globalgolf - decline in service?

teamtmag

So far I give Global Golf a 9/10.

1) Sept 2017 - ordered a value set of irons and hybrid in really good shape....ordered a very good conditioned hybrid that was basically mint.

Had a sales tax issue that was dealt with very promptly.

2) Feb 2018 - ordered a value FW & hybrid in really good shape....had another value conditioned hybrid that was in really poor shape. Called CS....because of the low cost of the poor conditioned hybrid they said it wasn't worth returning and to just keep it and they would quickly refund me the cost of the hybrid .....which they did.

FWIW....I did notice they increased some prices by approximately 10% on some higher priced items....the lower price items remained the same price.

Supply & demand pricing based on coming into the core golf season.

I think they might do a "Masters" discounting.

Do those of you who are on the side of GG’s customer service declining equate good customer service in response to a mistake with deserving something for the inconvenience? I don’t agree with this mentality, but I’m asking honestly to understand.

Can't speak for the other guys, but for me, no, I don't *expect* anything for the inconvenience. I thought we were only speaking to whether there has been a decline, which I believe there has been. A change from "Outstanding" to "Normal" is still a decline.

I will say that over time, individual transactions add up- if you make enough mistakes on my orders, and never offer me something for the inconvenience, that adds up and could lead me to purchase from you less, which I have in this case. I still don't expect anything other than to be made whole from a cash perspective- it's the seller's choice whether or not to do more. It's also my choice where to buy.

First time I have seen someone take the time to start a negative thread about a company because said company made a mistake and only corrected it........

In OP's defense, he's speaking to a decline. A decline is a decline, any way you slice it. In a saturated market, exceptional customer service could be a difference maker. I think it's disappointing in any facet of life to see customer service decline. I don't have a problem with a poster noticing something on his end and then asking others if they've experienced the same...

Do those of you who are on the side of GG’s customer service declining equate good customer service in response to a mistake with deserving something for the inconvenience? I don’t agree with this mentality, but I’m asking honestly to understand.

Can't speak for the other guys, but for me, no, I don't *expect* anything for the inconvenience. I thought we were only speaking to whether there has been a decline, which I believe there has been. A change from "Outstanding" to "Normal" is still a decline.

I will say that over time, individual transactions add up- if you make enough mistakes on my orders, and never offer me something for the inconvenience, that adds up and could lead me to purchase from you less, which I have in this case. I still don't expect anything other than to be made whole from a cash perspective- it's the seller's choice whether or not to do more. It's also my choice where to buy.

First time I have seen someone take the time to start a negative thread about a company because said company made a mistake and only corrected it........

In OP's defense, he's speaking to a decline. A decline is a decline, any way you slice it. In a saturated market, exceptional customer service could be a difference maker. I think it's disappointing in any facet of life to see customer service decline. I don't have a problem with a poster noticing something on his end and then asking others if they've experienced the same...

What exactly has declined in their customer service? To me, excellent customer service is quickly correcting a mistake.

What exactly has declined in their customer service? To me, excellent customer service is quickly correcting a mistake.

See my above post for an example. Another example is they incorrectly charged me sales tax on an item, I had to go through several different people to get it corrected when in the end it should have been corrected on my first call- dude just kept saying I was wrong. They were generally unpleasant about it whereas in the past they would have been apologetic. As a good customer I didn't appreciate it. Another example- iron set I bought about a month ago was listed as standard, but was actually 1" short. I had to return them and start my search over, meanwhile two other listings of the same iron set in pretty good shape sold, and I end up having to spend more to get the irons from somewhere else. In the past they would have offered me something for the trouble because as a golf retailer they understand the impact to the customer.

I'll answer this. If the company screwed up I would expect them to make it right. but that doesn't mean anything free or adjustment even. I just want it made right, now if I ordered something and it wasn't up to condition then ya I'd expect some type of compensation if I'm going to keep it, but again I wouldn't expect it free.

i'll give a recent example with global golf. I was looking to buy a 17 M2 driver/3w w/ a certain shaft, it wasn't avail when I ordered so I went a different route. next day the combo I wanted for both came up, so I called customer service and they made the change for me no prob. on top of that the order amount jumped by like $10-15(I don't remember exactly), they offered to adjust the price for me no questions asked. I told them it was unnecessary and I'd gladly pay, but the rep had already made the change and said not to worry about it. never had any problems with gg, it's always been top notch.

