Titleist T200 vs Mizuno JPX 919 forged

Yenmasta

I just tried out the T200s alongside the MP20 HMBs.......the ball just rockets off the clubface on both, but particularly the T200. I highly recommend them. I've tried out the 919 Forged in the past....also excellent. The lofts are a degree or two weaker than the T200s, so you might not get quite as much pop.

I preferred the T200. They are seriously really good. I'm a looong time mizuno fan, but went with the t200 this time. Great sticks!!

I like how the ball goes off the face; however, the distances have been very consistent so far - no hot spots for me. I also like the sole. The pre worn edge and the added bounce really work for me.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

> @bogeypro said:

> I preferred the T200. They are seriously really good. I'm a looong time mizuno fan, but went with the t200 this time. Great sticks!!

>

> I like how the ball goes off the face; however, the distances have been very consistent so far - no hot spots for me. I also like the sole. The pre worn edge and the added bounce really work for me.

Same here. Love my t200s

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

T200 has the better profile and look at address. Performance is really close in terms of flight, distance, and forgiveness but the lofts are a little bit different. Basically I'd only choose between the two based on which one you like the looks of better. Also consider up charge prices of shafts and grips which are likely cheaper through Mizuno. Titleist will retain value more down the road when selling though.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI Black Onyx X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 54.10 S - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

Mizuno 919 Forged would be my choice. The T200 wedge lofts are absolutely ridiculous.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5* Diamana GT 60 S
Callaway AI Smoke Max 3W & 5W Tensei Blue 60 S

Ping G430 4H RDX Red 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-GW DG 105S (bent 2* weak)
Cleveland RTX6 54 & 58*
TM Spider HB DB 34”

> @BLF0901 said:

> What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

Correct.......assuming you routinely hit the center of the club face......OP asked about forgiveness, dispersion, etc (yes distance is included in dispersion).....so I take his question to mean which club will reduce your left/right/short misses. The T200 will reduce the magnitude of such misses better than the 919F, while sacrificing some feel.

Moreover, the T200 has a forged face....it's not simply a cast iron.

> @"Crazy About Golf" said:

> > @BLF0901 said:

> > What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

>

> Correct.......assuming you routinely hit the center of the club face......OP asked about forgiveness, dispersion, etc (yes distance is included in dispersion).....so I take his question to mean which club will reduce your left/right/short misses. The T200 will reduce the magnitude of such misses better than the 919F, while sacrificing some feel.

>

> Moreover, the T200 has a forged face....it's not simply a cast iron.

If it isn't a single piece of forged steel, in my opinion, it's not a forged iron.

> @"Crazy About Golf" said:

> > @BLF0901 said:

> > What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

>

> Correct.......assuming you routinely hit the center of the club face......OP asked about forgiveness, dispersion, etc (yes distance is included in dispersion).....so I take his question to mean which club will reduce your left/right/short misses. The T200 will reduce the magnitude of such misses better than the 919F, while sacrificing some feel.

>

> Moreover, the T200 has a forged face....it's not simply a cast iron.

The 919F is insanely forgiving. Better feel and look IMO as well.

> @BLF0901 said:

> > @"Crazy About Golf" said:

> > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

> >

> > Correct.......assuming you routinely hit the center of the club face......OP asked about forgiveness, dispersion, etc (yes distance is included in dispersion).....so I take his question to mean which club will reduce your left/right/short misses. The T200 will reduce the magnitude of such misses better than the 919F, while sacrificing some feel.

> >

> > Moreover, the T200 has a forged face....it's not simply a cast iron.

> If it isn't a single piece of forged steel, in my opinion, it's not a forged iron.

Fair point

> @balls_deep said:

> > @"Crazy About Golf" said:

> > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

> >

> > Correct.......assuming you routinely hit the center of the club face......OP asked about forgiveness, dispersion, etc (yes distance is included in dispersion).....so I take his question to mean which club will reduce your left/right/short misses. The T200 will reduce the magnitude of such misses better than the 919F, while sacrificing some feel.

> >

> > Moreover, the T200 has a forged face....it's not simply a cast iron.

>

> The 919F is insanely forgiving. Better feel and look IMO as well.

I play MP-18s right now, so I definitely agree with you on feel and looks....no debate there. However, after hitting the T200, I found it will let you get away with murder.

• Like 1

I just tried the Titleist T100 and T200, Srixon 785, Mizuno MP20 HMB and MMC, and Cobra MB, and the best out of the bunch in terms of feel, consistency, and dispersion were the Titleist T200 and Mizuno HMB. I was surprised to say the least, since I'm not a Titleist fan by any means, but I recently switched to their TS woods (from Callaway) and am now thinking about their irons.

I feel like they've come a long way in both departments with their most recent releases. I never liked their drivers, which I thought were too spinny, or their irons (AP2), that felt harsh despite being forged. I've been gaming Srixons for the last few years which are butter, but I was shocked to find out that the T100 and T200 irons felt similar. Massive improvement.

The only knock on the T200 is their extreme bulge in the back which is noticeable at address. The HMBs are much better looking all-around and performed similarly on the launch monitor. But I figured since I already have the Titleist woods I may as well get the irons, since performance was similar.

Titleist 8.5* TS3 Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff
Titleist 15* TS2 3W Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff
Titleist 19* TS2 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 Stiff 
Callaway Apex 19 4-AW TT Elevate 95 Stiff
Cobra King Pur Wedge 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Cleveland CBX Wedge 60* TT 115g
 Odyssey V Line Arm Lock Putter

> @BLF0901 said:

> What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

T200 is not a cast iron and has a forged face. Since one usually hits the ball with the face which is forged I don't buy the argument that they are not as consistent or that they are cast. I've never seen any data showing that a forged club performs better than a club with a forged face/cast body. Lots of irons including P790, Cobras and others have forged faces. In my experience the T200 dispersion is very tight and predictable based on the quality of swing.

> @Lobber said:

> > @BLF0901 said:

>

> T200 is not a cast iron and has a forged face. Since one usually hits the ball with the face which is forged I don't buy the argument that they are not as consistent or that they are cast. I've never seen any data showing that a forged club performs better than a club with a forged face/cast body. Lots of irons including P790, Cobras and others have forged faces. In my experience the T200 dispersion is very tight and predictable based on the quality of swing.

>

>

It's not a matter of the _face_ being forged or not, it's a matter of hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent. Being called "forged" when only one small component of an iron head is actually forged should be considered false advertisement. The 919 Forged head is one billet of steel, forged into shape. None of this "forged face welded to a cast body" nonsense. It is a forged iron in _every_ sense of the word.

> @BLF0901 said:

> > @Lobber said:

> > > @BLF0901 said:

> >

> > T200 is not a cast iron and has a forged face. Since one usually hits the ball with the face which is forged I don't buy the argument that they are not as consistent or that they are cast. I've never seen any data showing that a forged club performs better than a club with a forged face/cast body. Lots of irons including P790, Cobras and others have forged faces. In my experience the T200 dispersion is very tight and predictable based on the quality of swing.

> >

> >

>

> It's not a matter of the _face_ being forged or not, it's a matter of hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent. Being called "forged" when only one small component of an iron head is actually forged should be considered false advertisement. The 919 Forged head is one billet of steel, forged into shape. None of this "forged face welded to a cast body" nonsense. It is a forged iron in _every_ sense of the word.

Pros have no trouble with cast irons or forged face consistency. To say a full forged is more consistent than forged face or cast is nonsense.

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

> @BLF0901 said:

> > @Lobber said:

> > > @BLF0901 said:

> >

> > T200 is not a cast iron and has a forged face. Since one usually hits the ball with the face which is forged I don't buy the argument that they are not as consistent or that they are cast. I've never seen any data showing that a forged club performs better than a club with a forged face/cast body. Lots of irons including P790, Cobras and others have forged faces. In my experience the T200 dispersion is very tight and predictable based on the quality of swing.

> >

> >

>

> It's not a matter of the _face_ being forged or not, it's a matter of hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent. Being called "forged" when only one small component of an iron head is actually forged should be considered false advertisement. The 919 Forged head is one billet of steel, forged into shape. None of this "forged face welded to a cast body" nonsense. It is a forged iron in _every_ sense of the word.

I would love to see the data that demonstrates your point. So now we have gone from forged face not being as consistent as one piece forged to "false advertising". I guess we just see it differently which is fine. I can assure that after 10 rounds with my T200s I am having no consistency, dispersion, workability or distance problems at all. I have not had the benefit of playing the Mizunos which I am sure are excellent irons but given how my T200s work for me I won't be straying

> @StarFleetGolfer said:

> > @BLF0901 said:

> > > @Lobber said:

> > > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

> > >

> > > T200 is not a cast iron and has a forged face. Since one usually hits the ball with the face which is forged I don't buy the argument that they are not as consistent or that they are cast. I've never seen any data showing that a forged club performs better than a club with a forged face/cast body. Lots of irons including P790, Cobras and others have forged faces. In my experience the T200 dispersion is very tight and predictable based on the quality of swing.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It's not a matter of the _face_ being forged or not, it's a matter of hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent. Being called "forged" when only one small component of an iron head is actually forged should be considered false advertisement. The 919 Forged head is one billet of steel, forged into shape. None of this "forged face welded to a cast body" nonsense. It is a forged iron in _every_ sense of the word.

>

> Pros have no trouble with cast irons or forged face consistency. To say a full forged is more consistent than forged face or cast is nonsense.

Pros wear out a dime-sized spot on the face of their irons, too.

> @Lobber said:

> > @BLF0901 said:

> > > @Lobber said:

> > > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

> > >

> > > T200 is not a cast iron and has a forged face. Since one usually hits the ball with the face which is forged I don't buy the argument that they are not as consistent or that they are cast. I've never seen any data showing that a forged club performs better than a club with a forged face/cast body. Lots of irons including P790, Cobras and others have forged faces. In my experience the T200 dispersion is very tight and predictable based on the quality of swing.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It's not a matter of the _face_ being forged or not, it's a matter of hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent. Being called "forged" when only one small component of an iron head is actually forged should be considered false advertisement. The 919 Forged head is one billet of steel, forged into shape. None of this "forged face welded to a cast body" nonsense. It is a forged iron in _every_ sense of the word.

> I would love to see the data that demonstrates your point. So now we have gone from forged face not being as consistent as one piece forged to "false advertising". I guess we just see it differently which is fine. I can assure that after 10 rounds with my T200s I am having no consistency, dispersion, workability or distance problems at all. I have not had the benefit of playing the Mizunos which I am sure are excellent irons but given how my T200s work for me I won't be straying

>

>

what part of "...hot-faced irons generally being **perceived** as less consistent," didn't you understand?

> @BLF0901 said:

> > @StarFleetGolfer said:

> > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > @Lobber said:

> > > > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > > What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

> > > >

> > > > T200 is not a cast iron and has a forged face. Since one usually hits the ball with the face which is forged I don't buy the argument that they are not as consistent or that they are cast. I've never seen any data showing that a forged club performs better than a club with a forged face/cast body. Lots of irons including P790, Cobras and others have forged faces. In my experience the T200 dispersion is very tight and predictable based on the quality of swing.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > It's not a matter of the _face_ being forged or not, it's a matter of hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent. Being called "forged" when only one small component of an iron head is actually forged should be considered false advertisement. The 919 Forged head is one billet of steel, forged into shape. None of this "forged face welded to a cast body" nonsense. It is a forged iron in _every_ sense of the word.

> >

> > Pros have no trouble with cast irons or forged face consistency. To say a full forged is more consistent than forged face or cast is nonsense.

>

> Pros wear out a dime-sized spot on the face of their irons, too.

What is your point? You said less consistent. Where is data ?

> @StarFleetGolfer said:

> > @BLF0901 said:

> > > @StarFleetGolfer said:

> > > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > > @Lobber said:

> > > > > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > > > What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

> > > > >

> > > > > T200 is not a cast iron and has a forged face. Since one usually hits the ball with the face which is forged I don't buy the argument that they are not as consistent or that they are cast. I've never seen any data showing that a forged club performs better than a club with a forged face/cast body. Lots of irons including P790, Cobras and others have forged faces. In my experience the T200 dispersion is very tight and predictable based on the quality of swing.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It's not a matter of the _face_ being forged or not, it's a matter of hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent. Being called "forged" when only one small component of an iron head is actually forged should be considered false advertisement. The 919 Forged head is one billet of steel, forged into shape. None of this "forged face welded to a cast body" nonsense. It is a forged iron in _every_ sense of the word.

> > >

> > > Pros have no trouble with cast irons or forged face consistency. To say a full forged is more consistent than forged face or cast is nonsense.

> >

> > Pros wear out a dime-sized spot on the face of their irons, too.

>

> What is your point? You said less consistent. Where is data ?

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1733732/loving-p790-one-year-later/p1

There is anecdotal evidence all over the place about consistency issues with distance irons. And don't try to tell me a set with a 43 degree PW isn't a distance iron.

I also said, "perceived consistency issues". I never made a claim one way or the other. Reading comprehension.

> @BLF0901 said:

> > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > @StarFleetGolfer said:

> > > > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > > > @Lobber said:

> > > > > > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > > > > What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > T200 is not a cast iron and has a forged face. Since one usually hits the ball with the face which is forged I don't buy the argument that they are not as consistent or that they are cast. I've never seen any data showing that a forged club performs better than a club with a forged face/cast body. Lots of irons including P790, Cobras and others have forged faces. In my experience the T200 dispersion is very tight and predictable based on the quality of swing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It's not a matter of the _face_ being forged or not, it's a matter of hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent. Being called "forged" when only one small component of an iron head is actually forged should be considered false advertisement. The 919 Forged head is one billet of steel, forged into shape. None of this "forged face welded to a cast body" nonsense. It is a forged iron in _every_ sense of the word.

> > > >

> > > > Pros have no trouble with cast irons or forged face consistency. To say a full forged is more consistent than forged face or cast is nonsense.

> > >

> > > Pros wear out a dime-sized spot on the face of their irons, too.

> >

> > What is your point? You said less consistent. Where is data ?

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1733732/loving-p790-one-year-later/p1

> There is anecdotal evidence all over the place about consistency issues with distance irons. And don't try to tell me a set with a 43 degree PW isn't a distance iron. Show me data to the contrary.

I really have no interest in getting into a pissing match over this.

> @BLF0901 said:

> > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > @StarFleetGolfer said:

> > > > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > > > @Lobber said:

> > > > > > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > > > > What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > T200 is not a cast iron and has a forged face. Since one usually hits the ball with the face which is forged I don't buy the argument that they are not as consistent or that they are cast. I've never seen any data showing that a forged club performs better than a club with a forged face/cast body. Lots of irons including P790, Cobras and others have forged faces. In my experience the T200 dispersion is very tight and predictable based on the quality of swing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It's not a matter of the _face_ being forged or not, it's a matter of hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent. Being called "forged" when only one small component of an iron head is actually forged should be considered false advertisement. The 919 Forged head is one billet of steel, forged into shape. None of this "forged face welded to a cast body" nonsense. It is a forged iron in _every_ sense of the word.

> > > >

> > > > Pros have no trouble with cast irons or forged face consistency. To say a full forged is more consistent than forged face or cast is nonsense.

> > >

> > > Pros wear out a dime-sized spot on the face of their irons, too.

> >

> > What is your point? You said less consistent. Where is data ?

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1733732/loving-p790-one-year-later/p1

> There is anecdotal evidence all over the place about consistency issues with distance irons. And don't try to tell me a set with a 43 degree PW isn't a distance iron.

>

> I also said, "perceived consistency issues". I never made a claim one way or the other. Reading comprehension.

Antedotes are not data. Statistics comprehension. Pros play cast fine but 15 handicaps hit forged more consistently- that's your argument.

> @StarFleetGolfer said:

> > @BLF0901 said:

> > > @StarFleetGolfer said:

> > > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > > @StarFleetGolfer said:

> > > > > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > > > > @Lobber said:

> > > > > > > > @BLF0901 said:

> > > > > > > > What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > T200 is not a cast iron and has a forged face. Since one usually hits the ball with the face which is forged I don't buy the argument that they are not as consistent or that they are cast. I've never seen any data showing that a forged club performs better than a club with a forged face/cast body. Lots of irons including P790, Cobras and others have forged faces. In my experience the T200 dispersion is very tight and predictable based on the quality of swing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not a matter of the _face_ being forged or not, it's a matter of hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent. Being called "forged" when only one small component of an iron head is actually forged should be considered false advertisement. The 919 Forged head is one billet of steel, forged into shape. None of this "forged face welded to a cast body" nonsense. It is a forged iron in _every_ sense of the word.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pros have no trouble with cast irons or forged face consistency. To say a full forged is more consistent than forged face or cast is nonsense.

> > > >

> > > > Pros wear out a dime-sized spot on the face of their irons, too.

> > >

> > > What is your point? You said less consistent. Where is data ?

> > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1733732/loving-p790-one-year-later/p1

> > There is anecdotal evidence all over the place about consistency issues with distance irons. And don't try to tell me a set with a 43 degree PW isn't a distance iron.

> >

> > I also said, "perceived consistency issues". I never made a claim one way or the other. Reading comprehension.

>

> Antedotes are not data. Statistics comprehension. Pros play cast fine but 15 handicaps hit forged more consistently- that's your argument.

Cool story, I really don't care enough to argue with you. I said "perceived inconsistency," which you've conveniently ignored. You like your irons, I'm happy for you, but I really don't give enough of a shit about this topic to carry on.