Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Diamana ZF Photos and Info

Comments

• TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4867Posted: Sponsors Posts: 4,867

@jgard320 said:
    It's looking like the ultimate fairway profile for me. I actually really enjoyed the stock hzrdus yellow that came in a lot of last year's models. This seems like a similar concept with less on the extreme ends and better quality materials.

It definitely spins less than Hzrdus yellow.

Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jgard320jgard320  446Posted: ClubWRX Posts: 446

@TollBros said:

@jgard320 said:
    It's looking like the ultimate fairway profile for me. I actually really enjoyed the stock hzrdus yellow that came in a lot of last year's models. This seems like a similar concept with less on the extreme ends and better quality materials.

Then it's going to be a great fairway profile for me. Can't wait for mine to get here.

Posted:
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4867Posted: Sponsors Posts: 4,867

@jgard320 said:

@TollBros said:

@jgard320 said:

Then it's going to be a great fairway profile for me. Can't wait for mine to get here.

I believe you'll love it. And seriously every time I look at these ZF's, I can't help but think just how **** good they look. Simple yet stunning.

Posted:

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • senorpollosenorpollo  26Posted: Members Posts: 26

Sorry for the ignorance but how would the ZF compare to the TourAD DI? Don’t have a fitter from where I’m from so ✌🏻

Posted:

Ping G400 Max 10.5(9) TourAD DI 6SR
    Titleist 917 F2 16.5
    Diamana BF 60S
    Titleist 917 F2 18(19.5) Diamana BF 60S
    Honma TW 737V 4-10 Modus 105 R
    Titleist SM6 50.08F Modus 105 R (Red)
    Titleist SM6 54
    .10S & 58.10S Modus 115 Wedge (Masters Green)
    Scotty Cameron X7 33

@senorpollo said:
    Sorry for the ignorance but how would the ZF compare to the TourAD DI? Don’t have a fitter from where I’m from so ✌🏻

If you'd like to send me over some data and video or swing info, I'd be happy to make a recommendation for you.

Posted:

• golfgolfgurugolfgolfguru  34Posted: Members Posts: 34

Interested in a comparison to ad di too.

Posted:

Advertisement

I can't give numbers, but AD-DI is generally regarded as similar to a blueboard profile. I want to say that BF is a bit softer throughout, but follows the same general profile. ZF goes stiffer in the butt and tip, and for a point in the mid, goes softer than the BF. See below:

It might be more appropriate to think of ZF as a stiffer handled DF than some sort of radically different BF. Here is the Tensei Blue for comparison:

Posted:
  • Red4282Red4282  499Posted: Members Posts: 499

@jgard320 said:
    I can't give numbers, but AD-DI is generally regarded as similar to a blueboard profile. I want to say that BF is a bit softer throughout, but follows the same general profile. ZF goes stiffer in the butt and tip, and for a point in the mid, goes softer than the BF. See below:

It might be more appropriate to think of ZF as a stiffer handled DF than some sort of radically different BF. Here is the Tensei Blue for comparison:

To me looks like the zf is like a combo of the bf/df. Butt of the bf merged with the tip of the df.

Posted:
  • jjmurryjjmurry Washington, DC 189Posted: Members Posts: 189

Anyone gaming this yet in a fairway wood?

Hoping it becomes my go to 250 to 260 club that's point and shoot. Currently have a TS2 3w but it's too spinny and needs a shaft that will knock down the flight and spin as I primarily use it off the tee.

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST - Tensei CK Orange 65X
    Titleist TS2 3W - Diamana ZF 75TX
    Titleist U510 - Project X HZRDZ Smoke Black 85g 6.5
    JPX 900 Tour PW-4i - C-Taper 130x
    Vokey SM7 - 52*, 56*, 60* - C-Taper 130x
    Tommy Armour Impact #3
    Snell MTB-X
  • farris207farris207  5Posted: Members Posts: 5

I'm very interested in picking one of these up as well. I was playing a KK DC XT 60TX and it was by far the best I've ever driven the ball. Sadly that shaft cracked and is no longer playable. How does this compare to the KK XT? I've hit the BF and quite liked it. Felt like I really got a huge transfer of energy with that shaft into the ball with the BF. It was just a little too soft for a driver. I think it would be amazing in a 3 wood. How do the BF and ZF compare? My driver swing is very sensitive to the timing changes of different shafts, so that is always my biggest worry. I've struggled in the past with counter balanced shafts like the PO, and butt soft shafts like the D+.

