NFL 2019 Season Discussion

touch

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

Well, all is not doom and gloom in the Burgh!!

The Stillers landed Dolphin Safety, Minkah Fitzpatrick, a 2018 1st round pick(11th) and one of the few bright spots in the Dolphins debacle yesterday against the Pats.

They gave up a 2020 1st round pick!

WoW, lol

This is sooooo unlike the Stillers.

This means that one, they plan on getting Ben back healthy next year and two, they haven’t thrown in the towel on this season

That’s good to see from management’s side, I just wanna see it from the Players on the field.

Have a Great Week Gents?

RP

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-trade-minkah-fitzpatrick-to-steelers-for-2020-first-round-pick-pittsburgh-wants-to-contend/amp/

• Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

> @DrOldSchool said:

> jinqd40uct3n.gif

>

Are they overrated or are they the real deal?

I’m asking cuz I don’t really follow them and know the particulars and inside stuff however they look very sharp!

Cheers?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

> @Forged4ever said:

> > @DrOldSchool said:

> > jinqd40uct3n.gif

> >

>

>

> Are they overrated or are they the real deal?

>

> I’m asking cuz I don’t really follow them and know the particulars and inside stuff however they look very sharp!

>

> Cheers?

> RP

Dak is playing for elite QB money. Cooper is playing for a payday too. Only thing that sucks is how will they field a full team after all these huge deals are written ?

Houston, we gotta problem?.....

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/antonio-brown-new-england-patriots-lawsuits-accusations-sexual-midconduct-assault

Not counting the latest supposed “assault,” we’ve heard most of this stuff in the Burgh, lol. He’s been stiffin people and doing this stuff for years, at least his last 3-4 years here.

Oh, and the “doctor” ???

He’s a friggin chiropractor, not a Physician, which would never tolerate that garbage, lolol

He’s just another jerk-off that thought that he hit the mother load, ignoring Brown’s rep, which by this time preceded him(At a 2016 Breast Cancer gala he was told that he would have to pay for any items that he might win at the time of his winning auction bid(same as everyone else) of which he bid and won a Leroy Neiman original of the Stillers “fearsome foursome” defensive line of the first two Super Bowl victories and he refused, wanted to take the painting, which he took with a $26,500 bid, and pay “later,” which was refused so he stormed out of the affair, making a scene that we heard from the other side of the room(we were standing at the bar). This chiropractor knew the history however his greed took over as he saw AB and dollar signs, lol

All that he got was stiffed, farted on and immortalized forever on the Tube???

“My bad” ???

All the Best,

RP

> @Forged4ever said:

> Well, all is not doom and gloom in the Burgh!!

>

> The Stillers landed Dolphin Safety, Minkah Fitzpatrick, a 2018 1st round pick(11th) and one of the few bright spots in the Dolphins debacle yesterday against the Pats.

>

> They gave up a 2020 1st round pick!

>

> WoW, lol

>

> This is sooooo unlike the Stillers.

>

> This means that one, they plan on getting Ben back healthy next year and two, they haven’t thrown in the towel on this season

>

> That’s good to see from management’s side, I just wanna see it from the Players on the field.

>

> Have a Great Week Gents?

> RP

>

> https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-trade-minkah-fitzpatrick-to-steelers-for-2020-first-round-pick-pittsburgh-wants-to-contend/amp/

I was surprised by the trade, but in fairness, the last DBs the Steelers have picked have stunk, so instead of wasting another #1 on a bust, may as well get a proven first rounder, for no money as well, I think i read it is for $1.5M over 3 years since the guarantees were already paid.

I was sorry to see Ben go down, he has been a great Steeler, but I would be remiss if i didn't mention this: Excepting Eli Manning, when the other great QBs of today drop back I expect a completion. Rodgers, Brady, Rivers, Brees... when Ben drops back I expect a floater to be picked off.

There is no doubt he is a talent, but I am also excited to see what Rudolph can do. And also, with his chemistry with Washington, perhaps he will become the bona fide #2 Juju needs to open him up as well. Let's face it Moncrief is a disaster at this point.

When the pick 3 comes out, I still bet against the Steelers and the spread playing on the west coast, but i am looking forward to looking forward (if that makes sense).

Image may contain: 5 people, text!

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @touch said:

> > Image may contain: one or more people, meme and text

>

> Ha!

>

> I don't even think metro NYers know that Buffalo is in NY.

>

> But, if the Bills get into the playoffs, I be like,

>

> xsoxdg5beibf.png

>

>

>

People are always chirpin about how hardy, loyal, unwavering and tough the Brownie fans are and I’ve been in both stadiums in December/January and one, the Bills fans are rabid and blow the Brownie fans away, and secondly, there is no way on God’s green earth that I have the cojones to attend games religiously, and make no mistake, it’s a friggin religious experience for Bills fans, win lose or draw, in December & January.

Maybe 25 years ago when I’d drink enough to give me a false sense of warmth however I was up there for a Christmas game and jesus, it was brutal cold, windy and it totally sucked, lolol?

The wind off of Lake Erie in Cleveland can’t touch Buffalo in December/January, lol

Those fans deserve a contender and a play-off game or two and I hope that they get it this year!

Stay well Brother?

Richard

• Like 2

Made the old Three Rivers seem balmy in comparison now did it RP?

Image result for 3 rivers stadium

> @Forged4ever said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @touch said:

> > > Image may contain: one or more people, meme and text

> >

> > Ha!

> >

> > I don't even think metro NYers know that Buffalo is in NY.

> >

> > But, if the Bills get into the playoffs, I be like,

> >

> > xsoxdg5beibf.png

> >

> >

> >

>

> People are always chirpin about how hardy, loyal, unwavering and tough the Brownie fans are and I’ve been in both stadiums in December/January and one, the Bills fans are rabid and blow the Brownie fans away, and secondly, there is no way on God’s green earth that I have the cojones to attend games religiously, and make no mistake, it’s a friggin religious experience for Bills fans, win lose or draw, in December & January.

>

> Maybe 25 years ago when I’d drink enough to give me a false sense of warmth however I was up there for a Christmas game and jesus, it was brutal cold, windy and it totally sucked, lolol?

>

> The wind off of Lake Erie in Cleveland can’t touch Buffalo, lol

>

> Those fans deserve a contender and a play-off game or two and I hope that they get it this year!

>

> Stay well Brother?

> Richard

Richarrrd! Thank you and all my best to you and yours.

I was a big football guy until the mid 90s. For me, the most glorious years were the days of Bradshaw/Swann/Lambert/Greene. Staubach/Dorsett/Jones. Tarkington and the Vikes in the snow. The Rams, Ferigammo, Youngblood. How bout Dan Fouts, Winslow and “Air Coryell”. The evil Raiders, Lyle Alazado, Lester Hayes with the goop! I could go in and on. And those great Giants teams, of course a little later.

Best of all. The Pats sucked! Lol

These days, I still marvel at the sheer athleticism on display and the NASA like organization and planning.

But, the days of “team” and humility are long gone. It’s just a me, me, me, world.

• Like 1

> @touch said:

> Made the old Three Rivers seam balmy in comparison now did it RP?

> Image result for 3 rivers stadium

Hahaha, funny story about 3-Rivers Bro~

So my Father has had season tickets since 1973 and then he carried em over to the new stadium(Heinz Field) when they moved.

Well, it’s 1985ish, I’m just outa school and back in town from ChiTown and this Lady invites me to a Stiller’s game and while my father went from 4 seats half way up the first level on the 45yd line with club privileges, in the new stadium he moved up a section, which I actually liked better cuz you could look down a bit and see the action on the far side-line better, again with club privileges, so when it rained/snowed or was inclement weather, I just took my sorry fat •ss into the club, found a nice comfy seat and plopped down to eat drink & watch the game in warmth, lol.

Well, this girl invited me to the second Brownie’s game in mid-December, the week before Christmas and it was cold, blustery and while the winds off of Three Rivers weren’t close to those off of Lake Erie, they were still a b•tch to me, lol

So her tickets were in the left corner of the end zone, second friggin row FROM THE TOP OF THE STADIUM??!!! Section 600 something???

I was like “WTF” and the first half took forever and as this was a first date though we had talked at the bar, I didn’t wanna override her and come off as snotty for not wanting to sit up there so I rode out the first half but that was it, lol

As I didn’t use our family’s tickets that game, I didn’t have the regular club ticket to enter the club from the outside however I had known the guys workin the door of the club forever and I just told her “please come with me,” and we trekked down from nose bleed heaven back into civilized society and into the club, hahaha

She didn’t take it the wrong way and in fact would attend about 6-8 games with me through the next season and she gave her father’s tickets to friends, lolol.

So while 3-Rivers couldn’t touch Cleveland or Buffalo for frost biting winds, that 600 level really sucked and I never ventured that high again, lol

That area was for True Stiller Fans?!!

All the Best My Friend?

RP

• Like 1

Patriots loved me the 90's. Always been a fan no matter what. Since the days of Geno and Nance etc etc.

89 5-11

90 1-15

91 6-10

92 2-14

93 5-11

95 6-10

00 5-11

• Like 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

> @Qqq123xx said:

> Patriots loved me the 90's. Always been a fan no matter what. Since the days of Geno and Nance etc etc.

> 89 5-11

> 90 1-15

> 91 6-10

> 92 2-14

> 93 5-11

> 95 6-10

> 00 5-11

I used to root for this guy because I liked his toughness. Hey all you old dudes like me, note the red and white Spotbuilt's Grogan has on. That was the football cleat of choice back in the day as y'all know.

Related image

1990 Pro Set #580 Steve Grogan Back

over 3000 yards in 1979.

Image result for steve grogan

I am a little younger than Forged, but i remember as a kid my dad felt obligated to take the tickets for the Oakland/Steeler game, and I believe it was the game where outside the numbers was frozen and icy. It was a playoff game, and because of the forecast none of the employees wanted to go, so when they finally asked my dad he asked us, and of course the kids screamed we had to go... I had never been to a game. I bet I was 6 or so, I knew what was happening on the field, which is why I think i was that old.

Anyhoo, it was so cold we were in our winter clothes and sleeping bags, and I was still freezing. So, finally my dad capitulated at half time I got to watch the rest of the game in the vaunted "Allegheny Club." That was the name of it, wasn't it? That is certainly what I remember, but as noted, my memory isn't that great from that many years ago.

• Like 1

oh and this havoc wrecker too from the old Pats .I was a big fan of his.

Image result for andre tippett

Image result for andre tippett

• Like 1

this logo rocked

Image result for old patriots logo

• Like 1

So I know a good many of you are wondering how a little whipper snapper who grew up in Detroit, and then moved and spent his teen years in the S T L loved the old school Pats. ?

That young man who started his NFL fan life at age 7 figured I needed an AFC favorite team as well. The Pats became that AFC team. I still was rooting for the Honolulu Blue jersey's wearing Lions, and my favorite team then was the Jim Hart led "Big Red " Cardinals. Heck seeing the great Terry Metcalf run at Bush Memorial Stadium was one of my favorite activities to partake in during high school in St. Louis each fall.

So I spread my attention around the league regarding fav's during my first 13 years of being a pro football junkie! Then as many of you know I moved to D.C. in 1980 and it was on with the Skins for the entire first GIbbs era.

This is a GREAT thread.

• Like 1

> @touch said:

> So I know a good many of you are wondering how a little whipper snapper who grew up in Detroit, and then moved and spent his teen years in the S T L loved the old school Pats. ?

> That young man who started his NFL fan life at age 7 figured I needed an AFC favorite team as well. The Pats became that AFC team. I still was rooting for the Honolulu Blue jersey's wearing Lions, and my favorite team then was the Jim Hart led "Big Red " Cardinals. Heck seeing the great Terry Metcalf run at Bush Memorial Stadium was one of my favorite activities to partake in during high school in St. Louis each fall.

> So I spread my attention around the league regarding fav's during my first 13 years of being a pro football junkie! Then as many of you know I moved to D.C. in 1980 and it was on with the Skins for the entire first GIbbs era.

> This is a GREAT thread.

>

What part of Detroit?

I am just throwing up a quick post here in a toast to " the 2 good guys from Pittsburgh" ....Pete and Richard.

You two gents add such wonderful posts both in your own unique way. I so look forward to both of your frequent posts on these football threads.

The reactions I got when I stirred up the pot with the Three Rivers comparison to Frank Reich Land ( where they beg you to shovel the place out for game day for a free ticket WTF??)

from you two ( stories of seeing and being a terrible towlie in person) were much enjoyed.

Small world we are all hanging around here gabbing about all things Pro Football, and 2 main participants hail back a few seasons with the dynasty that is the Steelers. Decades ago and today this post can cover it I see!

RP,

Photo of you and the 600 section gal drinking a couple of I.C. Lights at the Mezzanine VIP/ Bradshaw/Rooney Club Level..................or it didn't happen !!!

lol

thanks gents for the posts I find so enjoyable

Cheers touch

Image result for toasting martini image

> @touch said:

> So I know a good many of you are wondering how a little whipper snapper who grew up in Detroit, and then moved and spent his teen years in the S T L loved the old school Pats. ?

> That young man who started his NFL fan life at age 7 figured I needed an AFC favorite team as well. The Pats became that AFC team. I still was rooting for the Honolulu Blue jersey's wearing Lions, and my favorite team then was the Jim Hart led "Big Red " Cardinals. Heck seeing the great Terry Metcalf run at Bush Memorial Stadium was one of my favorite activities to partake in during high school in St. Louis each fall.

> So I spread my attention around the league regarding fav's during my first 13 years of being a pro football junkie! Then as many of you know I moved to D.C. in 1980 and it was on with the Skins for the entire first GIbbs era.

> This is a GREAT thread.

>

Gibbs, Parcells, that was NFC east football. Control the clock, control the line of scrimmage, run the ball, play D. Darrel Green had to be the fastest dude I ever saw with a helmet on.

Check out my avatar, btw, since you’re a Skins fan. Look familiar? ; )

• Like 1

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @touch said:

> > So I know a good many of you are wondering how a little whipper snapper who grew up in Detroit, and then moved and spent his teen years in the S T L loved the old school Pats. ?

> > That young man who started his NFL fan life at age 7 figured I needed an AFC favorite team as well. The Pats became that AFC team. I still was rooting for the Honolulu Blue jersey's wearing Lions, and my favorite team then was the Jim Hart led "Big Red " Cardinals. Heck seeing the great Terry Metcalf run at Bush Memorial Stadium was one of my favorite activities to partake in during high school in St. Louis each fall.

> > So I spread my attention around the league regarding fav's during my first 13 years of being a pro football junkie! Then as many of you know I moved to D.C. in 1980 and it was on with the Skins for the entire first GIbbs era.

> > This is a GREAT thread.

> >

> What part of Detroit?

>

First in New Baltimore as a wee child, then it was on to Rochester ( Tienken and Lake Orion Roads). I attended Rochester Elementary School and then Van Hoosen junior high school.

I used to ride my bike ( Schwinn Stingray of course) with my buddies every Saturday into downtown Rochester. We would eat Coney Islands, get Dairy Queen, and run in and out of all the stores on Main St. It was a great town to grow up in for sure! I am proud of my Detroit roots. Lived there 1961-1975.

Image result for rochester michigan downtown

> @touch said:

>

> > @MountainGoat said:

> > > @touch said:

> > > So I know a good many of you are wondering how a little whipper snapper who grew up in Detroit, and then moved and spent his teen years in the S T L loved the old school Pats. ?

> > > That young man who started his NFL fan life at age 7 figured I needed an AFC favorite team as well. The Pats became that AFC team. I still was rooting for the Honolulu Blue jersey's wearing Lions, and my favorite team then was the Jim Hart led "Big Red " Cardinals. Heck seeing the great Terry Metcalf run at Bush Memorial Stadium was one of my favorite activities to partake in during high school in St. Louis each fall.

> > > So I spread my attention around the league regarding fav's during my first 13 years of being a pro football junkie! Then as many of you know I moved to D.C. in 1980 and it was on with the Skins for the entire first GIbbs era.

> > > This is a GREAT thread.

> > >

> > What part of Detroit?

> >

>

> First in New Baltimore as a wee child, then it was on to Rochester ( Tienken and Lake Orion Roads). I attended Rochester Elementary School and then Van Hoosen junior high school.

> I used to ride my bike with my buddies each Saturday into downtown Rochester. It was a great town to grow up in for sure!

>

> Image result for rochester michigan downtown

I was born on the east side of Detroit in the area south of 8-mile where Eminem likes to say he's from but isn't. Grew up out Woodward Ave near the Zoo. Played Rackham and Palmer Park a lot. We used to ride our bikes to Rochester. Went to Oakland Univ. Moved to Utica nr 23 and Mound when I got married. Left the area and moved to DC in '73.

• Like 1

jvzhplqo963h.png

> @bscinstnct said:

>

>

>

> > @touch said:

> > So I know a good many of you are wondering how a little whipper snapper who grew up in Detroit, and then moved and spent his teen years in the S T L loved the old school Pats. ?

> > That young man who started his NFL fan life at age 7 figured I needed an AFC favorite team as well. The Pats became that AFC team. I still was rooting for the Honolulu Blue jersey's wearing Lions, and my favorite team then was the Jim Hart led "Big Red " Cardinals. Heck seeing the great Terry Metcalf run at Bush Memorial Stadium was one of my favorite activities to partake in during high school in St. Louis each fall.

> > So I spread my attention around the league regarding fav's during my first 13 years of being a pro football junkie! Then as many of you know I moved to D.C. in 1980 and it was on with the Skins for the entire first GIbbs era.

> > This is a GREAT thread.

> >

>

> Gibbs, Parcells, that was NFC east football. Control the clock, control the line of scrimmage, run the ball, play D. Darrel Green had to be the fastest dude I ever saw with a helmet on.

>

> Check out my avatar, btw, since you’re a Skins fan. Look familiar? ; )

>

Your avatar is Dave Butts?