3 Hybrid Ping I20 20 degree
    5-Gap Wedge: Ping G30 
    Sand Wedge: Ping Glide 56 degree 
    ]Lob Wedge: Ping Glide 60 degree
    Putter: Lynx Black Cat BC3 center shaft 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • McgeenoMcgeeno  2116Members Posts: 2,116

I am a guy in his 30s and I have a government job with lots of flex time and vacation.

I also have no kids and my wife is an avid golfer.

I usually get out 5-6 days per week. I'm teeing off by 3-4 during the week with no trouble.

Posted:
  • dan360dan360 Paisano  5411Members Posts: 5,411

IUOE journeyman here. When I worked swing/2nd shift I could golf every day in the morning and still have a few hrs before work for other things.

On day shift, if working 5-8’s can golf in afternoons. Off at 1430. If working 4-10’s it’s a little tougher in the winter with a 1630 off time but can still do 3x/week.

It’s getting dark up here in the winter between 1630-1730 but 9 holes with a cart is doable.

OT screws it up a bit but pays for Pebble Beach and Bandon at other times so it’s a wash.

Daily, or near daily golf, is pretty easy actually. Especially when single with no kids.

Posted:
    WITB 29JUL2019
    • Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
    • Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
    • shopping for this gap...
    • CB3 4-G 
    • PM Grind '19 54/60/64
    • Anser 2 Jim Wells Tour Proto 36"
  • llewol007llewol007 4KidsGolfer  3445ClubWRX Posts: 3,445

Im working on being self employed and you can golf everyday if you planned it. After a while though, I would trade in couple of single rounds during the week for a couple of rounds with my buddies. Golf is also about sharing the time with your friends and watching them and your self play some great shots.

Posted:
    Cobra F8 9* Aldila Rogue 60 3.0 X Stiff
    Cobra LTD 14.5 Degree Aldila Rogue 70 3.3 X Stiff
    Cobra LTD 17.5 Degree Aldila Rogue 70 3.6 X Stiff
    Cobra Utility 20.5 DG AMT S300 Black HHx1
    Cobra MB/CB 4-PW DG AMT S300 Black HHx1
    Cobra Pur 52/58 S200 
    Odyssey Grim Reaper 
    Vice Pro+/Snell Mtbx
  • csperling3csperling3  17Members Posts: 17

eat golf sleep repeat

Posted:
  • DrewBallinDrewBallin  93Members Posts: 93

I could easily get out a few times a week with my work schedule. My wife would probably not approve though.

Posted:
    In my Cobra King stand bag

driver-- Cobra King LTD with ust elements fire x-stiff shaft
    hybrids-- Cobra F6 2/3 & 3/4
    irons-- Cobra cb/mb 3-pw KBS c-taper 120 shafts
    wedge-- Cobra tour trusty 56*
    putter-- MLA tour mallet

Advertisement
  • KAndyManKAndyMan JUST GOTTA SEND IT!!! Trident/Lowcountry area 406Members Posts: 406

I “retired” at 31. More of a glorified break from work thats lasted almost 4 years now. Though now im working on getting another business fired up and once its got the right people in the right places with the right systems ill start another one and keep repeating till the day they put me in the dirt. I knew that if i didnt take a break sometime i never would. I didnt have 2 nickles to rub together when i started, i worked 100+hours/week for a few years and when i quit i had aqquired quite a nice collection of heavy equipment. Sold my machines and took my retirement early. Figured why not do it when the kids are babies/young and i can still physically move around at a decent speed. Played golf almost every day and while i got pretty good (down around scratch for a bit) it honestly started getting a bit old. Some of the looks people give you too when they ask the stupid old question “what do you do?” And you answer with “well i wake up when ever i feel like it, fool around for a bit then go golfing”. People tend NOT to like that answer for some reason when you are in your early 30s.

Though bittersweet my “retirement”/WRX days are nearing an end (least a good slow down) now that im starting to ramp stuff back up. Ill still play 2-3x/week but mostly for business related reasons.

Posted:
  • DMAICDMAIC  82Members Posts: 82

I typicaly sneak in 9 after work a few days a week and then 18 on Saturday and sometimes Sunday. I can't wait for retirement so I can play everyday.

Posted:
  • AdExecAdExec Scottsdale, AZ  43Members Posts: 43

After back to back 18 hole rounds I find my swing gets lazier. Could definitely alternate full rounds with short game practice and be a happy camper though.

Posted:
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3  1110Members Posts: 1,110

49 retired, play as much as I want. Problem is guys I enjoy golfing with most are not retired.

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt  3798Members Posts: 3,798

When I lived in Atlanta I started playing with a group of guys that were retired FDNY or NYPD. They get to retire early and they all had wives that made a lot of money. I also played with a bunch of Georgia Power guys that basically retired, but had wives that made a fortune.

When I lived in Myrtle Beach, there were a lot of cases of Mr. Mom's or guys that didn't work. Essentially, they and their wife had dreamed about living in a place like Myrtle Beach and the wife would find a good job at a bank and the husband couldn't find a job because the job market is not that good. So they decided to move to the area anyway and have the wife as the bread winner while the husband stayed home, cleaned the house, made dinner, etc. That wasn't uncommon.

Then you have the route of being wealthy or downright suspicious means of living. One friend of mine grew up in money and never worked a day in his life and plays golf every day in season. During the winter time, he skis every day.

Another friend of mine's parents own a chain of liquor stores and gave him a few stores to run. He plays golf in the morning and then hooks up his XBox behind the counter and plays most of the day during 'work.' I also knew a guy in Atlanta that made a fortune off some type of software and retired at 38 years old and played golf almost every day. And one of my best friends growing up playing junior golf used to have his parents pay for virtually anything he wanted and payed for him to play AJGA events cross the country. Nobody ever knew what his parents did for a living and he has never worked a day in his life and we have no idea where he's getting the money. He plays golf every day in the summer in NY and then moves to Florida during the winter and plays golf every day. I'll just say that he's Italian and leave it at that. But seriously, I've known him since I was 12 years old and nobody knows what his parents or himself do for money.

RH

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MychMych  2024Members Posts: 2,024

I have two buddies who play almost every day for most of the year and still have jobs. One owns an insurance company. He doesn't play during the open enrollment time of year, but can play almost every day from mid-January until mid-November. The other is a self employed accountant who only has a few relatively routine and longstanding clients. There are about 3-4 days that he can't play around the end of each quarter or fiscal year. Then he doesn't play very much in March, April, or October (tax day for extension filers). Other than that, he's always playing.

Posted:
    Post edited by Mych on
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ F6 Baffler 16 ~ Baffler 2h ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • Santiago GolfSantiago Golf I Strive to make you Better  5073Members Posts: 5,073

I teach golf and ill go on stretches where i will play holes (never full 18, hardly more than 9) for 3-6 weeks straight everyday. Though i will go on 3-6 week stretches where i will play less 18 holes total. Its all bout balance

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade M2 '17 10.5*; Accura Tour Z Pink, 85 M5 (285, can get one or two to carry 300+ if needed)
    Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*; Diamana Blueboard 72x (255)

LOOKING FOR A 7 Wood (probably gunna be 230-235 club)
    Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-AW; Aldila VS Proto "By You" 100x
    4-5; 38", 61* lie, 5 iron weight (220, 210) 6-8; 37", 62* lie, 8 iron weight (195, 180, 165) 9-AW; 36", 63* lie (150, 130, 110)

S Wedge: Scratch 1018 DS 57*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35.5", 63.5* lie (85): I HARDLY USE IT IN THE BUNKER
    L Wedge: Maltby Third Wedge (Custom Grind) 62*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35", 64* lie: THIS IS MY BUNKER CLUB, HARDLY USE FROM OUTSIDE 40 YARDS!!
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 MB, YES! Tour Tracey (for practice only)

Ball: Vice Pro
    Grip: Super Stroke S-Tech Cord (Woods +6 wraps, Irons and wedges +8 wraps)
  • bladesoshanterbladesoshanter CT 52Members Posts: 52

The only thing stopping me from playing 365 days a year is the body barking. I've got what I imagine are common injuries for guys my age (56), but still am out there hoofing it 4-5-6 days a week anyway. I'd do 36-45 a dy if I could. No kids or major responsibilities helps. Golf is a way of life to some. Not so for others. I chased my business down the drain and had a bad injury so was sidelined for a long stretch, but rebounded last year and will play my way into a coffin before I stop (humor). It helps to work for yourself.

Posted:

Titleist 983E 8.5* Fujikura Vista Tour Series 70
    Titleist 909 F2 15.5* Project X 7B3 6.5 TS 75G
    Titleist T-MB 716 UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 110 F5 3-4
    Titleist MB 716 UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 110 F5 5-9
    Titleist BV SM5 48* F Nippon Pro Modus
    Titleist BV SM6 52* F KBS Hi Rev
    Titleist BV SM6 56* F KBS Hi Rev
    Titleist BV SM6 60* K KBS Hi Rev
    Scotty Cameron Newport Pro Platinum Mil-Spec 340G
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-Maryland 2267Members Posts: 2,267

Retired, and my wife wants me out of the house. Course is across the street. I get in at least 9 most days. The only thing that prevents me from playing more is my aging body.

Posted:
  • jak77jak77  79Members Posts: 79

I dont think I could play every day. There was a time where I would practice almost every day and then play on the weekends. I felt that that was too much. I found that I played much better with only one and at most two range sessions followed by weekend rounds.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file