Ashkay Bhatia - Callaway

MakersMarsh3

> @grm24 said:

> > @snizzle said:

> > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > I guess Callaway has had a bad run with their real good ams....

> > > Lee McCoy, Norman Xiong

> > > Sam Burns, Mav, Ollie are underachieving

> > > I don't think any are paying off like they thought they would or wanted

> > >

> >

> > Yeah it's been almost the kiss of death for a top amateur to sign with them. Xander is probably the only somewhat household name and strangely he wasn't nearly as hyped coming out of college or am ranks.

>

> Xander played TM clubs before he signed with Callaway.

Yeah I know there have been several that have switched like Bhatia. TM can't sign them all.

Personally (just my personal opinion) I know the $ is enticing esp for a kid coming on tour but I wouldn't go with a full bag of Callaways or any other club maker for that matter. I just feel that the TM drivers are the best. The Vokey wedges, Titleist balls, etc. I know one tour pro sponsored by Callaway but he's been spotted on the range using an M5. Callaway expects their staffers esp the young kids to go full bag all the way down to putter and balls and I think that's a little bit of a disadvantage to do that. I won't root for or against a guy based on their equipment though.

OEM's support lots of junior programs but once they hit the Tour it's about money and who's clubs give them the best chance at being successful. When you're a junior you don't exactly have the pick of the litter. Although it doesn't apply to this case, most college programs have OEM partnerships and heavily push kids in that direction. So just because they played Ping or TM as a junior doesn't mean that's the only stuff they like. It's just easy to get free stuff when its right in front of you and you have a rep that takes care of what you need.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> OEM's support lots of junior programs but once they hit the Tour it's about money and who's clubs give them the best chance at being successful. When you're a junior you don't exactly have the pick of the litter. Although it doesn't apply to this case, most college programs have OEM partnerships and heavily push kids in that direction. So just because they played Ping or TM as a junior doesn't mean that's the only stuff they like. It's just easy to get free stuff when its right in front of you and you have a rep that takes care of what you need.

For sure. A few very unique cases here

Just have a a hard time thinking he didn’t ideally want to sign with TM

Guessing the contract was just too good to turn down. Big move by Callaway imo

I would guess TM thought they had him locked up.

VERY interested to see what ball he plays

And to see how quickly they can get him out of his spider!

Callaway has shown flexibility with guys playing other stuff lately though

Hes still reppin TM on his IG account haha

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

> @lowheel said:

> > @ASN21 said:

> > > @"Dr. Bombay" said:

> > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > > @"Dr. Bombay" said:

> > > > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > > > > @Jigga said:

> > > > > > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > > > > > I kinda got a bad vibe from him but supported him because he was a TaylorMade guy but now....no reason to root for this guy haha.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What bad vibe?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Nothing wrong with having confidence but this guy hasn’t done anything yet to be as cocky as he is.

> > > > > >

> > > > > All of the below before he would have even enrolled in college...pretty healthy resume for a kid who doesn't turn 18 until January 31, 2020.

> > > > > ------------------------------------

> > > > > 2019 Walker Cup team member (2-1 overall, won in singles)

> > > > > No. 5 in World Amateur Golf Ranking

> > > > > Runner-up in 2018 U.S. Junior Amateur at Baltusrol Golf Club, losing, 1 down, to Michael Thorbjornsen in 36-hole final

> > > > > Advanced to the Round of 32 in 2019 U.S. Amateur at Pinehurst

> > > > > 2019 Jones Cup champion

> > > > > 2018 American Junior Golf Association Player of the Year

> > > > > 2018 Sage Valley Junior Invitational champion

> > > > > 2018 Polo Junior Golf Classic champion

> > > > > 2017 and 2018 Boys Junior PGA Championship winner

> > > > > Member of victorious 2017 USA Junior Ryder Cup Team

> > > > > Competed in PGA Tour’s 2019 Valspar Championship

> > > > > Made 36-hole cut in Korn Ferry Tour’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail Championship (T-42)

> > > > > Lost in 19 holes in Round of 64 of 2018 U.S. Amateur at Pebble Beach

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Color me unimpressed.

> > >

> > > Assuming you are not kidding (surely you are)....

> > > ....whose resume resume at age 17 would you cite as having impressed you?

> > Get back to me when he does something of substance on the PGA tour. Everything else before is for nothing if you can't ball on the main stage.

> >

>

> yikes man. the kid is 17 years old. give your head a shake... are you really that mad at a kid for not playing your favorite brand anymore?

Who the hell said I was mad? LOL. I simply said I’m not rooting for the guy anymore. Gotta love it when you have an opinion against the forum thread consensus.

> @snizzle said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @snizzle said:

> > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > I guess Callaway has had a bad run with their real good ams....

> > > > Lee McCoy, Norman Xiong

> > > > Sam Burns, Mav, Ollie are underachieving

> > > > I don't think any are paying off like they thought they would or wanted

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah it's been almost the kiss of death for a top amateur to sign with them. Xander is probably the only somewhat household name and strangely he wasn't nearly as hyped coming out of college or am ranks.

> >

> > Xander played TM clubs before he signed with Callaway.

>

> Yeah I know there have been several that have switched like Bhatia. TM can't sign them all.

> Personally (just my personal opinion) I know the $ is enticing esp for a kid coming on tour but I wouldn't go with a full bag of Callaways or any other club maker for that matter. I just feel that the TM drivers are the best. The Vokey wedges, Titleist balls, etc. I know one tour pro sponsored by Callaway but he's been spotted on the range using an M5. Callaway expects their staffers esp the young kids to go full bag all the way down to putter and balls and I think that's a little bit of a disadvantage to do that. I won't root for or against a guy based on their equipment though.

Just to be clear. Xander played TM on the PGA Tour when he won the Tour Championship and ROY before he signed with Callaway. After he signed with Callaway he still played his TM clubs for some time before they finally got his a set of irons and driver he liked. That was discussed plenty here. Like yourself I won't root for/against somebody for what gear they play. That's simply idiotic for those that do. If Bhatia does sign with Callaway I wonder what he wil do with the set of lefty P-730 irons TM made for him.

• Like 1

> @grm24 said:

> > @snizzle said:

> > > @grm24 said:

> > > > @snizzle said:

> > > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > I guess Callaway has had a bad run with their real good ams....

> > > > > Lee McCoy, Norman Xiong

> > > > > Sam Burns, Mav, Ollie are underachieving

> > > > > I don't think any are paying off like they thought they would or wanted

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yeah it's been almost the kiss of death for a top amateur to sign with them. Xander is probably the only somewhat household name and strangely he wasn't nearly as hyped coming out of college or am ranks.

> > >

> > > Xander played TM clubs before he signed with Callaway.

> >

> > Yeah I know there have been several that have switched like Bhatia. TM can't sign them all.

> > Personally (just my personal opinion) I know the $ is enticing esp for a kid coming on tour but I wouldn't go with a full bag of Callaways or any other club maker for that matter. I just feel that the TM drivers are the best. The Vokey wedges, Titleist balls, etc. I know one tour pro sponsored by Callaway but he's been spotted on the range using an M5. Callaway expects their staffers esp the young kids to go full bag all the way down to putter and balls and I think that's a little bit of a disadvantage to do that. I won't root for or against a guy based on their equipment though.

>

> Just to be clear. Xander played TM on the PGA Tour when he won the Tour Championship and ROY before he signed with Callaway. After he signed with Callaway he still played his TM clubs for some time before they finally got his a set of irons and driver he liked. That was discussed plenty here. Like yourself I won't root for/against somebody for what gear they play. That's simply idiotic for those that do. If Bhatia does sign with Callaway I wonder what he wil do with the set of lefty P-730 irons TM made for him.

Imagine calling an opinion idiotic that differs from your own. I guess this is America nowadays though.

> @third-times-a-charm said:

> > @YoungJedi said:

> > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > > > > @dmecca2 said:

> > > > > > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > > > > > Full bag? There goes his career, just like Hovland and ping...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Pretty bad take here. Hovland has been playing amazing and his strokes gained off the tee numbers with the Ping were on par with Rory's.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not to mention his strokes gained approach. They didn’t count, as he wasn’t a member...but had they counted he would have been ranked 3rd in SG approach.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Led field on off the tee handful of times as well

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m all in on Hovland, but please don’t compare his stats during the birdie fest stretch of events he played in to the yearlong resume of Rory

> > > > > Please and thank you

> > > >

> > > > US open and The Masters are considered Birdie Fests? Lol

> > >

> > > All the stats you pimped were from after, he did great off the tee at Pebble for sure, but don't think he hit a ton of drivers

> > > A bulk of his starts are from a run of easier events, it's just the truth

> > > Doesn't mean he's not awesome, just don't think the Rory comparison is there yet

> >

> > Yea wasn’t meaning to compare him to Rory, rather disprove the guy who basically said Hovland is trash. Lol

>

> I didnt say he was trash. I said player signing full bags is the majority of the time a death knell for their game because no one manufacturer makes the best everything in the bag. Sure some players are good enough to make-do, but most arent. 'Trash' is your wording, not mine.

>

> Sure, Hovland took the money from ping and ran before even getting on tour...good for him I guess.

Don't most sign full bags?

> @Heckle said:

> > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > > > > > @dmecca2 said:

> > > > > > > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > > > > > > Full bag? There goes his career, just like Hovland and ping...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Pretty bad take here. Hovland has been playing amazing and his strokes gained off the tee numbers with the Ping were on par with Rory's.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not to mention his strokes gained approach. They didn’t count, as he wasn’t a member...but had they counted he would have been ranked 3rd in SG approach.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Led field on off the tee handful of times as well

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I’m all in on Hovland, but please don’t compare his stats during the birdie fest stretch of events he played in to the yearlong resume of Rory

> > > > > > Please and thank you

> > > > >

> > > > > US open and The Masters are considered Birdie Fests? Lol

> > > >

> > > > All the stats you pimped were from after, he did great off the tee at Pebble for sure, but don't think he hit a ton of drivers

> > > > A bulk of his starts are from a run of easier events, it's just the truth

> > > > Doesn't mean he's not awesome, just don't think the Rory comparison is there yet

> > >

> > > Yea wasn’t meaning to compare him to Rory, rather disprove the guy who basically said Hovland is trash. Lol

> >

> > I didnt say he was trash. I said player signing full bags is the majority of the time a death knell for their game because no one manufacturer makes the best everything in the bag. Sure some players are good enough to make-do, but most arent. 'Trash' is your wording, not mine.

> >

> > Sure, Hovland took the money from ping and ran before even getting on tour...good for him I guess.

>

> Don't most sign full bags?

Not anymore. TM is one of the few that has full staff deals. Titleist usually does but you will see some guys play non Scotty putters like Jimmy Walker. Ping does anywhere from 10-14. Callaway does comes close for most guys.

> @ibradley said:

> I think he will do great. In my opinion college is way overrated.

This. Plenty of Euros go straight pro. College will be there in 5 years if he doesn't make it and has a desire to go back. But with the $s he'll get in endorsements, he certainly won't need to.

TM does a lot for AJGA players. Guess it doesn't always pay off.

• Like 1

> @ASN21 said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > @"Dr. Bombay" said:

> > > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > > > @"Dr. Bombay" said:

> > > > > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > > > > > @Jigga said:

> > > > > > > > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > > > > > > I kinda got a bad vibe from him but supported him because he was a TaylorMade guy but now....no reason to root for this guy haha.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What bad vibe?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nothing wrong with having confidence but this guy hasn’t done anything yet to be as cocky as he is.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > All of the below before he would have even enrolled in college...pretty healthy resume for a kid who doesn't turn 18 until January 31, 2020.

