offer any discounts, provided you are doing ok financially. If you are struggling I suppose any revenue is better than none.

> @gioguy21 said:

> this my friends is why you read the fine print when getting a 'hot deal' tee time.

>

> further, i know you're upset - **but 'i'm not one to post about negativity' ? you created the name today, a minute before your first post - with the screen name 'golfnowistheworst'...**

>

>

Beat me to it

Driver - Taylormade M2 2017 9.75*

3W - Cobra RadSpeed Draw 14.5*

5W - Callaway Epic Flash 18*

7W - Taylormade M4 5HL 21*

5H - Callaway Rogue 24*

Irons - Taylormade P790 6-PW

Wedges - TM Milled Grind 50* & 54* | Hi-Toe 60*

Putter - Nike Method Converge B1-01

Grips - MCC clone| Ball - TP5

GolfNow used to be so much better but they have been buying out the competition and forcing exclusivity contracts on some courses. I spoke with one pro shop that refuses to do business with them because of this. A few years ago, I booked a hot deal at a local course and the course booked the tee time to another foursome. We showed up and the pro shop told us the time was already booked. I called GolfNow and they booked us another time that was 40 minutes later, which wasn’t a big deal. While we were playing, they sent me an email with a voucher for a free foursome any course anytime they had a listed tee time. We actually played a round at a course that was three times the cost of the round that I originally booked. That was unexpected and very good customer service. Unfortunately, now their customer service is horrible. I’ve found that you can book tee times at the same courses for the same price as GolfNow and you can usually can cancel up to 24 hours prior with no penalty or fee. I’ve even cancelled the day of and got full credit towards a different tee time.