Graphite Design's new Tour AD M9003 driver shafts

GolfWRX

First range season and impressions with the 7x.
1st you need a "real" 115 mph club head speed and a late release .
Mines in a R15 430 measured loft 11* and 2.75* open face set on 1 notch high (to shut the face a little) not sure the exact *
High long ball flight with little spin. Hope to get on my clubs track man to get true numbers. Over all fell is stout but in a good way with just enough feel. Way tighter than the addi 7x and a more penetrating flight. My miss has been a pull hook and out of 50 hits not one did this. Lazy swing will produce a slice and that's why I would only recommend this shaft for true high swing athletic players.

Still haven't given this shaft a shot. May shaft it up tomorrow. According to the cool clubs app it's almost identical to Rogue 70 125MSI with a slightly softer butt.
I'll give my review on Monday or so.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

[quote name='ForTourUseOnly' timestamp='1443044212' post='12358396']
Still haven't given this shaft a shot. May shaft it up tomorrow. According to the cool clubs app it's almost identical to Rogue 70 125MSI with a slightly softer butt.
I'll give my review on Monday or so.
[/quote]

I could see the comparison there for a 125 70 [b]TX[/b]. Not sure I agree with it having a softer butt section. If it does it is negligible in feel.

Above accurate from reddevil is accurate. Very tight and stout but decent feel still. I also saw a higher flight with very low spin. Not as penetrating as I'd expect but I think that is mostly because the shaft doesn't really lag at all. It keeps up so impact loft is up.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

So shafted this up and had a quick trackman session with it.

Since the cool clubs app shows the profile is almost identical to the Rogue 125 70Tx I decided to tip it the same as I did with Rogue 1"

First impression was it felt stiffer in the mid and tip than Rogue. More like HZRDUS but a slightly smoother feel. It did come out a couple CPM softer than both rogue and HZRDUS.

Numbers wise. I didn't hit many balls and they weren't side by side with the other 2 shafts (I'll do that this Monday outside on trackman). Flight was about 10ft lower than HZRDUS with 100rpm less spin. Carry was 2-3 yards shorter as was total yardage. Although my swing speed was down about 1.2MPH. I'll have to test side by side to see if that was not being fully warmed up or if that's the extra 5g of shaft weight.

Overall quite stout feeling shaft for a graphite design but still a little smoother feeling than other shafts in this category. Spin is quite low and peak height came down a touch.

Better review of all three shafts next week.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

• 2 years later...

Bumping an old thread. Anyone else out there playing this shaft? I have a 6x now and love it. Just wondering if there is anymore love out there for this shaft?

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

• 2 weeks later...

Yup! Currently game a 6x also in my driver and love it!!!

Bumping an old thread. Anyone else out there playing this shaft? I have a 6x now and love it. Just wondering if there is anymore love out there for this shaft?

You guys have any opinion on feel, flight, and what driver heads you think might work with it? I've been eyeing this one recently. Any comparison to the original Diamana Whiteboard?

Thanks!

Ping G400 LST 10* w/Matrix Reign Black G70T-X
PXG 0311-X Gen4 w/Tensei Pro White 100TX

Srixon ZX 20* w/ACCRA TZ5 100X
Srixon Z745 4-PW w/KBS C-Taper 125S+

Artisan Custom 51*S/55*DS/59*RDS w/DG S400 Tour Issue
Artisan Custom 0820 Mid Mallet *CHAMELEON*

Yup! Currently game a 6x also in my driver and love it!!!

You guys have any opinion on feel, flight, and what driver heads you think might work with it? I've been eyeing this one recently. Any comparison to the original Diamana Whiteboard?

Thanks!

I have 2 of these shafts... One is shaft into a Titleist 915D4 9.5 @ 46" and the other which is my current gamer is a Callaway Rogue SZ 9 @ 45". Both heads work great but I prefer the look and feel of the Callaway Rogue SZ hence why its my current gamer. I have tried the Aldila Rogue 125 TX 60gram but that was in a M1 head (2016) for me it lacks "feel" compared to the M9003? The Rogue 125 just felt really boardy and stiff where as the M9003 is stiff particularly in the tip section but it has better "feel" and loading for me at least. Maybe its the softer butt section? No clue...

I have a naturally high ball flight and the M9003 gives me a mid to high-ish? flight compared to other shafts I have tried in this category. The Rogue 125 did give me similar flight but again different head and wasn't a fan of the TM M1.

I can't comment on spin numbers as I have never been on launch monitor

Haven't tried any Mitsubishi shafts but I am interested in trying the Tensei Pro Orange but I heard that it has a slightly softer tip section? Not sure... May still try it and tip it a little

I have a pro orange inbound to compare against my m9003. The only thing is my m9003 is a 6x and the tensei is the 70tx. Almost a direct comparison but not quite. I want a m9003 7x in a bad way too!

I have a pro orange inbound to compare against my m9003. The only thing is my m9003 is a 6x and the tensei is the 70tx. Almost a direct comparison but not quite. I want a m9003 7x in a bad way too!

what is your speed like? and would like to know how the GD compares to the tenseii orange too...