> > > > > > ------------------------------------

> > > > > > 2019 Walker Cup team member (2-1 overall, won in singles)

> > > > > > No. 5 in World Amateur Golf Ranking

> > > > > > Runner-up in 2018 U.S. Junior Amateur at Baltusrol Golf Club, losing, 1 down, to Michael Thorbjornsen in 36-hole final

> > > > > > Advanced to the Round of 32 in 2019 U.S. Amateur at Pinehurst

> > > > > > 2019 Jones Cup champion

> > > > > > 2018 American Junior Golf Association Player of the Year

> > > > > > 2018 Sage Valley Junior Invitational champion

> > > > > > 2018 Polo Junior Golf Classic champion

> > > > > > 2017 and 2018 Boys Junior PGA Championship winner

> > > > > > Member of victorious 2017 USA Junior Ryder Cup Team

> > > > > > Competed in PGA Tour’s 2019 Valspar Championship

> > > > > > Made 36-hole cut in Korn Ferry Tour’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail Championship (T-42)

> > > > > > Lost in 19 holes in Round of 64 of 2018 U.S. Amateur at Pebble Beach

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Color me unimpressed.

> > > >

> > > > Assuming you are not kidding (surely you are)....

> > > > ....whose resume resume at age 17 would you cite as having impressed you?

> > > Get back to me when he does something of substance on the PGA tour. Everything else before is for nothing if you can't ball on the main stage.

> > >

> >

> > yikes man. the kid is 17 years old. give your head a shake... are you really that mad at a kid for not playing your favorite brand anymore?

> Who the **** said I was mad? LOL. I simply said I’m not rooting for the guy anymore. Gotta love it when you have an opinion against the forum thread consensus.

>

you're a real trailblazing rebel going against a non existant grain...

• Like 1

> @ASN21 said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @snizzle said:

> > > > @grm24 said:

> > > > > @snizzle said:

> > > > > > I guess Callaway has had a bad run with their real good ams....

> > > > > > Lee McCoy, Norman Xiong

> > > > > > Sam Burns, Mav, Ollie are underachieving

> > > > > > I don't think any are paying off like they thought they would or wanted

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah it's been almost the kiss of death for a top amateur to sign with them. Xander is probably the only somewhat household name and strangely he wasn't nearly as hyped coming out of college or am ranks.

> > > >

> > > > Xander played TM clubs before he signed with Callaway.

> > >

> > > Yeah I know there have been several that have switched like Bhatia. TM can't sign them all.

> > > Personally (just my personal opinion) I know the $ is enticing esp for a kid coming on tour but I wouldn't go with a full bag of Callaways or any other club maker for that matter. I just feel that the TM drivers are the best. The Vokey wedges, Titleist balls, etc. I know one tour pro sponsored by Callaway but he's been spotted on the range using an M5. Callaway expects their staffers esp the young kids to go full bag all the way down to putter and balls and I think that's a little bit of a disadvantage to do that. I won't root for or against a guy based on their equipment though.

> >

> > Just to be clear. Xander played TM on the PGA Tour when he won the Tour Championship and ROY before he signed with Callaway. After he signed with Callaway he still played his TM clubs for some time before they finally got his a set of irons and driver he liked. That was discussed plenty here. Like yourself I won't root for/against somebody for what gear they play. That's simply idiotic for those that do. If Bhatia does sign with Callaway I wonder what he wil do with the set of lefty P-730 irons TM made for him.

> Imagine calling an opinion idiotic that differs from your own. I guess this is America nowadays though.

>

No, This is America. Haha.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Heckle said:

> > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > > > > @YoungJedi said:

> > > > > > > > > @dmecca2 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > > > > > > > Full bag? There goes his career, just like Hovland and ping...

