2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

> @freeze16172002 said:

> That speed slot or whatever TM calls it bothers me for some reason

Yeah i'm not sure if that runs throughout the entire set as I only had a 7 iron and 2 iron to toy with.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> Swing update:

>

> So I was in Jacksonville for work and decided to get some time in with DC/Iteach. The first time I worked with Dan I scheduled a full 3 days as I wanted to make some serious changes. The way Dan teaches was new to me and to say it was eye-opening would be an understatement. This time around I was able to carve out a half day so I hit Dan up and got on the books. He's at a new club (Golf club at South Hampton) where he built a teaching studio which keeps you out of the hot florida sun (huge plus). Anyway the main goal was to improve consistency and club path as I constantly battle getting stuck and having a too in to out club path which also creates a shallow AOA. The other thing I wanted to work on was reducing the stress on my elbow (tennis elbow issues) and extensor muscles. Because I tended to come up and out of the shot my arms fired hard at the ball which puts a lot of stress on the tendons and muscles in the arm.

I don't see Dan nearly enough, nor do I really play enough now to justify a special trip down, but I think he is a fantastic teacher and have seen him a handful of times. I like that he's very thorough with his explanation and I always learn a ton. Nice to see you getting down there and putting in some time with him, hope to see it all come together soon.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

> @Puppetmaster said:

> > @J13 said:

> > Swing update:

> >

> > So I was in Jacksonville for work and decided to get some time in with DC/Iteach. The first time I worked with Dan I scheduled a full 3 days as I wanted to make some serious changes. The way Dan teaches was new to me and to say it was eye-opening would be an understatement. This time around I was able to carve out a half day so I hit Dan up and got on the books. He's at a new club (Golf club at South Hampton) where he built a teaching studio which keeps you out of the hot florida sun (huge plus). Anyway the main goal was to improve consistency and club path as I constantly battle getting stuck and having a too in to out club path which also creates a shallow AOA. The other thing I wanted to work on was reducing the stress on my elbow (tennis elbow issues) and extensor muscles. Because I tended to come up and out of the shot my arms fired hard at the ball which puts a lot of stress on the tendons and muscles in the arm.

>

> I don't see Dan nearly enough, nor do I really play enough now to justify a special trip down, but I think he is a fantastic teacher and have seen him a handful of times. I like that he's very thorough with his explanation and I always learn a ton. Nice to see you getting down there and putting in some time with him, hope to see it all come together soon.

Dan knows his stuff for sure and one thing you will walk away with is more knowledge on the swing. Been practicing what we went over and it's slowly coming around. At the stage where out of 10 shots (on course) I'll hit 2 or 3 successfully. Problem for me is always trying to inject speed on the course which doesn't work well with a brain swimming in new movements haha.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

• 2 weeks later...

> @oldhamer25 said:

> Hey J, did you have the ad vr tipped any?

Yes I believe it was 1/2"

Edel PROTO

• 3 weeks later...

NEW DEVELOPMENT dropping soon!! I'll link it in here but I will start a standalone thread for this one (it will need it) :wink: Next week at some point. Stay tuned.... :smiley: 07bxh2ex3rca.gif

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

How about a hint?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @GC70 said:

> How about a hint?

Sure thing. It has to do with irons :smiley: and something I've been wanting to do for quite some time. I will drop a link in here when it goes up.

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @GC70 said:

> > How about a hint?

> Sure thing. It has to do with irons :smiley: and something I've been wanting to do for quite some time. I will drop a link in here when it goes up.

:o Srixons might be in danger? :#

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @GC70 said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @GC70 said:

> > > How about a hint?

> > Sure thing. It has to do with irons :smiley: and something I've been wanting to do for quite some time. I will drop a link in here when it goes up.

> :o Srixons might be in danger? :#

>

Srixons are being laid to rest after this season. They have been loyal but it will be a new setup come spring. Might stay in the Srixon family but might jump to another OEM, not sure.

> @Breezy-3- said:

> Graphite shafts?

You've been paying attention ;-)

Edel PROTO

P7tw with rebar.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Wow some really good guesses in here.

Breezy - I'm with ya and i'm at the point where I've been playing Modus 120TX's for a while and although they are better than most steel shafts I think it's time to take it to the next level. Of course performance has to be there otherwise i'll maybe do inserts.

TrueWRX - MP20's are on the hotlist for sure but i'm not going to decide irons until after the PGA Show. I won't be playing much over the winter anyway so no point in pulling the trigger right now.

Deuce - haha I do love the TW's

Edel PROTO

> @"double or triple?" said:

> Any love for PX catalysts?

Not sharing just yet as I have to do some pics so i can roll it out correctly but i've heard positive things about the Catalysts shafts. But what I'm testing just arrived from Asia, these are FRESH :wink:

Edel PROTO

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

J, are you still gaming the MD3's? If so are you thinking something new after your graphite experiment?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

> @GC70 said:

> J, are you still gaming the MD3's? If so are you thinking something new after your graphite experiment?

>

Yes. MD4's (except the 60*) looked odd to me where the hosel went into the leading edge. Made it look like they had a lot of offset so I stuck with the MD3's. With that said I really like the MD5's so those will be in the bag for next season.

On a side note I just updated the Mitsubishi MMT review thread! Just dropped a swing video on my instagram with them as well (insta handle in sig below)

• Like 2

Edel PROTO

Edel PROTO

• 3 weeks later...

> @J13 said:

> UPDATE:

>

> **Ping G410LST** -

> Great looking head, much better sound than the G410Plus and around 250ish rpm's lower in spin for me compared to the Plus (in stock form). Overall Ping did a great job but it's not better than my Triple Diamond and it's almost identical (results wise) to my G400LST. With that said I parted ways with the driver as it didn't win in dispersion or distance over the Cally Triple Diamond. I tried multiple shafts in it but couldn't get it to produce anything magical. Flight was mid and there's really nothing negative to say about it other than it wasn't better than what i have. If you were to ask me in April what i would be playing I would have said Ping G410LST all the way but the Triple Diamond from Callaway has proved to be a phenomenal driver.

>

> **Ping G410 Plus**

> Great looking head but sound/feel is loud. Forgiveness is exceptional and spin is well within the good range for optimizing a driver. I find the Plus to be the bigger leap forward from Ping this year as they kept super high MOI while reducing spin in the head. Also tried multiple shafts in this head and couldn't find anything special until I tried the Graphite Design Tour AD VR 7X. Now keep in mind I tried this shaft in my Triple Diamond and HATED IT. Feel wise it was good but dispersion was garbage so I tried to unload it on the BST and Ebay and had a hard time as it's a fairly new shaft and not much hype around it. So on a whim I put it in my G410Plus head and headed to the course for a money game. I figured I'd try the combo before i played but the Triple would be in the bag when the round started. Fast forward to the first tee I decided I'll give the Plus at least 9 holes as I hit it pretty well on the range (unexpectedly). So I gave the Triple to our Pro and asked if he could toss it in his office and I will most likely need it for the back 9 haha. I actually took out a club so I could add the Triple if needed at the turn and not create a fuss. With all of that said the Plus never came out and I hit 8 for 8 fairways on the day for a -4 (68) and left the course with some change in my pocket ;-) The VR shaft is INCREDIBLE in this head, I highly suggest people trying this new shaft. Very stable and it's definitely giving me a little more ballspeed compared to the other shafts I've tried in the Plus.

>

> The race is down to the Callaway Triple Diamond vs G410 Plus. Both exceptional

Hey J13! I wanted to circle back to this. I currently game a max with a pro orange 70tx and can stand to lose some spin and launch, I have a line on a ping g410 lst with a tour ad vr 7x, can you do any comparisons between the pro orange and tour ad vr 7x.

