Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

1540541543545546588
588

Comments

  • gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016  3053Posted: Members Posts: 3,053
    Joined:  #16262

    @2moreTerps said:
    can you list the really good putters you know who change their putter every month? i'm not being sarcastic. it's an actual question

    last week i was talking to a guy who i consider to be a very good putter. he's a better putter than i am. this guy changes clubs a lot and likes new stuff. he has used the same putter for more than 10 years.

    Stop making sense!
    It's got to be the putter, It's got to be the putter, It's got to be the putter, It's got to be the putter, It's got to be the putter........

    I've used the same putter for almost a month (I haven't played in 3 weeks)

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • 2moreTerps2moreTerps  1590Posted: Members Posts: 1,590
    Joined:  #16263

    @FAbb said:
    I'm not advocating that changing a lot is good lol. There's really no question I'd be better off sticking to a single putter indefinitely. Will I? Very unlikely.

    why? you really care about golf. why would you knowingly do something that is detrimental to your game

    Posted:
  • gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016  3053Posted: Members Posts: 3,053
    Joined:  #16264

    I assume you have been using the same putter for a while. Serious question - Do you ever feel the need to look at something else. Every once in a while a putter will just not look right, and I want a different look or feel. It might only be a few rounds or it might be a couple of months, and I'll go back to my old one.
    I love trying different styles/weights/grips etc. I mostly use the same 3 or 4 putters from the past 6-7 years. I'll throw a new one in the bag, but it usually doesn't last long

    Posted:
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83  15570Posted: Members Posts: 15,570
    Joined:  #16265

    @2moreTerps said:
    can you list the really good putters you know who change their putter every month? i'm not being sarcastic. it's an actual question

    last week i was talking to a guy who i consider to be a very good putter. he's a better putter than i am. this guy changes clubs a lot and likes new stuff. he has used the same putter for more than> @2moreTerps said:

    @FAbb said:
    I'm not advocating that changing a lot is good lol. There's really no question I'd be better off sticking to a single putter indefinitely. Will I? Very unlikely.

    why? you really care about golf. why would you knowingly do something that is detrimental to your game

    I feel the same about not being fitted

    I bought an expensive putter to match my specs because I don’t change. Only club we use every hole.

    But I do have another one coming.. it was a gift. I’ll mess around with it—- caveat is — it matches my specs.

    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ  *9.0 w/ UST Helium 6F4 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *15 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *18 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway Tactical Wedges 50S & 54S & 58W w/ True Temper S200
    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • 2moreTerps2moreTerps  1590Posted: Members Posts: 1,590
    Joined:  #16266

    no. i really don't feel a need or desire to look at something else. the scottie that JT uses is beautiful. when i go to second swing i hit some putts with it. but i've never given any consideration to purchasing one.

    i used a two ball putter for years. then when my back was giving me trouble i switched to a counter balanced putter and held it at the end. that's far from ideal. i used two putters in that stage. when i decided to go back to a regular length putter a couple years ago i got another two ball putter. that's the 2moreTerps putter change history from something like 2006 until now

    i'm also naturally change averse.

    Posted:
  • FAbbFAbb  16293Posted: Members Posts: 16,293
    Joined:  #16267

    @2moreTerps said:

    @FAbb said:
    I'm not advocating that changing a lot is good lol. There's really no question I'd be better off sticking to a single putter indefinitely. Will I? Very unlikely.

    why? you really care about golf. why would you knowingly do something that is detrimental to your game

    Why do people that really care about their lives do things that are inherently risky? I'd say it's because they derive some joy from those things.

    I'm not a golf robot, programmed to do nothing but optimize. I like messing around with stuff.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83  15570Posted: Members Posts: 15,570
    Joined:  #16269

    @FAbb said:

    @2moreTerps said:

    @FAbb said:
    I'm not advocating that changing a lot is good lol. There's really no question I'd be better off sticking to a single putter indefinitely. Will I? Very unlikely.

    why? you really care about golf. why would you knowingly do something that is detrimental to your game

    Why do people that really care about their lives do things that are inherently risky? I'd say it's because they derive some joy from those things.

    I'm not a golf robot, programmed to do nothing but optimize. I like messing around with stuff.

    The same could be said about how people choose to play golf (their way)

    Yet questions, statements, etc get passed onto them — warranted or not.

    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ  *9.0 w/ UST Helium 6F4 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *15 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *18 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway Tactical Wedges 50S & 54S & 58W w/ True Temper S200
    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • TheCityGameTheCityGame Traj like Minaj  15946Posted: Members Posts: 15,946
    Joined:  #16270

    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 MAX 10.5º XTORSION Copper 60
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Sauce : tour
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 60º/04º
    Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

    Oncore Elixir
  • FAbbFAbb  16293Posted: Members Posts: 16,293
    Joined:  #16271

    That's fair.

    I'm open to changing it. I'm sorta working on changing it. The Spider X isn't coming out of the bag, unless I find something that's definitively better. I'm spending 95% of my time on the course, and in practice with my current putter. I can't imagine that 5% I'm messing with something else, or changing the grip makes any difference in my putting results on the whole. I don't feel like cutting out that 5% will change anything. Maybe I'm wrong.

    Posted:
  • gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016  3053Posted: Members Posts: 3,053
    Joined:  edited Sep 11, 2019 3:03pm #16272

    @2moreTerps said:
    no. i really don't feel a need or desire to look at something else. the scottie that JT uses is beautiful. when i go to second swing i hit some putts with it. but i've never given any consideration to purchasing one.

    i used a two ball putter for years. then when my back was giving me trouble i switched to a counter balanced putter and held it at the end. that's far from ideal. i used two putters in that stage. when i decided to go back to a regular length putter a couple years ago i got another two ball putter. that's the 2moreTerps putter change history from something like 2006 until now

    i'm also naturally change averse.

    That is impressive. Unfortunately, my attention span isn't that long. I have had long periods with the same putter, and several periods of putter schizophrenia and get a little carried away with changing. Then I will have another putter purge and get back down to 3-4. I like the looks of a blade, so I keep going back to that style. That said, I also have a mallet that I will switch out when warrented.
    But, like Tex, all the same specs (length and lie angle). Different grips for different feel

    Posted:
    Post edited by gregh729 on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83  15570Posted: Members Posts: 15,570
    Joined:  #16273

    Well said City

    Heading to Aslin in Alexandria for any Dc, va workers they want to take a long lunch

    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ  *9.0 w/ UST Helium 6F4 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *15 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *18 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway Tactical Wedges 50S & 54S & 58W w/ True Temper S200
    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche  11750Posted: Members Posts: 11,750
    Joined:  #16274

    @gregh729 said:
    I assume you have been using the same putter for a while. Serious question - Do you ever feel the need to look at something else. Every once in a while a putter will just not look right, and I want a different look or feel. It might only be a few rounds or it might be a couple of months, and I'll go back to my old one.
    I love trying different styles/weights/grips etc. I mostly use the same 3 or 4 putters from the past 6-7 years. I'll throw a new one in the bag, but it usually doesn't last long

    Yes, but far between. My Piretti has been the basis putter for ~8 years, and I've only tried maybe 2 other putters. What I don't change is the headweight, grip/size, length, or counterweight that I use in that setup. Every trial putter needs to meet those exact specs before getting a run.

    Posted:
    M5 9.0°, 757  TR
    Steelhead XR 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

    X Forged '18  5-P, PX 6.5
    MD Forged 50/54/58
    SM6 62M

    Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT 11s
    Tour BX



  • dcmidnightdcmidnight  12272Posted: Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 12,272
    Joined:  #16275

    @TheCityGame said:
    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Some of the same people I've seen gripe about me Fabb changing putters so often are the same people I've seen change their brand/model of golf ball in the middle of a round.

    There's also the unspoken assumption that not changing putters makes you a better putter. I strongly disagree with that. Despite his online fake-griping, Fabb is a top tier putter, no doubt in my mind about that. Him changing putters has absolutely no affect on his ability to putt.

    Posted:
    M3 12* - Aldila Rogue Elite Green 65x
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Yes Callie i4 35" / Chromesoft Truvis
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83  15570Posted: Members Posts: 15,570
    Joined:  #16276

    @dcmidnight said:

    @TheCityGame said:
    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Some of the same people I've seen gripe about me Fabb changing putters so often are the same people I've seen change their brand/model of golf ball in the middle of a round.

    There's also the unspoken assumption that not changing putters makes you a better putter. I strongly disagree with that. Despite his online fake-griping, Fabb is a top tier putter, no doubt in my mind about that. Him changing putters has absolutely no affect on his ability to putt.

    One of the only weakness in his game, no?

    Go get fitted by club champion Fabb and see what the numbers say

    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ  *9.0 w/ UST Helium 6F4 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *15 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *18 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway Tactical Wedges 50S & 54S & 58W w/ True Temper S200
    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight  12272Posted: Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 12,272
    Joined:  #16277

    Statistically you would need a ton of trials to "prove" one side or the other. But I bet if Fabb played a whole year with the same putter and played another year switching every month - his putting stats would look relatively the same.

    Posted:
    M3 12* - Aldila Rogue Elite Green 65x
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Yes Callie i4 35" / Chromesoft Truvis
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83  15570Posted: Members Posts: 15,570
    Joined:  #16278

    @dcmidnight said:
    Statistically you would need a ton of trials to "prove" one side or the other. But I bet if Fabb played a whole year with the same putter and played another year switching every month - his putting stats would look relatively the same.

    I look at it as one of those that it might not hurt and maybe help.

    But i believe he was on Sam machine before his pro buddy sold his ..

    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ  *9.0 w/ UST Helium 6F4 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *15 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *18 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway Tactical Wedges 50S & 54S & 58W w/ True Temper S200
    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • FAbbFAbb  16293Posted: Members Posts: 16,293
    Joined:  #16279

    @TheCityGame said:
    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Also, and you know this, it's not remotely accurate to insinuate that I'm griping about my putting but am unwilling to do anything about it.

    I've worked A TON on my putting this year. I'll potentially clip 40 rounds this handicap season, and I've been practicing putting outside one day a week pretty consistently. Those are both marked increases from the past several years. I putt inside easily 4x/week. I've done work with a putting coach to solidify my stroke. I've done a lot to improve the way I practice. I've talked with good putters I know about their approach - how they assess line/speed, routine, things they practice, etc.

    Posted:
  • gsrjcgsrjc TOC  1607Posted: Members Posts: 1,607
    Joined:  edited Sep 11, 2019 6:57pm #16281

    @misplacedtexan83 said:

    @dcmidnight said:

    @TheCityGame said:
    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Some of the same people I've seen gripe about me Fabb changing putters so often are the same people I've seen change their brand/model of golf ball in the middle of a round.

    There's also the unspoken assumption that not changing putters makes you a better putter. I strongly disagree with that. Despite his online fake-griping, Fabb is a top tier putter, no doubt in my mind about that. Him changing putters has absolutely no affect on his ability to putt.

    One of the only weakness in his game, no?

    Go get fitted by club champion Fabb and see what the numbers say

    I got fitted there and changed my putter specs. It didn’t work out so I went back to the specs that I got from Bettinardi when they fitted me and made my putter. Started putting much better again.

    Posted:
  • willboyrdwillboyrd  1117Posted: Members Posts: 1,117
    Joined:  #16282

    I changed my actual putting grip mid-round on Saturday. Something I had been toying with during indoor sessions but hadn't been able to practice outside before that morning.

    Obviously FAbb is a much better player than I so the opportunities to improve are much more minute. In that same round, I also had 2 plain tops off the tee into junk just ahead of the red tees and 2 other foul balls into hazards/OB en route to a smooth 89 at WM.

    On a separate note, infuriated reading over Sully's adventure on #16 at WM. I pumped a ball into a tree on the left and it fell straight down into junk. I re-teed and piped my 3rd shot right on line with the cart path on the left side of the fairway. Get up there, no ball. Sweet ESC 7 (there was a good chance it was going to be an ESC 7 anyways, but still).