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Pretty bad take here. Hovland has been playing amazing and his strokes gained off the tee numbers with the Ping were on par with Rory's.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Not to mention his strokes gained approach. They didn’t count, as he wasn’t a member...but had they counted he would have been ranked 3rd in SG approach.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Led field on off the tee handful of times as well

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I’m all in on Hovland, but please don’t compare his stats during the birdie fest stretch of events he played in to the yearlong resume of Rory

> > > > > > > Please and thank you

> > > > > >

> > > > > > US open and The Masters are considered Birdie Fests? Lol

> > > > >

> > > > > All the stats you pimped were from after, he did great off the tee at Pebble for sure, but don't think he hit a ton of drivers

> > > > > A bulk of his starts are from a run of easier events, it's just the truth

> > > > > Doesn't mean he's not awesome, just don't think the Rory comparison is there yet

> > > >

> > > > Yea wasn’t meaning to compare him to Rory, rather disprove the guy who basically said Hovland is trash. Lol

> > >

> > > I didnt say he was trash. I said player signing full bags is the majority of the time a death knell for their game because no one manufacturer makes the best everything in the bag. Sure some players are good enough to make-do, but most arent. 'Trash' is your wording, not mine.

> > >

> > > Sure, Hovland took the money from ping and ran before even getting on tour...good for him I guess.

> >

> > Don't most sign full bags?

>

> Not anymore. TM is one of the few that has full staff deals. Titleist usually does but you will see some guys play non Scotty putters like Jimmy Walker. Ping does anywhere from 10-14. Callaway does comes close for most guys.

gotcha, thanks

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > @J13 said:

> > OEM's support lots of junior programs but once they hit the Tour it's about money and who's clubs give them the best chance at being successful. When you're a junior you don't exactly have the pick of the litter. Although it doesn't apply to this case, most college programs have OEM partnerships and heavily push kids in that direction. So just because they played Ping or TM as a junior doesn't mean that's the only stuff they like. It's just easy to get free stuff when its right in front of you and you have a rep that takes care of what you need.

>

> For sure. A few very unique cases here

> Just have a a hard time thinking he didn’t ideally want to sign with TM

> Guessing the contract was just too good to turn down. Big move by Callaway imo

> I would guess TM thought they had him locked up.

>

> VERY interested to see what ball he plays

> And to see how quickly they can get him out of his spider!

> Callaway has shown flexibility with guys playing other stuff lately though

>

> Hes still reppin TM on his IG account haha

Some of these Sponsors and manufacturers pay for travel, hotel and pay ridiculous amounts of cash which is huge when starting out on tour.

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > @J13 said:

> > OEM's support lots of junior programs but once they hit the Tour it's about money and who's clubs give them the best chance at being successful. When you're a junior you don't exactly have the pick of the litter. Although it doesn't apply to this case, most college programs have OEM partnerships and heavily push kids in that direction. So just because they played Ping or TM as a junior doesn't mean that's the only stuff they like. It's just easy to get free stuff when its right in front of you and you have a rep that takes care of what you need.

>

> For sure. A few very unique cases here

> Just have a a hard time thinking he didn’t ideally want to sign with TM

> Guessing the contract was just too good to turn down. Big move by Callaway imo

> I would guess TM thought they had him locked up.

>

> VERY interested to see what ball he plays

> And to see how quickly they can get him out of his spider!

> Callaway has shown flexibility with guys playing other stuff lately though

>

> Hes still reppin TM on his IG account haha

I wonder if his contract started yet or when it starts. I haven't seen any Callaway announcement.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @snizzle said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @snizzle said:

> > > > I guess Callaway has had a bad run with their real good ams....

> > > > Lee McCoy, Norman Xiong

> > > > Sam Burns, Mav, Ollie are underachieving

> > > > I don't think any are paying off like they thought they would or wanted

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah it's been almost the kiss of death for a top amateur to sign with them. Xander is probably the only somewhat household name and strangely he wasn't nearly as hyped coming out of college or am ranks.

> >

> > Xander played TM clubs before he signed with Callaway.

>

> Yeah I know there have been several that have switched like Bhatia. TM can't sign them all.

> Personally (just my personal opinion) I know the $ is enticing esp for a kid coming on tour but I wouldn't go with a full bag of Callaways or any other club maker for that matter. I just feel that the TM drivers are the best. The Vokey wedges, Titleist balls, etc. I know one tour pro sponsored by Callaway but he's been spotted on the range using an M5. Callaway expects their staffers esp the young kids to go full bag all the way down to putter and balls and I think that's a little bit of a disadvantage to do that. I won't root for or against a guy based on their equipment though.

I can certainly understand why he would sign with whomever was going to pay him the most. When you're just coming out, with no guaranteed starts, the need to still qualify for basically any tour, and the expense that goes into all of that, the move makes a lot of sense. I have to guess that he went though a lot of discussions with several manufacturers prior to the decision. Will be interesting to see what his trajectory looks like once he is able to start playing for money.

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @ASN21 said:

> > > @grm24 said:

> > > > @snizzle said:

> > > > > @grm24 said:

> > > > > > @snizzle said:

> > > > > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > > > I guess Callaway has had a bad run with their real good ams....

> > > > > > > Lee McCoy, Norman Xiong

> > > > > > > Sam Burns, Mav, Ollie are underachieving

> > > > > > > I don't think any are paying off like they thought they would or wanted

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah it's been almost the kiss of death for a top amateur to sign with them. Xander is probably the only somewhat household name and strangely he wasn't nearly as hyped coming out of college or am ranks.

> > > > >

> > > > > Xander played TM clubs before he signed with Callaway.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah I know there have been several that have switched like Bhatia. TM can't sign them all.

> > > > Personally (just my personal opinion) I know the $ is enticing esp for a kid coming on tour but I wouldn't go with a full bag of Callaways or any other club maker for that matter. I just feel that the TM drivers are the best. The Vokey wedges, Titleist balls, etc. I know one tour pro sponsored by Callaway but he's been spotted on the range using an M5. Callaway expects their staffers esp the young kids to go full bag all the way down to putter and balls and I think that's a little bit of a disadvantage to do that. I won't root for or against a guy based on their equipment though.

> > >

> > > Just to be clear. Xander played TM on the PGA Tour when he won the Tour Championship and ROY before he signed with Callaway. After he signed with Callaway he still played his TM clubs for some time before they finally got his a set of irons and driver he liked. That was discussed plenty here. Like yourself I won't root for/against somebody for what gear they play. That's simply idiotic for those that do. If Bhatia does sign with Callaway I wonder what he wil do with the set of lefty P-730 irons TM made for him.

> > Imagine calling an opinion idiotic that differs from your own. I guess this is America nowadays though.

> >

>

> No, This is America. Haha.

>

>

Such an amazing video, Glover is so ridiculously talented.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @BNGL said:

> Who wins a major first? Bhatia or Cameron Champ?

Bhatia, because Cameron isn’t ever winning a major unless it’s a “major in name only” like the PGA Championship.

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @BNGL said:

> > Who wins a major first? Bhatia or Cameron Champ?

>

> Bhatia, because Cameron isn’t ever winning a major unless it’s a “major in name only” like the PGA Championship.

So, Tiger has only won 11 Majors then?

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter

> @BMC said:

> > @GolfChannel said:

> > > @BNGL said:

> > > Who wins a major first? Bhatia or Cameron Champ?

> >

> > Bhatia, because Cameron isn’t ever winning a major unless it’s a “major in name only” like the PGA Championship.

>

> So, Tiger has only won 11 Majors then?

Still a major, just never understood why it was one other than history. The Players is typically a far more difficult test that actually brings in a ton of different styles.

Okay, done thread jacking. Point stays the same. Champ has the touch of a corpse with his wedges and his putter isn’t much better. Till that changes he’ll only win if he catches lightning in bottle for a weekend and rises above his limitations.

> @ASN21 said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @snizzle said:

> > > > @grm24 said:

> > > > > @snizzle said:

> > > > > > I guess Callaway has had a bad run with their real good ams....

