2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

(UPDATED) ANNOUNCEMENT: New Forum Software and what to expect. Old layout will be back soon.

Less sycophantism would be good.

What's wrong with being critical, but polite? I know the staff takes a beating over the transition because it sucks bad, but I've seen very few posts where people have been downright nasty.

The whole "you're free to leave" narrative is tired.

I don't come here as often either or for as long either. Just not a fan of the new software (it's clunky and cumbersome) and the general "deal with it or leave attitude"

Reminds me of way old BSG, except far fewer bannings.

• Like 2

> @oregongolf said:

> Less sycophantism would be good.

>

> What's wrong with being critical, but polite? I know the staff takes a beating over the transition because it sucks bad, but I've seen very few posts where people have been downright nasty.

>

> The whole "you're free to leave" narrative is tired.

>

> I don't come here as often either or for as long either. Just not a fan of the new software (it's clunky and cumbersome) and the general "deal with it or leave attitude"

>

> Reminds me of way old BSG, except far fewer bannings.

love u

• Like 1

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

> @"Gamble Gamble" said:

> I disagree. There are a few main things that are missing that previously made the experience better. Without those items the site loses significant value.

>

> 1. Feedback for BST - its difficult to remember the good eggs from the bad without a score next to their names

> 2. Ease of reading - the contrast of colors and previous method of formatting from the previous version of this site made reading through topics much easier

> 3. The old like system - seeing how many people liked a single post in the right hand corner lets someone "catch up" on a topic without having to read through 600 posts of nonsense to get to the good contributions

>

> I think my use of this site is down more than 80% if you average my previous 7 years. Part of that could be my boredom with reading the some version of the same questions we see year by year (ex. "im a 19 handicap, should i play blades?") but most of it is because the user interface is not what it once was.

>

RE #2

Is it wrong to prefer the white background? I think I've brought this up before but for us working schleps in the old cube farm who are spending significant parts of our day just trying to stay sane till quitting time the white background is nice in case the boss walks up on you. Looks like any other computer program. I guess my preference is don't have a giant golf ball or flagstick in the background somewhere that screams, "Smash is spending time on a golf forum not working."

Maybe an option to use an "in cognito" type skin would be good.

> @"Gamble Gamble" said:

> > @legitimategolf said:

> > It's been such a long time, most people don't even remember what the "old look" looked like anyways. Might as well move on IMO.

>

> I disagree. There are a few main things that are missing that previously made the experience better. Without those items the site loses significant value.

>

> 1. Feedback for BST - its difficult to remember the good eggs from the bad without a score next to their names

> 2. Ease of reading - the contrast of colors and previous method of formatting from the previous version of this site made reading through topics much easier

> 3. The old like system - seeing how many people liked a single post in the right hand corner lets someone "catch up" on a topic without having to read through 600 posts of nonsense to get to the good contributions

>

> I think my use of this site is down more than 80% if you average my previous 7 years. Part of that could be my boredom with reading the some version of the same questions we see year by year (ex. "im a 19 handicap, should i play blades?") but most of it is because the user interface is not what it once was.

>

I agree with this post, for what it's worth. Number 1 is a really big issue for me. Number 2 is a minor issue for me. I visit a lot less often now. And as much as I want to visit, it pains me when I'm here.

> @"Gamble Gamble" said:

> > @legitimategolf said:

> > It's been such a long time, most people don't even remember what the "old look" looked like anyways. Might as well move on IMO.

>

>

>

>

1. They've said MANY times the feedback will be back. Certainly it's taking longer than they expected but it is programming that has to be integrated with the board software. See @SNIPERBBB last post. I've not sure I've EVER seen a "major" update come in on time (OR on budget).

2. Black writing on a white background is "normal". The OLD board was black on white (see below). Other colored backgrounds with othered colored writing is, IMO, considerably harder to read. Some boards had a theme with a black background with white writing. Horrible IMO and I'd switch back almost immediately.

3. The number of likes on a post shows now. Hover your mouse over the "Like" at the bottom of a post and you will see WHO liked it.

vbzkwu1jdcqk.png

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @"Gamble Gamble" said:

> > > @legitimategolf said:

> > > It's been such a long time, most people don't even remember what the "old look" looked like anyways. Might as well move on IMO.

> >

> > I disagree. There are a few main things that are missing that previously made the experience better. Without those items the site loses significant value.