I'll answer this. If the company screwed up I would expect them to make it right. but that doesn't mean anything free or adjustment even. I just want it made right, now if I ordered something and it wasn't up to condition then ya I'd expect some type of compensation if I'm going to keep it, but again I wouldn't expect it free.

i'll give a recent example with global golf. I was looking to buy a 17 M2 driver/3w w/ a certain shaft, it wasn't avail when I ordered so I went a different route. next day the combo I wanted for both came up, so I called customer service and they made the change for me no prob. on top of that the order amount jumped by like $10-15(I don't remember exactly), they offered to adjust the price for me no questions asked. I told them it was unnecessary and I'd gladly pay, but the rep had already made the change and said not to worry about it. never had any problems with gg, it's always been top notch.

No flowers?

So, judging by your response you don't seem to think GG's customer service has declined. Or, in other words, you are not in the group I was asking this of. But, I'll play along... in your hypothetical you posed in the first paragraph, if you bought something that you didn't feel fit the condition description and contacted GG about it, and the resolution offered to you was either keep as-is (no adjustment), or return on GG's dime for a refund. Would you find fault in GG's servicing of that situation? Do you expect that GG should always offer a third option of partial refund, because they've done it for you in the past?

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

So, judging by your response you don't seem to think GG's customer service has declined. Or, in other words, you are not in the group I was asking this of. But, I'll play along... in your hypothetical you posed in the first paragraph, if you bought something that you didn't feel fit the condition description and contacted GG about it, and the resolution offered to you was either keep as-is (no adjustment), or return on GG's dime for a refund. Would you find fault in GG's servicing of that situation? Do you expect that GG should always offer a third option of partial refund, because they've done it for you in the past?

my bad if I mistook your post, was just giving my opinion since I buy from the often. ANYWAY, if I was offered either return on their dime or credit to keep I'd be happy with that. no third options needed. I don't even expect an adjustment, but I would hope due to being off on condition they cover the cost if I send it back.

FWIW....I did notice they increased some prices by approximately 10% on some higher priced items....the lower price items remained the same price.

Supply & demand pricing based on coming into the core golf season.

I think they might do a "Masters" discounting.

Global Golf must have read my post...sure enough....they just posted a 10% off on used equipment today...lol.

I've shopped at globalgolf for years and had positive experiences with them but recently have noticed their websites slowing down or crashing as well as their customer service not up to par. For example, I've recently ordered a few used clubs and one of the clubs I received was an incorrect club (not the first time this has happened) - that was a demo on top of it . In the past, their customer service has been great about being apologetic and trying to make things right by either offering some coupon or expedited shipping for the replacement club at no additional charge. This time around, not even one apology for sending the wrong club or offering any incentives trying to make things right. It almost felt like as if they were apathetic and didn't care whether you were sent the wrong club or not. Not sure if others were experiencing similar issues...

Absolutely a decline. I bought a ton of stuff from them 2013-2015. Usually pretty good serivce. They occasionally messed up but corrected it without issues. They sent me irons one inch long once, advertised as standard. The sent wrong flex a couple of times, but no big issues. I wasn't completely happy with the condition a couple times, but never enough to return the item for that reason. I bought mint condition a handful of times and loved it. Mint condition was the best deal around for some newer clubs. Played very little in 2016 and not at all in 2017. Have some time to play again so bought some used Wilson FG tour F5 irons in January, "very good condition." Received them and the clubs were borderline value to very good, but the 9 iron had a nick at the bottom of the face I wasn't happy with, although it probably did not affect playability. I was happy to pay to ship them back since I thought maybe I was being picky. I ordered a set in "Excellent condition." The new ones arrived and were worse then the first, definite value condition. I did an online return with the reason why I was unhappy, and additionally wrote an email to customer service. Never heard back from them but I expected them to pay for shipping this time. It looks like they charged me since I got a lower refund than what I paid, but I need to call them to see what that is about. I ended up buying a new set of the Wilson irons on ebay for steal and I am very happy with them.

I decided I would take another chance and go with mint condition clubs this time for some clubs I really wanted to be in good shape. I thought mint was a safe choice and I would not need to make a trip to Fedex. I bought a Cleveland wedge and a Taylormade TP Berwick putter, both in mint condition. Arrived today and the wedge is perfect, but the putter is definitely used and has a small dint in the face. Maybe very good condition putter but with the dint, it could even be considered value. The super stroke grip is kind of dirty too.

I also bought a very good condition 50 degree wedge that I wasn't planning on using very much, just wanted to have it for an option. The condition is questionable to whether it is actually very good or value, but the real issue is it is maybe an inch long or so. It is about the same length as my 8 iron. . I paid for standard length and lie and double checked my order to make sure I ordered what I thought.