> > > > > > Lee McCoy, Norman Xiong

> > > > > > Sam Burns, Mav, Ollie are underachieving

> > > > > > I don't think any are paying off like they thought they would or wanted

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah it's been almost the kiss of death for a top amateur to sign with them. Xander is probably the only somewhat household name and strangely he wasn't nearly as hyped coming out of college or am ranks.

> > > >

> > > > Xander played TM clubs before he signed with Callaway.

> > >

> > > Yeah I know there have been several that have switched like Bhatia. TM can't sign them all.

> > > Personally (just my personal opinion) I know the $ is enticing esp for a kid coming on tour but I wouldn't go with a full bag of Callaways or any other club maker for that matter. I just feel that the TM drivers are the best. The Vokey wedges, Titleist balls, etc. I know one tour pro sponsored by Callaway but he's been spotted on the range using an M5. Callaway expects their staffers esp the young kids to go full bag all the way down to putter and balls and I think that's a little bit of a disadvantage to do that. I won't root for or against a guy based on their equipment though.

> >

> > Just to be clear. Xander played TM on the PGA Tour when he won the Tour Championship and ROY before he signed with Callaway. After he signed with Callaway he still played his TM clubs for some time before they finally got his a set of irons and driver he liked. That was discussed plenty here. Like yourself I won't root for/against somebody for what gear they play. That's simply idiotic for those that do. If Bhatia does sign with Callaway I wonder what he wil do with the set of lefty P-730 irons TM made for him.

> Imagine calling an opinion idiotic that differs from your own. I guess this is America nowadays though.

>

No, This is America. Haha.

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @ASN21 said:

> > > > @grm24 said:

> > > > > @snizzle said:

> > > > > > @grm24 said:

> > > > > > > @snizzle said:

> > > > > > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > > > > I guess Callaway has had a bad run with their real good ams....

> > > > > > > > Lee McCoy, Norman Xiong

> > > > > > > > Sam Burns, Mav, Ollie are underachieving

> > > > > > > > I don't think any are paying off like they thought they would or wanted

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yeah it's been almost the kiss of death for a top amateur to sign with them. Xander is probably the only somewhat household name and strangely he wasn't nearly as hyped coming out of college or am ranks.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Xander played TM clubs before he signed with Callaway.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah I know there have been several that have switched like Bhatia. TM can't sign them all.

> > > > > Personally (just my personal opinion) I know the $ is enticing esp for a kid coming on tour but I wouldn't go with a full bag of Callaways or any other club maker for that matter. I just feel that the TM drivers are the best. The Vokey wedges, Titleist balls, etc. I know one tour pro sponsored by Callaway but he's been spotted on the range using an M5. Callaway expects their staffers esp the young kids to go full bag all the way down to putter and balls and I think that's a little bit of a disadvantage to do that. I won't root for or against a guy based on their equipment though.

> > > >

> > > > Just to be clear. Xander played TM on the PGA Tour when he won the Tour Championship and ROY before he signed with Callaway. After he signed with Callaway he still played his TM clubs for some time before they finally got his a set of irons and driver he liked. That was discussed plenty here. Like yourself I won't root for/against somebody for what gear they play. That's simply idiotic for those that do. If Bhatia does sign with Callaway I wonder what he wil do with the set of lefty P-730 irons TM made for him.

> > > Imagine calling an opinion idiotic that differs from your own. I guess this is America nowadays though.

> > >

> >

> > No, This is America. Haha.

> >

> >

>

> Such an amazing video, Glover is so ridiculously talented.

I agree, I got nervous for a bit that it may be considered political. I was just posting it as a play on words.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Was going along nicely till the weather delay pushed his round to Friday. Anytime you have to play that many holes in a single day at that level it’s going to depend on where your swing is and he just seemed to be stuck in neutral on Friday. That said, missing the cut at the Sanderson of all tournaments has to feel like a gut punch.

Anyone know where he has his next sponsors exemption?