NFL 2019 Season Discussion

touch

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

Wow, maybe he is really a few bricks shy of a load, lol?

https://nypost.com/2019/09/08/antonio-brown-took-absurd-measures-to-force-raiders-release/

Cheers?

RP

• Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Good quick article in the NY Post link RIchard. Thanks for sharing.

...and just as you stated numerous times, they don't trade to an opponent in the AFC east of the Mississippi.

> @touch said:

> Good quick article in the NY Post link RIchard. Thanks for sharing.

> ...and just as you stated numerous times, they don't trade to an opponent in the AFC east of the Mississippi.

>

Despite my personal feelings about AB, I hate to see anyone get “railroaded,” cuz just because they’re a moron, and I’ve known and Played with quite a few, that doesn’t make em a criminal.

That being said, based on what was in the news regarding this situation, I had a lot of questions, starting with the timing of this filing, moving to the fact that apparently after each of those “incidents” they were together consensually and not the least of which AB rebuffed her request for $1.2M+ for a business venture that she wanted to start.

My biggest question~

If she was indeed “raped,” why no criminal charges???

However, on the flip side, the woman stated her name in the filing, unlike the majority, 80%, according to a criminal defense attorney Bud who said that the accuser/plaintiff will use “Jane Doe” or initials to keep anonymity in approximately 4 out of 5 cases.

Also, her damage claim was for $75,000???

That doesn’t cover the normal legal fees of such a case if it goes to trial(again, according to my Bud). This is not the typical amount requested in such cases(see: B Rothlisberger) and hardly the amount of someone trying to “hit the lottery.”

More like someone who is trying to make a point versus someone trying to obtain post-trial retirement.

Then you have this women approaching the NFL to sit down, present her story and answer any questions that the NFL might have this upcoming week.

If the old adage, “the best defense is a great offense” holds true here, this Lady is a friggin All-Pro!!

According to the federal filings, and please remember that felony perjury charges are attached if one knowingly “commits falsehoods” in their statement(s) and/or filing(s), she passed a lie detector test, which I’m guessing was pretty comprehensive for it to be included as supporting evidence cuz if I’m AB’s attorneys, I’m gonna want another Polygraph Examiner to administer a second exam.

Nah, this woman is either being coached by an exceptional “coach,” she’s Playin at an All-Pro level or simply, she’s telling the truth.

Anyway ya cut it, AB bit off more that he ever expected & is in for a real dog fight here and his social media circus? & antics ain’t gonna get him outa this one.

Oh yea, “furtively masturbated” ????

I get that attorneys are always tryin to baffle others with words that while in the English lexicon, are rarely if ever used in everyday language(between employees and friends, I’m surrounded by friggin attorneys, lol), though this description did make me laugh, though if factual, and apparently there are texts from AB supporting its truthfulness, he’s a pathetic pig.

Seriously

https://nypost.com/2019/09/11/antonio-brown-accuser-passed-lie-detector-test/

What’s going to be interesting is that one of the supposed incidents occurred in Pittsburgh while he was here and the Pgh DA(elected position), Stephen Zapala, the quintessential politician, opportunist and general political scvmbag, stated that he was opening an investigation and what would give me pause if I’m AB’s attorney(s) is that after a recently passed domestic violence based law, the DA does not need the victim’s consent, cooperation or assistance to press criminal charges and move forward with prosecution.

He’s exactly the type that would move forward with a prosecution under the guise of “protecting female rape/sexual assault victims” when he is simply grandstanding and his sole motive is purely self serving to pander to the female vote.

None the less, I see an “Exemption List” comin from the comish’s office?

As always, just my .03 worth?

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I agree here. If the sole purpose for Roger Goodell and his $44M salary is to protect the shield, then this cannot sit well at all. There is a HUGE difference between filing anonymously and putting your name and reputation on the lawsuit. There is also a huge difference between millions of dollars and $75,000 when the player in question makes millions of dollars per year. I am not expert on these types of things, but it isn't uncommon for these women (for whatever reason) to believe the aggressor has changed or has promised not to do it again. Just about any sufferer of domestic violence has done the same thing over and over again, and I think it speaks to the desire to see the best in people.

Here is a guy who berated his ex-wife, throws furniture out windows, cant see the world beyond his blonde mustache. He has shown he generally sees the world, his teammates, and his career as his alone and nothing he does can derail his freakish ability. But then when confronted with a QB like Carr, he had to realize the error of his ways and that he needed someone to get him the ball, but instead of admitting his error and needs, he hired a consultant to get out of the situation he alone created.

I konw we are innocent until proven guilty, and there have been many high profile cases like this which proved false (Duke lacrosse team being the one on the top of my head), but this feels like there is more merit here than the NFL is letting on. In a perfect world, AB84 would be asked to sit out until this comes to a close, but we all know, when protecting the shield the most important protection is the product on the field not the optics of the product off the field.