> >

> > 1. Feedback for BST - its difficult to remember the good eggs from the bad without a score next to their names

> > 2. Ease of reading - the contrast of colors and previous method of formatting from the previous version of this site made reading through topics much easier

> > 3. The old like system - seeing how many people liked a single post in the right hand corner lets someone "catch up" on a topic without having to read through 600 posts of nonsense to get to the good contributions

> >

> > I think my use of this site is down more than 80% if you average my previous 7 years. Part of that could be my boredom with reading the some version of the same questions we see year by year (ex. "im a 19 handicap, should i play blades?") but most of it is because the user interface is not what it once was.

> >

>

> 1. They've said MANY times the feedback will be back. Certainly it's taking longer than they expected but it is programming that has to be integrated with the board software. See @SNIPERBBB last post. I've not sure I've EVER seen a "major" update come in on time (OR on budget).

>

> 2. Black writing on a white background is "normal". The OLD board was black on white (see below). Other colored backgrounds with othered colored writing is, IMO, considerably harder to read. Some boards had a theme with a black background with white writing. Horrible IMO and I'd switch back almost immediately.

>

> 3. The number of likes on a post shows now. Hover your mouse over the "Like" at the bottom of a post and you will see WHO liked it.

>

> vbzkwu1jdcqk.png

>

Oh a screen shot of the old site... I miss seeing that. Thanks for a trip down memory lane :smile:

> @Bluefan75 said:

> So another thing I have noticed is that I had started to reply to a post in a thread, and then decided against it. So I deleted the text and moved on. But every time I read the thread, what I had typed is there. If I've deleted it, shouldn't it be gone?

You'd think so, but it seems to forever save drafts, even after opening and closing the browser. You have to track it down under "My Drafts" (upper right under the blue "New Discussion" button, at least on the screen I'm looking at right now) and manually delete it from there.

• Like 2

I saw the same thing yesterday around this time. But only for a short time and then back to "normal."

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

> @Bluefan75 said:

> So another thing I have noticed is that I had started to reply to a post in a thread, and then decided against it. So I deleted the text and moved on. But every time I read the thread, what I had typed is there. If I've deleted it, shouldn't it be gone?

Yes, that is a "feature" of Vanilla Forums software. I don't know if it is configurable to be able to turn auto-save of drafts off, but it needs to be. Other Vanilla Forums I use do this as well and it seems to universally drive people nuts.

• Like 1

> @Bluefan75 said:

> > @ThinkingPlus said:

> > > @Bluefan75 said:

> > > There is no longer a reply button to reply directly to a post?

> >

> > Use "Quote".

> OK. Quote was always to multi-quote, hence the confusion. Easy enough. Thanks.

>

Ahh, bring back multi-quote. Big fan of being able to put the quotes in order and reply to each individually after reading the whole thread. With the current set up I find myself quoting, replying, going back to where I left off, reading further and then seeing where someone already said nearly the same thing I typed in reply - I delete my post in that case. Small but irritating thing.

• Like 1

> @"Greg B." said:

> > @Bluefan75 said:

> > So another thing I have noticed is that I had started to reply to a post in a thread, and then decided against it. So I deleted the text and moved on. But every time I read the thread, what I had typed is there. If I've deleted it, shouldn't it be gone?

>

> Yes, that is a "feature" of Vanilla Forums software. I don't know if it is configurable to be able to turn auto-save of drafts off, but it needs to be. Other Vanilla Forums I use do this as well and it seems to universally drive people nuts.

Can you change the color of your responses in your other vanilla forums? Colors and fonts, if so that sure would be a nice feature to have.

> @nsxguy said:

> > @"Gamble Gamble" said:

> > > @legitimategolf said:

> > > It's been such a long time, most people don't even remember what the "old look" looked like anyways. Might as well move on IMO.

> >

> > I disagree. There are a few main things that are missing that previously made the experience better. Without those items the site loses significant value.

> >

> > 1. Feedback for BST - its difficult to remember the good eggs from the bad without a score next to their names

> > 2. Ease of reading - the contrast of colors and previous method of formatting from the previous version of this site made reading through topics much easier

> > 3. The old like system - seeing how many people liked a single post in the right hand corner lets someone "catch up" on a topic without having to read through 600 posts of nonsense to get to the good contributions

> >

> > I think my use of this site is down more than 80% if you average my previous 7 years. Part of that could be my boredom with reading the some version of the same questions we see year by year (ex. "im a 19 handicap, should i play blades?") but most of it is because the user interface is not what it once was.