This is all a shame because I really like their rewards program and they were great in the past. I will try to call this time and make sure they pay for all the shipping because I think that is fair. It they are nice about it, I will probably try again in the future. I like their website, and they do have good deals on shoes and apparel. I just hate needing to pack stuff up and take it to Fedex, and then checking to make sure they refunded me and gave me the correct amount. It is all a pain. I came on here to see if someone else has had issues. If they make it right, I will post it on here. I bought so much stuff in the past so I thought I had a great understanding of how they rate their clubs. They either really changed how they rate, or the service has just gotten sloppy. The rating system looks the same, so I think it is just sloppy work.

This is all a shame because I really like their rewards program and they were great in the past. I will try to call this time and make sure they pay for all the shipping because I think that is fair. It they are nice about it, I will probably try again in the future. I like their website, and they do have good deals on shoes and apparel. I just hate needing to pack stuff up and take it to Fedex, and then checking to make sure they refunded me and gave me the correct amount. It is all a pain. I came on here to see if someone else has had issues. If they make it right, I will post it on here. I bought so much stuff in the past so I thought I had a great understanding of how they rate their clubs. They either really changed how they rate, or the service has just gotten sloppy. The rating system looks the same, so I think it is just sloppy work.

I would highly recommend calling or doing an online chat, they are normally really helpful. I would mention your past order to see if they will refund your return shipping. Any return you feel they should cover return shipping for it would be best to call. If they agree they will email a return label.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but has anyone experienced similar issues to this day? I've never had problems in the past, but I placed an order before 12 PM CST (their cutoff time for shipping out that day) and purchased next day shipping additionally. That afternoon I noticed my order was still "processing" so I contacted an associate and was assured it would be processed and shipped out that afternoon. Having not received a shipping notification I called this morning and was told "it's still in the warehouse...I don't see any immediate issues as to why it didn't go out...I can refund the shipping and have it delivered Monday...I'll have to check with the warehouse to see if I can find out why it didn't go out." I was then placed on hold and after about 30 seconds the line hung up on their end. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they at least are refunding my shipping, but I placed my order within their guidelines and was assured it would be completed as expected.

Driver - Taylormade M2 2017 9.75*

3W - Cobra RadSpeed Draw 14.5*

5W - Callaway Epic Flash 18*

7W - Taylormade M4 5HL 21*

5H - Callaway Rogue 24*

Irons - Taylormade P790 6-PW

Wedges - TM Milled Grind 50* & 54* | Hi-Toe 60*

Putter - Nike Method Converge B1-01

Grips - MCC clone| Ball - TP5

I think its because they didnt go out of their way while correcting. I have seen. A trend lately where a lot of people arent ok with the the seller or company correcting the mistake.... They seem to expect a written apology or email saying how sorry they are. I have seen 3 or 4 threads in the last week.

Mistakes happen. Doesnt mean the seller should give you somthing for free or even apologize for the matter. Companies are making it right and these people are still pissed because they didnt take the time to send an apology email. Things are way different now and imo not for the better.

• Like 1

I've used GG for years and it has been overall positive. I've gotten some really great deals from them, and more often than not the clubs are in better shape than I would really expect.

In the past 3-6 months I have noticed a couple things going on though:

1. Their website is much slower and crashes more than I'd expect from a retail website.

2. They no longer use FedEx for trade-ins. Last few were a very odd looking USPS pre-paid label. Took forever to get to their warehouse.

3. Last few trade ins were noticeably longer to ship, receive, inspect, process, and issue my credit. I lean towards listing on eBay first now.

• Like 1

Callaway (OG) Rogue SZ

TS2 Fairways

JPX 919 Tour (4-PW)

RTX4's 50, 56

BETTI QB6

> @macedan said:

> Sorry to revive an old thread but has anyone experienced similar issues to this day? I've never had problems in the past, but I placed an order before 12 PM CST (their cutoff time for shipping out that day) and purchased next day shipping additionally. That afternoon I noticed my order was still "processing" so I contacted an associate and was assured it would be processed and shipped out that afternoon. Having not received a shipping notification I called this morning and was told "it's still in the warehouse...I don't see any immediate issues as to why it didn't go out...I can refund the shipping and have it delivered Monday...I'll have to check with the warehouse to see if I can find out why it didn't go out." I was then placed on hold and after about 30 seconds the line hung up on their end. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they at least are refunding my shipping, but I placed my order within their guidelines and was assured it would be completed as expected.

This doesn't really seem written complaint worthy. Even Amazon is sometimes late on shipments. This is just imperfection and normal for ecommerce.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @macedan said:

> > Sorry to revive an old thread but has anyone experienced similar issues to this day? I've never had problems in the past, but I placed an order before 12 PM CST (their cutoff time for shipping out that day) and purchased next day shipping additionally. That afternoon I noticed my order was still "processing" so I contacted an associate and was assured it would be processed and shipped out that afternoon. Having not received a shipping notification I called this morning and was told "it's still in the warehouse...I don't see any immediate issues as to why it didn't go out...I can refund the shipping and have it delivered Monday...I'll have to check with the warehouse to see if I can find out why it didn't go out." I was then placed on hold and after about 30 seconds the line hung up on their end. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they at least are refunding my shipping, but I placed my order within their guidelines and was assured it would be completed as expected.

>

> This doesn't really seem written complaint worthy. Even Amazon is sometimes late on shipments. This is just imperfection and normal for ecommerce.

There are just WAY too many golfers who have decided that when they play their next round, they must have the item they ordered three days in advance or their world is ruined. The amount of people who return an item or blow up because it got there a day late(usually because of the shipping company) blows my mind. Was this a one time use $500 driver and you’ll never use it again???

• Like 1

Wilson Fg Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba
Adams Tight Lies 3-16
Adams Tight Lies 5-19(Fuji Speeder 7.2)
Wilson FG Tour V4 Utility - 3
Wilson FG Tour M3 4-GW (Dynamic Gold XP)
Vokey SM 09 56
Odyssey Versa 1W WBW 34"

• 2 weeks later...

> @MooJersey said:

> I've used GG for years and it has been overall positive. I've gotten some really great deals from them, and more often than not the clubs are in better shape than I would really expect.

>

> In the past 3-6 months I have noticed a couple things going on though:

>

> 1. Their website is much slower and crashes more than I'd expect from a retail website.

> 2. They no longer use FedEx for trade-ins. Last few were a very odd looking USPS pre-paid label. Took forever to get to their warehouse.

> 3. Last few trade ins were noticeably longer to ship, receive, inspect, process, and issue my credit. I lean towards listing on eBay first now.

>

You're dead on. Ever since they stopped using Fedex for trades/returns it's been terribly slow.

I've really curtailed my club purchasing over the last 3-4 years with Global and others. I'm a left hand golfer. My only complaint with Global is that 3 times in the last two+ years is they sent me clubs that were right hand but were listed as left handed. Returns were quick and easy. Simple call to Global and they emailed a return label ASAP with quick refunds after they received the club back.

I agree their website sucks especially on mobile. Trying to find a club with a specific shaft or stiffness is much harder than it used to be when you have to scroll down each drop-down and then it switches the other variables again.

But I’ll say this, I order all the time from them - huge ho obviously.

Live in Philly area and get all my clubs 48 hours after order. I literally ordered something Thursday at lunch and it came this AM at 9 am.

Usually happy with the condition. Today, I received an “excellent”, not mint Ping Oslo and it came with some dirt on the grip that I soaped off and it’s still in wrapper with stickers!

s721amo72txo.jpeg

ozp21dnch7ri.jpeg

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

Sorry that you had a bad experience and I know 1st hand how that can be frustrating. Most on-line retailers go the extra mile to make things right. Budget Golf has stepped up when they make mistakes as well as TGW and others. I personally have had good experiences with Global Golf with "Like New" condition Pre-owned clubs. They came in looking brand new at less than 50% of retail. I just places an order for a " Certified Pre-owned " Titleist 818H1 and at check-out the website seemed to have a buffering issue but finally my order processed. I'll report back when that club arrives and I hope it's in the condition I'm used to getting from Global Golf.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Mizuno STZ- 230 22 Hybrid  ,LIN-Q Blue 

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Mizuno T24 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

> @wobgon said:

> (Quote)

>

>

> I used a stacking discount last week.

I just did the same and it's almost unreal how inexpensive I bought a new Hybrid for.

Product Total: $160.99

Shipping Total: $4.99

Total Tax: $6.28

Sub Total: $172.26

Promotion: -$32.20

Coupon: -$24.15

Coupon: -$4.99

Order Total: $110.92

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Mizuno STZ- 230 22 Hybrid  ,LIN-Q Blue 

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Mizuno T24 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

The F9 driver arrived today (Monday). I ordered it Saturday late afternoon and chose the economy shipping. It said that it wouldn’t mail out until Tuesday and I hadn’t even received a tracking confirmation yet. I do live just two exits up on 540 in Raleigh from the warehouse so I’m not sure if they even mailed it or if someone just dropped it off at my house while I was at work.

It was value condition. It looks almost brand new - still has all the stickers on it. Just a few marks on the underside of the head - looks like maybe bounced against a few other drivers. No dents or wear on the grip.