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @Forged4ever said:

> > I just hit the link and it took me to the video...

> >

> >

> >

> > Cheers?

> > RP

>

> No accounting for Facebook. When I go to the same like, I just get their "marketplace". I guess it depends on how your account is set up and what your history is. I know I get entirely different feeds on my computer vs my cell phone vs my iPad. That makes no sense, but that's Facebook.

>

> Pats just traded away Demaryius Thomas figuring they didn't need him anymore. Might have moved too quickly on that one given AB's little problem!

No matter what happens with AB, Pats are better off without Thomas. Softest, most overrated player in the league. The bigger the game or moment, the more invisible he becomes. The only time he ever made a "clutch" play was in the playoffs against the Steelers, and that was more the stupidity of the Steelers than anything else - I could have scored on that play. Straight up addition by subtraction. He never would have been able to earn Brady's trust because when the game is on the line, he disappears.

As an aside on my above post where I mentioned that I had given AB’s accuser more credibility because her filing for $75,000 in damages showed me that it “was not about the money,” however I was mistaken as I was informed by an employee(an attorney) that that is the minimum amount that has to be filed to give the US District Court in the federal judiciary the power to hear a civil case(diversity jurisdiction) where the parties in the case are “diverse” in citizenship, ie., both from different states/nations.

The reasoning behind the ability to file civilly in the federal court versus in the state court is that the Framers of the Constitution were concerned that when a case is filed in one state, and it involves parties from that state and another state, the state court might be biased toward the party from that state.

She could be, and most likely will be, seeking substantially more, most likely into the seven figures in punitive damages. How much only time will tell.

Stay Well My Friends?

RP

> @BicknellCC said:

> Newton's accuracy leaves much to be desired so far this evening.

He’s not right physically. I don’t follow either he or the Panthers however that 4th & Game play, where the 6’5”, 245lb Newton has converted 89% of 4th & ones for either a first down or a Touchdown, and he’s not even under center????

He’s in the slot???

He’s injured and I think it’s more than the shoulder!!!

Cheers?

RP

> @MountainGoat said:

> I thought it was a clever and completely sensible play call. It just didn’t work.

Any good defense, much less a fast NFL defense will penetrate as they did, force the play wide, cut off his angle and force him to the sideline. Plus, it takes too long to develop.

If Newton’s healthy, he’s the size of a LB with the athleticism of a HB and I like the 89% success rate, which along with being the 2nd highest in the NFL, falls into line with the oldest adage in football.....

The shortest distance between the one yard line and the goal line is a straight line~

If your line cannot come off that ball, drive his man at least a foot back, a foot, not a yard, or at a minimum, create a stalemate at the defensive line so Newton can go up and over, which he does 89% of the time and no one does it better, then they don’t deserve to get the first down, the touchdown and the win.

I used to love offenses that ran east to west before heading north/south, especially in short yardage. That’s a good fast defense’s dream.

H•ll, that’s something that Tomlin would run and Ben’s at 85%??

As always, just my .03 worth?

Have a great weekend?

RP

• Like 1

Image may contain: 1 person, text

One more with the diva as the subject matter

> @Forged4ever said:

> > @MountainGoat said:

> > I thought it was a clever and completely sensible play call. It just didn’t work.

>

> Any good defense, much less a fast NFL defense will penetrate as they did, force the play wide, cut off his angle and force him to the sideline. Plus, it takes too long to develop.

>

> If Newton’s healthy, he’s the size of a LB with the athleticism of a HB and I like the 89% success rate, which along with being the 2nd highest in the NFL, falls into line with the oldest adage in football.....

>

> The shortest distance between the one yard line and the goal line is a straight line~

>

> If your line cannot come off that ball, drive his man at least a foot back, a foot, not a yard, or at a minimum, create a stalemate at the defensive line so Newton can go up and over, which he does 89% of the time and no one does it better, then they don’t deserve to get the first down, the touchdown and the win.

>

> I used to love offenses that ran east to west before heading north/south, especially in short yardage. That’s a good fast defense’s dream.

>

> H•ll, that’s something that Tomlin would run and Ben’s at 85%??

>

> As always, just my .03 worth?

>

> Have a great weekend?

> RP

>

Maryland must have read your post, because they were in exactly the same position against Temple yesterday, ran it up the middle, and got clobbered. Didn't make even an inch.

Not in D.C. dem boyz

Image result for httr image

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @Forged4ever said:

> > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > I thought it was a clever and completely sensible play call. It just didn’t work.

> >

> > Any good defense, much less a fast NFL defense will penetrate as they did, force the play wide, cut off his angle and force him to the sideline. Plus, it takes too long to develop.

> >

> > If Newton’s healthy, he’s the size of a LB with the athleticism of a HB and I like the 89% success rate, which along with being the 2nd highest in the NFL, falls into line with the oldest adage in football.....

> >

> > The shortest distance between the one yard line and the goal line is a straight line~

> >

> > If your line cannot come off that ball, drive his man at least a foot back, a foot, not a yard, or at a minimum, create a stalemate at the defensive line so Newton can go up and over, which he does 89% of the time and no one does it better, then they don’t deserve to get the first down, the touchdown and the win.

> >

> > I used to love offenses that ran east to west before heading north/south, especially in short yardage. That’s a good fast defense’s dream.

> >

> > H•ll, that’s something that Tomlin would run and Ben’s at 85%??

> >

> > As always, just my .03 worth?

> >

> > Have a great weekend?

> > RP

> >

> Maryland must have read your post, because they were in exactly the same position against Temple yesterday, ran it up the middle, and got clobbered. Didn't make even an inch.

>

Well, first, ya gotta have a legitimate offensive line?

Secondly, I don’t know that I’d be using Maryland football as an example of anything, other than the poster child of a p!ss poor program??

Temple?????

You, I and five of our buds could probably stuff em, & it’s 50/50 that we could string em to the sideline?

Have a great week Brother?

RP

Terrell Suggs today faces Ravens for whom he ranks #1 in club history w 229 gms played, 1 more than Ray Lewis. Do you know last time Baltimore Ravens played a regular season home game w/o Suggs OR Lewis on team???

NEVER!!!!

Last time was franchise’s final game in Cleveland in 1995.

Another worthless factoid??

Enjoy the games and have a great week?

RP

• Like 1

Giving the childman his due, he had a nice first game with less than a week of practice!

4 grabs, 56yds & a TD

They look like end season form and the challenge is gonna be to keep focused, driving and getting better, though between B&B(no, not Brown??), was they’re gonna be a b•tch come January!!

The Stillers???

????????

Cheers?

RP

• Like 1

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @Forged4ever said:

> > Giving the childman his due, he had a nice first game with less than a week of practice!

> >

> > 4 grabs, 56yds & a TD

> Had that in the first half, then disappeared. Wonder if he took a nap or if Bill wrote him out of the second half game plan.

Yea, that was odd, almost like they took their Mazzo out for spin, it performed as expected and they put it away.

It looked as through B&B(this time I am speaking of AB, lol) could’ve Played pitch’n catch all day and he could’ve gone for 8-10, over a hunge and a few TD’s however maybe ole man B didn’t wanna deal with that or have the Commish sittin there thinkin “WTF???,” lolol

Who knows however one thing guaranteed, and I can’t stand the guy but he’s in shape and he comes to Play.

Oh yea, it’s gonna be a long year in the Burgh though Tomlin lost the locker room 3 years ago and I just chuckle when all these media guys talk about how much praise he should get for keepin AB’s antics under wraps. All his garbage made the local paper cuz guys in the locker room couldn’t believe that he was gettin away with bein late for meeting, texting and instagramming during meetings, showing up late for practices, etc. It bothered them cuz there were too many leaks to the press from different guys. Ryan Clark spoke of it when he left.

Tomlin lost the locker room and I’ve never seen a HC get it back, especially when the chips are down and ya have to crack the whip and try to motivate guys. They’ve got long memories.

Any way ya cut it, I took NE & gave the points last week and took Seattle and the points(+4.5) this week and am up $2500 for the season?

Here we go Stiller’s, here we go???

Have a nice week?

RP

Saints v. Rams 6-6 midway through the 3rd.

What the heck, do both teams have 85 Bears D's??? !!!

Prediction

If he stays healthy and doesn't retire early, Mahomes in the coming 14 years ( takes him to age 37 ) will win more than one Super Bowl in his career. This dude is Bradyesque .

He is so phenomenal and thrilling to watch.

> @touch said:

> Prediction

> If he stays healthy and doesn't retire early, Mahomes in the coming 14 years ( takes him to age 37 ) will win more than one Super Bowl in his career. This dude is Bradyesque .

> He is so phenomenal and thrilling to watch.

>

Mitch Schwartz, a good Bud and their RT, says that exact same thing and he says that he is a “throw back,” Classy and nothing like today’s divas. He works harder than any of the other skill position Players on the team and all but a couple of linemen.

I hope that he stays healthy cuz he could be a Great one!

Have a great week Bro?

RP

• Like 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ben-roethlisberger-injury-steelers-qb-undergoing-elbow-surgery-will-miss-remainder-of-2019-season/amp/

Talk about a season goin to h•ll in a handbasket?

Only good thing to come outa the first two weeks is that I’m up $2500 betting against the boys in black’n gold?

Cheers?

RP

can we please....start jones over eli?

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Image may contain: one or more people, meme and text