TS3 8.5, tenseii pro blue 70tx tipped 1"
917 f3 15, tenseii pro blue 80tx tipped 1.5"
U510 2, recoil 110 f5
U500 4, 620mb 5-9, PX 6.5
SM8 46.10, 50.12, PX 6.5

SM8 raw 56.14, 62.10 s400
Scotty Newport 2, Pro Platinum

Pro V1x left dash

I have this shaft in 7x and I’m considering getting rid of it. I’m a natural high ball hitter in my driver and it is definitely giving me the lowest ball flight of the Tour AD line. I’m getting along well with the project x evenflow a little bit better at the moment, but if you like the graphite design and need a low-mid shaft, this is the best of the bunch.

what is your speed like? and would like to know how the GD compares to the tenseii orange too...

I'm between 105 to 110. Looks like it will be a bit longer till I can do a side by side. Still has not been shipped from the factory.

• 1 month later...

I'm between 105 to 110. Looks like it will be a bit longer till I can do a side by side. Still has not been shipped from the factory.

Well for me the tensei shafts have blown my beloved tour ad shafts out of the water! Pro white is the winner! Tour ad m9003 6x hitting bst!

Well for me the tensei shafts have blown my beloved tour ad shafts out of the water! Pro white is the winner! Tour ad m9003 6x hitting bst!

how did the orange stack up against the white...launch, spin, feel...etc...

TS3 8.5, tenseii pro blue 70tx tipped 1"
917 f3 15, tenseii pro blue 80tx tipped 1.5"
U510 2, recoil 110 f5
U500 4, 620mb 5-9, PX 6.5
SM8 46.10, 50.12, PX 6.5

SM8 raw 56.14, 62.10 s400
Scotty Newport 2, Pro Platinum

Pro V1x left dash

how did the orange stack up against the white...launch, spin, feel...etc...

The short answer is for me, the white felt better due to the fact I could feel it load. I think the orange was a bit to much shaft for me. Launch was basically identical. Spin I have no idea, but the distance between the two is negligible I tested them on course. For me the white just work better. Better than anything else for that matter!

• 1 year later...

> @robrey85 said:

> #threadrevival

>

> Can anyone compare this shaft to the ADDI? I am trying to get my ball flight down and was considering this shaft.

The 9003 is like a more linear version of the AD-DI, as well as many other Graphite Design shafts. Its profile honestly looks like what most people assume the BB is; it is softer in the butt and stiffer in the mid, feeling like a more one piece shaft whereas the DI has its more signature "kick".

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

> @Valtiel said:

> > @robrey85 said:

> > #threadrevival

> >

> > Can anyone compare this shaft to the ADDI? I am trying to get my ball flight down and was considering this shaft.

>

> The 9003 is like a more linear version of the AD-DI, as well as many other Graphite Design shafts. Its profile honestly looks like what most people assume the BB is; it is softer in the butt and stiffer in the mid, feeling like a more one piece shaft whereas the DI has its more signature "kick".

nice, I've wanted to find a more one peace feeling shaft than the DI, so this was a very good explanation for my mind/ Thanks

> @Valtiel said:

> > @robrey85 said:

> > #threadrevival

> >

> > Can anyone compare this shaft to the ADDI? I am trying to get my ball flight down and was considering this shaft.

>

> The 9003 is like a more linear version of the AD-DI, as well as many other Graphite Design shafts. Its profile honestly looks like what most people assume the BB is; it is softer in the butt and stiffer in the mid, feeling like a more one piece shaft whereas the DI has its more signature "kick".

Ahh, so I probably wouldn't like the M9003. I love the kick the DI has and the BB is just a touch too boardy. Found a good deal on the AD TP so I am going to try that one out and see how it does. Hopefully it's not too boardy and more kicky like the DI.

• 4 weeks later...

So I have been playing the TP and my ball flight is still crazy high, I have yet to determine what my spin is but it's def lower than the DI. I ended up buying a M9003 for $199 so we'll try that and go from there. At this point, I'm ready to try the whole line, lol. If this shaft is no good I am going to sell my entire collection of shafts and go get fit at Club Champion.

> @robrey85 said:

> So I have been playing the TP and my ball flight is still crazy high, I have yet to determine what my spin is but it's def lower than the DI. I ended up buying a M9003 for $199 so we'll try that and go from there. At this point, I'm ready to try the whole line, lol. If this shaft is no good I am going to sell my entire collection of shafts and go get fit at Club Champion.

Try the new Tour AD-XC. Hit it today, sounds like a profile you're looking for. It's the tits.

> @"Green Lit" said:

> > @robrey85 said:

> > So I have been playing the TP and my ball flight is still crazy high, I have yet to determine what my spin is but it's def lower than the DI. I ended up buying a M9003 for $199 so we'll try that and go from there. At this point, I'm ready to try the whole line, lol. If this shaft is no good I am going to sell my entire collection of shafts and go get fit at Club Champion.

>

> Try the new Tour AD-XC. Hit it today, sounds like a profile you're looking for. It's the ****.

Oh yeah? I'll talk to my guy and see how much I can grab one for if this m9003 is a failed experiment. Thanks for the heads up! I'll check out the reviews too.

• 1 month later...