    Posted:
    G410 12* Tensei Pro Orange 60S
    Epic Flash 15* 3w Even Flow Green 60S
    Epic Flash SZ 18* 5w Tensei Blue 70S
    Rogue 21* 4h Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Rogue Pro 5-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    Vokey SM7 50F, 54F, 58D Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    Fastback 2 33'' SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83  15570Posted: Members Posts: 15,570
    Joined:  #16283

    @gsrjc said:

    @misplacedtexan83 said:

    @dcmidnight said:

    @TheCityGame said:
    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Some of the same people I've seen gripe about me Fabb changing putters so often are the same people I've seen change their brand/model of golf ball in the middle of a round.

    There's also the unspoken assumption that not changing putters makes you a better putter. I strongly disagree with that. Despite his online fake-griping, Fabb is a top tier putter, no doubt in my mind about that. Him changing putters has absolutely no affect on his ability to putt.

    One of the only weakness in his game, no?

    Go get fitted by club champion Fabb and see what the numbers say

    I got fitted there and changed my putter specs. It didn’t work out so I went back to the specs that I got from Bettinardi when they fitted me and made my putter. Started putting much better again.

    It’s not a be all or end all. However ... it shows you what you are doing instead of guessing.

    Fittings are only as good as your fitter. Not knocking Nick— but all Bettinardi does is putters (besides some wedges and golf swag)

    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ  *9.0 w/ UST Helium 6F4 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *15 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *18 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway Tactical Wedges 50S & 54S & 58W w/ True Temper S200
    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • gsrjcgsrjc TOC  1607Posted: Members Posts: 1,607
    Joined:  #16284

    @misplacedtexan83 said:

    @gsrjc said:

    @misplacedtexan83 said:

    @dcmidnight said:

    @TheCityGame said:
    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Some of the same people I've seen gripe about me Fabb changing putters so often are the same people I've seen change their brand/model of golf ball in the middle of a round.

    There's also the unspoken assumption that not changing putters makes you a better putter. I strongly disagree with that. Despite his online fake-griping, Fabb is a top tier putter, no doubt in my mind about that. Him changing putters has absolutely no affect on his ability to putt.

    One of the only weakness in his game, no?

    Go get fitted by club champion Fabb and see what the numbers say

    I got fitted there and changed my putter specs. It didn’t work out so I went back to the specs that I got from Bettinardi when they fitted me and made my putter. Started putting much better again.

    It’s not a be all or end all. However ... it shows you what you are doing instead of guessing.

    Fittings are only as good as your fitter. Not knocking Nick— but all Bettinardi does is putters (besides some wedges and golf swag)

    Agreed. We’ve even discussed perhaps SAM putting may not be the best vehicle and perhaps there are others. I can’t remember the name but there’s one putting system that is like $30k and uses a bunch of lights to watch the ball and see how it rolls. Apparently the Golf Doctor in DC has it.

    Posted:
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83  15570Posted: Members Posts: 15,570
    Joined:  #16286

    @gsrjc said:

    @misplacedtexan83 said:

    @gsrjc said:

    @misplacedtexan83 said:

    @dcmidnight said:

    @TheCityGame said:
    It's just funny with fabb because he reads as a golf robot. Seems to care about finding every single edge to improve and yet does this one -- probably suboptimal -- thing all the time.

    AND, gripes about his putting.

    And, that's always his thing with other people. . .if you're going to gripe about something, you need to be open to changing it.

    Some of the same people I've seen gripe about me Fabb changing putters so often are the same people I've seen change their brand/model of golf ball in the middle of a round.

    There's also the unspoken assumption that not changing putters makes you a better putter. I strongly disagree with that. Despite his online fake-griping, Fabb is a top tier putter, no doubt in my mind about that. Him changing putters has absolutely no affect on his ability to putt.

    One of the only weakness in his game, no?

    Go get fitted by club champion Fabb and see what the numbers say

    I got fitted there and changed my putter specs. It didn’t work out so I went back to the specs that I got from Bettinardi when they fitted me and made my putter. Started putting much better again.

    It’s not a be all or end all. However ... it shows you what you are doing instead of guessing.

    Fittings are only as good as your fitter. Not knocking Nick— but all Bettinardi does is putters (besides some wedges and golf swag)

    Agreed. We’ve even discussed perhaps SAM putting may not be the best vehicle and perhaps there are others. I can’t remember the name but there’s one putting system that is like $30k and uses a bunch of lights to watch the ball and see how it rolls. Apparently the Golf Doctor in DC has it.

    Sam is one of the best but the sensor has to be installed the same time every time.

    Also 7 putts is not enough to truly gauge.

    However.. for me I just reconfirmed what i already knew. Fitting recommended the same spec i had years ago.

    Knowledge is power and if you don’t know what you do consistently or not.. it’s hard for you to know what’s best or in the ball park for you

    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ  *9.0 w/ UST Helium 6F4 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *15 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *18 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway Tactical Wedges 50S & 54S & 58W w/ True Temper S200
    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • willboyrdwillboyrd  1117Posted: Members Posts: 1,117
    Joined:  #16287

    @SullGolf said:
    Don’t be angry willboyrd. You just have to learn where to miss on that hole. It will come when you have as much experience as me.

    Thank you for not outing my identity.

    Posted:
    G410 12* Tensei Pro Orange 60S
    Epic Flash 15* 3w Even Flow Green 60S
    Epic Flash SZ 18* 5w Tensei Blue 70S
    Rogue 21* 4h Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Rogue Pro 5-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    Vokey SM7 50F, 54F, 58D Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    Fastback 2 33'' SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • endlesswintercoendlesswinterco  1841Posted: Members Posts: 1,841
    Joined:  #16288

    Same putter since 2012 for me. Even bought a backup in silver. Take it from me, who averages 33.3 putts per round... HAHA. One thing I’ve never thought about changing is my putter. Got fitted and it’s worked for me. Just need to learn how to putt now! And stop missing it low like City was yelling at me about.

    Posted:
  • gsrjcgsrjc TOC  1607Posted: Members Posts: 1,607
    Joined:  #16289

    Have folks changed their grip instead of their putters to see what has happened? I went left hand low and it made my putting stroke much better and more consistent.

    Posted:
  • OcgolfrickOcgolfrick  1626Posted: Members Posts: 1,626
    Joined:  #16290

    Oil Baron and Augusta member T. Boone Pickens died today. I first heard of him on WRX. When I first joined the site there was this thread that was a fantastic follow, in which a guy who attended some conference where T. Boone Pickens spoke every year devised a plan in which he was going to corner T. Boone in an elevator and beg him to invite him to Augusta. I think the thread was closed, but half the people were telling him not to do it and the other half were telling him "Hey, you'll never take the prettiest girl to the dance if you don't ask her!" I think it never came to fruition, but if it did I hope someone videotaped it.
    Also it made me hope that Slim Pickens (Dr. Strangelove, Blazing Saddles) and T. Boone were the same person, but alas, no.

    Posted:
    Hive Tour Titles: 0
    Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
    Suck it, Ceejay.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • willboyrdwillboyrd  1117Posted: Members Posts: 1,117
    Joined:  #16291

    @gsrjc said:
    Have folks changed their grip instead of their putters to see what has happened? I went left hand low and it made my putting stroke much better and more consistent.

    Yeah, I have been experimenting with a claw/pencil hybrid grip that past few weeks. Certainly hasn't had any effect on my total putt numbers but that stat is almost useless anyways.

    Posted:
    G410 12* Tensei Pro Orange 60S
    Epic Flash 15* 3w Even Flow Green 60S
    Epic Flash SZ 18* 5w Tensei Blue 70S
    Rogue 21* 4h Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Rogue Pro 5-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    Vokey SM7 50F, 54F, 58D Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    Fastback 2 33'' SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

588

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file