Posted:
  • mizunoMP14mizunoMP14 Indiana 669Posted: Members Posts: 669

@farris207 said:
    I'm very interested in picking one of these up as well. I was playing a KK DC XT 60TX and it was by far the best I've ever driven the ball. Sadly that shaft cracked and is no longer playable. How does this compare to the KK XT? I've hit the BF and quite liked it. Felt like I really got a huge transfer of energy with that shaft into the ball with the BF. It was just a little too soft for a driver. I think it would be amazing in a 3 wood. How do the BF and ZF compare? My driver swing is very sensitive to the timing changes of different shafts, so that is always my biggest worry. I've struggled in the past with counter balanced shafts like the PO, and butt soft shafts like the D+.

i hit this yesterday, it has a firmer feel than the BF but not nearly has firm in the mid section as the XT. The XT is softer in the handle and firm in the mid, the zf is firmer in the handle and softer in the mid, so a bit of opposites. the flight was higher with the Zf than what i remember with the XT. The flight was not noticeably different than a BF for me, but I was not on a launch monitor. I liked it much better than the XT, but I prefer softer mid shafts.

Posted:
    M4 10.5* Diamana DF 70tx
    M3 3hl 17* Diamana BF 80tx
    Apex Hybrid 20*  AD-DI 105x
    RSI UDI 2  Mitsu OT 105x
    4 T-mb Dynamic Gold 
    5-pw Honma 737vn Dynamic Gold
    50* 56* 60* Vokey SM6 Dynamic Gold
    Directed Force

Advertisement

Thanks for the info. I really like the elastic load/unload feeling of the BF. The BF really made the ball feel like it jumped of the face to me. Does the ZF retain that feeling even with it being a firmer feel?

Posted:
  • hargraves1066hargraves1066 Orlando FL 23Posted: Members Posts: 23

@farris207 said:
    Thanks for the info. I really like the elastic load/unload feeling of the BF. The BF really made the ball feel like it jumped of the face to me. Does the ZF retain that feeling even with it being a firmer feel?

I use the BF (80 TX) in my 3 metal, just received my ZF from Toll yesterday and I’m hoping to get out for test round with it today. I’ll let you know how overall feels stacks up with the BF.

Posted:

This is probably the easiest fairway shaft to launch off the deck that I have ever hit. It gets up to the apex quickly and just kind of hangs out up there and carries. Not too spinny either and the feel is incredible. Very stable but at the same time it doesn’t take too much effort to load. Instantly in the bag. Might not have the most pure distance low spin potential as something like Rogue White, but I feel like I could deliver this profile to the ball with my eyes closed.

Posted:

Toll.. sent you a PM and payment to get a new shaft selection going.

Posted:

@farris207 said:
    Toll.. sent you a PM and payment to get a new shaft selection going.

Got it. I think if you're looking for that smoothness but still low spin with ease of launch, ZF is great. And I've said this 10 times but man is this thing beautiful in the sunlight!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • gambitgambit  4312Posted: Members Posts: 4,312

@jgard320 said:
    This is probably the easiest fairway shaft to launch off the deck that I have ever hit. It gets up to the apex quickly and just kind of hangs out up there and carries. Not too spinny either and the feel is incredible. Very stable but at the same time it doesn’t take too much effort to load. Instantly in the bag. Might not have the most pure distance low spin potential as something like Rogue White, but I feel like I could deliver this profile to the ball with my eyes closed.

I was on one of those online chats with a service rep for MRC and he said that the ZF was slightly lower spin than the DF. I ordered a 60 for my driver and a couple of 80s for the fairways. Really hoping that this works out. Have AD TP shafts in my fairways now, and they're fine, but I literally get 0 roll out.

Posted:
  • Red4282Red4282  499Posted: Members Posts: 499

@gambit said:

@jgard320 said:

I was on one of those online chats with a service rep for MRC and he said that the ZF was slightly lower spin than the DF. I ordered a 60 for my driver and a couple of 80s for the fairways. Really hoping that this works out. Have AD TP shafts in my fairways now, and they're fine, but I literally get 0 roll out.

Id like to hear your results, ive played the ad tp as well.

Posted:

@Red4282 said:

@gambit said:

@jgard320 said:

Id like to hear your results, ive played the ad tp as well.

It’ll be a couple of weeks. Played a few holes this evening with my daughter. Still no roll with the AD TP shafts (Titleist fws) or with the the DF (410+ driver). Might get a TS3 for the ZF 60

Posted:
  • mah2010mah2010 Grande Prairie AB 386Posted: Members Posts: 386

Anyone have a direct comparison to the Ventus blue?

Posted:
  • nbiggnbigg Ottawa, Canada 418Posted: Members Posts: 418

Quick question. There seems to be this version in the pics on the first page and a silver ion version. What’s the difference if any? Could just be the sunlight but the pics on the first page look blue. Thanks

Posted:

Advertisement

@nbigg said:
    Quick question. There seems to be this version in the pics on the first page and a silver ion version. What’s the difference if any? Could just be the sunlight but the pics on the first page look blue. Thanks

It's the silver ion shaft in the photos. Definitely not blue.

Posted:

• nbiggnbigg Ottawa, Canada 418Posted: Members Posts: 418

Thanks!

@TollBros said:

@nbigg said:

It's the silver ion shaft in the photos. Definitely not blue.

Posted:

Had this out in the bright sunlight this past weekend. Shines like a rainbow when you angle it right.

Posted:

Got mine in the mail this afternoon - thanks Toll Bros!! It's as beautiful as I've ever seen a golf shaft. Incredible in the light. Will report back after it's hit. Currently in my TS2 3W. Hoping for some bullets!

Posted:
    Tommy Armour Impact #3
    Snell MTB-X

@jjmurry said:
    Got mine in the mail this afternoon - thanks Toll Bros!! It's as beautiful as I've ever seen a golf shaft. Incredible in the light. Will report back after it's hit. Currently in my TS2 3W. Hoping for some bullets!

I have one going into a TS2 3W once my club builder gets home in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to your review.

Posted:

Advertisement

@gambit said:

@jjmurry said:

I have one going into a TS2 3W once my club builder gets home in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to your review.

Just tested it out. It's a winner! I am admittedly the world's worst fairway wood player and this thing had me hitting some of the hardest hit 3W shots I've ever hit. I was able to work it either way nicely and flight it as well as I ever have for a fairway shaft. I may FINALLY be able to hit a 3W off a tee for once!

Posted:
    Tommy Armour Impact #3
    Snell MTB-X
  • djhgolfdjhgolf  753Posted: Members Posts: 753

Any driver feedback yet? How does this compare to Tensei Pro White?

Posted:
    Callaway TOUR Epic Flash TD 9.5 - Accra TZ6
    PXG Gen2 0341X 15 - Tensei Pro White 70TX
    TM TOUR M3 18 - MC Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 - GD Tour AD DI 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 4 -DG TI 120 X100
    PXG 0311T Gen2 - 5-9 - DG TI 120 X100
    PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy" 46 - DG TI 120 X100
    PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy" 50 - DG TI S400
    TM Hi-Toe 56 - DG TI S400 Onyx
    TM Hi-Toe 60 - DG TI S400 Onyx
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat Mini DB 35"
    GFore Snow S/Bag

@jjmurry said:

@gambit said:

@jjmurry said:

Just tested it out. It's a winner! I am admittedly the world's worst fairway wood player and this thing had me hitting some of the hardest hit 3W shots I've ever hit. I was able to work it either way nicely and flight it as well as I ever have for a fairway shaft. I may FINALLY be able to hit a 3W off a tee for once!

Thank you baby Jesus!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub  2527Posted: Members Posts: 2,527

Did I see this in Justin Thomas' driver last week? The Diamana BF has a very noticeable change from silver to blue and this shaft definitely does not while clearly still being a Diamana:

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70xx ||  Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Callaway XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* Veylix Rome 888x || Taylormade M1 13* Kuro Kage Dual Core 80TX
    Cobra F6 Baffler 16* Tensei Pro Orange 90TX || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    PING Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Taylormade V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
    Mizuno MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-H4 4i 24* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-59 4i-PW 24*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey  SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx1
    Vokey Special 62* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
    Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bullseye shaft

WITB Thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights