GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Golf Galaxy closing up shop in Towson (Maryland). Nothing left around these parts.

2»

Comments

• flipmodeflipmode Members  455WRX Points: 60Posts: 455 Greens
    <br />
    tdogg21 wrote:
    <br />
    I'm an hour and a half from Towson and it's the closest golf store to me. Honestly I use to stop at that one and the one in Columbia when I would be in the area for work. I tried hard to find things to buy but I just couldn't do it. When the prices aren't even close to what I can get online, there is no point. I've found that smaller stores and some courses are much better with their pricing. They are realistic and I'll pay a little more to support a local business, just not double. It's like the big stores don't know about the internet.<br />
    <br />
    Yes...there club tech(s) were very good. One of them was actually a member here, can't remember his name, but he did a couple things for me several years ago and it was very well done. He knew his stuff.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I believe his name was Bruce. He ended up moving out of state. There was another guy Chris that was tall skinny and wore glasses. He was very knowledgeable as well.
    Posted:
    Ping K15 driver
    Ping G10 3, 4, 5 hybrids
    Ping G15 irons
    Cameron Newport, Ping Anser 3
    Titleist Vokey 50* 54* wedges
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • llewol007llewol007 4KidsGolfer San Jose, CaClubWRX  3814WRX Points: 254Handicap: 4.1Posts: 3,814 ClubWRX
    You are sad about them closing but you probably went into a Golf Galaxy to tinker around with their stuff then purchased something thru ebay, golfwrx, etc.
    Posted:
    Ping 400 Oban Devotion
    Callaway Epic SZ 14* Hazardous Smoke 6.5
    Ping Crossover 3 iron 
    Ping S55 TI AMT S400 4-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50,54,58 115
    Odyssey Proto  
    Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness
  • rainkingjrrainkingjr Members  2779WRX Points: 242Posts: 2,779 Titanium Tees
    llewol007 wrote:
    <br />
    You are sad about them closing but you probably went into a Golf Galaxy to tinker around with their stuff then purchased something thru ebay, golfwrx, etc.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Nope, I buy from a lot of different places, but have probably spent several thousand at that store over the past several years. Several drivers new and used. Multiple putters. I can remember at least three used iron sets. Wedges. Shoes. A golf bag Just purchased 3 new Glide wedges there two months ago.. Plenty of clothing so no, I don't do the typical go in, try their stuff and buy it elsewhere. I won't lie and say I don't go in to try stuff often, but that's the whole point. Of course I sometimes find a better deal somewhere else, but I've been a customer who has spent plenty of money there and I like a lot of the guys that work there. Good people. Just had a three wood re-shafted there as well and they did a really nice job.<br />
    <br />
    Hopefully your comment was just some lame attempt at sarcasm.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • halliedoghalliedog Members  2564WRX Points: 347Handicap: 5.2Posts: 2,564 Titanium Tees
    Big Ben wrote:
    <br />
    Seems as though the brick and mortars are going the way of the dinosaurs. Fewer and fewer choices these days. We have one nice shop and range left (Windmill Lakes Fitting Ctr) on the eastside of Cleveland and that's it. Without this site the next closest decent shop is in Akron, Ohio. Keep in mind we are a heavily populated area as well. Seems as though the rents continue to drive these businesses out of dodge.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The guys at Windmill are awesome (especially Trent), but even their pro shop is somewhat sparse last time I was in there. I've gotten some good deals on balls/shoes type of stuff there for sure. I live in Akron and the GG is certainly better now that GS is gone, but curious what other shops in/around Akron you think are decent?
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • ewe8523ewe8523 Members  468WRX Points: 95Posts: 468 Greens
    We have had 2 of 3 GGs in the Raleigh area close in the last two years. The second is rebranding as a Dick’s this weekend. It has remained open during the transition but was bare bones. The one remaining open is the largest and newest of the three but inventory has really been low the last year or so there.
    Posted:
    Good news. Golf Galaxy was able to work out a deal with the leasing company so they are good for another year. Sweet.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BB28403BB28403 Members  4519WRX Points: 903Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Posts: 4,519 Titanium Tees
    I've heard you can buy golf stuff online.
    <br />
    <br />
    It does suck not to have a same day golf place to buy things in a pinch.
    Posted:
  • TzoidTzoid MarylandMembers  1784WRX Points: 181Handicap: 7Posts: 1,784 Platinum Tees
    I know the Manager and a Sales guy at the Elkridge- Columbia store ( They were both at Mammoth Golf ) . They are great guys that take care of me when I need something. GG is the only store in MD <br />
    that has most major brands and a good selection of everything. The Golfsmith store in Timonium was nice so it's a shame GG didn't get that location when they went t**** Up.
    Posted:
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    EVNROLL ER2 Mid Blade Black with Gravity Grip
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • dokexdokex Members  321WRX Points: 114Posts: 321 Greens

After a one year lease extension, Towson is closing for good on Oct. 6, 2019.

Posted:

I was in a week ago and heard the news. Sucks as now the closest shop for me is at least a 40 minute drive.

Posted:
  • apg7apg7 Members, Paid BST  38WRX Points: 14Posts: 38 Bunkers

That's a bummer. Do they liquidate inventory or just move it to another location? It was always pretty empty when I would go there.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @apg7 said:

That's a bummer. Do they liquidate inventory or just move it to another location? It was always pretty empty when I would go there.

I was told they'd be moving it.

Posted:
  • MychMych Members  2291WRX Points: 450Posts: 2,291 Platinum Tees

The "store closing" sale might be enough to scratch your hoing itch for a while. I bought about half of my Golfsmith store's clubmaking shop when they closed down a couple years ago.

Posted:
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    WITB: Cobra F9 9.5 ~ Ping Anser 4w ~ Ping G30 3h ~ Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Cobra King Forged One 4-P ~ Cobra King 50-V, 56-WL ~ Ping Sigma G Piper 3

On -, @Mych said:

The "store closing" sale might be enough to scratch your hoing itch for a while. I bought about half of my Golfsmith store's clubmaking shop when they closed down a couple years ago.

I might have to make trip up there tomorrow. See if there's anything good floating around.

Posted:

Just stopped in tonight, there were some decent apparel sales, but didn't see anything else major.

Posted:
  • TzoidTzoid MarylandMembers  1784WRX Points: 181Handicap: 7Posts: 1,784 Platinum Tees

I was in the Towson store last week and they have all the new Mizuno Irons for Demo and the store looked in better shape than ever. It didn't appear to be a store that was closing in 30 days.

Posted:
    Titleist Pro V-1X

Advertisement

On -, @Tzoid said:

I was in the Towson store last week and they have all the new Mizuno Irons for Demo and the store looked in better shape than ever. It didn't appear to be a store that was closing in 30 days.

I know. It is closing though. I talk to the manager all of the time.

Posted:

On -, @Tzoid said:

Can confirm. When checking out, employees told me they were done in first week of October.

Posted:
  • dokexdokex Members  321WRX Points: 114Posts: 321 Greens

As of today the store is virtually empty. The only things left are two racks of clearance apparel and some grips. Everything else is gone.

Posted:
  • Canton JesterCanton Jester Members  7WRX Points: 10Posts: 7 Bunkers

And to think I was about to head up there to pick out a new cart bag tomorrow.

Posted:

Do yourself a favor and get a Sun Mountain C-130 . Do a search on the usual suspects for a closeout of a previous year . TGW sold me a Red White and Blue C-130 for $ 159 bucks shipped.

Link below...... https://www.tgw.com/golf-bags/golf-cart-bags/sun-mountain-c-130-cart-bag

Posted:
    Titleist Pro V-1X

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.