TaylorMade QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

TaylorMade stealth plus 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Taylormade stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

> @collje26 said:

> > @J13 said:

> > UPDATE:

> >

> > **Ping G410LST** -

> > Great looking head, much better sound than the G410Plus and around 250ish rpm's lower in spin for me compared to the Plus (in stock form). Overall Ping did a great job but it's not better than my Triple Diamond and it's almost identical (results wise) to my G400LST. With that said I parted ways with the driver as it didn't win in dispersion or distance over the Cally Triple Diamond. I tried multiple shafts in it but couldn't get it to produce anything magical. Flight was mid and there's really nothing negative to say about it other than it wasn't better than what i have. If you were to ask me in April what i would be playing I would have said Ping G410LST all the way but the Triple Diamond from Callaway has proved to be a phenomenal driver.

> >

> > **Ping G410 Plus**

> > Great looking head but sound/feel is loud. Forgiveness is exceptional and spin is well within the good range for optimizing a driver. I find the Plus to be the bigger leap forward from Ping this year as they kept super high MOI while reducing spin in the head. Also tried multiple shafts in this head and couldn't find anything special until I tried the Graphite Design Tour AD VR 7X. Now keep in mind I tried this shaft in my Triple Diamond and HATED IT. Feel wise it was good but dispersion was garbage so I tried to unload it on the BST and Ebay and had a hard time as it's a fairly new shaft and not much hype around it. So on a whim I put it in my G410Plus head and headed to the course for a money game. I figured I'd try the combo before i played but the Triple would be in the bag when the round started. Fast forward to the first tee I decided I'll give the Plus at least 9 holes as I hit it pretty well on the range (unexpectedly). So I gave the Triple to our Pro and asked if he could toss it in his office and I will most likely need it for the back 9 haha. I actually took out a club so I could add the Triple if needed at the turn and not create a fuss. With all of that said the Plus never came out and I hit 8 for 8 fairways on the day for a -4 (68) and left the course with some change in my pocket ;-) The VR shaft is INCREDIBLE in this head, I highly suggest people trying this new shaft. Very stable and it's definitely giving me a little more ballspeed compared to the other shafts I've tried in the Plus.

> >

> > The race is down to the Callaway Triple Diamond vs G410 Plus. Both exceptional

>

> Hey J13! I wanted to circle back to this. I currently game a max with a pro orange 70tx and can stand to lose some spin and launch, I have a line on a ping g410 lst with a tour ad vr 7x, can you do any comparisons between the pro orange and tour ad vr 7x.

Very different shafts especially considering how counter balanced the Pro orange is. I would say the LST combo will be lower spin and more stable leading to better dispersion. Pro Orange is notorious for being great at ball speed but dispersion suffers for many due to the extreme counter balance. I'd jump on that combo if you need lower spin.

Edel PROTO

Just wanted to follow up and say thank you for the info and advice on the EF triple diamond. As much as I love my G410lst it was hard to ignore the smash factor and ball speeds when I did my fitting. Been playing an Accra tour z rpg in the EF and the Ping is officially benched. Played in a scramble on a tight course and hit the highest amount of fairways and most important my mishits weren’t far behind my good strikes. Now I have a hzrdus smoke green on the way to do a shaft shootout.

> @youngunz5840 said:

> Just wanted to follow up and say thank you for the info and advice on the EF triple diamond. As much as I love my G410lst it was hard to ignore the smash factor and ball speeds when I did my fitting. Been playing an Accra tour z rpg in the EF and the Ping is officially benched. Played in a scramble on a tight course and hit the highest amount of fairways and most important my mishits weren’t far behind my good strikes. Now I have a hzrdus smoke green on the way to do a shaft shootout.

Glad to help and that's pretty much what I saw when I tested the EF Triple vs everything else. It's just so consistent for me ballspeed and spin wise that I can't seem to get it out of the bag. I'm not saying it's untouchable (i'd be kidding myself) but i'm really anxious to see if anything comes out next year that challenges it.

Edel PROTO

• 2 months later...

Testing, Testing, 1.2.3

Been in the MMT thread a lot but it's time to update the bag. Below is a picture of the clubs that survived to 2020.

JRTYM525NPGH.jpeg

• Like 2

Edel PROTO

Testing continues. Starting with the SIM and a host of shafts. Soon Maverik will be added

GYS57I8XF5AQ.jpeg

Edel PROTO

Custom ventus?

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx