Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

TollBros WITB

12346»

Comments

• TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4867Posted: Sponsors Posts: 4,867
    bcflyguy1 wrote:

Fair play to you. I was a bit surprised at the initial impression the driver made in that it was so different than that of the 410 Fairway and Hybrid. Appreciate what you bring to the forum, cheers.

Everything is honestly pretty good this year. There are certainly heads with some special attributes but not a single one of these companies is making a bad driver.
    Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JCKHJCKH  78Posted: Banned Posts: 78
    I love this set up and the older style wedges too
    Posted:
  • schimmelschimmel  35Posted: Members Posts: 35
    are you guys going to have any M5 deep faces available for sale? how does launch and spin compare to the retail head?
    Posted:
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4867Posted: Sponsors Posts: 4,867
    JCKH wrote:

I love this set up and the older style wedges too

Once I find a sole grind I like, I stock up on them. I've got about 10 of each head that I like and I'll use them until I run out. It's ALL about the sole configuration and bounce. I really miss the old days of the more aggressive grooves where you could really make the ball dance.

schimmel wrote:

are you guys going to have any M5 deep faces available for sale? how does launch and spin compare to the retail head?

Yes we will. Once we have some available, I'll post some data and analysis on them.
    Posted:

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
    I keep getting asked for my thoughts on the White 130, so here are some initial thoughts on my new combo, and some points that will be in my analysis thread coming up. I can't give out specifics or numbers yet, but this should help anyone looking for info in the mean time.

Rogue White 130 going to spin massively low, launch a bit lower than Synergy Black, but the feel is just perfect. Where most low launch, tip stiff shafts are butt soft, this one really does not have the sensation at all. It's very stable under the hands, not overly stiff feeling, very linear, but very powerful and controlled. There's a nice load that is very even, but no pronounced load or snap in any one sector of the shaft. You can swing normal or you can absolutely stand on it and it never snaps left. I can swing as hard as I possibly can, and I just hit this beautiful little 5 yard, 1950rpm leak fade that goes forever. It has brought my spin down, in conjunction with M5 into a level I've never seen before, and I can literally hit this thing in a 15 yard wide stripe when swinging it well. The control is incredible. I'm sure you've seen what I play over the years, and if so you know I'm not a guy who changes clubs on a whim. I played the same driver for the last 4 years, three wood for 4 years, same wedge design and grind for 5 years, same irons going on year 3, etc. For me to be this ready and excited it has to be game changing, and Tour Issue M5 with Rogue white is that for me. It came down to ATX Tour Green 2019 or Rogue White, and I was pondering going M3 with ATX Green because I was having some great success with that particular combo. Had I stuck with M3, I would have stayed with the ATX Tour Green 2019. It was THIS close to going in the bag, and then we received M5 Tour heads, one in my exact specs, for testing, and I was stunned by the results with the Rogue White, and I'll explain why in my full analysis, but let me just say, this combo is incredible, and I will explain why soon.
    Posted:

• Rosco1216Rosco1216  2983Posted: Members Posts: 2,983
    TollBros wrote:

I keep getting asked for my thoughts on the White 130, so here are some initial thoughts on my new combo, and some points that will be in my analysis thread coming up. I can't give out specifics or numbers yet, but this should help anyone looking for info in the mean time.

Rogue White 130 going to spin massively low, launch a bit lower than Synergy Black, but the feel is just perfect. Where most low launch, tip stiff shafts are butt soft, this one really does not have the sensation at all. It's very stable under the hands, not overly stiff feeling, very linear, but very powerful and controlled. There's a nice load that is very even, but no pronounced load or snap in any one sector of the shaft. You can swing normal or you can absolutely stand on it and it never snaps left. I can swing as hard as I possibly can, and I just hit this beautiful little 5 yard, 1950rpm leak fade that goes forever. It has brought my spin down, in conjunction with M5 into a level I've never seen before, and I can literally hit this thing in a 15 yard wide stripe when swinging it well. The control is incredible. I'm sure you've seen what I play over the years, and if so you know I'm not a guy who changes clubs on a whim. I played the same driver for the last 4 years, three wood for 4 years, same wedge design and grind for 5 years, same irons going on year 3, etc. For me to be this ready and excited it has to be game changing, and Tour Issue M5 with Rogue white is that for me. It came down to ATX Tour Green 2019 or Rogue White, and I was pondering going M3 with ATX Green because I was having some great success with that particular combo. Had I stuck with M3, I would have stayed with the ATX Tour Green 2019. It was THIS close to going in the bag, and then we received M5 Tour heads, one in my exact specs, for testing, and I was stunned by the results with the Rogue White, and I'll explain why in my full analysis, but let me just say, this combo is incredible, and I will explain why soon.

Did you go up in loft a touch given how low/low the head and shaft are?
    Posted:
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova

Advertisement
    Rosco1216 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

I'll explain it all shortly, but yes I had to adjust loft on the driver a bit.
    Posted:

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. Canada 2800Posted: Members Posts: 2,800
    TollBros wrote:

Rosco1216 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

I'll explain it all shortly, but yes I had to adjust loft on the driver a bit.

Sounds like you’re describing the KK DC TX all over again! Only with lower spin and tigher accuracy!
    Posted:
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • cota0429cota0429  3563Posted: ClubWRX Posts: 3,563
    Ive been hearing rumors about the m5 heads at big box stores are the lower CT models. The higher CT are being saved for tour and college. Where do you get the heads from?
    Posted:
    PING G400 LST Diamana LTD D+ 60 TX
    Callaway Rogue Diamana LTD D+ 80 TX
    Artisan VR Pro's by Mike Taylor X100 soft stepped TW Specs
    SM7 52F, 56M, Oven Green Dot Engage 60 TS
    TW Prototype 001

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/
    cota0429 wrote:

Ive been hearing rumors about the m5 heads at big box stores are the lower CT models. The higher CT are being saved for tour and college. Where do you get the heads from?

All our heads are Tour issue heads.
    Posted:

Full update coming on this over the weekend.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • TrueWRXTrueWRX  1679Posted: Members Posts: 1,679

@TollBros said:

What happened to the update?

Posted:

@PatsNation said:

@TollBros said:

What happened to the update?

I just got a little overwealmed at work but it's coming. I have all new pics and everything as well.

Posted:

New pics coming today.

Posted:

Some new pics.

Posted:

• andfriandfri  212Posted: Members Posts: 212

M2 2016 still in the Bag?!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Kale_mKale_m  2089Posted: Members Posts: 2,089

Thought you were in the m5 tour with the rogue white?

Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 9* weight in toe, PW70tx 
    Ping g410 2hy at 16*
    Ping g410 3hy at 20.5 
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 34” navy with true path alignment
  • DE-ILLINIDE-ILLINI  360Posted: Members Posts: 360

Rescue Mid is a real blast from the past.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade M3
    3W: Ping G400
    3H & 4H: Cobra Baffler
    5 - SW: Ping G25
    58*: Cleveland CBX
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

@andfri said:
    M2 2016 still in the Bag?!

Back in the bag with Rogue White 130.

Posted:

@DE-ILLINI said:
    Rescue Mid is a real blast from the past.

I busted out a couple old Tour Mid 19 heads to experiment with and found that launch and spin, as well as anti left tendency was better than anything else I had data on on the last 5 years. Honestly for me, it's still the best hybrid ever made. I can play anything I want, and the original tour issue mid is better than anything else.

Posted:

@Kale_m said:
    Thought you were in the m5 tour with the rogue white?

Launching it a shade too high. I need a head around 7.5 true loft and haven't been able to get one exactly like I need. Until I can, I've been back to what I know and can count on.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jdowning111jdowning111 USAFJeffD Omaha, Nebraska 109Posted: Members Posts: 109

Where did you get the TMAG driver head cover? That thing is dope!

Posted:
  • scottyc15scottyc15 Houston 76Posted: Members Posts: 76

@jdowning111 said:
    Where did you get the TMAG driver head cover? That thing is dope!

2018 US Open release.

Posted:
    Taylormade M5 9 - Aldila Rogue White 130 70TX
    Taylormade M4 Tour 15 - Aldila Tour Green 85TX
    Srixon Z U85 2 - DG TI X100
    Srixon Z 765 4-PW - DG TI X100
    Taylormade MG 52,56,60 - DG TI S400
    Bettinardi SS #8
  • ykhwazykhwaz  26Posted: Members Posts: 26

sweet setup, those p790s are butter. i love them

Posted:

Leave a Comment