2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

GolfWRX

> @Shakespeare said:

> > @Fairway14 said:

> > > @jblough99 said:

> > > Anyone have any idea how heavy Ping can make these heads? I would assume the hole for the toe weight is only so big and there is a max size screw they can add, same assumption for the hosel weight. Reason I ask is I like my irons heavy, high D to low E progression, but I play standard length with midsize grips, so getting to that swing weight range with heavy grips and standard length can be tough. Don’t really want to ugly these up with a bunch of lead tape.

> >

> > Compared to Ping's standard grips, he midsize grips alone will lighten the SW by 3 points.

> > Compared to Ping's standard screws, my guess is that Ping's heaviest screw weights can bring SW higher by about 3 or 4 points.

> > If you want standard length irons and mid size grips, with a SW in the high D's, or low E's. I think the only way to get it will be by using Winn's super lite midsize grips.

> > For example, Winn's mid size weighs only 23 grams , which is about 40 grams lighter than most mid size grips, and the difference equals roughly 8 swing weight points.

>

> I coild be wrong, but i thought it was 9 grams in the shaft or grip that equates to 1 sw...2 grams in the head does the same

I mess around with putter grips and swing weights often. Depending on the grip profile (for example, where within the grip the weight is positioned), swing weight is affected between 1 point for every 4 to 6 grams of weight, so on average 1 swing weight point for every 5 grams. Head weight is definitely a ratio of 1 swing weight point for every 2 grams of head weight change.

9 grams of shaft weight will change swing weight by 1 point, however that is somewhat dependent on where the weight is located within the shaft.

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

I think they're just trolling us by putting that screw in the toe.

• Like 1

SIM 9 Degree set to 10.5 - AD IZ 6TX w/ TP adaptor - plays 44.5"

SIM MAX Ventus Blue 6S - std length

SIM Max 19 Hybrid HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist U510 4I - HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist 620CB 5I-9I - Modus 120X pured/hard stepped, 1 flat

Titleist 620MB PW & Vokey SM8 Raw 50.08F bent 1 weak, 2 flat - X100

Vokey SM8 Raw 54.10S bent 1 weak, 2 flat - S400

Vokey SM8 WW Raw 60 Low K bent 2 flat - S400

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna Two - 36" 

ProV1x - #41

> @kro88 said:

> I think they're just trolling us by putting that screw in the toe.

It's been about a year now but back when I purchased my set of G700's with mid size grips a Ping rep told me they could meet my D2 swing weight request by using a heavier toe screw. I think he told me they have screws ranging from 4 to 8 to 12 grams, but I am not sure if those were exactly the numbers. My recollection is that (by using different screw weights), Ping could manipulate swing weight by up to about 4 points.

The toe screws are diff weights, I have some

My set progresses d6 to e0. ... but are longer than std length

Hope some of this helps

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @cardoustie said:

> The toe screws are diff weights, I have some

> My set progresses d6 to e0. ... but are longer than std length

> Hope some of this helps

How much over length are they? After looking at the specs I may end up going +1/4” to +1/2” on the Blueprints to match my last set of 919 Tours that were “standard” Mizuno length.

Also on the grips, I just got a free superstroke traxion tour midsize grip with my last order from golfworks. Feels pretty good and weighs the same as a standard size tour velvet. Would help keep swing weight up with a larger grip.

Driver:  Cobra Darkspeed LS 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

> @jblough99 said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > The toe screws are diff weights, I have some

> > My set progresses d6 to e0. ... but are longer than std length

> > Hope some of this helps

>

> How much over length are they? After looking at the specs I may end up going +1/4” to +1/2” on the Blueprints to match my last set of 919 Tours that were “standard” Mizuno length.

>

> Also on the grips, I just got a free superstroke traxion tour midsize grip with my last order from golfworks. Feels pretty good and weighs the same as a standard size tour velvet. Would help keep swing weight up with a larger grip.

3/4" over

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

There's a set available with the shafts I need in them. The question is... Should I do it?

10.5˚ TaylorMade Stealth Plus

18° Titleist TSR2 5 Wood

21° Titleist TSR2 7 Wood

4-PW Titleist T100s Black

50˚ Titleist SM8 Black

54˚ Titleist SM8 Black

60˚ Titleist SM8 Black

Bettinardi Hive 8.0

Bridgestone Tour B-XS

> @arobbins3 said:

> There's a set available with the shafts I need in them. The question is... Should I do it?

The only way to know whether a set of irons is good for you is to buy and try.

Shafts are a major part of how an iron plays, so is the shaft you're considering one you've played or is it a new model to you ?

> @Fairway14 said:

> > @arobbins3 said:

> > There's a set available with the shafts I need in them. The question is... Should I do it?

>

> The only way to know whether a set of irons is good for you is to buy and try.

> Shafts are a major part of how an iron plays, so is the shaft you're considering one you've played or is it a new model to you ?

It is one that I have swung many times and have been fit into.

10.5˚ TaylorMade Stealth Plus

18° Titleist TSR2 5 Wood

21° Titleist TSR2 7 Wood

4-PW Titleist T100s Black

50˚ Titleist SM8 Black

54˚ Titleist SM8 Black

60˚ Titleist SM8 Black

Bettinardi Hive 8.0

Bridgestone Tour B-XS

> @arobbins3 said:

> > @Fairway14 said:

> > > @arobbins3 said:

> > > There's a set available with the shafts I need in them. The question is... Should I do it?

> >

> > The only way to know whether a set of irons is good for you is to buy and try.

> > Shafts are a major part of how an iron plays, so is the shaft you're considering one you've played or is it a new model to you ?

>

> It is one that I have swung many times and have been fit into.

You have answered your question. I still need to read a bad comment on this irons. If you have the game, do it. Worst case you will sell them after a month and you will lose 100 dollars..

> @arobbins3 said:

> > @Fairway14 said:

> > > @arobbins3 said:

> > > There's a set available with the shafts I need in them. The question is... Should I do it?

> >

> > The only way to know whether a set of irons is good for you is to buy and try.

> > Shafts are a major part of how an iron plays, so is the shaft you're considering one you've played or is it a new model to you ?

>

> It is one that I have swung many times and have been fit into.

If you've had a set or irons with the shafts and played rounds of golf with same, then I expect you will like the Blueprint irons just fine.

If you've only swung the shafts on a range there is a chance you will not like playing rounds of golf with them.

Regarding head design, I expect Blueprint is about the same as iblade, i200, i210, the older S59-58-57-56-55 Ping models etc... I think all these models are relatively the same compact head size , so the major difference in how one plays from the next will be the shaft.

> @"Marco Colo" said:

> > @arobbins3 said:

> > > @Fairway14 said:

> > > > @arobbins3 said:

> > > > There's a set available with the shafts I need in them. The question is... Should I do it?

> > >

> > > The only way to know whether a set of irons is good for you is to buy and try.

> > > Shafts are a major part of how an iron plays, so is the shaft you're considering one you've played or is it a new model to you ?

> >

> > It is one that I have swung many times and have been fit into.

>

> You have answered your question. I still need to read a bad comment on this irons. If you have the game, do it. Worst case you will sell them after a month and you will lose 100 dollars..

>

>

Txg just reviewed them. Said they were clicky and hard feeling compared to the 620mb

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

> @Kale_m said:

> > @"Marco Colo" said:

> > > @arobbins3 said:

> > > > @Fairway14 said:

> > > > > @arobbins3 said:

> > > > > There's a set available with the shafts I need in them. The question is... Should I do it?

> > > >

> > > > The only way to know whether a set of irons is good for you is to buy and try.

> > > > Shafts are a major part of how an iron plays, so is the shaft you're considering one you've played or is it a new model to you ?

> > >

> > > It is one that I have swung many times and have been fit into.

> >

> > You have answered your question. I still need to read a bad comment on this irons. If you have the game, do it. Worst case you will sell them after a month and you will lose 100 dollars..

> >

> >

> Txg just reviewed them. Said they were clicky and hard feeling compared to the 620mb

>

As I said in an earlier post, I had a set of the BP’s with wrong shaft, traded in, now ordered new set with the shaft I always use.

I can’t attest to 620’s, but in the last year I’ve owned i210’s, Srixon Zforged, Srixon 785, TM P790’s, Ping 410’s, Mizuno mp18 mmc, Mizuno 919tour, cobra black tech one length, Callaway cf16’s, there’s probably more, lost track, but I can say that the i200 is not same head size, the BP’s, even with wrong shaft at the time, had the smallest head of any iron I’ve owned, and if I had to pick a iron with the closest feel, I would say TM P790. Maybe it’s the ball, and I’m sure my fellow brethren will back me up, but to me, the BP’s have a solid feel, muffled sound, like pounding a marshmallow ?. If compared to new irons that are out, or just now coming out, these possibly have the smallest heads, but probably the easiest iron I’ve ever hit. IMHO, I think I hit these better possibly due to the smaller head. I’ve noticed that on other blade type irons. My 410’s, which I’m currently gaming for now I hit well, but all over the face, but due to their MOI hit their targets.

You can’t go wrong with the BP’s in my opinion.

I must say I never owned Ping irons before but these blueprints are special. I don't know if it's the 8620 carbon steel but the feel is not as good as my MP5. But they don't feel crappy. It's just little different from Mizunos. But I really like how durable these irons are. I put about 10 rounds and numerous range sessions and not a scratch on them yet.

I am new to Ping. Am loving my new BPs but have a question. Compared with other sets I've owned it looks as though the lie angle progression from 4-PW is a bit unusual. a black dot set's specs go from a pretty standard, maybe even flatish longer iron to more upright in the shorter irons. Has anyone bent the set to a more standard progression?

ProV1x - #41

My first set when we got them were the specs ping had on their website. We put them on the loft and lie machine. The set I have coming, we ordered those standard and all I really do is take them out and play one day and if I had a lot of shots left we flatten them a little, if I hit too many to the right we put them upright. I don’t believe ping screwed up anything, who knows, maybe they test, if toe up or down they set it or best lie. I’m just weighing in, I’m not a tech guy, But if many sets are built like that there’s a reason. My new set shipped yesterday .

> @wdaig1 said:

> I got the PW-7iron, and I bend all of my irons to my specs no matter how they come in. Very easy to bend. These are some incredible irons. Pure flight. Very different from anything I have hit from Ping. Trying to figure out how I am going to combo this set.

i210's would probably be the best fit correct?

> @OrangeGravy said:

> > @gambit said:

> > > @OrangeGravy said:

> > > > @gambit said:

> > > > > @OrangeGravy said:

> > > > > They've been in hand for a while now. Anyone reach the end of the honeymoon phase yet? I know Blade and Cardoustie are never gonna fall out of love. It's really amazing that Ping have managed to produce a tiny blade that appears to have Ping's signature play-ability (for this type of iron profile anyway) and looks/feels awesome. I play any and all clubs no matter the OEM, but Ping has long been my favorite.

> > > >

> > > > Nope...absolutely still in love with these. Just absurdly easy to hit. I think the last 2 rounds I only hit bad shots when I got really tired, and started cramping in my left calf, from walking as I'm trying to get myself into shape for Bandon next year and it was the first 2 rounds I've walked in a couple of years.

> > >

> > > Good move on prepping for Bandon. I went in cold one year and we were played 36 each of the first 2 days. After day one of walking 36, I didn't think I was gonna make it to day 2!

> >

> > I have 7 round over 4 days lmao...every round till then will be carry or push cart. Walking 18 and cramping is embarrassing lol

>

> We played 36, 36, 18, and 18. I never cramped up, but my feet/ankles hurt like ****. Day 3 & 4, I must have loosened up the scar tissue in there and I felt great/played much better.

> @kro88 said:

> I am new to Ping. Am loving my new BPs but have a question. Compared with other sets I've owned it looks as though the lie angle progression from 4-PW is a bit unusual. a black dot set's specs go from a pretty standard, maybe even flatish longer iron to more upright in the shorter irons. Has anyone bent the set to a more standard progression?

Easy enough to bend. I like the opposite — more upright long irons to boost the draw shot shape and distance I like, moving to flatter lies in the wedges based on short game lessons I’ve taken and the advice of coaches like Stan Utley, whose videos I like. One of his tips is he believes a lot of amateurs play their wedges too upright. I like wedge shots to fall softly to the right. Really upright wedges look a little funny at address to me. My spec is consistently 1 degree upright (from Mizuno’s standard) but I don’t do that in the 9 through wedges.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

> @dmeeksDC said:

> > @OrangeGravy said:

> > > @gambit said:

> > > > @OrangeGravy said:

> > > > > @gambit said:

> > > > > > @OrangeGravy said:

> > > > > > They've been in hand for a while now. Anyone reach the end of the honeymoon phase yet? I know Blade and Cardoustie are never gonna fall out of love. It's really amazing that Ping have managed to produce a tiny blade that appears to have Ping's signature play-ability (for this type of iron profile anyway) and looks/feels awesome. I play any and all clubs no matter the OEM, but Ping has long been my favorite.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nope...absolutely still in love with these. Just absurdly easy to hit. I think the last 2 rounds I only hit bad shots when I got really tired, and started cramping in my left calf, from walking as I'm trying to get myself into shape for Bandon next year and it was the first 2 rounds I've walked in a couple of years.

> > > >

> > > > Good move on prepping for Bandon. I went in cold one year and we were played 36 each of the first 2 days. After day one of walking 36, I didn't think I was gonna make it to day 2!

> > >

> > > I have 7 round over 4 days lmao...every round till then will be carry or push cart. Walking 18 and cramping is embarrassing lol

> >

> > We played 36, 36, 18, and 18. I never cramped up, but my feet/ankles hurt like ****. Day 3 & 4, I must have loosened up the scar tissue in there and I felt great/played much better.

>

> > @kro88 said:

> > I am new to Ping. Am loving my new BPs but have a question. Compared with other sets I've owned it looks as though the lie angle progression from 4-PW is a bit unusual. a black dot set's specs go from a pretty standard, maybe even flatish longer iron to more upright in the shorter irons. Has anyone bent the set to a more standard progression?

>

> Easy enough to bend. I like the opposite — more upright long irons to boost the draw shot shape and distance I like, moving to flatter lies in the wedges based on short game lessons I’ve taken and the advice of coaches like Stan Utley, whose videos I like. One of his tips is he believes a lot of amateurs play their wedges too upright. I like wedge shots to fall softly to the right. Really upright wedges look a little funny at address to me. My spec is consistently 1 degree upright (from Mizuno’s standard) but I don’t do that in the 9 through wedges.

>

>

I agree with your assessment - I would typically prefer to be flatter in the shorter clubs. i just find the lie angle progression to be unusual to what I've seen in the past.

ProV1x - #41

I was at Ping's Canadian HQ yesterday for a seminar. The advice from their longest term fitter is stay away from the Blueprint unless you have CONSISTENT Tour level swing speed.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

I would agree MB’s should not be AM’s go to club design but what does Tour level swing speed have to do with iron design? Flight and spin I would assume? Seems it would make more sense to say Tour level ball striking abilities. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @"Big Ben" said:

> I would agree MB’s should not be AM’s go to club design but what does Tour level swing speed have to do with iron design? Flight and spin I would assume? Seems it would make more sense to say Tour level ball striking abilities. BB

Forgiveness on slight mishits will still be there if you have some swing speed

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

> @"Big Ben" said:

> I would agree MB’s should not be AM’s go to club design but what does Tour level swing speed have to do with iron design? Flight and spin I would assume? Seems it would make more sense to say Tour level ball striking abilities. BB

I disagree that "MB's should not be an amateur players go to club design".

For some amateur players the relatively small head size of the MB design could be the model they most easily and consistently square at impact.

I have played iron sets ranging from small MB heads to the largest head super game improvement design and believe each type has its own positives and negatives.

> @Fairway14 said:

> > @"Big Ben" said:

> > I would agree MB’s should not be AM’s go to club design but what does Tour level swing speed have to do with iron design? Flight and spin I would assume? Seems it would make more sense to say Tour level ball striking abilities. BB

>

> I disagree that "MB's should not be an amateur players go to club design".

> For some amateur players the relatively small head size of the MB design could be the model they most easily and consistently square at impact.

> I have played iron sets ranging from small MB heads to the largest head super game improvement design and believe each type has its own positives and negatives.

Squaring the club at impact? Really? If you’re decent you should be able to square a shovel at impact. This holds as much merit as “blades make me focus more”. You should be focusing on any iron you’re hitting and squaring the club at impact regardless of head design.

I’m not talking about elite Am’s here I’m talking about the golfing community as a whole. If having fun is a priority MB’s are simply not practical for most players. If this doesn’t apply to you that’s ok. If you love your MB’s and have fun, so be it. If I’m being honest I know exactly 2 players who truly have the games to play any style iron with success. Neither of these gents play musclebacks. Me on the other hand, I’m a club junkie. So yes, MB’s make there way into the rotation. Am I truly accomplished enough to maintain the lowest possible index with them? Not a chance and I’m a very competent ball sticker. Are they the sexist purest form of iron with the most mystique you bet ya! BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @Fairway14 said:

> > @"Big Ben" said:

> > I would agree MB’s should not be AM’s go to club design but what does Tour level swing speed have to do with iron design? Flight and spin I would assume? Seems it would make more sense to say Tour level ball striking abilities. BB

>

> I disagree that "MB's should not be an amateur players go to club design".

> For some amateur players the relatively small head size of the MB design could be the model they most easily and consistently square at impact.

> I have played iron sets ranging from small MB heads to the largest head super game improvement design and believe each type has its own positives and negatives.

I’ll side with you brother and get beat up too , seems whether a statement or an opinion you make is right or wrong you’re always going to get it thrown back at you lol .

And when you’re actually out there on the course and you get these veterans that live on the course, plan every day and you blame it on the clubhead or whatever, they’ll tell you it’s that 6 inches between your ears or whatever. So I’ll say just to pleasure them, yeah you’re right when I play an iron with a bigger head I feel I can never miss the ball and I’ll hit more on the toe with a game improvement iron than I will with a small blade. That’s why I’ve ordered a second set with the proper specs and shaft this time. first time out I just ordered them stock and all though hit them pretty good the shaft was not right, and right about this point of my comments a lot of people will say the shaft has nothing to do with it. I get tired of hearing that too because the shaft is everything, guess you don’t need a transmission in a car either. A great example of that is I got an excellent deal $140 for a slightly used M5 Three wood. Was advertised as 1 inch custom stiff shaft, it was the same one I have in my M5 drivers so I got it but now that I got it, whoever put it together was totally wrong, no way TM built that. 41” 50 g. You could not even hit that straight if you wanted to, I even let an 82-year-old man try to hit it, thought it would be perfect for him, he couldn’t even hit it. So are you golfing public agrees that it’s all between your ears well it makes sense that your brain is going to make you focus on a smaller object if that object has to hit something smaller. It’s just like having a 460 cc driver, your mindset tells you how could you miss the ball with such a big head, yeah, but why can you hit a Fivewood almost, almost as long as you can hit your driver, sure shaft length but I play my woods choking up and down for length consistently. I’m an eight handicap and getting the blueprint irons not because I believe they are a true blade, I believe they’re actually a small headed game improvement iron, with some hidden perimeter weight in such a manner that you can’t tell, but seems like the only club you can get with almost no offset is a muscle back and when I get a club with offset, I get through the ball good enough that I don’t need help going left, and a club with offset does not always work well with me. Now My current set, Ping 410’s, are not that offset but they are a little harder to control and I do not hit them in the center of the club face like I did the blueprint irons & Srixon Z forged, I might lose 10 yards but I’d rather have the accuracy up the middle and short instead of left and right having long come back. What I see a lot of, or Hear is that guy should not be playing that type of iron but what they don’t notice, is the guy never gets off the tee and he can’t putt, so there you go beat me up. Yo Adrian I did it!!!

> @JerryTBall said:

> > @Fairway14 said:

> > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > I would agree MB’s should not be AM’s go to club design but what does Tour level swing speed have to do with iron design? Flight and spin I would assume? Seems it would make more sense to say Tour level ball striking abilities. BB

> >

> > I disagree that "MB's should not be an amateur players go to club design".

> > For some amateur players the relatively small head size of the MB design could be the model they most easily and consistently square at impact.

> > I have played iron sets ranging from small MB heads to the largest head super game improvement design and believe each type has its own positives and negatives.

> I’ll side with you brother and get beat up too , seems whether a statement or an opinion you make is right or wrong you’re always going to get it thrown back at you lol .

> And when you’re actually out there on the course and you get these veterans that live on the course, plan every day and you blame it on the clubhead or whatever, they’ll tell you it’s that 6 inches between your ears or whatever. So I’ll say just to pleasure them, yeah you’re right when I play an iron with a bigger head I feel I can never miss the ball and I’ll hit more on the toe with a game improvement iron than I will with a small blade. That’s why I’ve ordered a second set with the proper specs and shaft this time. first time out I just ordered them stock and all though hit them pretty good the shaft was not right, and right about this point of my comments a lot of people will say the shaft has nothing to do with it. I get tired of hearing that too because the shaft is everything, guess you don’t need a transmission in a car either. A great example of that is I got an excellent deal $140 for a slightly used M5 Three wood. Was advertised as 1 inch custom stiff shaft, it was the same one I have in my M5 drivers so I got it but now that I got it, whoever put it together was totally wrong, no way TM built that. 41” 50 g. You could not even hit that straight if you wanted to, I even let an 82-year-old man try to hit it, thought it would be perfect for him, he couldn’t even hit it. So are you golfing public agrees that it’s all between your ears well it makes sense that your brain is going to make you focus on a smaller object if that object has to hit something smaller. It’s just like having a 460 cc driver, your mindset tells you how could you miss the ball with such a big head, yeah, but why can you hit a Fivewood almost, almost as long as you can hit your driver, sure shaft length but I play my woods choking up and down for length consistently. I’m an eight handicap and getting the blueprint irons not because I believe they are a true blade, I believe they’re actually a small headed game improvement iron, with some hidden perimeter weight in such a manner that you can’t tell, but seems like the only club you can get with almost no offset is a muscle back and when I get a club with offset, I get through the ball good enough that I don’t need help going left, and a club with offset does not always work well with me. Now My current set, Ping 410’s, are not that offset but they are a little harder to control and I do not hit them in the center of the club face like I did the blueprint irons & Srixon Z forged, I might lose 10 yards but I’d rather have the accuracy up the middle and short instead of left and right having long come back. What I see a lot of, or Hear is that guy should not be playing that type of iron but what they don’t notice, is the guy never gets off the tee and he can’t putt, so there you go beat me up. Yo Adrian I did it!!!

>

Is there an audiobook version available...

Can't figure how to like my own posts

> @balls_deep said:

> > @Fairway14 said:

> > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > I would agree MB’s should not be AM’s go to club design but what does Tour level swing speed have to do with iron design? Flight and spin I would assume? Seems it would make more sense to say Tour level ball striking abilities. BB

> >

> > I disagree that "MB's should not be an amateur players go to club design".

> > For some amateur players the relatively small head size of the MB design could be the model they most easily and consistently square at impact.

> > I have played iron sets ranging from small MB heads to the largest head super game improvement design and believe each type has its own positives and negatives.

>

> Squaring the club at impact? Really? If you’re decent you should be able to square a shovel at impact. This holds as much merit as “blades make me focus more”. You should be focusing on any iron you’re hitting and squaring the club at impact regardless of head design.

Can we agree that an iron three or four times the size of anything on the market today would be much too large, hard to swing and, or, square at impact ?

If so, then it is just a question of "what size is too large "?

I've got a set of Mizuno MP4's (relatively small MB) and a set of Ping G700 irons (probably the largest head design available). If I play a round with the MP4's I'll strike more solid-square shots with those than I do the G700's. When I platy a round with the G700's I strike fewer solid square shots, but the mishits with a G700 have better distance consistency than the mishits with an MP4. My greens-in-regulation and scoring average is the same with either set.

So, for my game it's a toss up between small or large head iron. But for other players, regardless of their skill level or handicap, I could definitely believe they are more consistent , hit more greens, shoot better scores with small head rather than large or large rather than small head. So, I think the decision should be made on a player to player basis rather than golf company marketing which tries to categorize club designs and models by skill level.