2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Ashkay Bhatia - Callaway

MakersMarsh3

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > @YoungJedi said:

> > > @dmecca2 said:

> > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > Full bag? There goes his career, just like Hovland and ping...

> > > >

> > >

> > > Pretty bad take here. Hovland has been playing amazing and his strokes gained off the tee numbers with the Ping were on par with Rory's.

> >

> > Not to mention his strokes gained approach. They didn’t count, as he wasn’t a member...but had they counted he would have been ranked 3rd in SG approach.

> >

> > Led field on off the tee handful of times as well

>

> I’m all in on Hovland, but please don’t compare his stats during the birdie fest stretch of events he played in to the yearlong resume of Rory

> Please and thank you

US open and The Masters are considered Birdie Fests? Lol

• Like 2

> @YoungJedi said:

> > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > @dmecca2 said:

> > > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > > Full bag? There goes his career, just like Hovland and ping...

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Pretty bad take here. Hovland has been playing amazing and his strokes gained off the tee numbers with the Ping were on par with Rory's.

> > >

> > > Not to mention his strokes gained approach. They didn’t count, as he wasn’t a member...but had they counted he would have been ranked 3rd in SG approach.

> > >

> > > Led field on off the tee handful of times as well

> >

> > I’m all in on Hovland, but please don’t compare his stats during the birdie fest stretch of events he played in to the yearlong resume of Rory

> > Please and thank you

>

> US open and The Masters are considered Birdie Fests? Lol

All the stats you pimped were from after, he did great off the tee at Pebble for sure, but don't think he hit a ton of drivers

A bulk of his starts are from a run of easier events, it's just the truth

Doesn't mean he's not awesome, just don't think the Rory comparison is there yet

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > @YoungJedi said:

> > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > > @dmecca2 said:

> > > > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > > > Full bag? There goes his career, just like Hovland and ping...

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Pretty bad take here. Hovland has been playing amazing and his strokes gained off the tee numbers with the Ping were on par with Rory's.

> > > >

> > > > Not to mention his strokes gained approach. They didn’t count, as he wasn’t a member...but had they counted he would have been ranked 3rd in SG approach.

> > > >

> > > > Led field on off the tee handful of times as well

> > >

> > > I’m all in on Hovland, but please don’t compare his stats during the birdie fest stretch of events he played in to the yearlong resume of Rory

> > > Please and thank you

> >

> > US open and The Masters are considered Birdie Fests? Lol

>

> All the stats you pimped were from after, he did great off the tee at Pebble for sure, but don't think he hit a ton of drivers

> A bulk of his starts are from a run of easier events, it's just the truth

> Doesn't mean he's not awesome, just don't think the Rory comparison is there yet

Yea wasn’t meaning to compare him to Rory, rather disprove the guy who basically said Hovland is trash. Lol

• Like 1

> @YoungJedi said:

> > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > > > @dmecca2 said:

> > > > > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > > > > Full bag? There goes his career, just like Hovland and ping...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Pretty bad take here. Hovland has been playing amazing and his strokes gained off the tee numbers with the Ping were on par with Rory's.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not to mention his strokes gained approach. They didn’t count, as he wasn’t a member...but had they counted he would have been ranked 3rd in SG approach.

> > > > >

> > > > > Led field on off the tee handful of times as well

> > > >

> > > > I’m all in on Hovland, but please don’t compare his stats during the birdie fest stretch of events he played in to the yearlong resume of Rory

> > > > Please and thank you

> > >

> > > US open and The Masters are considered Birdie Fests? Lol

> >

> > All the stats you pimped were from after, he did great off the tee at Pebble for sure, but don't think he hit a ton of drivers

> > A bulk of his starts are from a run of easier events, it's just the truth

> > Doesn't mean he's not awesome, just don't think the Rory comparison is there yet

>

> Yea wasn’t meaning to compare him to Rory, rather disprove the guy who basically said Hovland is trash. Lol

I didnt say he was trash. I said player signing full bags is the majority of the time a death knell for their game because no one manufacturer makes the best everything in the bag. Sure some players are good enough to make-do, but most arent. 'Trash' is your wording, not mine.

Sure, Hovland took the money from ping and ran before even getting on tour...good for him I guess.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

> @third-times-a-charm said:

> > @YoungJedi said:

> > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > > > > @dmecca2 said:

> > > > > > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > > > > > Full bag? There goes his career, just like Hovland and ping...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Pretty bad take here. Hovland has been playing amazing and his strokes gained off the tee numbers with the Ping were on par with Rory's.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not to mention his strokes gained approach. They didn’t count, as he wasn’t a member...but had they counted he would have been ranked 3rd in SG approach.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Led field on off the tee handful of times as well

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m all in on Hovland, but please don’t compare his stats during the birdie fest stretch of events he played in to the yearlong resume of Rory

> > > > > Please and thank you

> > > >

> > > > US open and The Masters are considered Birdie Fests? Lol

> > >

> > > All the stats you pimped were from after, he did great off the tee at Pebble for sure, but don't think he hit a ton of drivers

> > > A bulk of his starts are from a run of easier events, it's just the truth

> > > Doesn't mean he's not awesome, just don't think the Rory comparison is there yet

> >

> > Yea wasn’t meaning to compare him to Rory, rather disprove the guy who basically said Hovland is trash. Lol

>

> I didnt say he was trash. I said player signing full bags is the majority of the time a death knell for their game because no one manufacturer makes the best everything in the bag. Sure some players are good enough to make-do, but most arent. 'Trash' is your wording, not mine.

>

> Sure, Hovland took the money from ping and ran before even getting on tour...good for him I guess.

You implied his career was failing because of his switch, which is far from the truth. While I agree full bag switches usually aren't great for the player, your example was a bad one.

• Like 1

> @ASN21 said:

> > @Jigga said:

> > > @ASN21 said:

> > > I kinda got a bad vibe from him but supported him because he was a TaylorMade guy but now....no reason to root for this guy haha.

> >

> > What bad vibe?

> >

> Nothing wrong with having confidence but this guy hasn’t done anything yet to be as cocky as he is.

>

All of the below before he would have even enrolled in college...pretty healthy resume for a kid who doesn't turn 18 until January 31, 2020.

------------------------------------

2019 Walker Cup team member (2-1 overall, won in singles)

No. 5 in World Amateur Golf Ranking

Runner-up in 2018 U.S. Junior Amateur at Baltusrol Golf Club, losing, 1 down, to Michael Thorbjornsen in 36-hole final

Advanced to the Round of 32 in 2019 U.S. Amateur at Pinehurst

2019 Jones Cup champion

2018 American Junior Golf Association Player of the Year

2018 Sage Valley Junior Invitational champion

2018 Polo Junior Golf Classic champion

2017 and 2018 Boys Junior PGA Championship winner

Member of victorious 2017 USA Junior Ryder Cup Team

Competed in PGA Tour’s 2019 Valspar Championship

Made 36-hole cut in Korn Ferry Tour’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail Championship (T-42)

Lost in 19 holes in Round of 64 of 2018 U.S. Amateur at Pebble Beach

• Like 2

> @"Dr. Bombay" said:

> > @ASN21 said:

> > > @Jigga said:

> > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > I kinda got a bad vibe from him but supported him because he was a TaylorMade guy but now....no reason to root for this guy haha.

> > >

> > > What bad vibe?

> > >

> > Nothing wrong with having confidence but this guy hasn’t done anything yet to be as cocky as he is.

> >

> All of the below before he would have even enrolled in college...pretty healthy resume for a kid who doesn't turn 18 until January 31, 2020.

> ------------------------------------

> 2019 Walker Cup team member (2-1 overall, won in singles)

> No. 5 in World Amateur Golf Ranking

> Runner-up in 2018 U.S. Junior Amateur at Baltusrol Golf Club, losing, 1 down, to Michael Thorbjornsen in 36-hole final

> Advanced to the Round of 32 in 2019 U.S. Amateur at Pinehurst

> 2019 Jones Cup champion

> 2018 American Junior Golf Association Player of the Year

> 2018 Sage Valley Junior Invitational champion

> 2018 Polo Junior Golf Classic champion

> 2017 and 2018 Boys Junior PGA Championship winner

> Member of victorious 2017 USA Junior Ryder Cup Team

> Competed in PGA Tour’s 2019 Valspar Championship

> Made 36-hole cut in Korn Ferry Tour’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail Championship (T-42)

> Lost in 19 holes in Round of 64 of 2018 U.S. Amateur at Pebble Beach

>

>

Color me unimpressed.

> @musclefront said:

> Think he’s gonna struggle. Skipping college rarely works out as you get competitive D1 reps every day plus learn how to be social and an adult. Not to mention free education and mentoring from your coaches. Kinda doesn’t make sense skipping to me considering all the benefits. It’s not like b-ball or football where an injury can ruin your career early (generally).

Bhatia has played an international schedule for for a couple of years now. For him there is nothing to be learned from schlepping around in a van with a bunch of guys who aren't as good as him.

#5 amateur in the world at age 17...time to move up.

(FYI...not sure why I'm getting all these different fonts, bold, etc)

• Like 1

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> I guess Callaway has had a bad run with their real good ams....

> Lee McCoy, Norman Xiong

> Sam Burns, Mav, Ollie are underachieving

> I don't think any are paying off like they thought they would or wanted

>

Yeah it's been almost the kiss of death for a top amateur to sign with them. Xander is probably the only somewhat household name and strangely he wasn't nearly as hyped coming out of college or am ranks.

One observation on TaylorMade....

....the company is currently owned by the private equity firm KPS Capital Partners.

When KPS bought the company in 2017 TaylorMade was losing upwards of $100,000,000 per year. The private equity guys have two goals, (i) straighten out the financials and get TM profitable again, and (ii) then sell it for more than they paid for it.

All the tee-up money and endless staff deals went out the window when the new owners took over....nothing but whales now. Tour staff consists of Tiger Woods, Rickie Fowler, Dustin Johnson, Jason Day, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm, Sung Hyun Park....and now Wolff. If Bhatia was even offered a deal it probably wasn't much to write home about. Hovland played TM as an amateur too but switched to Ping when he turned pro.

> @ASN21 said:

> > @"Dr. Bombay" said:

> > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > @Jigga said:

> > > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > > I kinda got a bad vibe from him but supported him because he was a TaylorMade guy but now....no reason to root for this guy haha.

> > > >

> > > > What bad vibe?

> > > >

> > > Nothing wrong with having confidence but this guy hasn’t done anything yet to be as cocky as he is.

> > >

> > All of the below before he would have even enrolled in college...pretty healthy resume for a kid who doesn't turn 18 until January 31, 2020.

> > ------------------------------------

> > 2019 Walker Cup team member (2-1 overall, won in singles)

> > No. 5 in World Amateur Golf Ranking

> > Runner-up in 2018 U.S. Junior Amateur at Baltusrol Golf Club, losing, 1 down, to Michael Thorbjornsen in 36-hole final

> > Advanced to the Round of 32 in 2019 U.S. Amateur at Pinehurst

> > 2019 Jones Cup champion

> > 2018 American Junior Golf Association Player of the Year

> > 2018 Sage Valley Junior Invitational champion

> > 2018 Polo Junior Golf Classic champion

> > 2017 and 2018 Boys Junior PGA Championship winner

> > Member of victorious 2017 USA Junior Ryder Cup Team

> > Competed in PGA Tour’s 2019 Valspar Championship

> > Made 36-hole cut in Korn Ferry Tour’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail Championship (T-42)

> > Lost in 19 holes in Round of 64 of 2018 U.S. Amateur at Pebble Beach

> >

> >

>

> Color me unimpressed.

Assuming you are not kidding (surely you are)....

....whose resume resume at age 17 would you cite as having impressed you?

• Like 1

> @"Dr. Bombay" said:

> > @ASN21 said:

> > > @"Dr. Bombay" said:

> > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > > @Jigga said:

> > > > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > > > I kinda got a bad vibe from him but supported him because he was a TaylorMade guy but now....no reason to root for this guy haha.

> > > > >

> > > > > What bad vibe?

> > > > >

> > > > Nothing wrong with having confidence but this guy hasn’t done anything yet to be as cocky as he is.

> > > >

> > > All of the below before he would have even enrolled in college...pretty healthy resume for a kid who doesn't turn 18 until January 31, 2020.

> > > ------------------------------------

> > > 2019 Walker Cup team member (2-1 overall, won in singles)

> > > No. 5 in World Amateur Golf Ranking

> > > Runner-up in 2018 U.S. Junior Amateur at Baltusrol Golf Club, losing, 1 down, to Michael Thorbjornsen in 36-hole final

> > > Advanced to the Round of 32 in 2019 U.S. Amateur at Pinehurst

> > > 2019 Jones Cup champion

> > > 2018 American Junior Golf Association Player of the Year

> > > 2018 Sage Valley Junior Invitational champion

> > > 2018 Polo Junior Golf Classic champion

> > > 2017 and 2018 Boys Junior PGA Championship winner

> > > Member of victorious 2017 USA Junior Ryder Cup Team

> > > Competed in PGA Tour’s 2019 Valspar Championship

> > > Made 36-hole cut in Korn Ferry Tour’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail Championship (T-42)

> > > Lost in 19 holes in Round of 64 of 2018 U.S. Amateur at Pebble Beach

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Color me unimpressed.

>

> Assuming you are not kidding (surely you are)....

> ....whose resume resume at age 17 would you cite as having impressed you?

Get back to me when he does something of substance on the PGA tour. Everything else before is for nothing if you can't ball on the main stage.

> @ASN21 said:

> > @"Dr. Bombay" said:

> > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > @"Dr. Bombay" said:

> > > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > > > @Jigga said:

> > > > > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > > > > I kinda got a bad vibe from him but supported him because he was a TaylorMade guy but now....no reason to root for this guy haha.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What bad vibe?

> > > > > >

> > > > > Nothing wrong with having confidence but this guy hasn’t done anything yet to be as cocky as he is.

> > > > >

> > > > All of the below before he would have even enrolled in college...pretty healthy resume for a kid who doesn't turn 18 until January 31, 2020.

> > > > ------------------------------------

> > > > 2019 Walker Cup team member (2-1 overall, won in singles)

> > > > No. 5 in World Amateur Golf Ranking

> > > > Runner-up in 2018 U.S. Junior Amateur at Baltusrol Golf Club, losing, 1 down, to Michael Thorbjornsen in 36-hole final

> > > > Advanced to the Round of 32 in 2019 U.S. Amateur at Pinehurst

> > > > 2019 Jones Cup champion

> > > > 2018 American Junior Golf Association Player of the Year

> > > > 2018 Sage Valley Junior Invitational champion

> > > > 2018 Polo Junior Golf Classic champion

> > > > 2017 and 2018 Boys Junior PGA Championship winner

> > > > Member of victorious 2017 USA Junior Ryder Cup Team

> > > > Competed in PGA Tour’s 2019 Valspar Championship

> > > > Made 36-hole cut in Korn Ferry Tour’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail Championship (T-42)

> > > > Lost in 19 holes in Round of 64 of 2018 U.S. Amateur at Pebble Beach

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Color me unimpressed.

> >

> > Assuming you are not kidding (surely you are)....

> > ....whose resume resume at age 17 would you cite as having impressed you?

> Get back to me when he does something of substance on the PGA tour. Everything else before is for nothing if you can't ball on the main stage.

>

Did Jay Sigel impress you? Ever heard of him?

• Like 1

> @Springbok45 said:

> > Hovland played TM as an amateur too but switched to Ping when he turned pro.

> He played Ping through college, so not quite accurate

>

This is 100% wrong

Was a full TM bag until the US Open

Only non TM club he gamed was a Callaway Utility that I'm pretty sure he stole from Bachou

He was still paying the TM wedges and putter as well on Tour

• Like 1

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > @Springbok45 said:

> > > Hovland played TM as an amateur too but switched to Ping when he turned pro.

> > He played Ping through college, so not quite accurate

> >

>

> This is 100% wrong

> Was a full TM bag until the US Open

> Only non TM club he gamed was a Callaway Utility that I'm pretty sure he stole from Bachou

> He was still paying the TM wedges and putter as well on Tour

Yup sand wasn’t until a meeting at the masters in the tour truck that led to the switch

• Like 2

> @Springbok45 said:

> > Hovland played TM as an amateur too but switched to Ping when he turned pro.

> He played Ping through college, so not quite accurate

>

Hovland said signing a deal that did not include the ball helped with his decision. "Not having to change the ball made the change easier for sure," he said. "_**TaylorMade _[Hovland played TaylorMade clubs earlier in the year_] would have been all 14 clubs plus the ball. So while with Ping I have to change some equipment, I liked the idea of 11 clubs and being able to stay with the Titleist ball I had been playing. Plus I have the opportunity to have three other clubs and I like that leeway.**_"

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/viktor-hovland-matthew-wolff-turn-pro-at-travelers-championship-and-immediately-cash-in-with-equipment-deals

When nut-cutting time arrived sure sounds like he had a lot of TaylorMade clubs in the bag and zero Ping clubs.

Further backing that up:

**_What was the transition like going from TaylorMade to Ping equipment?

Viktor Hovland: It wasn’t all that complicated. It was more just taking a few clubs out and trying to match them to the specs of my previous TaylorMade._**

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/viktor-hovland-matthew-wolff-turn-pro-at-travelers-championship-and-immediately-cash-in-with-equipment-deals

Seen no evidence he ever played bagged Ping in college. When he won US Am appears he had a full bag of TM clubs: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1682080/hovland-witb

> @snizzle said:

> > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > I guess Callaway has had a bad run with their real good ams....

> > Lee McCoy, Norman Xiong

> > Sam Burns, Mav, Ollie are underachieving

> > I don't think any are paying off like they thought they would or wanted

> >

>

> Yeah it's been almost the kiss of death for a top amateur to sign with them. Xander is probably the only somewhat household name and strangely he wasn't nearly as hyped coming out of college or am ranks.

Xander played TM clubs before he signed with Callaway.

• Like 2

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > @Springbok45 said:

> > > > Hovland played TM as an amateur too but switched to Ping when he turned pro.

> > > He played Ping through college, so not quite accurate

> > >

> >

> > This is 100% wrong

> > Was a full TM bag until the US Open

> > Only non TM club he gamed was a Callaway Utility that I'm pretty sure he stole from Bachou

> > He was still paying the TM wedges and putter as well on Tour

>

> Yup sand wasn’t until a meeting at the masters in the tour truck that led to the switch

Correct. Here is the Masters story.

https://www.golf.com/gear/pros-bags/2019/06/19/ping-signs-viktor-hovland-masters-meeting/

Great pickup for Callaway. He's going to be a big-time player on tour.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I am confused by the negativity toward the kid and callaway. Where is this coming from?? Do people not want him to be successful? Why does it matter who he decides to sign a equipment deal with? If I had the skill to play on the PGA tour. I would sign with whoever paid the most. All the OEMs are able to produce wonderful high quality equipment that fits me. So it really does not matter which it is.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> I am confused by the negativity toward the kid and callaway. Where is this coming from?? Do people not want him to be successful? Why does it matter who he decides to sign a equipment deal with? If I had the skill to play on the PGA tour. I would sign with whoever paid the most. All the OEMs are able to produce wonderful high quality equipment that fits me. So it really does not matter which it is.

For some odd reason they want everyone to go to TM and if they don't it's only because another company threw a ton of money at them. The irony is TM is the company that throws all the money at people hence they have TIger, Rory, DJ, ect... Companies like Ping and Callaway sit back and have less big name players but lead in sales.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > I am confused by the negativity toward the kid and callaway. Where is this coming from?? Do people not want him to be successful? Why does it matter who he decides to sign a equipment deal with? If I had the skill to play on the PGA tour. I would sign with whoever paid the most. All the OEMs are able to produce wonderful high quality equipment that fits me. So it really does not matter which it is.

>

> For some odd reason they want everyone to go to TM and if they don't it's only because another company threw a ton of money at them. The irony is TM is the company that throws all the money at people hence they have TIger, Rory, DJ, ect... Companies like Ping and Callaway sit back and have less big name players but lead in sales.

I don’t think people expect everyone to go to TM. Just more so the fact that he’s had a what seemed to be great relationship with them for a long time, so it was a bit of a shock to see him switch all of he sudden a month before he turns pro.

These OEMs work so diligently with these elite kids when they’re young. Not many of them make it this far. So it’s rare they actually capitalize.

Same way it would be weird to see a kid in the Ping program his whole life sign with Callaway

TM definitely pay their tops guys a ton. But those guys are marketing giants imo. I guess it’s why they’re not able to pony up the $ for all their young guns. I think overpaying for Wolff set the market and lost them some chances as well. So unfortunately it was most likely about $

> @J13 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > I am confused by the negativity toward the kid and callaway. Where is this coming from?? Do people not want him to be successful? Why does it matter who he decides to sign a equipment deal with? If I had the skill to play on the PGA tour. I would sign with whoever paid the most. All the OEMs are able to produce wonderful high quality equipment that fits me. So it really does not matter which it is.

>

> For some odd reason they want everyone to go to TM and if they don't it's only because another company threw a ton of money at them. The irony is TM is the company that throws all the money at people hence they have TIger, Rory, DJ, ect... Companies like Ping and Callaway sit back and have less big name players but lead in sales.

Yeah, I don't understand it. Taylormade has put out some great equipment the past few years. But how many am stick to what they were playing before hitting the big stage? I feel like it is mainly the titleist kids that hang on. The rest are hit or miss.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

And then there’s the dude who made more than anyone else playing whatever the fuck he wants. Bag deals are going the way of the typewriter imo.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9.5* - Ventus TR Red 6x
Callaway Paradym 3w (@ 16*) - Ventus TR Red 7x
Callaway Paradym 7w (21*) - Ventus TR Red 8x
Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) - KBS Tour V 120x
Vokey SM8 Raw 52F,56D,60M - TI S400 
Odyssey 2-ball OG / Bettinardi DASS BBZero Flow / many more...

Lefty

> @ASN21 said:

> > @"Dr. Bombay" said:

> > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > @"Dr. Bombay" said:

> > > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > > > @Jigga said:

> > > > > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > > > > I kinda got a bad vibe from him but supported him because he was a TaylorMade guy but now....no reason to root for this guy haha.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What bad vibe?

> > > > > >

> > > > > Nothing wrong with having confidence but this guy hasn’t done anything yet to be as cocky as he is.

> > > > >

> > > > All of the below before he would have even enrolled in college...pretty healthy resume for a kid who doesn't turn 18 until January 31, 2020.

> > > > ------------------------------------

> > > > 2019 Walker Cup team member (2-1 overall, won in singles)

> > > > No. 5 in World Amateur Golf Ranking

> > > > Runner-up in 2018 U.S. Junior Amateur at Baltusrol Golf Club, losing, 1 down, to Michael Thorbjornsen in 36-hole final

> > > > Advanced to the Round of 32 in 2019 U.S. Amateur at Pinehurst

> > > > 2019 Jones Cup champion

> > > > 2018 American Junior Golf Association Player of the Year

> > > > 2018 Sage Valley Junior Invitational champion

> > > > 2018 Polo Junior Golf Classic champion

> > > > 2017 and 2018 Boys Junior PGA Championship winner

> > > > Member of victorious 2017 USA Junior Ryder Cup Team

> > > > Competed in PGA Tour’s 2019 Valspar Championship

> > > > Made 36-hole cut in Korn Ferry Tour’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail Championship (T-42)

> > > > Lost in 19 holes in Round of 64 of 2018 U.S. Amateur at Pebble Beach

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Color me unimpressed.

> >

> > Assuming you are not kidding (surely you are)....

> > ....whose resume resume at age 17 would you cite as having impressed you?

> Get back to me when he does something of substance on the PGA tour. Everything else before is for nothing if you can't ball on the main stage.

>

yikes man. the kid is 17 years old. give your head a shake... are you really that mad at a kid for not playing your favorite brand anymore?

• Like 2