Tourstriker Planemate

After chatting to Chris (Schnee) and Pusb365 i decided to bite the bullet. Ordered mine in the UK yesterday lunch time and arrived about 10am today, brilliant service. Can't wait to get cracking with it. Will report back.

I shallow well but through moving my hands quite 'out' in transition. i also suffer with narrow backswing and lack of rotation. Hoping this will continue to help me work through these issues

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

> @LowAndLeft32 said:

> @Schnee and @pusb365 would you guys be willing to share your thoughts on the PM with the group? Thanks.

Absolutely. I wanted to grab one since I saw it and met Martin at the PGA show this past January. I waited because I was playing well during tournament season and didn’t want to upset the apple cart.

Im a person that tends to get open too early, so then I stall rotation and have to save it with my hands. Basically my left arm gets too far out at P5 and then I stall and lose speed.

I’ve gone through the first couple protocols and it definitely makes me want to rotate better. The resistance in the backswing gets me in a great position, and then in transition the club really wants to shallow. I dont struggle much with shallowing the club, but I do leave the face a bit open. The planemate makes me want to relax my arms and let them drop. From there I want to close the face hard and then rotate.

Basically it makes me sequence properly in order to hit it solid. Be prepared, you will hit some terrible shots at first. It’s pretty much pass/fail :) Take your time and do the protocols.

It really shines once you take the belt off. The clubhead feels heavy and the shaft feels super light. For me, the clubhead wants to stand straight up or slightly across the line, then shallow aggressively in transition. This is great because I can play some really good golf from an upright or across the line backswing but if I’m laid off I’m cooked.

Build quality of the product is great. Very well made. The belt is nice and thick, and the Velcro is very grippy. The bands are easy to connect on and off and the club connector has two size holes/slots depending on if you’re hooking it on to the club toward the grip or clubhead.

Initial results are very good. I think Martin and David have a real winner. I’m not a huge training aid guy in general but this is a great guideline for finding a swing that fits you. Start slow and follow the protocols. Don’t rush into it. I did that just to see what would happen and it was very difficult.

Worth the $ IMO.

• Like 1

Worked on Day 4 protocol last night... this focused on the shallowing of the shaft. Again I can't stress enough how important it is to watch the videos and really try to understand what it is that you are trying to accomplish with each protocol. Also I am finding it invaluable to continue to work on the things that I did in the previous protocols also. I think that for me this is where the PM is really helping. It is making it easy for me to get in high value reps with great feedback. I know that I am performing things properly, and this is helping me feel proper sequencing and rotation. I just put it on at night while I watch TV and work on the drills.

I am seriously impressed with this bit of kit, granted ive only had it for 24 hours but will give my early thoughts. The training aid seems incredibly well made from high quality materials, not cheap and flimsy. At first it feels very odd when you first take the band off, pusb365 said it almost felt like your arms were moving at address and it totally does.

I did the day 1 protocol but obviously couldnt resist doing some full practice swings. I hit a few balls without the aid in my net last night and this morning and am amazed at the changes it has already made to my backswing.

Already I'm a lot wider and it also gets my clubface squarer at the top as a result. Which tells me normally i'm narrow because i'm so wristy but get too much extension in my right wrist which then shuts the face at the top.

One thing i do find odd is that it almost becomes hard to feel the shallowing move once the band is off. Not in a bad way per say, but it's so obvious with the band on that it almost feels like you aren't shallowing with it off, which could be a bit disconcerting for some.

Am off on honeymoon tomorrow so going to take it with a small weighted club and run through the protocols each day (Without hitting a ball obviously) and see how it goes.

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

I just took the plunge as well. It should be delivered around next Monday. I took the free shipping but now wished I opted for the 2 day. Oh well.

I used to be a reliable 3--5 handicap. Hurt my shoulder and played maybe 12 times the past 3 years. Now that I can play again, I've turned into a 10 handicap and honestly I can't play to that anymore. I shoot 82-88 most days. I broke 80 once this year so far. I think when I played a lot I could mask my swing faults and "time" my way through the swing to keep it manageable, but now not so much........I have turned into a fat hitting iron machine especially from 60-80 yards out. I know I'm too steep and over the top and I can pull hook it with the best right now. I haven't been able to correct it on my own. I hope this helps!

I've been playing around with a few of the protocols in my back yard without the device and am please with the initial results. I will post an update when it comes. I have enjoyed reading the positive reviews so far.

Mine arrived today! A few early thoughts:

(1) It took me far too long to figure out how put the belt on. It turns out that's because the strap part was packaged upside down. Once I flipped the strap around, it was fine.

(2) Naturally, after doing two or three reps of little pitch shots, I just wanted to take it for a full spin with full iron swings. I wouldn't recommend that. My swings were pretty ugly. I think I just wanted it to direct me to the right positions, but obviously it's not that easy.

(3) When I had some more time, I tried the first day of the 7 day protocol in my backyard hitting pinecones. 30 finishing position swings, then 30 with small backswing swings. Even without golf balls, I can feel the effects already. It felt great, frankly. This is an encouraging start.

(4) The real fun is when you take the bands off and try to replicate the same small swings on your own. The "invisible hand" feeling is bizarre and very, very cool. Also I could basically immediately tell it was working. It's hard to put into words, but even without trying to consciously change my swing, I can tell something's different.

After my first few full swings, I was thinking about being the first to put one of these things on the BST. But after doing the first day's protocol, I'm totally ready to dive in to the rest of the training. I think I'll do the first day a couple more times to really ingrain the feels before moving on.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi BB-1W

> @airjammer said:

> i1hxdmlwosh5.png

>

>

Martin and David seem to agree that my move is looking great with the help of the planemate!

I love That it’s making me regain some feels I had in my swing before I hurt my wrist a few years ago (and was at my best handicap).

It’s syncing up my armswing and my pivot and making my swing nice and compact.

> @Schnee said:

> > @airjammer said:

> > i1hxdmlwosh5.png

> >

> >

>

> Martin and David seem to agree that my move is looking great with the help of the planemate!

>

> I love That it’s making me regain some feels I had in my swing before I hurt my wrist a few years ago (and was at my best handicap).

>

> It’s syncing up my armswing and my pivot and making my swing nice and compact.

>

>

Move looks great!!

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

> @Chazb said:

> I have graphite irons but have not tried it on the graphite irons.I have some different wedges in a steel shaft so I use them.When I advance to a longer club I will buy a used five iron in a steel to use which I can pick up pretty cheap.

The clamp also has a rubber liner on the inside of the two clamp sections. Should be no problem w/ graphite shafts.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Glad to see we are getting more interactions from some of the other users for this thread. I am finishing up my protocols tomorrow most likely, but continue to find myself doing them over and over. What I love is that if I have even 10 minutes I can strap on the belt and work on some swings inside or outside, with or without a golf ball. I'm just trying to ingrain patterns and feeling into my golf swing. The PM causes you to ROTATE which I found so helpful. Also it helps to sequence your swing, and it shows you where you need to focus. I have noticed that for me, I need to focus on rotating through the shot and not letting the arms out race my lower body. I think this is a great tool for players of all abilities.

Seems the biggest issue people have with this device is the price. Coupled with the uncertainty of whether it will help their swing or not. The TourStriker items to me, for what they actually are, seem to always be double the price of other similar devices. Why does a tour striker impact bag cost $70 when others are $20 or less? Should a few straps of Velcro & plastic cost $162 ? How long Will it last without breaking? One has to find the value in it. If the product helps the golf swing for the buyer, it's definitely worth money. Other devices from the past have created a lot of skeptics. People are always looking for that magic device that's going cure their swing flaws. It's definitely a lucrative market. With this device, A pga lesson or 2 is about the same cost. I bit the bullet myself & currently waiting for it to arrive. We will see what happens. I've tried only a few swing aids in my life. I've got 1 of those pvc swing plane guides = still in the box it shipped in. And the Rocco Mediate endorsed V Harness....which was used 3x.

I tend not to get wrapped up in training aids. But need something to occupy my time during the long northeast winters.

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*