Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

ebay strategy

2»

Comments

• apg7apg7  35Members, Paid BST Posts: 35

I've joined rather recently and bought several items here via browsing, whereas on eBay, I'm looking for a specific thing, not wanting to wade through tons of garbage to just "see what's out there".

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • LycokayakerLycokayaker NJ 79Members Posts: 79

I sell a ton of Ebay. I always do buy it now with a best offer. Mark it up a pinch. make sure you DONT offer returns. chances are if you do the clubs will be used and returned for some dumb reason.

Posted:

I know I am getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators. ~Gerald Ford

• cflo2382cflo2382 SE Michigan 413Members Posts: 413

@Lycokayaker said:
    I sell a ton of Ebay. I always do buy it now with a best offer. Mark it up a pinch. make sure you DONT offer returns. chances are if you do the clubs will be used and returned for some dumb reason.

Unfortunately, not offering returns doesn't always mean that the buyer can't return an item. In my case, eBay allowed a buyer to return a shaft because it was shorter than he needed it. I had provided the length in the description and also a photo of the shaft length. So, I was fully transparent on my end. I tried to fight it and eBay basically told me that I have to accept the return. I've read on other threads too that eBay will almost ALWAYS side with the buyer. It's dumb.

Posted:
    Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a ****?
  • Little NedLittle Ned  1134Members Posts: 1,134

@cflo2382 said:
    Unfortunately, the not offering returns doesn't always mean that the buyer can't return an item. In my case, eBay allowed a buyer to return a shaft because it was shorter than he needed it. I had provided the length in the description and also a photo of the shaft length. So, I was fully transparent on my end. I tried to fight it and eBay basically told me that I have to accept the return. I've read on other threads too that eBay will almost ALWAYS side with the buyer. It's dumb.

Given the choice of buyer or seller, I like that eBay sides with the buyer. It gives the buyer confidence when bidding. And without buyer confidence, eBay would be nothing. Sellers would have nothing.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Cobra F8 7W
    Cobra F8 4H
    Mizuno 919 Hot Metal 5-GW
    Callaway MD3 54*
    Callaway MD PM 58*
    Ping Sigma G Tyne

@Little Ned said:

@cflo2382 said:
    Unfortunately, the not offering returns doesn't always mean that the buyer can't return an item. In my case, eBay allowed a buyer to return a shaft because it was shorter than he needed it. I had provided the length in the description and also a photo of the shaft length. So, I was fully transparent on my end. I tried to fight it and eBay basically told me that I have to accept the return. I've read on other threads too that eBay will almost ALWAYS side with the buyer. It's dumb.

Given the choice of buyer or seller, I like that eBay sides with the buyer. It gives the buyer confidence when bidding. And without buyer confidence, eBay would be nothing. Sellers would have nothing.

I agree with you there but as a seller we shouldn't have to accept returns on items when they are 100% accurately listed. eBay shouldn't offer "no returns" as an option if it doesn't protect the actual seller in a case like this.

Posted:

@cflo2382 said:
    I agree with you there but as a seller we shouldn't have to accept returns on items when they are 100% accurately listed. eBay shouldn't offer "no returns" as an option if it doesn't protect the actual seller in a case like this.

Going by what you said, I would agree with you in your case. That one should be on the seller.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Cobra F8 7W
    Cobra F8 4H
    Callaway MD3 54*
    Callaway MD PM 58*
    Ping Sigma G Tyne
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

Wow I had no clue..... Seems like ebay doesn't care about the sellers anymore..... Thanks for the heads up. Sorry that happened to you!

@cflo2382 said:

@Lycokayaker said:

Unfortunately, not offering returns doesn't always mean that the buyer can't return an item. In my case, eBay allowed a buyer to return a shaft because it was shorter than he needed it. I had provided the length in the description and also a photo of the shaft length. So, I was fully transparent on my end. I tried to fight it and eBay basically told me that I have to accept the return. I've read on other threads too that eBay will almost ALWAYS side with the buyer. It's dumb.

@cflo2382 said:

@Lycokayaker said:

@cflo2382 said:

@Lycokayaker said:

Posted:

I know I am getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators. ~Gerald Ford

@Lycokayaker said:
    Wow I had no clue..... Seems like ebay doesn't care about the sellers anymore..... Thanks for the heads up. Sorry that happened to you!

@cflo2382 said:

@Lycokayaker said:

@cflo2382 said:

@Lycokayaker said:

@cflo2382 said:

@Lycokayaker said:

To be fair, this was the only issue I've ever had selling on eBay. It was for a $20 iron shaft so it wasn't a huge loss or anything on my end. I certainly don't want to discourage the OP from using eBay. It's a great platform to sell on and I still continue to use it. Just wanted to share my "no returns" experience.

Posted:

no for sure. However I am entertaining selling a brand new scotty newport 2 terilliyum and would hate to get screwed on that deal. 20 dollar shaft vs a high dollar driver or iron set could be really bad .

@cflo2382 said:

@Lycokayaker said:

@cflo2382 said:

@Lycokayaker said:

@cflo2382 said:

@Lycokayaker said:

@cflo2382 said:

@Lycokayaker said:

To be fair, this was the only issue I've ever had selling on eBay. It was for a $20 iron shaft so it wasn't a huge loss or anything on my end. I certainly don't want to discourage the OP from using eBay. It's a great platform to sell on and I still continue to use it. Just wanted to share my "no returns" experience.

Posted:

@Lycokayaker said:
    no for sure. However I am entertaining selling a brand new scotty newport 2 terilliyum and would hate to get screwed on that deal. 20 dollar shaft vs a high dollar driver or iron set could be really bad .

I wouldn't worry about it. The return headache is more of the exception than the rule. Include lots of close-up pics (take pics in light with your camera phone) and a good description, and you can go a long ways to eliminating any potential issues.

Posted:
    Post edited by Little Ned on
    Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Cobra F8 7W
    Cobra F8 4H
    Callaway MD3 54*
    Callaway MD PM 58*
    Ping Sigma G Tyne

right on ... OP for what its worth im listing some stuff on ebay today and here.....

@Little Ned said:

@Lycokayaker said:

I wouldn't worry about it. The return headache is more of the exception than the rule. Include lots of close-up pics (take pics in light with your camera phone) and and good description, and you can go a long ways to eliminating any potential issues.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file