> >

>

> 1. They've said MANY times the feedback will be back. Certainly it's taking longer than they expected but it is programming that has to be integrated with the board software. See @SNIPERBBB last post. I've not sure I've EVER seen a "major" update come in on time (OR on budget).

Ok that seems fine but until that gets fixed bst users rely on having less info

>

> 2. Black writing on a white background is "normal". The OLD board was black on white (see below). Other colored backgrounds with othered colored writing is, IMO, considerably harder to read. Some boards had a theme with a black background with white writing. Horrible IMO and I'd switch back almost immediately.

The old version was easier to read and distinguish who the author was from just glancing at the much larger avatar than what now exists.

>

> 3. The number of likes on a post shows now. Hover your mouse over the "Like" at the bottom of a post and you will see WHO liked it.

>

> vbzkwu1jdcqk.png

>

Having the likes in the right corner alone helped make the visual easier. This color scheme and user stat organization just doesn’t “pop” enough imo

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

> @JAMH03 said:

> > @"Greg B." said:

> > > @Bluefan75 said:

> > > So another thing I have noticed is that I had started to reply to a post in a thread, and then decided against it. So I deleted the text and moved on. But every time I read the thread, what I had typed is there. If I've deleted it, shouldn't it be gone?

> >

> > Yes, that is a "feature" of Vanilla Forums software. I don't know if it is configurable to be able to turn auto-save of drafts off, but it needs to be. Other Vanilla Forums I use do this as well and it seems to universally drive people nuts.

>

> Can you change the color of your responses in your other vanilla forums? Colors and fonts, if so that sure would be a nice feature to have.

Not on the ones I've used, they are all locked down. I do know that there are a great many different "themes" available from those who develop add-ons for Vanilla software that offer different screen looks and colors, but again, I don't know if users have the ability to change colors individually. I have not seen that myself. The screen presentation of the Vanilla forums I've used has never been its strong suit. One is almost Playskool/Fisher Price in its elemental look, while others are more like this, overly bright, small type, and hard on the eyes. I have seen some themes on offer (search for Vanilla Forums themes and click on the first result) that apparently provide a look that is more balanced and easier to live with, but I don't know the downsides to them, if any.

I know it is no. 467 on the list of things to fix, but the ignore feature continues to suck. A slight grey filter over a post does not a ignore feature make.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

> @davo32683 said:

> Haven't read through these 40 pages, but when are we getting feedback functional again?

Last few sales I did I've asked people to leave comments on my profile page.

Its what I'm encouraging everyone to do in light of feedback not being around the corner.

• Like 1

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I truly miss my 400+ feedbacks :disappointed:

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10* AD-DI 6s
Ping G430 15* Max AD-DI 7s

Ping G430 19* Hybrid AD-DI85s
Srixon MKii Utility 4 22* AD-DI85s

Srixon ZX5 5-6, ZX7 7-PW Modus 120s

Ping Glide 4.0 50* , PXG SD II 54 and 58 BP Grind DG Tour Issue Spinners

SWAG The Boss 35in 
Vessel Lite Ghosted Camo

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @davo32683 said:

> > Haven't read through these 40 pages, but when are we getting feedback functional again?

>

> Last few sales I did I've asked people to leave comments on my profile page.

>

> Its what I'm encouraging everyone to do in light of feedback not being around the corner.

>

I've been doing that as well, but just frustrated that it was supposed to be coming back months ago per several updates...yet here we are...

• Like 1

Nothing is safe in my bag!

New "old" site coming back in (insert "next month", on the 1st of each new month)….

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

> @davo32683 said:

> > @dcmidnight said:

> > > @davo32683 said:

> > > Haven't read through these 40 pages, but when are we getting feedback functional again?

> >

> > Last few sales I did I've asked people to leave comments on my profile page.

> >

> > Its what I'm encouraging everyone to do in light of feedback not being around the corner.

> >

>

> I've been doing that as well, but just frustrated that it was supposed to be coming back months ago per several updates...yet here we are...

Well the same people can keep coming here and passive aggresively complaining about it every few weeks.

Or just use a workaround in the meantime.

• Like 1

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash