Mizuno MP-20 MMC - July 2019

GolfWRX

My Set is ordered

4-PW MMC S300

52.09 56.10 60.10 T20 Chrome Wedges TI S400

Lamkin Crossline in all.

Super Pumped - A tiny bit longer than my MP53 but not much in them. Hoping the TI helps on my misses. Plus they look unreal. And I like the gapping better - 22 deg 4 iron I can ditch the 3 iron and go right to 19 deg Hybrid.

Not sure when I get them. Ordered tonight.

2024 Bag TBD

long shot asking this question, but has anyone tried the MP-20 MMC heads with OBAN ct 115 shafts? Trying to at least upgrade my 7-PW to more players'/workable models now that my ball striking improved a lot + i'm hitting my short irons too far (i.e., need more spin). I currently play JPX 900 Hot Metals (yes, the game improvement model, lol).

during my fitting I was comparing the MMC vs MB....The MB looks so good, but I know better at my age..I'm ready to pull the triger 4-pw w/$-tapper PVD finish.

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 3 Wood w/ TD-70-S

TaylorMade Stage2 Tour 19* Fujikura Tour Spec VC 6.2

Mizuno Fli hi 4-w/Steelfiber 80-S

Mizuno 225, 5-PW with Modus 105-S

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Titleist ProV1/ 

Just hit all three 7 irons. Fell in love with the MMC based on the 7i. MB felt great but obviously punished misses more severely. I was impressed with the HMB for the hollow option. It was a little higher than the MMC, but no gain in distance for me.

Considering the following

4 HMB, 5-9 MMC, Pw MB

G430 Max 9* - Ventus Blue 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

T20 50*

Jaws Raw 54 & 59*
Versa 7
Tour B X

> @jrshields3 said:

> > @eyeeye said:

> > wonder if they'll be much different from my mp59's

>

> They remind me of the MP 59s

Still a great iron. Major differences in the long irons but the MP59 7-PW remains as viable as ever. Remember how many purists knocked it when it first came out do to the co-forged titanium? I heard Chris V. say the 59 was as “neutrally weighted” a club as any Mizuno had made. I like they’ve kept the design profile going. No doubt the HMB and MP20 MMC are easier to hit in the long irons.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

icandy : Are the heads of the HMB slighly longer than the MMCs?

No, at least I cant see a difference in the head length. When addressing the ball the HMB only looks slightly thicker from above.

Got my set delivered today, 4-5 HMB and 6-PW MMC - I can just reconfirm that its the best clubs I've ever hit.

Now I saw the new T20 wedges in the shop today and that look will cost me another 3 new clubs - they also seem to have an amazing feel. Anyone that has tried the blue ones, isnt that strange to hit the ball with a very different color compared to the PW?

> @TrueWRX said:

> > @SecondShot said:

> > Here is the first picture of my new love :-)

> > 3h0v4jsrxrmn.jpeg

> >

>

> you get out on the course yet with these?

Unfortunately not before Friday... :-(

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 60 6.0

Fairway: Titleist TSi2 15° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Cobra LTDx 19° - KBS PGI 85 S

Irons: MP-20 MMC (4-PW) - KBS Tour S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 (50.08F), SM9 (54.14F, 58.08M) - KBS Tour S (50), TT Dynamic Gold S300 (54, 58)

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Flow Neck - KBS CT Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Still waiting very impatiently for mine. I live in NC like 4 hrs from the Mizuno factory. I ordered my set directly thru a Mizuno rep on the 28th.

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

I got unfortunate news sounds like mine won’t ship til Monday now.

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

Sorry guys - I’ll be on the course with my new sticks in about 45 minutes ??

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 (50.08F), SM9 (54.14F, 58.08M) - KBS Tour S (50), TT Dynamic Gold S300 (54, 58)

A lot of the review video guys seem to suggest that they’d prefer the blades in 8-P or so. For y’all that have seen the whole set, what are your thoughts? I mean, I’ll stick take forgiveness in a 8, 9 etc so long as it’s not chunky. I do see in the picture about someone went blade in the PW which makes sense. I’m not Stenson, though...my thought is to go MMC all the way through. Thoughts?

> @mjbaker80 said:

> A lot of the review video guys seem to suggest that they’d prefer the blades in 8-P or so. For y’all that have seen the whole set, what are your thoughts? I mean, I’ll stick take forgiveness in a 8, 9 etc so long as it’s not chunky. I do see in the picture about someone went blade in the PW which makes sense. I’m not Stenson, though...my thought is to go MMC all the way through. Thoughts?

Maybe I am blind, but the only noticeable difference for me was the back of the club (which I can't even see +90% of the time). Yes, the top line is thinner for MBs, but honestly I don't see why I can't get used to a slightly thicker top line for MMCs. We are talking millimeters here...so i would rather game something more forgiving. I could see why some did mb version for PWs...a thick top line PW does bother me, but that's because I am mental

• Like 1

> @thebogeyputt said:

I am curious about the progression of blade length through the set. I have only seen 7i and am wondering how much bigger the 4i may be. Voshall did say something that the MMC is very progressive set and lends itself to being played all the way through.

G430 Max 9* - Ventus Blue 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

T20 50*

Jaws Raw 54 & 59*
Versa 7
Tour B X

> @thebogeyputt said:

> > @mjbaker80 said:

> > A lot of the review video guys seem to suggest that they’d prefer the blades in 8-P or so. For y’all that have seen the whole set, what are your thoughts? I mean, I’ll stick take forgiveness in a 8, 9 etc so long as it’s not chunky. I do see in the picture about someone went blade in the PW which makes sense. I’m not Stenson, though...my thought is to go MMC all the way through. Thoughts?

>

> Maybe I am blind, but the only noticeable difference for me was the back of the club (which I can't even see +90% of the time). Yes, the top line is thinner for MBs, but honestly I don't see why I can't get used to a slightly thicker top line for MMCs. We are talking millimeters here...so i would rather game something more forgiving. I could see why some did mb version for PWs...a thick top line PW does bother me, but that's because I am mental

Haha! Love your sense of humor dude. Aren’t we all. And, I agree with you 110 percent. I know a guy who can still miss greens from 125-140.... me... so, bring on the forgiveness

• Like 1

Spent an hour just hitting the MBs and MMCs with Modus 120s and 105s. Beautiful, is all I can say. Having said that, the MBs are decent size, not unhittable by any means for me (a 10). However, I'm going 5-PW on the MMCs. Great dispersion and a club longer than my current set (and the MBs)

Driver: Ping G430 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Ventus (Velocore) Red 5S
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
9 Wood: Ping G430 Max (23 Degree) - CB Alta Black 65S 

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

Titleist T150 8-PW KBS $ Taper (115)  

Titleist T200 6/7 KBS $ Taper (115)

Vokey (49/53) Degree) SM8 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5

> @kgeorge78 said:

> yep pissed at no 3 iron. I dont want a hybrid or a driving iron. I don't like the Hallow HMB I thought they were horrible

> The Titleist 510U was pretty good.

>

Keep in mind the mmc 4 iron is 22* loft. That is only 1* weak from a MB 3 iron. Just bend it a degree strong and there is your 3 iron. But I totally get it if you don’t want to add the offset. Could try the same thing with the hot metal pro 4 iron?

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

I just ordered my set today. Split the set, sort of.

4 iron: HMB

5-pw: MMC

PX LZ 5.5, 1-degree strong in lofts

I demoed the MP-20s in three different store simulators. I originally wanted to get the full set in HMB (when I first saw pics online). Seeing them in real life, the HMBs definitely look great. But after demoing them, the weight just felt a bit off for me. Feel was good— a soft and springy like feel.. you can feel the ball jump off the club face. But had some

chunky shots on the simulator and the offset on them was just a bit much in the mid irons. Definitely good for long irons but I use a 19-degree hybrid so I really only need a 4 iron and went HMB so I could get extra height in my 4-iron (my 180-190 yard club).

With the MMCs, the feel was so incredible. I was worried about forgiveness, but even my thin shots (my miss) still carried the ball just as far. The blade length was perfect. Next to

no offset. And the chrome is like the sight of Santa when I was a kid.

MP-20 MMCs are definitely different from the MP-18 MMCs in regards to feel. They are softer and more of that forged feeling, as well

as more forgiving on off-center strikes.

The store said they won’t start shipping until 9/20 but sounds like Mizuno is shipping pre-orders already? Is this true?

#waitinggame

> @Breezy-3- said:

> > @SecondShot said:

> > Sorry guys - I’ll be on the course with my new sticks in about 45 minutes ??

>

> How’d the new sticks fare for you today?

Just hit two buckets of balls on the range. I've to get used to the new shaft weight (120 vs. 95 before) and a thicker grip (4 extra tapes vs. 1 before). And with my actual swing I need the lie bent 2° up. But the fitter and my pro suggested me to change a little bit in my setup (hands higher). Then I need standard lie.

I didn't hit the balls perfect yesterday. But I'm on a good way ;-)

First 18 holes are planned for today.

> @Gmachine said:

> I just ordered my set today. Split the set, sort of.

> 4 iron: HMB

> 5-pw: MMC

> PX LZ 5.5, 1-degree strong in lofts

>

> I demoed the MP-20s in three different store simulators. I originally wanted to get the full set in HMB (when I first saw pics online). Seeing them in real life, the HMBs definitely look great. But after demoing them, the weight just felt a bit off for me. Feel was good— a soft and springy like feel.. you can feel the ball jump off the club face. But had some

> chunky shots on the simulator and the offset on them was just a bit much in the mid irons. Definitely good for long irons but I use a 19-degree hybrid so I really only need a 4 iron and went HMB so I could get extra height in my 4-iron (my 180-190 yard club).

>

> With the MMCs, the feel was so incredible. I was worried about forgiveness, but even my thin shots (my miss) still carried the ball just as far. The blade length was perfect. Next to

> no offset. And the chrome is like the sight of Santa when I was a kid.

>

> MP-20 MMCs are definitely different from the MP-18 MMCs in regards to feel. They are softer and more of that forged feeling, as well

> as more forgiving on off-center strikes.

>

> The store said they won’t start shipping until 9/20 but sounds like Mizuno is shipping pre-orders already? Is this true?

>

> #waitinggame

>

I went same shafts hard stepped and 1 strong. Will be my first time using the LZ's

The wait is killing me

> @TrueWRX said:

> > @Gmachine said:

> > I just ordered my set today. Split the set, sort of.

> > 4 iron: HMB

> > 5-pw: MMC

> > PX LZ 5.5, 1-degree strong in lofts

> >

> > I demoed the MP-20s in three different store simulators. I originally wanted to get the full set in HMB (when I first saw pics online). Seeing them in real life, the HMBs definitely look great. But after demoing them, the weight just felt a bit off for me. Feel was good— a soft and springy like feel.. you can feel the ball jump off the club face. But had some

> > chunky shots on the simulator and the offset on them was just a bit much in the mid irons. Definitely good for long irons but I use a 19-degree hybrid so I really only need a 4 iron and went HMB so I could get extra height in my 4-iron (my 180-190 yard club).

> >

> > With the MMCs, the feel was so incredible. I was worried about forgiveness, but even my thin shots (my miss) still carried the ball just as far. The blade length was perfect. Next to

> > no offset. And the chrome is like the sight of Santa when I was a kid.

> >

> > MP-20 MMCs are definitely different from the MP-18 MMCs in regards to feel. They are softer and more of that forged feeling, as well

> > as more forgiving on off-center strikes.

> >

> > The store said they won’t start shipping until 9/20 but sounds like Mizuno is shipping pre-orders already? Is this true?

> >

> > #waitinggame

> >

>

> I went same shafts hard stepped and 1 strong. Will be my first time using the LZ's

>

> The wait is killing me

My last set were PXGs so I tried so many different shafts during that proper fitting and the PX LZs were my top two choices (ultimately went with DG 105s).

With the MMCs, i just felt more balance with the clubhead and PX LZ’s. Smooth swings and hard as I can swings just felt great. When I demoed the MMCs, I tried the DGs, $tapers, CTLs, Nippons but nothing felt better than the PX LZs. Great shaft for me and looks like great shafts for you.