***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

1540541543545546772
772

Comments

  • gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016 Members  3230WRX Points: 848Posts: 3,230 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16262

    On -, @2moreTerps said:

    can you list the really good putters you know who change their putter every month? i'm not being sarcastic. it's an actual question

    last week i was talking to a guy who i consider to be a very good putter. he's a better putter than i am. this guy changes clubs a lot and likes new stuff. he has used the same putter for more than 10 years.

    Stop making sense!
    It's got to be the putter, It's got to be the putter, It's got to be the putter, It's got to be the putter, It's got to be the putter........

    I've used the same putter for almost a month (I haven't played in 3 weeks)

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • 2moreTerps2moreTerps Members  1615WRX Points: 439Posts: 1,615 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16263

    On -, @FAbb said:

    I'm not advocating that changing a lot is good lol. There's really no question I'd be better off sticking to a single putter indefinitely. Will I? Very unlikely.

    why? you really care about golf. why would you knowingly do something that is detrimental to your game

    Posted:
  • gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016 Members  3230WRX Points: 848Posts: 3,230 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16264

    I assume you have been using the same putter for a while. Serious question - Do you ever feel the need to look at something else. Every once in a while a putter will just not look right, and I want a different look or feel. It might only be a few rounds or it might be a couple of months, and I'll go back to my old one.
    I love trying different styles/weights/grips etc. I mostly use the same 3 or 4 putters from the past 6-7 years. I'll throw a new one in the bag, but it usually doesn't last long

    Posted:
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83 Members  15786WRX Points: 782Posts: 15,786 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16265

    On -, @2moreTerps said:

    can you list the really good putters you know who change their putter every month? i'm not being sarcastic. it's an actual question

    last week i was talking to a guy who i consider to be a very good putter. he's a better putter than i am. this guy changes clubs a lot and likes new stuff. he has used the same putter for more than>

    On -, @2moreTerps said:

    On -, @FAbb said:

    I'm not advocating that changing a lot is good lol. There's really no question I'd be better off sticking to a single putter indefinitely. Will I? Very unlikely.

    why? you really care about golf. why would you knowingly do something that is detrimental to your game

    I feel the same about not being fitted

    I bought an expensive putter to match my specs because I don’t change. Only club we use every hole.

    But I do have another one coming.. it was a gift. I’ll mess around with it—- caveat is — it matches my specs.

    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik SZ *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
    protos F4

    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • 2moreTerps2moreTerps Members  1615WRX Points: 439Posts: 1,615 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16266

    no. i really don't feel a need or desire to look at something else. the scottie that JT uses is beautiful. when i go to second swing i hit some putts with it. but i've never given any consideration to purchasing one.

    i used a two ball putter for years. then when my back was giving me trouble i switched to a counter balanced putter and held it at the end. that's far from ideal. i used two putters in that stage. when i decided to go back to a regular length putter a couple years ago i got another two ball putter. that's the 2moreTerps putter change history from something like 2006 until now

    i'm also naturally change averse.

    Posted:
  • FAbbFAbb Members  16607WRX Points: 2,026Posts: 16,607 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16267

    On -, @2moreTerps said:

    On -, @FAbb said:

    I'm not advocating that changing a lot is good lol. There's really no question I'd be better off sticking to a single putter indefinitely. Will I? Very unlikely.

    why? you really care about golf. why would you knowingly do something that is detrimental to your game

    Why do people that really care about their lives do things that are inherently risky? I'd say it's because they derive some joy from those things.

    I'm not a golf robot, programmed to do nothing but optimize. I like messing around with stuff.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83 Members  15786WRX Points: 782Posts: 15,786 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16269

    On -, @FAbb said:

    On -, @2moreTerps said:

    On -, @FAbb said:

    I'm not advocating that changing a lot is good lol. There's really no question I'd be better off sticking to a single putter indefinitely. Will I? Very unlikely.

    why? you really care about golf. why would you knowingly do something that is detrimental to your game

    Why do people that really care about their lives do things that are inherently risky? I'd say it's because they derive some joy from those things.

    I'm not a golf robot, programmed to do nothing but optimize. I like messing around with stuff.

    The same could be said about how people choose to play golf (their way)

    Yet questions, statements, etc get passed onto them — warranted or not.

    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik SZ *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
    protos F4

    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • TheCityGameTheCityGame Traj like Minaj Members  16680WRX Points: 4,103Handicap: 2ishPosts: 16,680 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16270

    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 MAX 10.5º XTORSION Copper 60
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Strong torso
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 60º/04º
    Ping Scottsdale Wolverine
    Oncore Elixir
  • FAbbFAbb Members  16607WRX Points: 2,026Posts: 16,607 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16271

    That's fair.

    I'm open to changing it. I'm sorta working on changing it. The Spider X isn't coming out of the bag, unless I find something that's definitively better. I'm spending 95% of my time on the course, and in practice with my current putter. I can't imagine that 5% I'm messing with something else, or changing the grip makes any difference in my putting results on the whole. I don't feel like cutting out that 5% will change anything. Maybe I'm wrong.

    Posted:
  • gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016 Members  3230WRX Points: 848Posts: 3,230 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Sep 11, 2019 #16272

    On -, @2moreTerps said:

    no. i really don't feel a need or desire to look at something else. the scottie that JT uses is beautiful. when i go to second swing i hit some putts with it. but i've never given any consideration to purchasing one.

    i used a two ball putter for years. then when my back was giving me trouble i switched to a counter balanced putter and held it at the end. that's far from ideal. i used two putters in that stage. when i decided to go back to a regular length putter a couple years ago i got another two ball putter. that's the 2moreTerps putter change history from something like 2006 until now

    i'm also naturally change averse.

    That is impressive. Unfortunately, my attention span isn't that long. I have had long periods with the same putter, and several periods of putter schizophrenia and get a little carried away with changing. Then I will have another putter purge and get back down to 3-4. I like the looks of a blade, so I keep going back to that style. That said, I also have a mallet that I will switch out when warrented.
    But, like Tex, all the same specs (length and lie angle). Different grips for different feel

    Posted:
    Post edited by gregh729 on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83 Members  15786WRX Points: 782Posts: 15,786 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16273

    Well said City

    Heading to Aslin in Alexandria for any Dc, va workers they want to take a long lunch

    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik SZ *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
    protos F4

    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members  12143WRX Points: 583Posts: 12,143 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16274

    On -, @gregh729 said:

    I assume you have been using the same putter for a while. Serious question - Do you ever feel the need to look at something else. Every once in a while a putter will just not look right, and I want a different look or feel. It might only be a few rounds or it might be a couple of months, and I'll go back to my old one.
    I love trying different styles/weights/grips etc. I mostly use the same 3 or 4 putters from the past 6-7 years. I'll throw a new one in the bag, but it usually doesn't last long

    Yes, but far between. My Piretti has been the basis putter for ~8 years, and I've only tried maybe 2 other putters. What I don't change is the headweight, grip/size, length, or counterweight that I use in that setup. Every trial putter needs to meet those exact specs before getting a run.

    Posted:
    SIM Max 9.0°, Kuro Kage XD 70TX
    Flash SZ 17°, VTS Silver 8x
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

    X Forged '18  5-P, PX 6.5
    SM7 50F, 54S, 58M

    PXG Closer Gen 2  
    Tour BXS



  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods  13223WRX Points: 3,042Handicap: 3.5Posts: 13,223 Marshals
    Joined:  #16275

    On -, @TheCityGame said:

    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Some of the same people I've seen gripe about me Fabb changing putters so often are the same people I've seen change their brand/model of golf ball in the middle of a round.

    There's also the unspoken assumption that not changing putters makes you a better putter. I strongly disagree with that. Despite his online fake-griping, Fabb is a top tier putter, no doubt in my mind about that. Him changing putters has absolutely no affect on his ability to putt.

    Posted:
    SIM 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
    SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
    SIM 4i / 5i Steelfiber 95s
    M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
    Cleveland RTX 62*
    Miura KM-009 Black Boron 35" / TM TP5x Pix
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83 Members  15786WRX Points: 782Posts: 15,786 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16276

    On -, @dcmidnight said:

    On -, @TheCityGame said:

    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Some of the same people I've seen gripe about me Fabb changing putters so often are the same people I've seen change their brand/model of golf ball in the middle of a round.

    There's also the unspoken assumption that not changing putters makes you a better putter. I strongly disagree with that. Despite his online fake-griping, Fabb is a top tier putter, no doubt in my mind about that. Him changing putters has absolutely no affect on his ability to putt.

    One of the only weakness in his game, no?

    Go get fitted by club champion Fabb and see what the numbers say

    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik SZ *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
    protos F4

    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods  13223WRX Points: 3,042Handicap: 3.5Posts: 13,223 Marshals
    Joined:  #16277

    Statistically you would need a ton of trials to "prove" one side or the other. But I bet if Fabb played a whole year with the same putter and played another year switching every month - his putting stats would look relatively the same.

    Posted:
    SIM 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
    SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
    SIM 4i / 5i Steelfiber 95s
    M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
    Cleveland RTX 62*
    Miura KM-009 Black Boron 35" / TM TP5x Pix
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83 Members  15786WRX Points: 782Posts: 15,786 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16278

    On -, @dcmidnight said:

    Statistically you would need a ton of trials to "prove" one side or the other. But I bet if Fabb played a whole year with the same putter and played another year switching every month - his putting stats would look relatively the same.

    I look at it as one of those that it might not hurt and maybe help.

    But i believe he was on Sam machine before his pro buddy sold his ..

    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik SZ *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
    protos F4

    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • FAbbFAbb Members  16607WRX Points: 2,026Posts: 16,607 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16279

    On -, @TheCityGame said:

    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Also, and you know this, it's not remotely accurate to insinuate that I'm griping about my putting but am unwilling to do anything about it.

    I've worked A TON on my putting this year. I'll potentially clip 40 rounds this handicap season, and I've been practicing putting outside one day a week pretty consistently. Those are both marked increases from the past several years. I putt inside easily 4x/week. I've done work with a putting coach to solidify my stroke. I've done a lot to improve the way I practice. I've talked with good putters I know about their approach - how they assess line/speed, routine, things they practice, etc.

    Posted:
  • gsrjcgsrjc TOC Members  1927WRX Points: 616Posts: 1,927 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Sep 11, 2019 #16281

    On -, @misplacedtexan83 said:

    On -, @dcmidnight said:

    On -, @TheCityGame said:

    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Some of the same people I've seen gripe about me Fabb changing putters so often are the same people I've seen change their brand/model of golf ball in the middle of a round.

    There's also the unspoken assumption that not changing putters makes you a better putter. I strongly disagree with that. Despite his online fake-griping, Fabb is a top tier putter, no doubt in my mind about that. Him changing putters has absolutely no affect on his ability to putt.

    One of the only weakness in his game, no?

    Go get fitted by club champion Fabb and see what the numbers say

    I got fitted there and changed my putter specs. It didn’t work out so I went back to the specs that I got from Bettinardi when they fitted me and made my putter. Started putting much better again.

    Posted:
  • willboyrdwillboyrd Members  1234WRX Points: 324Posts: 1,234 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16282

    I changed my actual putting grip mid-round on Saturday. Something I had been toying with during indoor sessions but hadn't been able to practice outside before that morning.

    Obviously FAbb is a much better player than I so the opportunities to improve are much more minute. In that same round, I also had 2 plain tops off the tee into junk just ahead of the red tees and 2 other foul balls into hazards/OB en route to a smooth 89 at WM.

    On a separate note, infuriated reading over Sully's adventure on #16 at WM. I pumped a ball into a tree on the left and it fell straight down into junk. I re-teed and piped my 3rd shot right on line with the cart path on the left side of the fairway. Get up there, no ball. Sweet ESC 7 (there was a good chance it was going to be an ESC 7 anyways, but still).

    Posted:
    G410 12* Tensei Pro Orange 60S
    Epic Flash SZ 15* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Epic Flash SZ 18* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Rogue 21* 4h Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Rogue Pro 5-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    CBX2 50, 56(bent to 55) DG TI S400
    CBX Full Face 60 DG TI S400
    Fastback 2 33'' Winn DriTac AVS Midsize grip

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83 Members  15786WRX Points: 782Posts: 15,786 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16283

    On -, @gsrjc said:

    On -, @misplacedtexan83 said:

    On -, @dcmidnight said:

    On -, @TheCityGame said:

    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Some of the same people I've seen gripe about me Fabb changing putters so often are the same people I've seen change their brand/model of golf ball in the middle of a round.

    There's also the unspoken assumption that not changing putters makes you a better putter. I strongly disagree with that. Despite his online fake-griping, Fabb is a top tier putter, no doubt in my mind about that. Him changing putters has absolutely no affect on his ability to putt.

    One of the only weakness in his game, no?

    Go get fitted by club champion Fabb and see what the numbers say

    I got fitted there and changed my putter specs. It didn’t work out so I went back to the specs that I got from Bettinardi when they fitted me and made my putter. Started putting much better again.

    It’s not a be all or end all. However ... it shows you what you are doing instead of guessing.

    Fittings are only as good as your fitter. Not knocking Nick— but all Bettinardi does is putters (besides some wedges and golf swag)

    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik SZ *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
    protos F4

    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • gsrjcgsrjc TOC Members  1927WRX Points: 616Posts: 1,927 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16284

    On -, @misplacedtexan83 said:

    On -, @gsrjc said:

    On -, @misplacedtexan83 said:

    On -, @dcmidnight said:

    On -, @TheCityGame said:

    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Some of the same people I've seen gripe about me Fabb changing putters so often are the same people I've seen change their brand/model of golf ball in the middle of a round.

    There's also the unspoken assumption that not changing putters makes you a better putter. I strongly disagree with that. Despite his online fake-griping, Fabb is a top tier putter, no doubt in my mind about that. Him changing putters has absolutely no affect on his ability to putt.

    One of the only weakness in his game, no?

    Go get fitted by club champion Fabb and see what the numbers say

    I got fitted there and changed my putter specs. It didn’t work out so I went back to the specs that I got from Bettinardi when they fitted me and made my putter. Started putting much better again.

    It’s not a be all or end all. However ... it shows you what you are doing instead of guessing.

    Fittings are only as good as your fitter. Not knocking Nick— but all Bettinardi does is putters (besides some wedges and golf swag)

    Agreed. We’ve even discussed perhaps SAM putting may not be the best vehicle and perhaps there are others. I can’t remember the name but there’s one putting system that is like $30k and uses a bunch of lights to watch the ball and see how it rolls. Apparently the Golf Doctor in DC has it.

    Posted:
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83 Members  15786WRX Points: 782Posts: 15,786 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16286

    On -, @gsrjc said:

    On -, @misplacedtexan83 said:

    On -, @gsrjc said:

    On -, @misplacedtexan83 said:

    On -, @dcmidnight said:

    On -, @TheCityGame said:

    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Some of the same people I've seen gripe about me Fabb changing putters so often are the same people I've seen change their brand/model of golf ball in the middle of a round.

    There's also the unspoken assumption that not changing putters makes you a better putter. I strongly disagree with that. Despite his online fake-griping, Fabb is a top tier putter, no doubt in my mind about that. Him changing putters has absolutely no affect on his ability to putt.

    One of the only weakness in his game, no?

    Go get fitted by club champion Fabb and see what the numbers say

    I got fitted there and changed my putter specs. It didn’t work out so I went back to the specs that I got from Bettinardi when they fitted me and made my putter. Started putting much better again.

    It’s not a be all or end all. However ... it shows you what you are doing instead of guessing.

    Fittings are only as good as your fitter. Not knocking Nick— but all Bettinardi does is putters (besides some wedges and golf swag)

    Agreed. We’ve even discussed perhaps SAM putting may not be the best vehicle and perhaps there are others. I can’t remember the name but there’s one putting system that is like $30k and uses a bunch of lights to watch the ball and see how it rolls. Apparently the Golf Doctor in DC has it.

    Sam is one of the best but the sensor has to be installed the same time every time.

    Also 7 putts is not enough to truly gauge.

    However.. for me I just reconfirmed what i already knew. Fitting recommended the same spec i had years ago.

    Knowledge is power and if you don’t know what you do consistently or not.. it’s hard for you to know what’s best or in the ball park for you

    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik SZ *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
    protos F4

    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • willboyrdwillboyrd Members  1234WRX Points: 324Posts: 1,234 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16287

    On -, @SullGolf said:

    Don’t be angry willboyrd. You just have to learn where to miss on that hole. It will come when you have as much experience as me.

    Thank you for not outing my identity.

    Posted:
    G410 12* Tensei Pro Orange 60S
    Epic Flash SZ 15* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Epic Flash SZ 18* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Rogue 21* 4h Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Rogue Pro 5-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    CBX2 50, 56(bent to 55) DG TI S400
    CBX Full Face 60 DG TI S400
    Fastback 2 33'' Winn DriTac AVS Midsize grip

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • endlesswintercoendlesswinterco Members  1890WRX Points: 300Posts: 1,890 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16288

    Same putter since 2012 for me. Even bought a backup in silver. Take it from me, who averages 33.3 putts per round... HAHA. One thing I’ve never thought about changing is my putter. Got fitted and it’s worked for me. Just need to learn how to putt now! And stop missing it low like City was yelling at me about.

    Posted:
  • gsrjcgsrjc TOC Members  1927WRX Points: 616Posts: 1,927 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16289

    Have folks changed their grip instead of their putters to see what has happened? I went left hand low and it made my putting stroke much better and more consistent.

    Posted:
  • OcgolfrickOcgolfrick Members  1780WRX Points: 1,319Posts: 1,780 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16290

    Oil Baron and Augusta member T. Boone Pickens died today. I first heard of him on WRX. When I first joined the site there was this thread that was a fantastic follow, in which a guy who attended some conference where T. Boone Pickens spoke every year devised a plan in which he was going to corner T. Boone in an elevator and beg him to invite him to Augusta. I think the thread was closed, but half the people were telling him not to do it and the other half were telling him "Hey, you'll never take the prettiest girl to the dance if you don't ask her!" I think it never came to fruition, but if it did I hope someone videotaped it.
    Also it made me hope that Slim Pickens (Dr. Strangelove, Blazing Saddles) and T. Boone were the same person, but alas, no.

    Posted:
    Hive Tour Titles: 0
    Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
    Suck it, Ceejay.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • willboyrdwillboyrd Members  1234WRX Points: 324Posts: 1,234 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16291

    On -, @gsrjc said:

    Have folks changed their grip instead of their putters to see what has happened? I went left hand low and it made my putting stroke much better and more consistent.

    Yeah, I have been experimenting with a claw/pencil hybrid grip that past few weeks. Certainly hasn't had any effect on my total putt numbers but that stat is almost useless anyways.

    Posted:
    G410 12* Tensei Pro Orange 60S
    Epic Flash SZ 15* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Epic Flash SZ 18* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Rogue 21* 4h Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Rogue Pro 5-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    CBX2 50, 56(bent to 55) DG TI S400
    CBX Full Face 60 DG TI S400
    Fastback 2 33'' Winn DriTac AVS Midsize grip

772

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.